Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Charms II ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:22 pm
User Image
☽Aldrick✩Knapp☾
Gryffindor Second YearUser Image

▬▬ Make your life a masterpiece; ▬▬

Aldrick walked into Charms class and sat down, and groaned when he saw the dirty dishes. There was a reason there were house elves, parents, and younger siblings. All so he wouldn't have to do dishes. He grudgingly got up and went to the dishes, and began working on casting scougify on them, cleaning one thing at a time (and making alot of bubbles while doing so). He would have to show Brook how to use this spell, she would appreciate the ease of cleaning up the house after she made a mess.... oh... she can't do magic... or do it outside of school if she did.... it was worth the thought.

▬▬ imagine no limitations on what you can be, have, or do. ▬▬

Where: Class
With Whom: Second years
Aldrick Description: 4'8" Blond boy with gorgeous eyes.
Wearing: School Robes
OOC: Open for interaction

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:27 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside.

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORHUFFLEPUFF HEADCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie had a special appreciation for the spell she'd be teaching today, as a former chaser and quidditch team captain. She sat at her desk taking attendance as the students entered, hoping they'd appreciate the practical part of this lesson after what she'd put them through last class. When most of the desks had bodies at them, she stood up, brushing off her jumper, and clapped her hands together to stifle any chatter. "Good morning everyone! Today we will be learning arresto momentum, or more literally, the slowing charm." As much was written out on the board in blue chalk.

"If any of you play Quidditch, in particular chaser, than you've already encountered this charm. It was invented by a witch named Daisy Pennifold, in order to slow the movement of quaffles during Quidditch games, so that they do not drop instantaneously towards the ground, and instead fall as if through water. This makes it far easier for chasers to catch them in the air. Arresto momentum slows or stops velocity- the speed something moves in a given direction. For example, if someone threw something at you, and you cast this spell, you would see whatever it was keep coming towards you, but slow down greatly. This charm is not really effective on animals; it freezes them in place for a few moments, rather than slowing them down. If you cast it on a bird, for example, the bird would stop flapping its wings and fall from the sky."

The blonde witch had retrieved a black and white football from behind her desk, and held it tucked under one arm now. She'd never played the muggle game until she was an adult, but Dave was exceedingly fond of it, having played as a child. "Lucky for all of you, all you have to do to cast this charm is wave your wand at whatever you want to slow down. The pronunciation is ah-REST-oh mo-MEN-tum, which quite literally means 'stop the momentum'. Now. I'm going to put a lot of trust in all of you. I want one person up here by the board to play mock goalie, and one person at the back of the class to kick this ball at them- NOT aiming for their head, understood? Help me move these desks aside please, and we'll get two alternating lines going, one to practice the charm, stopping the ball before it hits the front wall, and one to test their kicking skills. Once you've kicked, switch to the other line, and so on."

OOC:
Username

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-
The night’s so dark and grey;
But you’ve helped me find my way.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:33 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside.

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORHUFFLEPUFF HEADCHARMS PROFESSOR

This was Elsie's first official class of the year, and she kept reminding herself to breathe. She wasn't really panicking; rather she was overcome with a sort of giddy excitement that made sitting serenely behind her desk waiting for the students to come in impossible. She got up and checked what she'd written on the board instead. In one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over. As students began to come in and take their seats, she turned to face the class, smoothing the front of her long skirt.

"Good morning everyone," she said, far more calmly than she felt. "Welcome back to another year at Hogwarts- I know you all must be relieved to not be the youngest in the school anymore. The blonde woman smiled, wryly. "Name and house please while I take attendance to make sure everyone is back with us after this summer, no need to stand up when you've just sat down, so long as I can hear you. While you're at it, tell me what you thought was the most useful charm you learned last year. If you didn't think any of them were useful, please abstain." Elsie leaned against the desk, going down the list with her wand, occasionally glancing up at the class of young faces.

OOC:
Username

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-
The night’s so dark and grey;
But you’ve helped me find my way.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:25 am
User Image
Canaan Grey
RavenclawSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle

Canaan smiled as the professor made her quip about not being the youngest at school anymore. While Charms wasn't his most favourite class at school, he also wasn't a bad hand at them either, it just wasn't as fun as Herbology or Potions. Raising his hand, he said in a clear tone, once he was acknowledged, "Canaan Grey, from Ravenclaw House, professor. I thought all the Charms had their uses, but I really liked the Levitation Charm best."

OOC:
Username

User Image  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items