Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Plotting
Needing help with student backstory/friendships

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:43 pm
I have a character I'm creating for next year's term, only thing is, she's a second year, not a first. So obviously I need to know who of the current students she managed to befriend this past year, as she's a very social girl who would have made plenty of friends, or at least attempted to, and possibly made enemies in the process via being obnoxious.

Here is a link to the in-progress profile for your enjoyment, if you think your character could've befriended her please let me know! Or if you think your character hates her guts, ALSO let me know! biggrin

I have turned off alerts for when people post in my threads due to having made several of the location threads for both guilds so please remember to quote me!

Thus far Merc has befriended:
- Alby Callaghan via overhearing him discussing a movie he was salty about not getting to see and her being all like I KNOW RIGHT I WANNA SEE IT SO BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD instant nerd biffles
- Reuben Horne via noticing he looked hella bored in class, and writing him a note about how she was bored too so they should totally chat

??????  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:25 pm
She can be friends with Lucy! They share dorms and while they might not be that similar, Lucy wouldn't let that stop her from chatting with and befriending her roommate, and they can commiserate together about how boring some classes are!

(Also I'm pretty sure Peter's guts are hated universally and he hates everyone else as well, so there's that sweatdrop )

(I'm clearly failing at trying to stay off of this site >.>;;; )

Cara MiakKitty

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:28 pm
Let's see...

The best fit I probably have is Candace. She would probably get along great with Mercy. Though chances are they probably would have met thanks to Candy's clumsy nature. That's how she met Reuben. sweatdrop

Through Candace, Mercy would probably meet Alana, Minako, and Kimberly. If she can get passed Alana's shy side I could see them possibly working out, since she's usually hanging around Candace anyways. Don't think Mina and her would have gotten past the simple pleasantries mainly because all Mina talks about is fashion and studies. As for Kimberly she'll probably be annoyed by her but depending on how much Mercy likes Spicy food she might find a way to make something positive happen. I'll leave them up to you smile

I also have Richard a year above in Gryffindor. They might have met since he hangs around the common room a lot. Usually lazing around looking at an astronomy book. So if she ever wanted to bug him out of boredom he wouldn't mind.

Cara MiakKitty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:39 pm
murruelecreuset
Let's see...

The best fit I probably have is Candace. She would probably get along great with Mercy. Though chances are they probably would have met thanks to Candy's clumsy nature. That's how she met Reuben. sweatdrop

Through Candace, Mercy would probably meet Alana, Minako, and Kimberly. If she can get passed Alana's shy side I could see them possibly working out, since she's usually hanging around Candace anyways. Don't think Mina and her would have gotten past the simple pleasantries mainly because all Mina talks about is fashion and studies. As for Kimberly she'll probably be annoyed by her but depending on how much Mercy likes Spicy food she might find a way to make something positive happen. I'll leave them up to you smile

I also have Richard a year above in Gryffindor. They might have met since he hangs around the common room a lot. Usually lazing around looking at an astronomy book. So if she ever wanted to bug him out of boredom he wouldn't mind.

Cara MiakKitty

Kimi's probably a no-go, since I'm trying to keep Merc and Rory separate. I talked to Julian in chat earlier and worked out that Merc and Clara were friends, and Rory and Clara don't like each other, so I'm sort of abusing that to keep the two of them separate. Dunno how long it'll last, especially if Merc is friends with any of your others in their year, since THEY'RE all friends.

The rest, Candace and her would probably get along great, and Merc likes befriending shy people because she knows they're probably too shy to do the befriending, so Alana would work, too. Any thoughts on how they met?

Richard's easy because, yeah, common room, lol  

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:58 pm
oyehh
She can be friends with Lucy! They share dorms and while they might not be that similar, Lucy wouldn't let that stop her from chatting with and befriending her roommate, and they can commiserate together about how boring some classes are!

(Also I'm pretty sure Peter's guts are hated universally and he hates everyone else as well, so there's that sweatdrop )

(I'm clearly failing at trying to stay off of this site >.>;;; )

Cara MiakKitty

I TOTALLY MISSED YOUR POST upon inspection the quote is messed up that explains it SORRY OYEHH O A O

ANYWAY Merc's totally the sort that probably started yammering on to Lucy and she likes introverted people because 'they actually listen to me' so that works o3obbbbb

And ye Merc prolly hates the snot lulz  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:11 am
I'd be happy to have Fianna Grey added to the mix. Granted, she's a Fourth Year at that point, but I could definitely see her befriending a younger student or three.  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Plotting

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items