Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Charms II ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:45 am
CHARMS II
Professor Elsbeth Shoichet

User Image

Monday 8:00 AM - 8:45 AM
((This class updates on Saturdays in real time; students posted on or after Tuesday of that week will be considered late to class.))

SUPPLIES

- Your wand

- A quill and plenty of parchment and/or notebooks

- Your textbook

CLASS RULES

- Be on time; detentions will be given if you are consistently late.

- Come prepared; if you don't have what you need, you will not participate at all. It's as simple as that.

- Wands should be out and laid on your desks; do not attempt any charm until you are given the go-ahead to do so.

- Remain in your seats, and keep your hands and feet to yourselves. When magic is involved, showing some self-restraint and being aware of your surroundings is crucial.

- Raise your hand; no one can learn if everyone is talking over each other. There is a time and a place for idle chatter, and it's not when your professor or one of your peers is addressing the class.

- Do no harm. Unless specifically instructed to by the professor, no charms or spells of any sort should be directed at another person. If you attempt to injure someone else in this class, you will be removed from the class.

- Bullying, mocking, and/or ostracizing other students is not permitted in this room. Keep your personal disagreements out of this class; this is a learning environment, not somewhere for you to air your feuds. Anyone found to be bullying another student will face very harsh consequences for their actions.

LIST OF KNOWLEDGE

[ ] Scourgify
[ ] Arresto Momentum
[ ] Flame-Freezing Charm
[ ] Diffindo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:22 am
Listen to me, please sit down and stay-
I'm gonna build a house and hide away!
Gather timber from the ground...
I'll build a castle that won't fall down.
And when I'm done the clock will stop and from,
Our heads will come bright flowers.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFCHARMS PROFESSOR

This was Elsie's first official class, and she kept reminding herself to breathe. She wasn't really panicking; rather she was overcome with a sort of giddy excitement that made sitting serenely behind her desk waiting for the students to come in impossible. She got up and checked what she'd written on the board instead. In one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over. As students began to come in and take their seats, she turned to face the class, smoothing the front of her long skirt. "Good morning everyone," she said, far more calmly than she felt. "Welcome back to another year at Hogwarts- I know you all must be relieved to not be the youngest in the school anymore. As I'm sure you're aware, your first year of Charms last year was taught by a substitute, as there was no professor for the younger years. Starting this year I've taken over all seven years of Charms, so we'll have a good long while to get used to one another." The blonde woman smiled, wryly. "I'm Professor Shoichet. I have all your names listed here, but unfortunately, you're going to have to tell me who is who, since I wasn't here last year. Name and house please, no need to stand up when you've just sat down, so long as I can hear you. While you're at it, tell me what you thought was the most useful charm you learned last year. If you didn't think any of them were useful, please abstain." Elsie leaned against the desk, going down the list with her wand, occasionally glancing up at the class of young faces.

OOC:
Username

I don't know, I can't contain my heartbeat-
I am dancing, shrouded by green trees!
I am whirling, wearing my sun feet;
And humming children to sleep.
I love to watch the light you spread to the room...
See how it dances from you to me to you.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:34 am
User Image

L U C I N D AxxxJ A C O B S

SECONDxYEAR xxxxxxGRYFFINDORxxxxxxPUREBLOOD

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Lucy walked into Charms a few minutes early and noticed an unfamiliar woman sitting behind the desk, maybe the new Charms professor? Lucy didn't really care as long as the class went well; she liked the subject but she didn't have to care much about the teacher. It was still earlier in the morning than she liked but she enjoyed this class too much to bunk.

Lucy sat down near the front and pulled out her books and pens, doodling on a scrap page as she waited for the room to fill up. She looked up when the Professor started the class and asked everyone to introduce themselves. Lucy withheld a groan when she said that she'd be teaching them for the next six years; what if she was terrible and they wouldn't be able to escape from her until they graduated? She didn't have any plans for dropping Charms so all she could do was hope that this teacher wasn't too bad. "I'm Lucy Jacobs, Gryffindor," she called out from her seat when it was her turn, "and I think the charm I found useful was Reparo." That one was easy; she'd already used it at least once or twice fixing some broken jars she'd accidently knocked over last year. Lucy then returned to her doodling as she waited for everyone else to finish and the lesson to begin, hoping it would go well.

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                            a txxthe Charms classroomxxxxxw i t hxxon her own
                                                            f e e l i n gxxapprehensivexxxxxw e a r i n gxxher uniform

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        - - - - - - - - -

username

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:52 pm
User Image

P E T E RxxxW H Y T E

SECONDxYEAR xxxxxxRAVENCLAWxxxxxxMUGGLEBORN

Peter wasn't even surprised by the fact that this class' timing was even worse than last year. Was anything going to go well this year? He trudged into the room and sat down at the table in front of the teacher's desk. Thankfully, there were barely any other people in the class so he wasn't forced to sit next to some idiot. Peter noticed that instead of Professor Amorocho it was a strange woman sitting behind the desk and shrugged internally. Had they actually done something a brought in a specialized instructor? Peter didn't have anything against Professor Amorocho but in the end, he was still a substitute teacher.

Eventually, the class started with a round of introduction for the new professor and when it got to him, Peter debated standing up and introducing himself properly but if no one else did then he'd look more stupid than the others in the room (a feat that he wasn't sure was possible but Peter wasn't willing to risk it) so he remain in his seat but raised his voice as he spoke. "I am Peter Whyte from Ravenclaw, and I think all the charms we did last year were useful in their own way."

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                            a txxthe Cahrms classroomxxxxxw i t hxxno one
                                                            f e e l i n gxxtiredxxxxxw e a r i n gxxhis uniform

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        - - - - - - - - -

username

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:56 pm
Orphan Sisters for Life
Second Years

With : Each Other, Class... Lucy

User ImageUser Image
Meeting at the great hall the four girls had breakfast before heading up to Charms. Alana and Candace entered first followed by Kimberly and Minako. The Ravenclaw of the group noticed Lucy a Gryffindor she’d yet to speak with since the year prior. “Morning Lucy,” Minako greeted her as she walked over. “Mind if I join you?” She asked before taking a seat next to her. The other three looked from Minako to each other. Candace was quick to follow their friend as she took a seat behind them. “Hey Lucy,” Candace greeted brightly as she began getting her things out. Alana found a seat next to Candace before Kimberly followed suit.

With a new Professor, Alana feared the worse. Kimberly just knew it was coming. Introductions which no one really wanted were unavoidable. Minako waited her turn before speaking first among the orphan girls. “I’m Minako Tanaka, Ravenclaw. As for a charm I also found useful I have to agree with Lucy.” She said with a smile. “I’m Candace Mackenzie, Hufflepuff. I like the softening charm. It’s great for soft landings.” The blonde puff said with a bit of a laugh. Looking to Kimberly, the Slytherin girl shook her head before speaking also. “Kimberly Leon, Slytherin. I’d say she’s right since I’m usually the one who’s casting it…” She said falling silent after that.

Alana sat there quietly for as long as she could before Candace nudged her. “Alana Rivero… Hufflepuff…” She said, despite knowing the students in the class she was still nervous. “I liked the levitation charm… personally…” She added before falling silent. Her voice was loud enough to hear but not as loud as many of her fellow classmates. She just didn’t want to talk this morning was all… it sounded hard to believe since she liked Charms. Though, Alana had never really been the vocal type.

Alana ~ Status : Oh no... I have to talk... Theme ~ Attire
Minako ~ Status : Socializing Theme ~ Attire
Kimberly ~ Status : Content Theme ~ Attire
Candace ~ Status : Happy Theme ~ Attire

OOC: - - -

oyehh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:48 pm

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie was pleased enough with the answers she did get; no one seemed completely checked out of the class already, or completely confused as to what was going on, so she was going to assume that she didn't need to quickly rush them through everything they'd learned the year prior before moving onto the new material. "Reparo, spongify, and wingardium leviosa are all very versatile charms," she nodded. "The first use of reparo, incidentally, was to re-construct the Colosseum after it was accidentally destroyed by magic. So that should give you some idea of the sheer scope and power of it, when performed by a fully capable witch or wizard. It is capable of repairing most damage, except damage caused by very powerful curses or damage wrought on objects such as wands- reparo could fix the outside of a snapped wand, but never mend the magical core. I would also caution everyone to never attempt to use reparo on a living being- you could scar someone horribly, as it wasn't intended to be cast on anything alive." She could only imagine some first year trying to mend a minor cut or scrape with it, and ending up in the infirmary, and resisted a shudder at the thought.

