Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Charms I ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shadow_the_kit

Cluttered Phantom

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:11 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Eiji Clarke
1st Year | Half-Blood | Hufflepuff

Eiji bounced into the classroom with his usual shark like grin. His Otōto was an angel. He has sent him a huge box of sugar quills with his last letter. It has replenished his quickly empting supplies. Mashiro had even sent him some regular quills, even if Eiji would probably never use them. Eiji flopped heavily into an empty seat and waved at his fellow classmates. He could actually recognize and name most of them. A huge accomplishment for the hyperactive future mangaka.

Eiji whipped out his class supplies and quickly wrote down notes for the class of the day with his standard chibi of the professor performing the spell. Next to it he drew the wand movement alone too. Eiji couldn't help but grin manically as he pulled out his wand. Burn! Baby burn! Eiji thought gleefully. He even may have let a small cackle escape. Otōto is gonna hate when he finds out I got new ways to play with fire. Eiji grinned at his fellow classmates getting up for their candles. He decided he was gonna be lazy today. He had seen the professor perform this spell enough he was pretty sure he could too... "Accio candles." Eiji mumbled and mimicked their professors movements. Eiji grinned as a candles flew straight to him. Ones better than none! He set the candle down and began trying to perform the incendio charm.

After four attempts and no luck Eiji was pouting. "Vespera, Sonora. I’m not being funny. Could you help me with this spell? I'm having a spot of trouble." Eiji whispered.

OOC: The world hates me! Work, school, and now planning three weddings is killing me! I may have forgot all about gaia.... sweatdrop

Stefan Lee Salvatore

addaellis

When | Fall 2042
Where | Charms classroom
With | 1st years
Feeling | Burn! Baby burn! *cackles*

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:17 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFCHARMS PROFESSOR

It was Tuesday morning, which marked Elsie's second day of classes. Luckily, her only class today was the first years, and if she'd handled the second and fifth year yesterdays, she was sure she'd be fine. She rearranged her desk for the millionth time, made sure the door hadn't swung shut on her, and began to write on the board as students began to file inside; the 8 o'clock bell was sure to begin to toll within a minute or two, marking the beginning of the first period of classes.

When she was done writing she turned to face the class, wiping a bit of errant chalk dust off of her jeans. In one corner of the board the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over. In the center WHAT IS A CHARM? was written in bright yellow chalk, and underlined. Twice.

"Good morning everyone," Elsie said brightly, hoping she didn't sound condescending or as if she expected them all to chorus 'good morning' back. "I hope you enjoyed your first day of classes yesterday. This is Charms, and I will be your Charms instructor for the rest of your time here. My name is Professor Shoichet. I have a list with all of your names, but I'd like to put names to faces, so if you could all go around the room and tell me who you are and your house, that would be excellent. No need to stand, just be loud and clear. And ten points to the house of anyone who can tell me what a charm is while they're at it, alright? The tall blonde woman sat rather casually on the desk, long legs easily touching the floor, as she went down the list with her wand, looking up at the sound of each student's voice.

OOC:
Username

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-
The night’s so dark and grey;
But you’ve helped me find my way.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:28 pm
User Image
☽Aldrick✩Knapp☾
User ImageGryffindor First YearUser Image

▬▬ Make your life a masterpiece; ▬▬

Aldrick walked into charms and sat in the middle of the classroom, not too far in front like a know it all, but not in the back like a slacker. When the Professor asked a question, he raised his hand and spoke up, "My name is Aldrick Knapp, and my house is Gryffindor. A Charm is a scheme to have others like and trust you immediately. Because you're just charming, like I am." He grinned, then slightly reclined in his chair. Who was he kidding, he didn't care if he looked like a slacker, in the end he would be doing all the work for any project they would have. He would still be the most successful one in the class if he had anything to do about it.

▬▬ imagine no limitations on what you can be, have, or do. ▬▬

Where: Charms
With Whom: First Years
Thinking about: Maybe I can start being the best right here... Nah.
Aldrick Description: Greenish blueish eyes, blond hair, 4'8"
Wearing: School Robes

OOC: Open for Interaction

_____

_____

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:10 am
XI The law, the justice, the truth...

AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
first year || Slytherin || muggleborn

Stairs. Curse all of the staircases in Hogwarts, and all of the moving staircases. August had been climbing the impossible number of staircases from the Slytherin dormitories when a staircase decided to move along, tossing him to the side and eventually dumping him on some forsaken unfamiliar floor. He'd missed breakfast, and felt lucky to get to class at all, as he resignedly took a seat in the back of the classroom late. He pulled his class materials out as quietly as possible.

At least he had a few students introduce themselves ahead of him so he had time to figure out what was going on and what they were supposed to say. "August Li, House Slytherin. Charms are spells that change the state of an object, such as making something broken whole again, but not something like turning it into another object or making it do something like float or move?” He wasn’t entirely sure of that definition. He was pretty sure his cousin had mentioned learning a levitation spell in Charms, but that didn’t seem like a property of a object. Well, as long as he wasn’t getting graded on this response, he was here to learn.

No matter what, I promise, I will protect you. IV

addaellis

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:27 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORHUFFLEPUFF HEADCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie was thrilled to be teaching the first years their first official charm today; she was glad she didn't teach a subject that was all lecture, like History of Magic. She wanted to be able to actually see them learning. Once they'd taken their seats and she was done taking attendance, she rose from her desk. "Good morning everyone! Today you will be learning about, and attempting, your very first charm." She nodded to the board behind her, where Wingardium Leviosa was written in neat cursive.

"Before we begin the lesson, let's briefly go over the homework assignment- you should have read up on the four essentials of casting a charm successfully." Textbook in hand, she walked up and down between the desks as she went over the reading. "First, you must focus on your objective when casting any spell. If you are distracted or not paying proper attention to your target, the spell will either fail entirely, backfire onto you, or give you less than stellar results. This is especially important in stressful situations, such as when you are defending yourself or trying to help someone. Second, your wand movements must be precise. Charms is a delicate branch of magic. Many charms will not function properly if the wand was flicked or swirled wildly. Thirdly, you must stress syllables properly. Not pronouncing a charm correctly or slurring or stammering the words is one of the most common reasons for a charm to fail. Finally, visualization, not to be confused with concentration. Technically, you can cast a charm without visualizing it, but it certainly helps to have an idea of what you want to achieve. See it to believe it, to speak," she laughed, and then snapped the book shut, approaching the board once more.

"Right then, if you are all prepared, let's go over the levitation charm, which is what we will be learning today." Chalk in hand, she started to write the charm's definition and lecture simultaneously. "Please take notes, everyone, it will help with your out of class practicing. Simply put, the levitation charm can be used to levitate any object, including, with enough practice and skill, things that a human being would never have the strength to lift on their own, such as heavy furniture, downed trees, vehicles, and so on. The object levitated can be lifted as high as the caster is able to see. The only thing the charm cannot lift is humans- it only effects the clothing worn."

The blonde turned to face the students with a small smile as she recounted the charm's history. "It was created in the sixteenth century by a wizard named Jarleth Hobart, whose goal was to attempt human flight. He failed, and broke sixteen bones for his trouble- as well as a penalty for 'Extraordinary Stupidity' from the Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot. However, the charm survived his embarrassment, and is one of the most common, well-known charms in the wizarding world."

Turning back to the board, Elsie sketched the wand movement of the spell:

User Image

"The pronunciation is as follows; Wing-GAR-dee-um levi-O-sa. The incantation essentially means, 'lift up high'. Now, if everyone feels ready, please come up and take a feather from this box on my desk." She indicated the box, containing various feathers of all shapes, sizes, and colors, sitting on the desk beside her.

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:46 am
User Image
☽Aldrick✩Knapp☾
User ImageGryffindor First YearUser Image

▬▬ Make your life a masterpiece; ▬▬

Aldrick walked into charms and sat in the middle of the classroom again, claiming this as his seat. They were learning Wingardium Leviosa. He nodded along to the lesson, took a feather from the box and began working. He just barely got the feather levitated the first time, but kept working towards triyng to get it higher and higher, saying 'Wingardium Leviosa" each time.

▬▬ imagine no limitations on what you can be, have, or do. ▬▬

Where: Charms
With Whom: First Years
Thinking about:
Aldrick Description: Greenish blueish eyes, blond hair, 4'8"
Wearing: School Robes

OOC: Open for Interaction

_____

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:44 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie was at her desk organizing the crate full of candles she'd brought along to this lesson. Yes, it was a bit obvious what charm they'd be learning, but there was no easier way to learn it then to learn how to light a simple candle. Besides, incendio was both very useful and quite dangerous when misused, and she didn't want anyone sending the classroom up in flames. "Today we'll be learning the fire-starting charm," she said cheerfully, as the first years filed in. "Incendio."

"Incendio also happens to be a form of conjuration, as it creates flames, rather than simply warming something up. Incendio comes from the Latin term incendium, meaning fire. As it causes fire, incendio can be quite dangerous if misused, and so I never want any of you to direct this charm at anything but an inanimate object, or Devil's Snare, if you happen to be in that situation," Elsie added dryly.

"The pronunciation is in-SEN-dee-oh, and the incantation means 'to set fire'." The professor turned back to the board, and sketched the wand movement of the charm:

"Now, everyone should come up and take a candle so they can practice for themselves."

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:39 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

It was Tuesday morning, which marked Elsie's second day of classes. Luckily, her only class today was the first years, and if she'd handled the second and fifth year yesterdays, she was sure she'd be fine. She rearranged her desk for the millionth time, made sure the door hadn't swung shut on her, and began to write on the board as students began to file inside; the 8 o'clock bell was sure to begin to toll within a minute or two, marking the beginning of the first period of classes.

When she was done writing she turned to face the class, wiping a bit of errant chalk dust off of her jeans. In one corner of the board the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over. In the center WHAT IS A CHARM? was written in bright yellow chalk, and underlined. Twice.

"Good morning everyone," Elsie said brightly, hoping she didn't sound condescending or as if she expected them all to chorus 'good morning' back. "I hope you enjoyed your first day of classes yesterday. This is Charms, and I will be your Charms instructor for the rest of your time here. My name is Professor Shoichet. I have a list with all of your names, but I'd like to put names to faces, so if you could all go around the room and tell me who you are and your house, that would be excellent. No need to stand, just be loud and clear. And ten points to the house of anyone who can tell me what a charm is while they're at it, alright? The tall blonde woman sat rather casually on the desk, long legs easily touching the floor, as she went down the list with her wand, looking up at the sound of each student's voice.

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:40 pm
User Image

s h e ' s x a x k i l l e r x q u e e n , x g u n p o w d e r , x g e l a t i n- - -
f i r s t x y e a r x h u f f l e p u f f ✶
c h a r m s x c l a s s ✶
f i r s t x y e a r s x a n d x p r o f e s s o r x s c o i c h e t ✶
c l a s s x
a x l i t t l e x n e r v o u s ✶

Saffron had been a bit early to class, she figured it was best to make a habit of being on time, rather than being late all the time. Though, she knew it was bound to happen eventually. Wearing her robes made her fell more responsible though, like she had to live up to her clothes as a student. Besides, her parents would be upset if they found out she had been late to a class the first week that classes had started. She pulled her notebook out and placed it on the desk, preparing to take ample notes.

When the professor began to speak, she stiffened her spine, making sure to pay close attention to her words. Saffron knew she would have to apply herself if she wanted to make good grades in all of her classes. When it got to be her turn to introduce herself, she grinned, this was something she was very good at.
"Hi! I'm Saffron Adelgrief. I'm in Hufflepuff," she said loudly, trying to make sure everyone could hear her. She wanted to seem inviting, so people would befriend her and so Professor Shoicet would remember her. Saf frowned slightly when the question of "what is a charm?" was proposed. She knew what they were, but couldn't exactly put it to words. She would have to do some studying if she wanted to be able to keep up - or just remember the appropriate vocabulary.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶- - - - - - - - - - - - d y n a m i t e x w i t h x a x l a s e r b e a mx , g u a r a n t e e d x t o x b l o w x y o u r x m i n d x a n y t i m e- - - - - - - - - - - -✶ ✶ ✶ ✶

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:36 am
User Image
⫸ Annabella Clodagh Sheehan ⫸ a.k.a. Annie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx
Time: 2043-2044
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Annie was excited by all of her classes and it was only the second day. Today was charms which sounded absolutely enchanting. She was a little disappointed not to see Jess come in yet, but it was early. Spotting Saffron, one of her bunk mates, Annie waved and whispered, "Hi, Saffron." Soon class was starting, though, and Annie dutifully took out her notepad and pencil determined to learn as much as possible. Not every person got the opportunity to be magical and Annie wanted to take advantage of her opportunity. Besides, most people seemed nice. Annie was too nervous when it came to her turn to try to answer what a Charm was but offered her name in a rush, "Annabella Sheehan, but you can call me Annie, and I'm a Hufflepuff." She took a deep breath afterwards trying to hide her blush, worried mean words might come her way for how quick she had spoken in her fit of shyness.

User Image
                                                            ------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                            You're a lively one, for sure
                                                            Kind and brave, unbridled optimism
                                                            Hm, this is a tough one
                                                            But... yes, I think, for you

Hufflepuff!
                                                            {OoC: }
                                                            Rawwry

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:33 pm
User Image
Canaan Grey
RavenclawFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Canaan was actually pretty jazzed for Charms class, as he would actually have a chance to do actual magic, and that was pretty cool. He'd yet to see any of his Housemates, but then he was there kinda early. He was still learning his way around the school, and with all the moving staircases and all, he didn't want to be late on his first Charms class. Canaan wasn't as fixated on punctuality like a certain cousin, but he wanted to make a good first impression. When class started he had his notepad and pencil out, ready to take down notes. As the teacher was taking attendance, he spoke up, "Canaan Grey, and I'm from Ravenclaw," he said, before taking a stab at the teacher's question. "Um, a Charm is a type of spell which ... affects something cast on it, but doesn't change what it is." He hoped the words tumbling out his mouth made more sense than how they sounded to his ears.

OOC:
Username

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:43 pm
User Image
⁂ Margaux Héloïse Lévesque ⁂
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx
Time: 2043-2044
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Margaux thought about joining Canaan in Charms class but decided it looked a bit desperate. Canaan at least seemed alright. However, she decided to take the gamble and see who else might dare sit next to her. Perhaps they were interesting and worthy of her company. Taking a seat near the front to make a good impression, Margaux waited till it got to her side of the room, "Margaux Lévesque, Slytherin house. And, Mr. Grey is absolutely correct, charms affect properties of an object but do not change the actual object." She felt Canaan's description was a little inarticulate and felt the need to clarify, but overall she was impressed with his quick answer. Better than the two redheaded Hufflepuffs who could only give their names.
                                                User Image
                                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Ratty? My, how original, never heard that before
                                                Well, then, if you're so sure of what you want
                                                It'd better be

Slytherin!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mʏ ʟɪғᴇ ғᴇᴇʟs ʟᴇɢᴇɴᴅᴀʀʏ, Bᴜᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴛᴀɪʟs. Tʜɪs ᴛɪᴍᴇ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀsᴛ ᴀs I ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ɴᴇᴡ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ.
I'ᴠᴇ Sᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ, Tʜᴇsᴇ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴʟʏ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ, Dɪsᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʙʀᴀɪɴ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ɪs ᴍʏ ᴏᴀsɪs.
Sɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜɪs ᴄᴀᴍᴘғɪʀᴇ, ᴍʏ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs ᴀʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs. I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴡᴀɴᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴇxᴀᴍɪɴᴇ ᴇxᴀᴄᴛʟʏ ᴡʜᴏ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ.
Sᴏᴍᴇ Mɪɢʜᴛ ᴄᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ ɪɴsᴀɴɪᴛʏ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's sᴏ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜs. Bᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴜɴʟᴇss ᴡᴇ ʀɪsᴋ ᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴀʏs ғᴏʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ Mᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ. Sᴜᴄʜ ᴀ Vɪʙʀᴀɴᴛ Mʏsᴛᴇʀʏ.Fʀᴏᴍ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴄʜᴀʟʟᴇɴɢᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ sᴇᴇᴋ, sᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴀʏ sᴀʟᴠᴀɢᴇ ᴛʜɪs ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ.
Iɴ Essᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴄᴏɴɴᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ, ʀᴇɢᴀʀᴅʟᴇss ᴏғ ᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇʟɪᴇғs.Eᴠᴇɴ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇɢɪᴏɴs, ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪs sᴍᴀʟʟᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴡᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ.

Shenaiya practically skipped into class, books held tightly against her torso. She was so concerned about not knowing anything, she would hate to have to become unfriendly because someone picked on her. The jitters and the need to make a good impression made it's way through the dark haired girls features as she slid into a seat near the front. She slid her wand onto her desk as the rules stated as the professor continued righting on the board. Once she was done, she introduced herself and asked her first question of the class. "Hi! I'm Shenaiya Asphodel, Pufflehuff... I m-mean... Hufflepuff..." she stumbled. "Dangit, the wizarding world is so difficult..." She whispered... Turning a deep shade of red that offset her hair, she then placed her books and notepads onto the desk to take notes. Someone had already answered, but she had just read that chapter the night before... Or was it the night before last?

"I believe a charm... It's what they said, however it differs from... Oh what was the word..." She stumbled further. She was never this shy... Ever! But she had no idea what she was even doing in a Magical school, let alone this class. Book smarts and actually being able to do so were two totally different things. "Transfigurations, because transfigurations changes the object itself, and Charms add something to the object." She started but soon became a mumbling mess because she wasn't sure if she was right. Why did she open her mouth?

AND, ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴs I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ RIGHT HERE. Tʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ғɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍɪʟᴇsᴛᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ sʜᴀʀᴇ.
Wʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴘᴏᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴀʟʟʏ ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴄᴏɴsɪᴅᴇʀ ᴅᴇʟɪɢʜᴛғᴜʟ.
Wᴇ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇ ʜᴏᴘᴇғᴜʟʟʏ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴘᴀᴛʜ, ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴏᴄᴄᴀsɪᴏɴᴀʟʟʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟᴇᴀᴅ ᴜs ɪɴᴛᴏ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴀʟʟ ɢʀᴀss.

ϒ

Wᴇ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ʟᴏsᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪғ ᴡᴇ sᴘʟɪᴛ ᴡᴀʏs, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀsᴋ. Iғ I ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ, ᴡɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴍᴇ?
Bᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ. Iғ I ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴍᴇ?!
Bᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ. Wʜᴇɴ I ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴍᴇ?

Bᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴏᴜʀ Dᴇsᴛɪɴʏ.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:06 am
User Image
                                                  𝔸 𝕟 𝕟 𝕒 𝕝 𝕚 𝕤 𝕖 𝕄 𝕒 𝕣 𝕚 𝕖 𝕂 𝕦 𝕣 𝕥 𝕤
                                                  ___╘═══▶ first year : gryffindor

______User Image ____ User Image ____ User Image
                                                  __________________________________________

It was too early for this. Annalise yawned as she trudged into Charms class, carrying a muffin she swiped from breakfast that morning. She had one more class later this afternoon, which meant she had time for a nap and maybe some exploring time before that. For now, though, she had an early class. Taking a seat with her classmates, Anna listened as her professor introduced herself. Today, they were doing the simple introductions and such. "Annalise Kurts, Gryffindor," she replied when it was her turn. As the other students discussed what a Charm was, Anna munched on her muffin and sat back, listening and watching. The three students who spoke up seemed to all give the same answer, just said different ways. So a Charm is a spell that changes the properties of an object, but not the object itself, like changing the color or size. Understood.

OOC: . . .

❝ I've lost myself in make-believe. Over and over, I'm deceived. You want reform? I can't conform.
                                                  'Cause I can't take anymore of your tainted bliss 'cause I've lost myself in make-believe. You can't break me. ❞

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:03 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie was thrilled to be teaching the first years their first official charm today; she was glad she didn't teach a subject that was all lecture, like History of Magic. She wanted to be able to actually see them learning. Once they'd taken their seats and she was done taking attendance, she rose from her desk. "Good morning everyone! Today you will be learning about, and attempting, your very first charm." She nodded to the board behind her, where Wingardium Leviosa was written in neat cursive.

"Before we begin the lesson, let's briefly go over the homework assignment- you should have read up on the four essentials of casting a charm successfully." Textbook in hand, she walked up and down between the desks as she went over the reading. "First, you must focus on your objective when casting any spell. If you are distracted or not paying proper attention to your target, the spell will either fail entirely, backfire onto you, or give you less than stellar results. This is especially important in stressful situations, such as when you are defending yourself or trying to help someone. Second, your wand movements must be precise. Charms is a delicate branch of magic. Many charms will not function properly if the wand was flicked or swirled wildly. Thirdly, you must stress syllables properly. Not pronouncing a charm correctly or slurring or stammering the words is one of the most common reasons for a charm to fail. Finally, visualization, not to be confused with concentration. Technically, you can cast a charm without visualizing it, but it certainly helps to have an idea of what you want to achieve. See it to believe it, to speak," she laughed, and then snapped the book shut, approaching the board once more.

"Right then, if you are all prepared, let's go over the levitation charm, which is what we will be learning today." Chalk in hand, she started to write the charm's definition and lecture simultaneously. "Please take notes, everyone, it will help with your out of class practicing. Simply put, the levitation charm can be used to levitate any object, including, with enough practice and skill, things that a human being would never have the strength to lift on their own, such as heavy furniture, downed trees, vehicles, and so on. The object levitated can be lifted as high as the caster is able to see. The only thing the charm cannot lift is humans- it only effects the clothing worn."

The blonde turned to face the students with a small smile as she recounted the charm's history. "It was created in the sixteenth century by a wizard named Jarleth Hobart, whose goal was to attempt human flight. He failed, and broke sixteen bones for his trouble- as well as a penalty for 'Extraordinary Stupidity' from the Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot. However, the charm survived his embarrassment, and is one of the most common, well-known charms in the wizarding world."

Turning back to the board, Elsie sketched the wand movement of the spell:

User Image

"The pronunciation is as follows; Wing-GAR-dee-um levi-O-sa. The incantation essentially means, 'lift up high'. Now, if everyone feels ready, please come up and take a feather from this box on my desk." She indicated the box, containing various feathers of all shapes, sizes, and colors, sitting on the desk beside her.

OOC:
Username

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff