Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Charms I ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CEOxJOE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:31 pm
User Image

Sonora greeted Alex and knew to respond to her "Morning Sonora. From that chuckle you seem to have a nice morning and also to you too" He greeted both Sonora and her new friend that was in Slytherin. Alex was adept at the feather with absolute easy at this point. He decided to switch things up. He lowered the feather and tried to use the book. "Wingardium Leviosa" With a steady hand , Alex levitated the textbook on his desk. It wasn't as fast as the feather but enough to know he can do it.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Trickblues

addaellis

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:31 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie sat at her desk, marking down each student for attendance as they entered the classroom, and waited until most of the seats were filled before rising from her seat, textbook in one hand, wand in the other. "Accio homework," she said cheerfully, collecting the papers, and turned to the correct page in the book as she wrote REPARO - THE MENDING CHARM on the board in bright red chalk.

"Good morning everyone! Today we'll be learning about and attempting the mending charm, which should prove extremely useful to you over the course of your years at school." The blonde witch remembered being a gawky teen herself, and the sheer number of things she'd broken by either forgetting she'd left them somewhere, tripping over them... it went on.

"The mending charm was invented by a resourceful witch named Orabella Nuttley, who worked for the Ministry of Magic as a member of the Improper Use of Magic Office in the 1750s. When the Colosseum- yes, the one in Rome- was accidentally destroyed by magic, she created this charm to repair it. When cast effectively this spell can do amazing things- restore houses after natural disasters like earthquakes or floods, repair roads and bridges, and so forth. Obviously today we'll be practicing on a much smaller scale," Elsie added reassuringly.

"Reparo will return any broken object to its former state, and works on most everything.... with the exception of cursed or enchanted objects. However, and this is very important, so I want you all taking notes- this charm can only be used on inanimate objects. You cannot cast it on a person or animal. It won't work properly and you could scar someone terribly. Now, the pronunciation is reh-PAH-roh, and the incantation means 'to repair'." The professor turned back to the board, and sketched the wand movement of the charm:

User Image

"I have a number of broken items up here in this box on my desk- teacups, spoons and forks, plates, eyeglasses, latches... Come up and pick out something, and then you can get to work practicing."

OOC:
Username

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-
The night’s so dark and grey;
But you’ve helped me find my way.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

CEOxJOE

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:38 pm
User Image

Alex arrived to class and this time he was the first student to arrive. Perfect sleep will do that and out of his friends he is the first to arrive.

Class was about to start and he prepared for today's Charms 1 lesson. He took out his notes and listened to his professor what today's lesson would be about a new spell called Resparo. He listened to what the professor said about this smell returning any broken object to its former state and works on most everything with the exception of curses, enchanted objects, and people; ONLY inanimate objects.

The Professor brought broken objects for the class to practice the 'Reparo' spell. He walked towards her desk and grabbed the shattered plate. He cleared his desk and placed the broken plate on his desk carefully and got ready to do the spell. He first practiced the movement of his wand and mouthed the words of the spell. After a a few attempts, he performed the want movement and said the spell, "Reparo " Pieces of the plate came closer to each other and rearranging itself to it's proper form. Then the cracks faded away as it was never broken. "This spell is awesome".

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Trickblues

addaellis

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:19 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageFirst Year SlytherinUser Image
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera stumbled into charms and flopped into an empty chair. Classes were a pain, but they had to be had. She thought that surely learning shouldn't be this boring. Upon writing notes down as instructured, she went and picked up a mug to repair. She blinked at the several pieces and sighed, she imagined what a mug usually looked like, while also thinking about an entire bucket of coffee, "Reparo." The mug mostly mended itself, except the handle was on top of the mug, where one would drink out of it. She broke off the handle and cursed it under her breath, and tried to just mend the handle onto the mug, it went on there, but on the wrong side.

▬▬ "Within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil." ▬▬

Where: Charms
With Whom: SFirst years
Thinking about: charms
Vespera Description: Short 4' even, blond hair, green eyes and slight tan.
Wearing: school robes
OOC:

Quote:

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:44 pm
The sky we’re looking at today

♪♫ Sonora Li
first year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Reserve Keeper

Today was starting out excellently. Sonora had slept through most of Astronomy last night, but woken up at her usual early morning time and was able to actually get a proper breakfast for the first Tuesday of the term. She'd found Jonah still asleep in the Common Room with Charms and DADA notes and--of course--his worn out copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them scattered around him. I wouldn't be surprised if one of these days he invented his own charm for the taming of magical creatures she imagined as she woke him up.

"We should head to Charms now," she'd said, still a little nervous about waking someone else up, even if they were good friends. "Come on, I've got hot chocolate and a bread roll here? And if you're quick brushing up, we'll even have time to get coffee....Jonah?"

Coffee or not, they made it to class barely on time, and she slipped into the seat next to Alex with a whispered "Good morning". Notes and lecture quickly took her full attention and she sat for awhile after practicing began to review the pronounciation, wand movement, and practice envisioning the mending. Satisfied with her notes, she picked up a few broken items and got back to her desk in time to see Alex mend his plate flawlessly. "Congratulations," she offered with a smile. It certainly gave her a better idea of what mending would look like and she checked over to see how Jonah was doing before starting her own attempt.
”CEOxJOE”

Trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore

could be brighter tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:33 pm
User Image

"Morning , Sonora and thank you. Trust me, it is easier than it looks, though this is still charms one and you are a natural like me, maybe even better." He greeted her and even thought that she may even be better that Alex has no shame in admiring. Though he did prepare for the spell until he was confident enough to do it perfectly, he knows Sonora could also do something like this as well..

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Trickblues

addaellis

Quote:

CEOxJOE

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:21 pm
User Image
JONAH LANE
RavenclawFirst YearEleven Years OldReserve Beater

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

He had fallen asleep in the Common Room... Again. Usually when this happened, Jonah’s internal clock would wake him with barely enough time to book it from the tower to the classroom. Today, however, he was greeted with hot chocolate and bread and Sonora’s sleepy voice… All and all, not the worst way to start the morning, but they definitely didn’t have the time to stop for caffeine. Typically he’d be grumpy without it, but today he has received the gift of chocolate, and frankly, he couldn’t say anything mean to that sweet little face if he tried.

The boy was still half-asleep as the two of them shuffled into Charms class, one hand clinging to Sonora’s robe sleeve like a child to his mother to be sure he didn’t end up falling behind. He mumbled a small “Mornin’” to Alex as the Ravenclaw duo separated and took a seat in the next row in front of the Hufflepuff and beside his favorite Slytherin. "Morning, Starlight." He rubbed his eye groggily with his palm, mentally urging himself to wake up as he addressed Vespera. ‘Okay, Jonah, it’s Charms. Favorite course. Time to wake up; you can nap later.’ A rapid shake of his head and he seemed to come into his senses—or seemed more alert, at the very least—ready to start the day.

He pulled out his notebook and began jotting down notes. ‘The mending charm…’ Jonah was thankful he had skimmed through this lesson in his textbook over the past week or so. The charm sounded incredibly useful, but… It couldn’t be used for healing. ‘I wonder what would happen if you tried to reparo a broken limb…?’ When it came time to pick an item, Jonah chose a pair of glasses with horribly cracked lenses. If he chose to put them on, he imagined the resulting view would be that of a fly’s.

The Ravenclaw pulled out his wand, taking a breath to focus himself before copying the motion on the board and citing the incantation. “Reparo.” The glasses shook on the table, cracks in the lenses coming back together before the object stilled, looking good as new. Jonah hummed, pleased with his success as he dawned the set of circular thick-rims to verify the spell did a proper job. The glasses seemed to be for someone with some pretty rough vision… But besides that, he could see clearly enough. He tossed an arm over the back of his chair as he looked back at his friends, pushing up the glasses on his nose in a studious-anime-character-cliché fashion as he grinned playfully. “Well, what do you think? Good look?”

═════════════════════════════════════════════

Status
When // Winter? 2042
Where // Charms
With // Sona, Alex, Ves, and First Years
Feeling // Sleepy, but alert.
Thinking // I feel bad for the poor bloke that used to wear these... Hope my vision never gets this bad.

OOC:
Addaellis

Hm, a curious mind, an adventurous spirit!
Oh, you could do so well in so many places, my boy
Legacy or not, I see you going far
But, let's see then... I think, for you, it'll be

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:55 am

♪♫ Sonora Li

"Thank you for your confidence in me," Sonora replied to Alex with a smile. Noting her fellow Ravenclaw friend seemed alert enough to be awake, Sonora set to practicing herself. Okay. Pronounciation…Wand movement...Envision...and Concentrate--, "Reparo." she directed at the broken spoon before her. The broken stem joined together neatly, with barely a little mark to indicate there had been a break in the china before. It wasn't perfect, but she had a good idea of it, and the repair was definitely cleaner than when she tried gluing and taping them.

Sona looked up in time to see Jonah showing off his newly-repaired glasses. "It's certainly a studious look," she replied with a wide smile.

Meanwhile, she needed something broken to continue practice repairing. It hurt, but she tore a page out of her note-taking book. "Reparo." The page reattached neatly. She pulled it out and tore the page in half again. The first spell mended the page and a second reattached it.
”CEOxJOE”

Trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore

addaellis

shadow_the_kit

Cluttered Phantom

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:21 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Eiji Clarke
1st Year | Half-Blood | Hufflepuff

Eiji entered the class with his head down and rubbing at his eyes tiredly. He was exhausted after not sleeping for two days, plus the house elves were refusing to give him coffee after "THE INCIDENT". He slumped into his seat and flopped his head onto his desk. He stared at the professor with blurred eyes. With a huge put upon sigh, Eiji unpacked his class supplies and wrote down what the professor had said plus sketched the wand movements.

With another loud sigh, Eiji drug himself out of his seat and to the professors desk. He snagged a broken tea cup, spoon and set of eye glasses. Better to try the spell with various items and get a good feel for the spell. Once he was seated again, Eiji pulled out his wand and practiced the movements. After a few dry runs, he pointed at the cup. "Reparo." he said as he moved his wand in the correct movements. The cup came back together but the cracks didn't look fully repaired.

Eiji hmmed and lifted the cup. He studied it then let it drop back unto the table. The cup promptly broke again. Eiji waved his wand and said. "Reparo." This time the cup looked perfectly repaired. With a grin Eiji quickly moved onto the other items he had grabbed.

OOC: - Wow! I missed so much while I was sick. emo

When | Fall 2042
Where | Charms
With | 1st years
Feeling | Exhausted

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:05 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera looked at Jonah and frowned, "It is indeed morning. It's too early for classes. I need more sleep." She broke the handle off the mug again, "Reparo" this time, the handle went on properly, and she had a nice mug, "If only I knew a spell that could fll this up with coffee..." she looked at Jonah, "It's a good look." She laughed, "You look really dorky" She poked him in the side, with her wand, "You're going to ruin your vision if you leave those on, but please continue on."

OOC: too much effort to change color. sorry

Quote:

Trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:53 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie was at her desk organizing the crate full of candles she'd brought along to this lesson. Yes, it was a bit obvious what charm they'd be learning, but there was no easier way to learn it then to learn how to light a simple candle. Besides, incendio was both very useful and quite dangerous when misused, and she didn't want anyone sending the classroom up in flames. "Today we'll be learning the fire-starting charm," she said cheerfully, as the first years filed in. "Incendio."

"Incendio also happens to be a form of conjuration, as it creates flames, rather than simply warming something up. Incendio comes from the Latin term incendium, meaning fire. As it causes fire, incendio can be quite dangerous if misused, and so I never want any of you to direct this charm at anything but an inanimate object, or Devil's Snare, if you happen to be in that situation," Elsie added dryly.

"The pronunciation is in-SEN-dee-oh, and the incantation means 'to set fire'." The professor turned back to the board, and sketched the wand movement of the charm:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Now, everyone should come up and take a candle so they can practice for themselves."

OOC:
Username

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-
The night’s so dark and grey;
But you’ve helped me find my way.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:19 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃

Vespera was one of the first ones in the classroom, when class started she was joyous. They were playing with fire. She doodled a picture of flame, and wrote the notes down.She knew the professor said only on inanimate objects, and so she laughed, thinking about using this spell on Jonah's portfolio. No, that would be cruel. She would use it on his potions notes, he would be miserable, but would survive. She wrote the note to burn Jonah's potions notes next to her flame.

She grabbed a candle and sat it in front of her, with the intentions of lighting the candle she spoke, "Incendio." A tiny spark and a puff of smoke came from her wand, she would have to work on this a bit longer. She tried again, this time giving the candle a little flame floating on top of it. She smiled, blew it out, and started again.

OOC:

Quote:

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:52 am
User Image
JONAH LANE
RavenclawFirst YearEleven Years OldReserve Beater

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Jonah dragged himself into Charms class on time in one of those rare instances Sonora actually managed to pull him off the common room couch in time for breakfast. Having time to actually enjoy some coffee for once, he was more awake than normal, but he still insisted Sonora keep his arm linked with his with some excuse about “What if I fall asleep on our way down the stairs? It’s nearly happened once already, if it does again I’ll die. This is life or death, Sona!”

He would be so thankful when their Charms class was no longer in the morning. Unfortunately, after conversing with upperclassmen in his house, Jonah discovered that wouldn’t be until third year. What a shame.
The Ravenclaw’s face paled when he saw the name of the spell on the board. ‘Dear god, the time has come, hasn’t it…’ With his free hand, Jonah reached back to pat his bag, just to be sure it wasn’t already set aflame by his favorite Slytherin. If anything happens to his portfolio today, he’ll just die. Rion will never let him hear the end of it! All those photos and articles and precious first year memories, up in flames. No, not today.

Under normal circumstances he would think he’d be overreacting to be afraid to sit beside Ves in charms of all places, but today? All seats around her were in the danger zone. Of course he couldn’t avoid her, since Sonora would obviously want to sit near her, so when he finally released his best friend from his grip, he very carefully chose a seat a row behind and diagonal from Vespera at the edge of the danger zone. He kept his bag on the floor by his feet where it would be the safest, only pulling out his notebook to take notes on the lecture. Today was a day for the bare essentials.

When it came time for candles, Jonah collected his and returned to his seat, practicing the wand movements a couple times to be sure he had it down properly. When he was confident it was correct, he decided to take a shot at the charm. “Incendio,” the wick sparked, and then a small flame lit the small candle. Victory! He blew out the flame and started again. Maybe he should start getting up sooner... He did well with Charms as it was, but he did seem to get the hang of things sooner after some breakfast.

═════════════════════════════════════════════

Status
When // Spring 2043
Where // Charms
With // Sona and First Years
Feeling // Alert and Cautious
Thinking // No unnecessary fire today, nope!

OOC:
Addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

CEOxJOE

Hm, a curious mind, an adventurous spirit!
Oh, you could do so well in so many places, my boy
Legacy or not, I see you going far
But, let's see then... I think, for you, it'll be

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:52 pm
User Image

Alex arrived to class but only he wasn't the first one to arrive. But at least he made it in time"Just arrived and morning[/b]" he responded to Jonah that question if he was going to arrive . He prepared for class by bringing out his wand and notebook. He listened to his professor and today was a fire starting charm, Incendio. He took down notes. After he finished writing what the spell was and how to perform it. He walked to receive a candle as the teacher instructed.

He took a few deep breaths and and steadied his wand. With the proper motion and chanting "Incendio " he performed the spell on his first try with a small fire that was lit on the candles. He thought how useful the spell would be in the future.

CEOxJOE

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:51 pm

♪♫ Sonora Li

Sonora had giggled half of the way to the classroom as Jonah exaggerated why they needed to link arms even if he was awake, but she had to admit it was funny and starting out the day with Jonah being silly was always fun.

When Jonah moved to take the seat in the row above them, Sona gravitated predictably towards Vespera with a cheerful "Could I interest you in setting some leaves on fire with me after class today?" . She had a wonderful idea while reading to levitate a bunch of leaves and set fire to it--for the moment they were burning, it'd be like they'd drawn something with fire! If they could get the leaves in a good spiral-shape, maybe they could even make a burning rose.

She took her usual doodle-notes over her reading notes, making particular note of its use against the Devil's Snare. Of course Professor Hill would probably get her expelled if she actually set fire to anything in Herbology, but it was still useful knowing she'd have a spell that could get her out of it.

I wish we'd learned how to put out fires first. Ah, but that's why Professor Shoichet is here! Confident that they were fine even if she did mess up everything would be fine, she directed her wand at her candle: "Incendio." A little flame appeared and she beamed at it happily before blowing it out and continuing to practice.

Trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore
[/quote
CEOxJOE

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items