"Spongify is also incredibly useful, although perhaps not quite as potentially powerful as some other charms. I believe it's very commonly used during quidditch practices, to soften bludgers. And of course wingardium leviosa is one of the most famous charms of all- after all, it defies gravity itself. What goes up need not come down. As you become more adept in charms, the power of your levitation charms will increase- you should be able to levitate furniture by fifth year at the earliest. Although, if you ever needed to transport someone who could not walk, or if you were in hazardous terrain, you might want to consider another charm- wingardium leviosa only effects the clothing, not the person, and will only lift a human a few feet above the ground." It seemed like useful information to know, since everything they learned ought to be applicable in the real world. Elsie clapped her hands together. "Right. Before we begin some of the more complex spells of this year, we ought to review the core tenets of Charms- concentration, wand movement, pronunciation, and visualization, which is what you will be focusing on for your homework tonight. I hope you all kept track of your notes from last year. Any questions?"

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:53 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx𝔇𝔢𝔞𝔲𝔰 𝔚𝔥𝔦𝔱𝔢𝔰𝔥𝔞𝔡𝔢xx
Second Year Ravenclaw Muggleborn Chaser xxxxx

User Image

xxxHello darkness, my old friend- I've come to talk with you again
                                              xxxxxxBecause a vision softly creeping, left its seeds while I was sleeping
                                              xxxxxxxxxAnd the vision that was planted in my brain, still remains within the sound of silence
                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxIn restless dreams I walked alone, narrow streets of cobblestone

xx ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Deaus was in aw of some of the stories about some of the spells he learned last year, he was now curious about using Reparo as a combative spell. Only in life and death situations of course but still might be a useful little trick. And using wingardium leviosa for to lift someone from their clothes, even if it's not very high it could be useful. "I'm Deaus Whiteshade, from Ravenclaw. I'd guess my favorite spell would be incendio since I like reading and it's useful to light candles or use the fireplace to light up the room." He said since he did not get to introduce himself in time. "I also have a question, could you use Spongify in a duel? Like make someone's wand all rubbery and hard to use or what would happen if you hit someone with the spell?"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ xx

'Neath the halo of a street lamp, I turned my collar to the cold and dampxxx
                                              When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon lightxxxxxx
                                              That split the night, and touched the sound of silencexxxxxxxxx
                                              And in the naked light I saw, ten thousand people, maybe morexxxxxxxxxxxx

(( ooc : text here ))

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:33 pm

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie couldn't stop chuckling to herself about her plans for the second years' very first real lesson of the year. When the students entered, she was arranging a tarp over something in the back of the room before she straightened, waved at them, and made her way to the front of the classroom. "Good morning everyone!" After a minute or so devoted to taking attendance, she was prowling before the class once more, obviously quite excited about something. "Deaus, to answer your question from last class, a softening charm cast on a wand would not effect the core at all, and would only be a minor inconvenience until the charm inevitably wore away. Cast on a human, the results would either be quite unpleasant or nonexistent, as we humans are already very soft in terms of surfaces. But human experimentation is not something I would recommend for any charm. Let's not waste any time, and jump straight into what we'll be learning today." Written in neat cursive on the board was Scourgify.

"Scourgify, or the scouring charm, is one of the most basic cleaning spells out there. Its purpose is almost as basic: to clean dirty objects. It's often confused with Tergeo, but while that spell can siphon away liquids and dirt, and even be used in the art of Healing, scourgify is intended solely for non-living things. It creates a stream of soap and bubbles, and as you can imagine, makes many household tasks much easier." The blonde doubted the students really cared much about 'household tasks', but they would eventually. It's rumored to have been created by a witch or wizard serving the Crown, and looking to make their duties less arduous. This may not seem like a very powerful or important charm, but it does require effort, like all magic, and should prove useful to you at some point or another in the future. Unless we do have royalty among us in the room, in which case, take this as a chance to see how the other half lives."

Cracking a teasing grin, she turned to draw the wand movements for the charm on the board.

User Image

"As you can see, very simple indeed. The pronunciation is as follows: SKUR-ji-fy. Now, for your practice of it...," Elsie strode down the aisle between desks to the very back of the classroom, and pulled aside the tarp. Several tubs of dirty dishes and kitchen items sat on the ground. "It took me a very long while to talk the house elves into letting me take some of these, so please don't waste my hard work."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:06 pm
Orphan Sisters for Life
Second Years

With : Each Other, Class...

User ImageUser Image
Walking into class the girls took a seat. Minako had already covered the homework and reviewed the spell they’d be working on for the day. She’d been working with Alana so even she knew what was going on today. Neither told Kimberly what the spell was for the day. Candace who had found out before class refused to mention it to her Slytherin friend. If there was one thing about Kimberly that the three knew was that she didn’t like dirt. With a cleaning charm it wouldn’t surprise any of them if they had to clean something.

Kimberly as delighted as she was to learn about a cleaning spell, wasn’t overly happy about what it might mean for the class. Looking to Candace as the class was going on, she started to wonder. “Did you know?” She whispered as she leaned over. “Know what?” The blonde Hufflepuff asked quietly. “Know what the lesson plan was.” She whispered back. “I might have overheard something before class.” She told her before going back to focusing. Kimberly’s focus went to Minako figuring she must have known. Despite feeling the looming eyes of her friend Minako remained focused on the front.

Alana smiled as she wrote down some of the history of the charm. It was interesting though most wouldn’t think so. Either way she was ready to give it a go. Candace could say the same thing although she couldn’t help but glance at Kimi. “You have got to be kidding me…” Kimberly muttered under her breath. Why did they have to wash dishes? They weren’t servants. “Don’t start Kim.” Candace warned. Kimberly momentarily glared before getting up and practically stomping over. Candace followed wondering how easy it was going to be.

“Scourgify.” Alana said giving the spell a go. How hard was it to clean some dishes? With a wave of her wand she managed to get a bit of a dish clean. “Not bad,” Minako commented before waving her wand. “Scourgify.” The Ravenclaw said getting the same as her friend if not a bit better. “Not bad… You knew about today’s lesson, didn’t you?” Kimberly commented with her arms folded. ”No, I didn’t. I just knew what spell we were doing. Not that we’d be cleaning dishes.” Minako replied. “Figures you wouldn’t mention it… Scourgify.” She added trying to take her frustration out on the dishes. On the bright side the dish she was focusing on was rather quick to clean. It seemed Kimberly had a big thing for cleaning. “Wow, that was great Kimi! I want to try that. Scourgify.” Candace said with a curvy wave of her wand. With her excitement the spell proved to work for her too. “Thanks, Ace.” Kimberly thanked her as they all continued going at it till they got it perfectly right.

Alana ~ Status : Happy Theme ~ Attire
Minako ~ Status : Prepared Theme ~ Attire
Kimberly ~ Status : Feeling Betrayed Theme ~ Attire
Candace ~ Status : Happy Theme ~ Attire

OOC: - - -  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:09 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie had a special appreciation for the spell she'd be teaching today, as a former chaser and quidditch team captain. She sat at her desk taking attendance as the students entered, hoping they'd appreciate the practical part of this lesson after what she'd put them through last class. When most of the desks had bodies at them, she stood up, brushing off her jumper, and clapped her hands together to stifle any chatter. "Good morning everyone! Today we will be learning arresto momentum, or more literally, the slowing charm." As much was written out on the board in blue chalk.

"If any of you play Quidditch, in particular chaser, than you've already encountered this charm. It was invented by a witch named Daisy Pennifold, in order to slow the movement of quaffles during Quidditch games, so that they do not drop instantaneously towards the ground, and instead fall as if through water. This makes it far easier for chasers to catch them in the air. Arresto momentum slows or stops velocity- the speed something moves in a given direction. For example, if someone threw something at you, and you cast this spell, you would see whatever it was keep coming towards you, but slow down greatly. This charm is not really effective on animals; it freezes them in place for a few moments, rather than slowing them down. If you cast it on a bird, for example, the bird would stop flapping its wings and fall from the sky."

The blonde witch had retrieved a black and white football from behind her desk, and held it tucked under one arm now. She'd never played the muggle game until she was an adult, but Dave was exceedingly fond of it, having played as a child. "Lucky for all of you, all you have to do to cast this charm is wave your wand at whatever you want to slow down. The pronunciation is ah-REST-oh mo-MEN-tum, which quite literally means 'stop the momentum'. Now. I'm going to put a lot of trust in all of you. I want one person up here by the board to play mock goalie, and one person at the back of the class to kick this ball at them- NOT aiming for their head, understood? Help me move these desks aside please, and we'll get two alternating lines going, one to practice the charm, stopping the soccer ball before it hits the front wall, and one to test their kicking skills. Once you've kicked, switch to the other line, and so on."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:34 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

This was Elsie's first official class of the year, and she kept reminding herself to breathe. She wasn't really panicking; rather she was overcome with a sort of giddy excitement that made sitting serenely behind her desk waiting for the students to come in impossible. She got up and checked what she'd written on the board instead. In one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over. As students began to come in and take their seats, she turned to face the class, smoothing the front of her long skirt. "Good morning everyone," she said, far more calmly than she felt. "Welcome back to another year at Hogwarts- I know you all must be relieved to not be the youngest in the school anymore. The blonde woman smiled, wryly. "I'm Professor Shoichet. Name and house please while I take attendance to make sure everyone is back with us after this summer, no need to stand up when you've just sat down, so long as I can hear you. While you're at it, tell me what you thought was the most useful charm you learned last year. If you didn't think any of them were useful, please abstain." Elsie leaned against the desk, going down the list with her wand, occasionally glancing up at the class of young faces.

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:37 pm
User ImageUser Image
I won't just survive
Oh, you will see me thrive
Can't write my story
I'm beyond the archetype
I won't just conform
No matter how you shake my core
'Cause my roots, they run deep

Hikaru arrived to class and found a seat about halfway up and got his things out. The teacher asked for an intro and favorite charm from last year. "Hikaru and I'm in Ravenclaw. For my favorite charm, I like Reparo cause it helped me fix some books that I read too much and were falling apart" He said feeling good about today.

Oh, ye of so little faith
Don't doubt it, don't doubt it
Victory is in your veins
You know it, you know it
And you will not negotiate
Just fight it, just fight it
And be transformed

Ooc:  

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:44 pm
User Image

Oh, I don't know what you've been told
But this gal right here's gonna rule the world
Yeah, that is where I'm gonna be, because I wanna be
No, I don't wanna sit still, look pretty

════════════════════════

Jilly was extra perky today she was skipping everywhere not caring about the weird looks. She had to burn off this energy somehow. The teacher asked for them to give their names for attendance and for them to tell her their favorite charm "I'm Jillian and I'm in Gryffindor! While I like the fire with Incendio, the most useful would be Reparo cause it saved my favorite kitty socks!" She said happy the ripped heel was able to be repaired. Magic was awesome!

════════════════════════

OoC:

I know the other girlies
Wanna wear expensive things
Like diamond rings
But I don't wanna be the puppet
That you're playing on a string
This queen don't need a king

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:50 pm
User ImageUser Image
Julius Devereux
Second Year Slytherin
Family Heir

Location : Charms Class - Monday @ 8:00am

Julius walked into his first class of the day. He neither enjoyed nor hated Charms. In fact he was pretty indifferent on it all together. Taking his usually seat before taking his books out, Julius knew once the hour was up he’d be free for the day. He remained pretty much silent until she called for attendance. There was only one spell he found useful, though he knew others could be just as useful depending on what you needed. “Julius Devereux, Slytherin House.” He stated. “The most useful is reparo although I suppose if one needed fire incendio would useful as well.”

With : Class...

Attire : Slytherin Uniform

OOC : - - -

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:22 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie couldn't stop chuckling to herself about her plans for the second years' very first real lesson of the year. When the students entered, she was arranging a tarp over something in the back of the room before she straightened, waved at them, and made her way to the front of the classroom. "Good morning everyone!" After a minute or so devoted to taking attendance, she was prowling before the class once more, obviously quite excited about something. Written in neat cursive on the board was Scourgify.

"Scourgify, or the scouring charm, is one of the most basic cleaning spells out there. Its purpose is almost as basic: to clean dirty objects. It's often confused with Tergeo, but while that spell can siphon away liquids and dirt, and even be used in the art of Healing, scourgify is intended solely for non-living things. It creates a stream of soap and bubbles, and as you can imagine, makes many household tasks much easier." The blonde doubted the students really cared much about 'household tasks', but they would eventually. It's rumored to have been created by a witch or wizard serving the Crown, and looking to make their duties less arduous. This may not seem like a very powerful or important charm, but it does require effort, like all magic, and should prove useful to you at some point or another in the future. Unless we do have royalty among us in the room, in which case, take this as a chance to see how the other half lives."

Cracking a teasing grin, she turned to draw the wand movements for the charm on the board.

User Image

"As you can see, very simple indeed. The pronunciation is as follows: SKUR-ji-fy. Now, for your practice of it...," Elsie strode down the aisle between desks to the very back of the classroom, and pulled aside the tarp. Several tubs of dirty dishes and kitchen items sat on the ground. "It took me a very long while to talk the house elves into letting me take some of these, so please don't waste my hard work."

OOC:
Username

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff