Sounds fun!
  Not interested!
  I have another idea (post)!
  Gold!
View Results

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:25 pm
Just a quick suggestion, not super thought out because I'm on a coffee energy buzz right now, so I'm just throwing words on the page buuuutttt...

I thought it could be a fun idea to start doing official rp challenges where a staff member, maybe someone on the rp staff, presents a scenario for people to place their characters into. Maybe for an extra stat or it could just be purely for fun and inspiration. I was thinking it would be a great way to encourage rp every month.

Ideas would be things like:
rp a character having a mental breakdown
rp your character being caught in a storm
rp your character infiltrating an enemy lair
rp your character playing a prank gone awry
rp your character in a battle
rp your character seeking revenge

I mean you could really go so many directions with this and if you keep it vague it could be interpreted in a lot of different ways. You could even do things where you rp your character meeting a kalona, or flutter, etc. I thought it would be a cool way to motivate people to contact other owners for rp and to jumpstart muses which is something I know a lot of people struggle with. You could contact other owners and do the scenarios together or you could do an SRP with NPCs or just your own soq if you want to, it would really be open.

Anyways, definitely not something that would absolutely need to happen, just a suggestion that I thought people might enjoy that wouldn't be a lot of extra work for staff. Thanks for reading!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:40 pm
I really like the idea of prompts to help inspire RP/writing in general. Personally I find them super helpful. :>

Even if we managed to put a kind of list together (perhaps in the plots forum) as users so it didn't have to be run by staff necessarily. I'd be happy to help maintain something like that!  

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:33 pm
I would be on board with this. I know some other shops do it and it seems to help / create ideas for people.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:07 pm
I like this idea too. Sometimes it is a major drain to try and do self rps all the time. I try to push out what I can but sometimes it's just hard  

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Object of Affection 150

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:05 am
We actually tried doing something similar earlier this earlier this year. in monthly open-RPs. Unfortunately, not many participated, and it kind of fizzled out.

Perhaps when we get our RP staff from hiatus we can look at resuming it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:27 am
I think the open rps were a fun idea, I just think group rps are really difficult to keep going because they are so dependent on everyone replying in a timely manner. Most of my rps with more than 2 people haven't made it past the first page. If one person gets distracted or loses their muse the whole thing becomes difficult and it can be intimidating/difficult to join later on once it does get going if its open. I was mostly just thinking of more of a little muse kick start for solo, regular, or group rps, whatever people feel like doing. I'm glad other people like this idea!!!  

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Pandora Talie
Crew

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:41 am
I really like this smile
More so then the Open-Rps for the reason Faith said -.-  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:46 am
Sounds like fun to me smile and I might actually be able to finish one of these.  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:28 am
This is a neat idea.
I definitely don't get into those big open RPs because of the reasons Faith mentioned, too many people get in and then it peters off quickly because some people don't post regularly enough. But if it could be restricted to smaller rps, then maybe it would work better. Or make it so that if you do an rp that involves the monthly theme then it counts for whatever bonuses it can give. Plus the scenarios may give people who don't normally rp incentive to do so since it will give them something to work with.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:57 am
mistalina13
I really like the idea of prompts to help inspire RP/writing in general. Personally I find them super helpful. :>

Even if we managed to put a kind of list together (perhaps in the plots forum) as users so it didn't have to be run by staff necessarily. I'd be happy to help maintain something like that!

I like this idea too! I was originally thinking the 'time sensitivity' of it might motivate more people to do it 'this month' and get stats but I would also love to just make a plot post with a big list of prompts and ideas in the first post and leave it open for people to post suggestions. It could be like one of those reading challenge lists, but for plots so that when you get a new character you can go in and do the different 'challenges' with them. More personal pride points than stat points at that point. We could even leave it open for people to submit a theme'd list of rp ideas like if you plan on your character being a hero there could be a 'making a hero' plot challenge and there could be a healer, a villain, etc etc different lists too. I think that would be super fun and because its mostly owner maintained we could keep it going for a long time and if the list was made by one person who went inactive, it would be simple for another user to take over. I might go throw something together for this and leave it open for people to contribute so we can get that started, then if the staff wanted to make it official for stats or something down the line, they can take it over?  

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:22 pm
If you guys want to make prompts for the hell of it, that's up to you guys and so long as you follow the rules -- you guys can make prompts all you want. If they break the rules or aren't something we as a shop are down with, we'll just let you know.

That aside, if you want this to be run by RP Staff, and possibly get fams or stats from those who post, you're going to need my team to come up with it. We'll have to talk to Phail so her job isn't being infringed upon -- we already give stats for ICly responses so this starts to get dangerously similar.

There are also other things we'd need to come up with -- such as who is going to log this stuff, who is going to run the list, who is going to write the monthly prompts, what prizes we'll be giving out each month, etc. I'm happy to have our team do it but I ask you not rush into something and give my team time to come back from hiatus.

At this point Tiro is dealing with RL stuff, Caj just had a baby, and Nayci is getting adjusted to a new job.

My concern is if you guys keep this just a fun side-group project, then that's all it will be because if RP Staff gets involved, we might decide to run it differently then how a customer sets it up, and whatnot.

So it's up to you. I'm fine implementing this into the RP Staff's roles, but we're going to need some time behind the scenes to set it up, and to talk to other staff to make sure they're on board, etc. If you guys want to run it just for fun, then you also have my blessing so long as you follow the rules, but it will likely be something we just leave to you in that case. :3  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:03 pm
There's some spare sub-forums over in Era. A version with less staff input required could be just to make one of those into a 'RP Prompt' sub-forum and let folks post their prompt ideas.

Me, personally, I've never been super huge on prompts or open RPs but I've always loved the idea of world events. It doesn't necessarily have to be anything catastrophic or world changing. It could just be a funny little pink flower that's suddenly blooming all over. (( Seriously, where did this flower come from and can I eat it? )) or a unsubstantiated rumour that's spreading like wildfire. (( WHAT? FIVE NEW HELL TREES? (I'm blanking so hard on this name right now) FIVE OF THEM?! THE WORLD'S ENDING! THE SKY IS FALLING! ))

Then if some folks want to group up and have a flower festival or go tree hunting then they can run big open RPs or just do smaller RPs with a couple people based on the theme.

one over three

Feline Cat

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:36 pm
I'm big on metaplots.

I actually have a whole bunch that were supposed to happen -- but other events, other shop happenings behind-the-scenes, and missing help have kept them from going forth.

<< So metaplot is something that RP Staff is supposed to be handling. I'll see what I can whip up none-the-less.

I'm completely fine if world prompts are something the shop would like to see more of! It's very possible the Open RP idea tanked because it was an open RP and less prompt-based.

Nothing has stopped people from grouping together around a story-line -- but if you want it to be a monthly or bi-monthly world event, then yeah, I'd prefer RP staff tackle it.

Things for 2017 (or end of this year if I can manage):

[ ] More Metaplot.
[ ] Possible Monthly World things

All good things to know the shop wants!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:45 pm
Uta
I'm big on metaplots.

I actually have a whole bunch that were supposed to happen -- but other events, other shop happenings behind-the-scenes, and missing help have kept them from going forth.

<< So metaplot is something that RP Staff is supposed to be handling. I'll see what I can whip up none-the-less.

I'm completely fine if world prompts are something the shop would like to see more of! It's very possible the Open RP idea tanked because it was an open RP and less prompt-based.

Nothing has stopped people from grouping together around a story-line -- but if you want it to be a monthly or bi-monthly world event, then yeah, I'd prefer RP staff tackle it.

Things for 2017 (or end of this year if I can manage):

[ ] More Metaplot.
[ ] Possible Monthly World things

All good things to know the shop wants!

Oh God, yes, Metaplots.

I use some of the past shop events as metaplots (kalona army, the fire/rise from the ashes, and Dinosaur event) as jumping off places. It usually is my most inspired RP!  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:18 am
Oh oh oh!
I want to build on the RP ideas!
What about if people signed up and if they couldn't choose who to RP, there could be a compiled list of likewise people and they could rando-number to get a partner for the RP!
That way it could also be unique and different!  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff