Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Charms II ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:55 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside.

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie began the lesson as she passed out candles to the class. "Once you receive a candle, please light it," she instructed, figuring she didn't have to spell it out for them- they should all know incendio by now. "Today we'll be learning the flame-freezing charm, or flammus friggus. Simply put, the charm takes away the heat and burning powers from flames, making them feel more like a gentle tickle instead. Wendelin the Weird famously used this charm every time she was burned at the stake, as she actually enjoyed pretending to shriek in pain, fooling the muggle witch hunters." Elsie moved to the front of the room to demonstrate the wand movement. "The incantation is flam-MUS frig-GUS, and the light from the spell should be pure white. Simply wave your wand above your head like so." She clapped her hands together after demonstrating. "Now, please try this on your lit candles."

OOC:
Username

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-
The night’s so dark and grey;
But you’ve helped me find my way.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:21 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFCHARMS PROFESSOR

This was Elsie's first official class of the year, and she kept reminding herself to breathe. She wasn't really panicking; rather she was overcome with a sort of giddy excitement that made sitting serenely behind her desk waiting for the students to come in impossible. She got up and checked what she'd written on the board instead. In one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over. As students began to come in and take their seats, she turned to face the class, smoothing the front of her long skirt.

"Good morning everyone," she said, far more calmly than she felt. "Welcome back to another year at Hogwarts- I know you all must be relieved to not be the youngest in the school anymore. The blonde woman smiled, wryly. "Name and house please while I take attendance to make sure everyone is back with us after this summer, no need to stand up when you've just sat down, so long as I can hear you. While you're at it, tell me what you thought was the most useful charm you learned last year. If you didn't think any of them were useful, please abstain." Elsie leaned against the desk, going down the list with her wand, occasionally glancing up at the class of young faces.

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:11 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageSecond Year SlytherinUser Image
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera silently groaned the entire morning and stumbled into charms, into the closest seat to the door. She was more disappointed when Professor..what's her name? The charms lady. When she made them introduce themselves. She said groggily, but loud enough so Professor Shoichet could hear, "Vespera Salazar, Slytherin. Useful charm was incendio. Catches things on fire, fun stuff right there." She sat back down and opened her notebook, and doodled random lines, they were going to be flames, but she was half asleep still and her brain was not working with her fingers. She needed more coffee.

▬▬ "Within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil." ▬▬

Where: Charms
With Whom: Second years
Thinking about: Death. Mornings are death
Vespera Description: Short 4'2", blond hair, green eyes and slight tan.
Wearing: Green dress with laced sleeves with school robes over top.
OOC:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:50 pm
User Image

♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

second year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve seeker || Dueling Club

Block 1 charms snuck up on Sona after being used to lazy mornings. She'd sat at the breakfast table flipping through the notes of her first year commonplace book. With a start she realized she's be almost late to class and bolted away, slipping in just as Professor Shoichet was welcoming them back to school. She slipped into the back seat next to Vespera and searched the rows for Jonah, hoping he'd made it before her.

She spoke up after Vespera, considerably more awake than her friend:"Sonora Li, Ravenclaw! My favorite was Wingardium Leviosa because it makes things levitate!

”--”

I am built with paper, made to soar in the sky.
I am always looking for an adventure.
It does not matter where the breeze will carry me.
I shall glide on along to see what there's to be.
♫♪
"Paper Plane's Adventure" by V.K. Lyrics by Tanoshibe on YouTube

addaellis

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:28 am
User Image
User Image
JONAH CASTOR LANE
Half-BloodRavenclawSecond YearTwelve Years OldThe Daily DragonReserve Beater

» Fall 2043 » Charms II » With: Sonora, Vespera, and Classmates
» Status: Tired and Achy

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Jonah had been half asleep in the back row when Vespera and Sonora had passed him, arms splayed out over the top of the table as he used his textbook for a pillow. Today definitely wasn’t his day. He had woken up early enough to get breakfast and walk to class with Sonora as was their Charms routine from the previous year, but he’d heard from a classmate she’d gone ahead. He’d gone to catch up, but due to his sleepy state he'd taken a misstep on the stairs and he’d tumbled down. No major injuries to report, just a few bruises and scrapes, but at that point Jonah had just decided it would be best to get to class. He’d only been joking to Sona last year about falling down the stairs! Talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy.

As he took his pre-class cat nap, he had heard the familiar clack of Sonora’s shoes against the floor, alerting him to wake himself up for Charms. He pried himself from his seat in the back and collected his things as he noticed her scan the rows for him and slid into the seat beside her. He gave a small mumbled “Mornin,” in greeting to both his favorite girls as he flipped open his textbook with scraped knuckles.

Despite the rough start to the morning and lack of coffee, Jonah was still in a good enough mood—after all, Charms was his favorite! He hoped one day it wouldn’t be first thing in the morning, but until then, he could make do.
“Jonah Lane, Ravenclaw,” He spoke once it was his turn, “I really liked all the charms, but I think Reparo is probably the most useful so far.”

═════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
I don't know why I've decided to torture my son this week but he'LL BE OKAY I PROMISE
Addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Hm, a curious mind, an adventurous spirit!
Oh, you could do so well in so many places, my boy
Legacy or not, I see you going far
But, let's see then... I think, for you, it'll be

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:31 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORHUFFLEPUFF HEADCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie couldn't stop chuckling to herself about her plans for the second years' very first real lesson of the year. When the students entered, she was arranging a tarp over something in the back of the room before she straightened, waved at them, and made her way to the front of the classroom. "Good morning everyone!" After a minute or so devoted to taking attendance, she was prowling before the class once more, obviously quite excited about something. Written in neat cursive on the board was Scourgify.

"Scourgify, or the scouring charm, is one of the most basic cleaning spells out there. Its purpose is almost as basic: to clean dirty objects. It's often confused with Tergeo, but while that spell can siphon away liquids and dirt, and even be used in the art of Healing, scourgify is intended solely for non-living things. It creates a stream of soap and bubbles, and as you can imagine, makes many household tasks much easier." The blonde doubted the students really cared much about 'household tasks', but they would eventually. "It's rumored to have been created by a witch or wizard serving the Crown to make their duties less arduous. This may not seem like a very powerful or important charm, but it does require effort, like all magic, and should prove useful to you at some point or another in the future. Unless we do have royalty among us in the room, in which case, take this as a chance to see how the other half lives."

Cracking a teasing grin, she turned to draw the wand movements for the charm on the board.

User Image

"As you can see, very simple indeed. The pronunciation is as follows: SKUR-ji-fy. Now, for your practice of it...," Elsie strode down the aisle between desks to the very back of the classroom, and pulled aside the tarp. Several tubs of dirty dishes and kitchen items sat on the ground. "It took me a very long while to talk the house elves into letting me take some of these, so please don't waste my hard work."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:47 am
User Image

♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

Monday morning, Sonora managed to wake up with a full hour before it was time for Block 1 Charms. She got breakfast, filled two thermos with three parts normal coffee to one part decaf, mixed it up just in case that was how coffee worked, and headed back upstairs with a breakfast roll. Steadying her nerves, she crept up the stairs to the boy's dorms and called out as loudly as she dared. It wouldn't be too bad to wake the other second year boys since they all had charms anyways, but she didn't quite feel like she ought to be on this side of the dorms. "Jonah? I have coffee and a roll for you, and if you wake up soon we won't even have to run to class!"

--

As Professor Shoichet lectured on Scourgify, Sonora found herself partially distracted, wondering if Jonah, or Vespera--who she'd offered the other thermos of slightly-decaffeinated coffee to-- noticed. But Professor Shoichet's excitement was contagious and by the time the their practice material was revealed, "I never thought I'd look forward to doing the dishes," Sonora confessed to her friends before heading towards the back and coming back with a stack of dirty plates for her friends and herself to practice on. She flipped through her notes again and reviewed the pronunciation and wand movement a few times before picking up the first and directing her wand at it. "Scourgify."

The plate washed itself easily enough and after a moment she leaned towards Jonah and Vespera conspiratorily. "Do you think it works on stains?"

Trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore

♫♪

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:19 am
User Image
User Image
JONAH CASTOR LANE
Half-BloodRavenclawSecond Year BeaterTwelve Years OldThe Daily Dragon

» Winter? 2043 » Charms II » With: Sonora, Vespera, Classmates
» Status: A few short years away from no more dishes

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

It had taken quite a bit of effort, but Jonah had finally managed to train himself to go to bed at a more reasonable hour for the sake of Charms class. Sure, it was still 2 AM when he went to bed, but it was a vast improvement from 4:30! He had just dragged himself out of bed when Sonora called with the promise of coffee and breakfast, and just like that, he scrambled for his robes and was out the door.

--

As observant as ever, Jonah was blissfully unaware of his best friend’s decaffeinated betrayal. He certainly noticed that there wasn’t quite as much “buzz” as usual, but he merely chalked it up to he’d been getting more sleep and went about his merry way with his notes and doodles of sparkling dishes and a chibified version of his mother. Scourgify was her favorite, just after the make-your-children-do-the-dishes-by-hand-to-teach-them-responsibility charm… Not Jonah’s favorite.

Jonah snickered at Sonora’s comment about dishes and was quick to get to work once she’d returned. The charms that had practical use in day-to-day life were the best in his book. Reviewing the wand movement once more, he’d tested the spell on a bowl. “Scourgify.”

Sure enough, the bowl was clean as a whistle. ‘Brilliant!’

Instinctively he leaned in close to Sonora as she moved to whisper and arched an eyebrow curiously at her at the mention of stains. “Are you still on that…? I’m pretty sure the librarian or someone cleaned that up ages ago. Surely they wouldn’t let that sit for half a year, right?”

═════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Hm, a curious mind, an adventurous spirit!
Oh, you could do so well in so many places, my boy
Legacy or not, I see you going far
But, let's see then... I think, for you, it'll be

Ravenclaw!

Trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:18 pm
Quote:
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageSecond Year SlytherinUser Image
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera gladly took the coffee from Sonora, glad her friend had thought of her and Jonah. She listened to the lesson on Scourgify, not evenhalf awake. She didn't know that Sona had decreased the caffeination. Vespera took a dirty dish, "Scourgify." While it mostly became clean, there were still some spots left. She shook her head, trying to wake up, and did it again, "Scourgify." This time the dish became clean. "I don't know why I can't wake up this morning. I need more coffee. Maybe it's just finally catching up to me, maybe it's time to start drinking more coffee in the morning. Or trying to potion in it." She looked at Jonah, wondering if he felt the same way,. She laughed at Sona, who had mentioned stains. "We'll have to try it next time we spill stuff in the Library." She picked up the next dish, and began casting the charm on it again.

▬▬ "Within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil." ▬▬

Where: Charms
With Whom: Second years
Thinking about: Death. Mornings are death
Vespera Description: Short 4'2", blond hair, green eyes and slight tan.
Wearing: Green dress with laced sleeves with school robes over top.
OOC:

trickblues
addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:49 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie had a special appreciation for the spell she'd be teaching today, as a former chaser and quidditch team captain. She sat at her desk taking attendance as the students entered, hoping they'd appreciate the practical part of this lesson after what she'd put them through last class. When most of the desks had bodies at them, she stood up, brushing off her jumper, and clapped her hands together to stifle any chatter. "Good morning everyone! Today we will be learning arresto momentum, or more literally, the slowing charm." As much was written out on the board in blue chalk.

"If any of you play Quidditch, in particular chaser, than you've already encountered this charm. It was invented by a witch named Daisy Pennifold, in order to slow the movement of quaffles during Quidditch games, so that they do not drop instantaneously towards the ground, and instead fall as if through water. This makes it far easier for chasers to catch them in the air. Arresto momentum slows or stops velocity- the speed something moves in a given direction. For example, if someone threw something at you, and you cast this spell, you would see whatever it was keep coming towards you, but slow down greatly. This charm is not really effective on animals; it freezes them in place for a few moments, rather than slowing them down. If you cast it on a bird, for example, the bird would stop flapping its wings and fall from the sky."

The blonde witch had retrieved a black and white football from behind her desk, and held it tucked under one arm now. She'd never played the muggle game until she was an adult, but Dave was exceedingly fond of it, having played as a child. "Lucky for all of you, all you have to do to cast this charm is wave your wand at whatever you want to slow down. The pronunciation is ah-REST-oh mo-MEN-tum, which quite literally means 'stop the momentum'. Now. I'm going to put a lot of trust in all of you. I want one person up here by the board to play mock goalie, and one person at the back of the class to kick this ball at them- NOT aiming for their head, understood? Help me move these desks aside please, and we'll get two alternating lines going, one to practice the charm, stopping the football before it hits the front wall, and one to test their kicking skills. Once you've kicked, switch to the other line, and so on."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:35 pm
User Image

♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

After a week of getting 3/4 coffee, 1/4 decaf for her friends whenever she could, Sonora was wondering if she ought to stay with the dilution course of action. Vespera had mentioned being unable to wake up...slow, patient did it. She stuck with 3/4 coffee, 1/4 decaf, and went up to wake Jonah and gave the

She took her notes diligently during charms and made careful note that it wouldn't work as expected on live targets. Well there goes using that for dueling, she mused, striking the idea out on her manuscript book.

The activity sounded like a lot of fun. She barely waited for the other student to kick the ball to call out the spell--good thing too, as it came flying down the classroom like an oversized bludger. "Arresto Momentum!" With a triumphant grin, she caught the ball and rolled it back.

In line to kick now, Sonora quietly consulted Jonah and Vespera: "Do you think we could charm our robes to help us slow-fall if we ever fell from a broom?"

Trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore

♫♪

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:41 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

This was Elsie's first official class of the year, and she kept reminding herself to breathe. She wasn't really panicking; rather she was overcome with a sort of giddy excitement that made sitting serenely behind her desk waiting for the students to come in impossible. She got up and checked what she'd written on the board instead. In one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over. As students began to come in and take their seats, she turned to face the class, smoothing the front of her long skirt.

"Good morning everyone," she said, far more calmly than she felt. "Welcome back to another year at Hogwarts- I know you all must be relieved to not be the youngest in the school anymore. The blonde woman smiled, wryly. "Name and house please while I take attendance to make sure everyone is back with us after this summer, no need to stand up when you've just sat down, so long as I can hear you. While you're at it, tell me what you thought was the most useful charm you learned last year. If you didn't think any of them were useful, please abstain." Elsie leaned against the desk, going down the list with her wand, occasionally glancing up at the class of young faces.

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:39 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
second year || Slytherin || muggleborn
Daily Dragon writer || Language club || Quidditch Announcer

Bright and early for the first day of class, August headed upstairs to the Charms classroom. He'd worked extra hard at Charms last year, thinking that Professor Shoichet must have thought him a slacker for occasionally being a few minutes late-- although that was entirely thanks so some infernal staircase. That summer he'd taken regular walks and even gone running regularly that summer at his mother's insistence, but knew better than to underestimate the staircases at Hogwarts. To his satisfaction, he arrived at the Charms classroom with almost fifteen minutes to spare and took a seat at the front, taking out his textbook to review before class and looking to greet his fellow classmates.

When class began he flipped to a clean page for notes taking. When the question was first post, he almost named Scourgify, as it on the list that he had been previewing over the summer. Thankfully, he caught himself before it was his turn. "August Li of House Slytherin. I found the mending charm, Reparo, the most useful last year."

User ImageUser ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ________
RODRICK.ROSS _____
Gryffindor, Second Year ___
════════════════════
__

Rodrick was still nibbling on the last piece of buttered toast he had stashed in his robe pockets (along with a cluster of napkins) by the time he reached the Charms Classroom. If it had been any other class, Rodrick might have been disappointed to leave the breakfast feast so early. But he liked Professor Shoichet; she was kind, and he already loved Charms, it was easy and he was good at it.

Rodrick was spinning his wand on his desk until class finally begins as it always does: with an introduction. August was the first to go. He decided to be next. ”Rodrick Ross, Gryffindor,” he said.

╔═════════════════════════╗
【WHEN:: Monday, 8:00-8:45AM, Fall 2044
【WHERE:: Charms Class
【WITH WHO:: Second Years
╚═════════════════════════╝

Quote:

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:08 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie couldn't stop chuckling to herself about her plans for the second years' very first real lesson of the year. When the students entered, she was arranging a tarp over something in the back of the room before she straightened, waved at them, and made her way to the front of the classroom. "Good morning everyone!" After a minute or so devoted to taking attendance, she was prowling before the class once more, obviously quite excited about something. Written in neat cursive on the board was Scourgify.

"Scourgify, or the scouring charm, is one of the most basic cleaning spells out there. Its purpose is almost as basic: to clean dirty objects. It's often confused with Tergeo, but while that spell can siphon away liquids and dirt, and even be used in the art of Healing, scourgify is intended solely for non-living things. It creates a stream of soap and bubbles, and as you can imagine, makes many household tasks much easier." The blonde doubted the students really cared much about 'household tasks', but they would eventually. "It's rumored to have been created by a witch or wizard serving the Crown to make their duties less arduous. This may not seem like a very powerful or important charm, but it does require effort, like all magic, and should prove useful to you at some point or another in the future. Unless we do have royalty among us in the room, in which case, take this as a chance to see how the other half lives."

Cracking a teasing grin, she turned to draw the wand movements for the charm on the board.

User Image

"As you can see, very simple indeed. The pronunciation is as follows: SKUR-ji-fy. Now, for your practice of it...," Elsie strode down the aisle between desks to the very back of the classroom, and pulled aside the tarp. Several tubs of dirty dishes and kitchen items sat on the ground. "It took me a very long while to talk the house elves into letting me take some of these, so please don't waste my hard work."

OOC:
Username

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff