Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
The opinions of Christians?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vale Dragon

Firebreathing Wyvern

14,150 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Astral Veteran 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:15 am
While I do not partake in the religion myself due to my own beliefs which are {all religions are the reason humanity can't get along and therefore we'll all kill each other someday} strangely not optimistic...

I have a couple questions on your opinions.
First, do you hate gays?
If you don't, but do not like them, or perhaps because it is in the bible, could it be considered homophobia? I have been raised next door to a christian family and I have seen the way that people turn out because of it. Homophobia is generally the way that most Christians go.
I'm sure, for them, it would be better to be afraid of it than to become it. Technically, I, myself, am bisexual, so I don't see the point in being scared of it. I've been bisexual since I was fourteen, as I became attracted to both women and men at that point.
Of course, I'm a big fan of waiting until marriage, although I don't do it for religious purposes, I do it because I'm not an idiot who wants teen pregnancy or to give myself away to any manipulative people.
I hope you are not afraid of gays, for they aren't anything to fear. In fact, they've proven to be ten times more honest than other human beings. I've been friends with quite a few, and they've proven to have the best personalities, loyalties and the like.
I've also met gay Christians, which is a weird combination, but it works, nontheless.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:22 pm
Mercurite
While I do not partake in the religion myself due to my own beliefs which are {all religions are the reason humanity can't get along and therefore we'll all kill each other someday} strangely not optimistic...

I have a couple questions on your opinions.
First, do you hate gays?
If you don't, but do not like them, or perhaps because it is in the bible, could it be considered homophobia? I have been raised next door to a christian family and I have seen the way that people turn out because of it. Homophobia is generally the way that most Christians go.
I'm sure, for them, it would be better to be afraid of it than to become it. Technically, I, myself, am bisexual, so I don't see the point in being scared of it. I've been bisexual since I was fourteen, as I became attracted to both women and men at that point.
Of course, I'm a big fan of waiting until marriage, although I don't do it for religious purposes, I do it because I'm not an idiot who wants teen pregnancy or to give myself away to any manipulative people.
I hope you are not afraid of gays, for they aren't anything to fear. In fact, they've proven to be ten times more honest than other human beings. I've been friends with quite a few, and they've proven to have the best personalities, loyalties and the like.
I've also met gay Christians, which is a weird combination, but it works, nontheless.

Why do you think it is homophobic for a Christian who is supposed to believe what the Bible say about all topics to believe what it says about homosexuality?

No - Christianity, and I am speaking of biblical Christianity, doesn't allow for Christians to hate people. We are told to speak the truth in love. Not lie in love or speak the truth with hatred. That is what we are attempting to do: speak the truth in love. Sadly many have defined rejection of certain cultural 'truths' as bigotry or as hatred and reject the Christian thinking concerning this particular topic solely on the basis of feeling. Unknowingly (maybe) they have become what they claim Christians are. They have become intolerant almost to the point of having a totalitarian mindset. Sexual expression has for them become more important than anything else - it should according to them be the highest goal. It should be according to them put before any conviction and anyone's conscience. It is totalitarian/tyrannical/oppressive in demanding this. "Submit to our feelings or be punished. Keep quiet or suffer the consequences." But the reality is that it is possible to disagree on things - such as sexuality without actually hating the other person. The reality is that love sometimes require of you to not always say yes to everything. The reality is that if we allow sexuality and poor arguments such as "love is love" to guide us then we are going to find ourselves at the mercy of chance. If love is love and that should the the overarching theme of the world. Then what is not love? If total acceptance of everything is love then who is supposed to draw the line where that acceptance end? The world is in a pickle. It has no clear lines to draw between right and wrong. It desperately needs this, because without it anything goes. If feelings and totalitarian acceptance are to be our guiding-lines then it follows that all feelings are equally valid doesn't it? That they all demand to be recognized as valid and as good because someone feels this? To claim that Christians hate homosexuals and this is why we speak against homosexuality is an attempt to stifle opposition and shame it into silence. To say that Christians are hateful, bigoted or scared of homosexuals is a straw-man argument that doesn't take into account the foundation of Christianity, of the Christian view of morality - which is not feelings, but reasoning from the Bible.

Someone who makes claims to be a Christian but live in active defiance of what God has defined as wrong in His revelation to us Christians - is a poor Christian. I would question if such a Christian was a Christian because his fruit (his actions) tells me he has not been changed in his encounter with Christ - and you are supposed to be. You can't be the same man you were before, living in the same kind of sins if you have met Jesus who died because of those sins. Who bought you free from sin with His blood so you could be free from sin.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

OtakuKat

Vice Captain

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:58 pm
I do not hate homosexual/bisexual/etc. people-I actually have some friends who are bisexual. I'm concerned for them, but it doesn't change the fact that they're my friends.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:32 pm
OtakuKat
I do not hate homosexual/bisexual/etc. people-I actually have some friends who are bisexual. I'm concerned for them, but it doesn't change the fact that they're my friends.

Another point here-

Why be concerned? If they're happy with their choices, then God won't be put in between them and their sexuality.
Above all, my biggest thing is that no matter what, be happy. If your religion is holding you back, walk away from it. if it's your workplace, find a new one.  

Vale Dragon

Firebreathing Wyvern

14,150 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Astral Veteran 100

OtakuKat

Vice Captain

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:24 pm
Mercurite
OtakuKat

Another point here-

Why be concerned? If they're happy with their choices, then God won't be put in between them and their sexuality.
Above all, my biggest thing is that no matter what, be happy. If your religion is holding you back, walk away from it. if it's your workplace, find a new one.

Because I would rather believe a painful truth than a pretty lie. Religion should not be about finding temporary happiness-it should be about learning what's true and honoring God. Christ suffered the ultimate punishment so that we could find true happiness in God and spend eternity in Heaven. Christ loved us so much as to die on a cross and feel the burden of everyone's sin-I refuse to walk away from Him for temporary happiness.  
Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games