Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
The Temple and End Times - Amazing New Developments

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:27 am
BY ENOCH LAVENDER OCTOBER 20, 2016

For us who are watching prophetic developments in the earth, there is something very exciting about monitoring the historic preparations taking place for the rebuilding of Israel's Temple.

In the last few weeks, two big stories have hit the headlines that are worth noting.

The first news item concerns the resurfacing of a report of a mysterious gemstone that could belong to the original breastplate of the High Priest.

The second news headline is that Israel's reconvened Sanhedrin has taken the momentous step to nominate a High Priest - for the first time since the Temple's destruction in AD 70!

In this article we will look more at these intriguing developments and will then look at the prophetic implications for us as believers as we draw closer to the time of the Lord's coming.

Continue reading: link  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:51 pm
edited to correct erroneous statement & include link I forgot to link-to LOL
This is so exciting! heart whee

A concern I have though is that they're not calculating YHWH's appointed times correctly (that is, Biblically, according to the Commands); instead, they're following a self-imposed tradition that deviates from the Commands (that tradition being a mathematical formula they adopted, instead of using the criteria in the Commands i.e. that harvest has turned Abib, in addition to the sun, moon and the stars. As a result, the Biblical calendar and the Hillel II calendar that they use today can be a month apart in difference sometimes.

This series [Time: Our Creator's Calendar [Series]] addresses the Biblical criteria plus the four types of calendars used today to calculate YHWH's appointed times. I'm praying that they get 100% obedient to the Commands and not to tradition that supplants the truth.

cristobela
Vice Captain

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:54 am
cristobela
edited to correct erroneous statement & include link I forgot to link-to LOL
This is so exciting! heart whee

A concern I have though is that they're not calculating YHWH's appointed times correctly (that is, Biblically, according to the Commands); instead, they're following a self-imposed tradition that deviates from the Commands (that tradition being a mathematical formula they adopted, instead of using the criteria in the Commands i.e. that harvest has turned Abib, in addition to the sun, moon and the stars. As a result, the Biblical calendar and the Hillel II calendar that they use today can be a month apart in difference sometimes.

This series [Time: Our Creator's Calendar [Series]] addresses the Biblical criteria plus the four types of calendars used today to calculate YHWH's appointed times. I'm praying that they get 100% obedient to the Commands and not to tradition that supplants the truth.

I am not sure they will get/be 100% obedient because we know that the Antichrist will seat himself in the rebuilt temple claiming to be God. We know that if they break just one point in the Law, then they have broken all of the Law (James 2:10). So there is a tremendous responsibility to know what you are doing and not make assumptions or guesses (even educated guesses) if someone is to rebuild the temple; measurements, fabrics, color choices, metals etc. The models we have today of the 2nd temple rely not solely on the Bible, but extrabiblical sources such as Josephus.

Speaking of the exterior of the temple the blueprint of the outside of the temple seem to follow those of Michael Avi-Yonah's 1966 model.
Video showing the blueprints from the Temple Institute.

I can only speculate but if they were completely obedient down to the letter I would think there was some sort of protection against the Antichrist defiling the temple.

2 Thessalonians 2:4
He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

The first temple was destroyed because of disobedience. Idolatry etc (Ezra 5:12. 2 Kings 25).
The second temple was destroyed because of disobedience, not giving to God what was due to Him, defiling of the Temple (John 2:15). Refusing to accept the Messiah etc (Mark 13:1-37).
The third temple is already constructed on disobedience before it is even built. The would-be builders assume that the Messiah's arrival is still somewhere in the future - not recognizing or being unwilling to recognize that He already came. Which is in essence the same as rejecting Him. Building something that doesn't have Jesus as the foundation and with the object of worshiping God without Jesus, is a project that is doomed to fail (1 Corinthians 3:11).  
News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games