Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Charms II ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:54 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside.

User Image

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFCHARMS PROFESSOR

This was Elsie's first official class of the year, and she kept reminding herself to breathe. She wasn't really panicking; rather she was overcome with a sort of giddy excitement that made sitting serenely behind her desk waiting for the students to come in impossible. She got up and checked what she'd written on the board instead. In one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over. As students began to come in and take their seats, she turned to face the class, smoothing the front of her long skirt. "Good morning everyone," she said, far more calmly than she felt. "Welcome back to another year at Hogwarts- I know you all must be relieved to not be the youngest in the school anymore. The blonde woman smiled, wryly. "I'm Professor Shoichet. Name and house please while I take attendance to make sure everyone is back with us after this summer, no need to stand up when you've just sat down, so long as I can hear you. While you're at it, tell me what you thought was the most useful charm you learned last year. If you didn't think any of them were useful, please abstain." Elsie leaned against the desk, going down the list with her wand, occasionally glancing up at the class of young faces.

OOC:
Username

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-
The night’s so dark and grey;
But you’ve helped me find my way.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:43 am
User Image
Katya Patrovna
HufflepuffSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle

Katya was happy to be back in her classes again, especially after the way her summer turned out. She back with her friends, and into the routine of classes and schoolwork. Faina helped her with studying her notes from last term to be ready for when they tucked into next coursework, so she felt more confident starting this year than she had the previous. Bravely, she held up her hand, and waited to be acknowledged, and said in a clear tone. "Katya Patrovna, from Hufflepuff House, professor. I liked the Reparo Charm the best."

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "Precious and fragile things, need special handling
                  My God what have we done to you?

We always try to share, the tenderest of care
                  Now look what we have put you through

Things get damaged, things get broken
                  I thought we'd manage, but words left unspoken
                  Left us so brittle, there was so little left to give "

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:45 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
✠ Quinn Ezekiel Conri-Dechering ✠ xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxx <2nd Year>
Time: 2040-2041
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Quinn always enjoyed Charms, to be honest he enjoyed most of his classes. Even flying last year was not so bad. Not enjoyable enough to take Advance Flying with his sister but he didn't mind it so bad. Besides, his sister could convince him to fly with her sometimes over the summer so she could practice flying. It was one of the few times he wished their parents were involved as it would help Mary with an edge on playing quidditch. Their father was an international player at one point and their mom was on her house's team at Salem. He made a small face at the thought of his parents as he took a seat before looking up and being sure to smile at Professor Shoichet so she didn't think he was making a face at her or her class. He liked her and her class.

Professor Shoichet introduced herself and sprung into review. Katya spoke up first, and Quinn had to agree that Reparo was probably most useful of the spells learned in Charms class but he didn't want to say the same thing. When it came to his turn he spoke up and said, "Quinn Conri-Dechering from Ravenclaw. And, I agree Reparo might have been the most useful, but I think Wingardium Leviosa was useful too, especially if you can't reach something on a shelf for example."
                                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                          Ah, such concern for your dear sister
                                          A quiet, thoughtful mind, hm?
                                          Yes, I know just where to put you,

Ravenclaw!
                                          {OoC: }
                                          Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:50 am
❁ Mary Fidelma Conri-Dechering ❁ xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxx <2nd Year> <"American Girl" and Georgia Peach>
Time: 2041-2042

Mary came into class soon after Quinn. She debated sitting next to her housemate or brother but finally decided to sit next to Quinn for this class. Thankfully there wasn't assigned seats so she could always sit somewhere else next class. She waved at Katya, however, as she took a seat next to Quinn. She raised a brow at Quinn's moment of making a face, and figured he was lost in thought about something. Soon class was starting and Katya and Quinn went first. Mary bit her lip as she considered other spells learned and then happily said, "I'm Mary Conri-Dechering. I'm a Puff. Oh, and as for a useful spell, I don't know if it is as useful as Wingardium Leviosa or Reparo but I really liked Spongify, the softening spell. It is fun that you can make almost any surface like a trampoline if you want."

My dear, I wager your father will be proud of you regardless
                                                  You need to forge your own path
                                                  And I think you'll be doing just that in

Hufflepuff!
                                                  Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:36 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie couldn't stop chuckling to herself about her plans for the second years' very first real lesson of the year. When the students entered, she was arranging a tarp over something in the back of the room before she straightened, waved at them, and made her way to the front of the classroom. "Good morning everyone!" After a minute or so devoted to taking attendance, she was prowling before the class once more, obviously quite excited about something. Written in neat cursive on the board was Scourgify.

"Scourgify, or the scouring charm, is one of the most basic cleaning spells out there. Its purpose is almost as basic: to clean dirty objects. It's often confused with Tergeo, but while that spell can siphon away liquids and dirt, and even be used in the art of Healing, scourgify is intended solely for non-living things. It creates a stream of soap and bubbles, and as you can imagine, makes many household tasks much easier." The blonde doubted the students really cared much about 'household tasks', but they would eventually. It's rumored to have been created by a witch or wizard serving the Crown, and looking to make their duties less arduous. This may not seem like a very powerful or important charm, but it does require effort, like all magic, and should prove useful to you at some point or another in the future. Unless we do have royalty among us in the room, in which case, take this as a chance to see how the other half lives."

Cracking a teasing grin, she turned to draw the wand movements for the charm on the board.

User Image

"As you can see, very simple indeed. The pronunciation is as follows: SKUR-ji-fy. Now, for your practice of it...," Elsie strode down the aisle between desks to the very back of the classroom, and pulled aside the tarp. Several tubs of dirty dishes and kitchen items sat on the ground. "It took me a very long while to talk the house elves into letting me take some of these, so please don't waste my hard work."

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:21 pm
✠ Quinn Ezekiel Conri-Dechering ✠ xxxxx
xxxx <2nd Year>
Time: 2040-2041

Quinn arrived early to class and took a seat eager for the start of class. He liked charms even if he equated it with his father thanks to his father former profession as the former Charms Professor. One thing Quinn was thankful was that Professor Shoichet was not his father as Quinn felt he might find the class a bit more of an oppressive or unwelcoming environment if he was the son of the professor. Quinn took notes dutifully and even made notes about Tergeo as he did plan on taking healing in the future for the practicality of the class. He had to smile at the joke about royalty. Soon enough the large tarp was removed revealing the dirty dishes. Quinn smiled figuring that a good practical class would be fun and he would take advantage of the experience. Besides, cleaning by magic sounded more fun, practical, and easy than by hand like he did at home with his Grandma or Aunt Sophie.

Ah, such concern for your dear sister
                                          A quiet, thoughtful mind, hm?
                                          Yes, I know just where to put you,

Ravenclaw!
                                          Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:27 pm
❁ Mary Fidelma Conri-Dechering ❁ xxxxx
xxxx <2nd Year> <"American Girl" and Georgia Peach>
Time: 2041-2042

Mary arrived to class soon after her brother and decided to take a seat next to him. It was odd that she didn't get to see him as much as during the summers and before Hogwarts and to be honest she missed him sometimes. Today was Charms class, and Mary was determined to do well especially in this class as it was a part of her legacy. Also, charms was really useful, just like the scouring charm. When Professor Shoichet revealed all the dirty dishes, Mary could not help but make a bit of a face at the idea of all those dishes, but she then rolled up her sleeves and determined that it was good practice. It wasn't like she was going to have a maid when she was older and a little hard work never hurt anyone.

My dear, I wager your father will be proud of you regardless
                                                  You need to forge your own path
                                                  And I think you'll be doing just that in

Hufflepuff!
                                                  Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:11 pm
User Image
Katya Patrovna
HufflepuffSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle

"Hi, Mary," Katya said cheerfully, as she arrived for Charms class, behind the twins, and sat down beside her friend and Housemate. More than anything, she'd missed her friends over the summer, and she wished she could see them more often, or at least write to them, though not having an owl made the latter rather problematic. After Potions, though, Charms was one of her best classes, and she liked her teacher, so all was good in her little world right then.

For the little Second Year, a sink full of dirty dishes was no big deal, after all, when one was cooking a meal, or baking a batch of brownies, cleaning up the mess was just part of the job, though having a Scouring Charm to do the clean-up was pretty nice.

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "Precious and fragile things, need special handling
                  My God what have we done to you?

We always try to share, the tenderest of care
                  Now look what we have put you through

Things get damaged, things get broken
                  I thought we'd manage, but words left unspoken
                  Left us so brittle, there was so little left to give "

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:49 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie had a special appreciation for the spell she'd be teaching today, as a former chaser and quidditch team captain. She sat at her desk taking attendance as the students entered, hoping they'd appreciate the practical part of this lesson after what she'd put them through last class. When most of the desks had bodies at them, she stood up, brushing off her jumper, and clapped her hands together to stifle any chatter. "Good morning everyone! Today we will be learning arresto momentum, or more literally, the slowing charm." As much was written out on the board in blue chalk.

"If any of you play Quidditch, in particular chaser, than you've already encountered this charm. It was invented by a witch named Daisy Pennifold, in order to slow the movement of quaffles during Quidditch games, so that they do not drop instantaneously towards the ground, and instead fall as if through water. This makes it far easier for chasers to catch them in the air. Arresto momentum slows or stops velocity- the speed something moves in a given direction. For example, if someone threw something at you, and you cast this spell, you would see whatever it was keep coming towards you, but slow down greatly. This charm is not really effective on animals; it freezes them in place for a few moments, rather than slowing them down. If you cast it on a bird, for example, the bird would stop flapping its wings and fall from the sky."

The blonde witch had retrieved a black and white football from behind her desk, and held it tucked under one arm now. She'd never played the muggle game until she was an adult, but Dave was exceedingly fond of it, having played as a child. "Lucky for all of you, all you have to do to cast this charm is wave your wand at whatever you want to slow down. The pronunciation is ah-REST-oh mo-MEN-tum, which quite literally means 'stop the momentum'. Now. I'm going to put a lot of trust in all of you. I want one person up here by the board to play mock goalie, and one person at the back of the class to kick this ball at them- NOT aiming for their head, understood? Help me move these desks aside please, and we'll get two alternating lines going, one to practice the charm, stopping the soccer ball before it hits the front wall, and one to test their kicking skills. Once you've kicked, switch to the other line, and so on."

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:08 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

This was Elsie's first official class of the year, and she kept reminding herself to breathe. She wasn't really panicking; rather she was overcome with a sort of giddy excitement that made sitting serenely behind her desk waiting for the students to come in impossible. She got up and checked what she'd written on the board instead. In one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over. As students began to come in and take their seats, she turned to face the class, smoothing the front of her long skirt.

"Good morning everyone," she said, far more calmly than she felt. "Welcome back to another year at Hogwarts- I know you all must be relieved to not be the youngest in the school anymore. The blonde woman smiled, wryly. "Name and house please while I take attendance to make sure everyone is back with us after this summer, no need to stand up when you've just sat down, so long as I can hear you. While you're at it, tell me what you thought was the most useful charm you learned last year. If you didn't think any of them were useful, please abstain." Elsie leaned against the desk, going down the list with her wand, occasionally glancing up at the class of young faces.

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

xo-SkittleFairy-ox

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:53 pm
User Image

Rina walked herself into class and took a seat somewhere around the middle of the room, yawning a bit as she got settled and took out her quill and parchment.

When class got started, Rina had to think back for a minute on what they had learned last year.. then finally raised her hand to get Professor Shoichet's attention. "Rina Monet, Hufflepuff," she started. "I think that Reparo is probably the most useful charm we learned so far, because it can help you fix things that are broken," she stated.

Granted, her mind was still feeling a little bit fuzzy and sleepy, but at least she had put something out there. Back to the old grind.

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:21 pm
User Image
User Image
Will you 𝓈 𝓉 𝒶 𝓎 by my side
Will you
𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕖 me
If I let go of your hand, you’ll fly away and ʞɐǝɹq
I’m scared
, scared, ѕ¢αяє∂ of that

Varus still liked early mornings–even early Monday mornings. With the same neatly stacked textbook, notebook, and quills, he walked over to the first row and settled himself to one of the seats. He listened attentively while writing down the class rules and assignment. Though he had gone through the same introduction a year before, doing it again still made him sweat. He concentrated on thinking of the lessons last year, deciding to recite despite anxious protests. He raised his hand and voiced out what he had been thinking, "I think t-the Levitation charm was the most useful since it lets you lift objects that you probably can't physically carry. O-oh and I'm Varus Heathcliff, Ravenclaw." He wanted to congratulate himself for stuttering less than he did last year.

𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓵 you stop time
                                        if this ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ passes
                                        ħ †hðµgh it hadn't → ΉΛPPΣПΣD
                                        I’m
                                        scared, scared, ѕ¢αяє∂ I'll lose you

OOC:

Quote:

Mr Nightmares

Newbie Noob

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:31 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Classmates
Mood
Bored

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Ha-Yun was definitely not the best student ever. She sat, only absentmindedly listening to her classmates as they introduced themselves. She just wanted to go back to her common room and practice or even knit, and she hated knitting! She giggled lightly at Varus' introduction, he vaguely remind her of Jin. Kinda adorable. She always thought that shy people were super cute. Snapping out of her little daze she realized it was her turn. "I'm Ha-Yun Lee, Slytherin and I liiiiiked....um the repairing one? Repairo? yeah that one." She had totally stolen her answer from the Rina, as she had been paying as much attention last year as she was this year. Which was not at all, she was definitely uninterested.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          OOC
                                                          Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

username goes here

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:37 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie couldn't stop chuckling to herself about her plans for the second years' very first real lesson of the year. When the students entered, she was arranging a tarp over something in the back of the room before she straightened, waved at them, and made her way to the front of the classroom. "Good morning everyone!" After a minute or so devoted to taking attendance, she was prowling before the class once more, obviously quite excited about something. Written in neat cursive on the board was Scourgify.

"Scourgify, or the scouring charm, is one of the most basic cleaning spells out there. Its purpose is almost as basic: to clean dirty objects. It's often confused with Tergeo, but while that spell can siphon away liquids and dirt, and even be used in the art of Healing, scourgify is intended solely for non-living things. It creates a stream of soap and bubbles, and as you can imagine, makes many household tasks much easier." The blonde doubted the students really cared much about 'household tasks', but they would eventually. It's rumored to have been created by a witch or wizard serving the Crown, and looking to make their duties less arduous. This may not seem like a very powerful or important charm, but it does require effort, like all magic, and should prove useful to you at some point or another in the future. Unless we do have royalty among us in the room, in which case, take this as a chance to see how the other half lives."

Cracking a teasing grin, she turned to draw the wand movements for the charm on the board.

User Image

"As you can see, very simple indeed. The pronunciation is as follows: SKUR-ji-fy. Now, for your practice of it...," Elsie strode down the aisle between desks to the very back of the classroom, and pulled aside the tarp. Several tubs of dirty dishes and kitchen items sat on the ground. "It took me a very long while to talk the house elves into letting me take some of these, so please don't waste my hard work."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:33 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie had a special appreciation for the spell she'd be teaching today, as a former chaser and quidditch team captain. She sat at her desk taking attendance as the students entered, hoping they'd appreciate the practical part of this lesson after what she'd put them through last class. When most of the desks had bodies at them, she stood up, brushing off her jumper, and clapped her hands together to stifle any chatter. "Good morning everyone! Today we will be learning arresto momentum, or more literally, the slowing charm." As much was written out on the board in blue chalk.

"If any of you play Quidditch, in particular chaser, than you've already encountered this charm. It was invented by a witch named Daisy Pennifold, in order to slow the movement of quaffles during Quidditch games, so that they do not drop instantaneously towards the ground, and instead fall as if through water. This makes it far easier for chasers to catch them in the air. Arresto momentum slows or stops velocity- the speed something moves in a given direction. For example, if someone threw something at you, and you cast this spell, you would see whatever it was keep coming towards you, but slow down greatly. This charm is not really effective on animals; it freezes them in place for a few moments, rather than slowing them down. If you cast it on a bird, for example, the bird would stop flapping its wings and fall from the sky."

The blonde witch had retrieved a black and white football from behind her desk, and held it tucked under one arm now. She'd never played the muggle game until she was an adult, but Dave was exceedingly fond of it, having played as a child. "Lucky for all of you, all you have to do to cast this charm is wave your wand at whatever you want to slow down. The pronunciation is ah-REST-oh mo-MEN-tum, which quite literally means 'stop the momentum'. Now. I'm going to put a lot of trust in all of you. I want one person up here by the board to play mock goalie, and one person at the back of the class to kick this ball at them- NOT aiming for their head, understood? Help me move these desks aside please, and we'll get two alternating lines going, one to practice the charm, stopping the ball before it hits the front wall, and one to test their kicking skills. Once you've kicked, switch to the other line, and so on."

OOC:
Username

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff