Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Charms I ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:59 pm
User Image
                                                  𝔸 𝕟 𝕟 𝕒 𝕝 𝕚 𝕤 𝕖 𝕄 𝕒 𝕣 𝕚 𝕖 𝕂 𝕦 𝕣 𝕥 𝕤
                                                  ___╘═══▶ first year : gryffindor

______User Image ____ User Image ____ User Image
                                                  __________________________________________

Annalise hurried into Charms class, running a bit late. She slid into her seat, popping the last bit of a muffin into her mouth and chewing it up as she took out her notebook. Wiping the crumbs off her mouth, she quickly started writing down notes on their weekly lecture. They were practicing a spell today. Anna listened as the professor explained the proper steps to performing a spell, taking out her wand when it was time to practice. The Gryffindor girl made her target her Charms textbook. First, concentrate. Anna closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Second, wand movement. She waved her wand, following the swish-and-flick motion. She practiced it a few times before moving on. Step three, pronunciation. "Wingardium Leviosa. Wingardium Leviosa. Wingardium Leviosa." She repeated it, whispering to herself over and over again. Step four, visualization. With her eyes closed, Anna pictured the textbook floating above her desk, high into the rafters. Time to put it all together! "Wingardium Leviosa!" she exclaimed, flicking her wrist in the proper wand movement. Peeking her eyes open, to her surprise, the textbook was floating! Not quite up to the rafters, but still, it was a few feet above her desk. Success!

OOC: . . .

❝ I've lost myself in make-believe. Over and over, I'm deceived. You want reform? I can't conform.
                                                  'Cause I can't take anymore of your tainted bliss 'cause I've lost myself in make-believe. You can't break me. ❞

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:24 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORHUFFLEPUFF HEADCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie was at her desk organizing the crate full of candles she'd brought along to this lesson. Yes, it was a bit obvious what charm they'd be learning, but there was no easier way to learn it then to learn how to light a simple candle. Besides, incendio was both very useful and quite dangerous when misused, and she didn't want anyone sending the classroom up in flames. "Today we'll be learning the fire-starting charm," she said cheerfully, as the first years filed in. "Incendio."

"Incendio also happens to be a form of conjuration, as it creates flames, rather than simply warming something up. Incendio comes from the Latin term incendium, meaning fire. As it causes fire, incendio can be quite dangerous if misused, and so I never want any of you to direct this charm at anything but an inanimate object, or Devil's Snare, if you happen to be in that situation," Elsie added dryly.

"The pronunciation is in-SEN-dee-oh, and the incantation means 'to set fire'." The professor turned back to the board, and sketched the wand movement of the charm:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Now, everyone should come up and take a candle so they can practice for themselves."

OOC:
Username

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-
The night’s so dark and grey;
But you’ve helped me find my way.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:25 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORHUFFLEPUFF HEADCHARMS PROFESSOR

It was Tuesday morning, which marked Elsie's second day of classes. Luckily, her only class today was the first years, and if she'd handled the second and fifth year yesterdays, she was sure she'd be fine. She rearranged her desk for the millionth time, made sure the door hadn't swung shut on her, and began to write on the board as students began to file inside; the 8 o'clock bell was sure to begin to toll within a minute or two, marking the beginning of the first period of classes.

When she was done writing she turned to face the class, wiping a bit of errant chalk dust off of her jeans. In one corner of the board the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over. In the center WHAT IS A CHARM? was written in bright yellow chalk, and underlined. Twice.

"Good morning everyone," Elsie said brightly, hoping she didn't sound condescending or as if she expected them all to chorus 'good morning' back. "I hope you enjoyed your first day of classes yesterday. This is Charms, and I will be your Charms instructor for the rest of your time here. My name is Professor Shoichet. I have a list with all of your names, but I'd like to put names to faces, so if you could all go around the room and tell me who you are and your house, that would be excellent. No need to stand, just be loud and clear. And ten points to the house of anyone who can tell me what a charm is while they're at it, alright? The tall blonde woman sat rather casually on the desk, long legs easily touching the floor, as she went down the list with her wand, looking up at the sound of each student's voice.

OOC:
Username

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-
The night’s so dark and grey;
But you’ve helped me find my way.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:12 pm
Lavinia Elena Gismondi tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab Shawna Brynn Llywarch tab tab
Ravenclaw Chaser tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab Slytherin Chaser tab tab tab
Halfblood Young Backpacker tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab Halfblood Future Business Owner tab tab
First Years

User ImageUser Image

Neither first year was concerned about an early class. Though at least one of them didn’t know what to make of charms. Lavinia wasn’t well versed. She was pretty sure that Charms was going to be interesting. However, until she knew what it was about it was going to stay in the uncertainty category. Looking over at their professor she didn’t look intimidating. Seeing the board however told a different story. What is a charm? She hadn’t a clue. So, when Professor Shoichet asked for their names she sat there for a moment.

Shawna however had been sitting in her seat prepped to give all the answers she knew she could give. Though she had a lot to learn she at least knew what a charm was. The moment she was given the chance she was all over it. “Shawna Llywarch, Slytherin house.” She introduced. “A charm is a spell that changes the properties of an object but not what the object is. So like color or size.” She explained. “Lavinia Gismondi, Ravenclaw house.” Lavinia introduced upon Shawna finishing her answer. “Um... what she said…” She replied since she had nothing at all to add.

Lavinia's
                                  Company : class...

Shawna's
                                  Company : class...

OOC: ________

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

shinesnowillusion

Seasonal Pumpkin

9,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:49 am
User Image
𝐹𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇 | 𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓌 | 𝒫𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒷𝓁𝑜𝑜𝒹 | 𝒫𝓇𝑜𝒻𝒾𝓁𝑒

𝐿𝑜𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃
Charms Classroom
𝒲𝒾𝓉𝒽
Professor Shoichet and students
𝐹𝑒𝑒𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔
Alright
𝒯𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈
Relax, you are going to do fine.
𝒲𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔
Ravenclaw uniform

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXEmma had to make sure she was up before breakfast ended and classes started and alert so she could get a head start on what was ahead of her. After bathing and getting on her uniform, she looked in the mirror and fixed any wrinkles or lint that may have gotten on her uniform, got her supplies ready and even made sure she had ink in her bottle. Her cat, Onyx, was still asleep on her bed and it seemed there could be a crash in the room and he still wouldn't wake up. Emma smiled lightly and shook her head, grabbing her things and running out.

Breakfast was normal. She would talk to Brook and Aidene if they sat with her and talked to her, since she saw then at the Sorting Ceremony and met then finally in the common room, since they were in the same house. Entering the Charms classroom, she saw another student as well as the professor and something written on the board. Emma took a seat as quietly as she could and wrote down in cursive the rules and on the next page 'WHAT IS A CHARM'. Under it, she wrote 'A charm is a spell that adds certain properties to an object or creature.' After doing so, she put the quill down and waited for the professor to start class. When Professor Shoichet started talking, Emma turned her attention to her. When it got to her, she smiled lightly, "I'm Emma Middleton, Ravenclaw. And if we are allowed to say it again, a charm is a spell that adds certain properties to an object or creature."

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:34 pm
User Image
User Image
You've got a big heart
The way you see the world
It got you this far
You might have some bruises
And a few of scars
But you know you're gonna be okay
And even though you're scared
You're stronger than you know

User Image
Halfblood | First Year Slytherin | Eleven Years Old | Reserve Chaser
Autumn 2045 Charms Class With: First Years
Wearing: Uniform, minus sweater Status: First Class Jitters

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

It was only the second day of classes, and yet Rhea had already deemed Tuesday to be Struggle Day. Normally she was up with no problem and had already gotten some of her usual morning routine done, but staying up so late for Astronomy the night before had certainly managed to throw a wrench in those plans. Already the gears were turning on how to make up for lost time and a sugary breakfast: After Charms she would enlist Aidene, possibly Brook—maybe Shawn would be interested?—to join her for some morning yoga, get her usual routine in, and then practice whatever she would learn in Charms today before lunch. She hadn’t much interest in going back to her room for a while, so maybe she would explore the grounds a bit? Jonah had mentioned the gardens were nice. Or maybe she would look for mermaids by the lake? She hadn’t managed to spot any from the common room windows just yet.

As she stepped into class that morning, she immediately noticed that her two best friends, or even Aubrie, had yet to arrive. She took a seat behind her dorm mate Shawna with a small “Good morning,” and pulled out her supplies while she waited. Professor Shoichet was lovely, Rhea decided quickly once class begun. She had asked what a charm was and her fellow Slytherin had been the first to answer. Emma from Ravenclaw had also chimed in, leaving Rhea in the same boat as the other Ravenclaw—Lavinia?— between the two former: She hadn’t thought there was much else to add to their explanations. When it was her turn, she half raised her hand, quill loosely in her grasp. “My name’s Rhea Lane, from Slytherin house. Um… I think they’ve pretty well covered it.” With that, she’d quietly taken to inking her quill and scrawling out her notes.

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
If you're lost out where the lights are blinding
Caught in all, the stars are hiding
That's when something wild calls you home, home
If you face the fear that keeps you frozen
Chase the sky into the ocean
That's when something wild calls you home, home

Username

Trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:49 pm
User Image
♖ Brook ♖ Knapp ♖
♖ First Year♖

User Image
▬▬"Today, I will live in the moment. Unless it's unpleasant"▬▬

Brook skipped into charms, partially dragging Aidene, it was a great morning. Breakfast was had, and Aidene had eaten with her! Of course, it was an issue to get Aidene up, but it was fine. They had eaten plenty of breakfast, and maybe by time charms was over, breakfast would still be served and they could get a SECOND breakfast. Oh that would be great. Brook saw Rhea and sat next to her, "Did you eat breakfast Rhea? Breakfast is important you know." She pulled out a banana and held it out to Rhea, just in case Rhea hadn't eaten yet. Not to fear, Brook had an apple in her bag as well, just in case Rhea didn't like bananas, or Brook got hungry in class.

When class started Brook smiled and "My name is Brook Knapp, I'm a ravenclaw, and charms... well they're really useful spells aren't they." Brook went into thinking... could there be a charm to summon food? Drink? These were important things that needed to be found out stat.

▬▬"in which case I will eat a cookie"▬▬

Where & Who: Charms with First Years
Thinking about: Second Breakfast?
Brook Description: 4'4" tall with brown hair and blue eyes.
Wearing: School Robes, although the socks are gryffindor colored. oops.

Trickblues

Addaellis

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 6:21 pm
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

first year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Art Club seamstress || Adventurer's Guild sorcerer || Cooking Club apprentice
Dueling Club spectator || Fencing Club initiate || Quidditch reserve beater

So Aidene apparently had an alarm clock called Brook. ”No, sleepy” worked on Brook about as well as it did on her dad--that was, it didn’t. ”This system is asleep for routine maintenance,” she tried again, burrowing under her blankets. She'd gotten dragged out of bed, blankets and all.

But after falling down to the Great Hall and being basically fed breakfast, Aidene was more or less awake. Collapsing into the seat on Brook’s other side, Aidene leaned over between Brook and Rhea "You girls down for a run or something later? I’m pretty sure that was the biggest breakfast I’ve ever eaten.”

When class started, she piped up: ”Aidene Azura Kieran, cook--I mean, House Ravenclaw.” She remembered some of what Aunt Elysia taught her, but couldn’t remember what the actual definition was. Hopefully they weren't supposed to have read the book beforehand? The Slytherin girl seems to have a really good definition, but Aidene offered her thought anyway: ”Um, charms are the nice spells? Not the switching ones or dark magic. So changing color or size, sure.”

She was pretty sure setting thing on fire was also a charm, but that didn’t feel very nice, so maybe that was wrong.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

User ImageUser ImageUser Image  

addaellis

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out