Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Charms III ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:47 am
CHARMS III
Professor Elsbeth Shoichet

User Image

Thursday 2:00 PM - 2:45 PM
((This class updates on Saturdays in real time; students posted on or after Tuesday of that week will be considered late to class.))

SUPPLIES

- Your wand

- A quill and plenty of parchment and/or notebooks

- Your textbook

CLASS RULES

- Be on time; detentions will be given if you are consistently late.

- Come prepared; if you don't have what you need, you will not participate at all. It's as simple as that.

- Wands should be out and laid on your desks; do not attempt any charm until you are given the go-ahead to do so.

- Remain in your seats, and keep your hands and feet to yourselves. When magic is involved, showing some self-restraint and being aware of your surroundings is crucial.

- Raise your hand; no one can learn if everyone is talking over each other. There is a time and a place for idle chatter, and it's not when your professor or one of your peers is addressing the class.

- Do no harm. Unless specifically instructed to by the professor, no charms or spells of any sort should be directed at another person. If you attempt to injure someone else in this class, you will be removed from the class.

- Bullying, mocking, and/or ostracizing other students is not permitted in this room. Keep your personal disagreements out of this class; this is a learning environment, not somewhere for you to air your feuds. Anyone found to be bullying another student will face very harsh consequences for their actions.

LIST OF KNOWLEDGE

[ ] Cheering Charm
[ ] Carpe Retractum
[ ] Colour Change Charm
[ ] Glacius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:34 am
Listen to me, please sit down and stay-
I'm gonna build a house and hide away!
Gather timber from the ground...
I'll build a castle that won't fall down.
And when I'm done the clock will stop and from,
Our heads will come bright flowers.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie could hardly believe it was already Thursday; the week seemed to have flown by. And seeing as it was her last class of the day, she was a bit more relaxed than she might otherwise be in her very first week of teaching. She glanced back at the massive chalkboard behind her; in one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over. When students began to make their way into the room, some more lively than others, she stood up to face the class. "Good afternoon everyone," the blonde woman said cheerfully. "Welcome back to another year at Hogwarts; I imagine you're all much busier this year than you've ever been before, with all the electives to choose from. I'm the new Charms professor, and I will be teaching you for the next... well, however long you plan to take Charms, as I know some of you will drop the class after your OWLs." Her tone indicated that she held no malicious feelings towards those that did, and rather commiserated with them instead. "I know you don't want to do instructions, but my list of names did not come with pictures, and I really doubt you want me going around all year calling people by the wrong name. Just give me your name and house, don't worry about standing up. If you thought a charm you learned last year was particularly useful, do let me know- if you hated all of them and are now permanently holding a grudge against this subject.... well, I'll see if I can change your mind." Elsie grinned, then turned to her list of students when the introductions began, determined to keep track of who was who.

OOC:
Username

I don't know, I can't contain my heartbeat-
I am dancing, shrouded by green trees!
I am whirling, wearing my sun feet;
And humming children to sleep.
I love to watch the light you spread to the room...
See how it dances from you to me to you.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:53 am
User Image
User Image

It felt... odd, to be back in classes again. His mother could no longer walk in on his studies and demand he read aloud just to suit her fancy. And his father wouldn't be strolling in halfway through to pick apart every conspiracy uttered under hushed whispers. Gavin wasn't that stupid (not anymore, at least.) He was damned sure that the whole “Voldemort” thing was, in fact, as bad as it's made out to be and not just a hoax made up by the ministry to brainwash the masses. (The real irony was knowing that his father would've been a Death Eater supporter if his own father hadn't forbidden it. The Selwyn's, as his mother tried to explain, are to be inherently neutral in all affairs. Like Switzerland.) Gavin never understood why, though. Wouldn't it make more sense to choose the winning side? No. His mother and brother would always correct him. To be neutral is to make a profit on both sides. Somehow, Gavin suspects that to be much harder to accomplish in practice than theory.

”Gavin Selwyn, of Ravenclaw,” he half raised a hand when he spoke, otherwise, sat content in his desk. He tried to think back; had he ever heard of a Shoichet? If he had, he couldn't remember. Must not be too important than. Even better. One less person to eventually make friends with and report back to his mother. She's already friendly with one of the healers, after all. ”No grudge,” he added as an after thought, ”just nothing particularly useful, I suppose...”

[Translations://xXxXx]

╔════════════════════╗
Charms Class
Uniform
13 yrs5' 4"Ravenclaw
╚════════════════════╝

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:20 pm
User ImageUser Image
Saio Mio Ukida
Third Year Hufflepuff
Adopted ☼ Half-blood

Location : Charms - Thursday @ 2:00pm

So far Saio would have to say that her day was going well. She’d had Herbology that morning and only had two classes left. However she’d been working on her homework and had lost track of time. Having to race up to the third floor to her charms classroom, the Hufflepuff took a seat. They had a new professor and boy did she hope she wasn’t the Professor Hill type. She didn’t look like it at least. Luckily she hadn’t missed anything when she walked in and was quick to take out her things. Listening to Professor Shoichet talk, Saio was certain she wasn’t anything but nice. Good, cause she didn’t want a strict charms teacher.

“I’m Saio Ukida from Hufflepuff.”
                                                  She introduced with a smile. “I personally liked Scourgify. If I could use magic at home I could see it to being really useful being on a farm and all.” She added knowing it would be. Lots of muck on farms, her poor shoes always suffered. Saio liked Charms and she wanted to continue liking it. She was sure she would even with a different Professor.

Status: Happy despite being a tad on the late side
                                                  With: Class...

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:36 pm
User ImageUser Image
Richard Indigo Devereux
Third Year Gryffindor
Black Sheep of the Family

Location : Charms - Thursday @ 2:00pm

It was the last class of his week and Richard was late, very late. To top it off he was up in the Gryffindor common room when he realized what time it was. Talk about running down four to five flights of stairs. Not fun! Finding a seat at the back, he remained quiet. As he pulled out his stuff, he noted the new professor. Maybe she didn’t notice him come in. He could hope.

Being late Richard needed to figure out what was going on. It didn’t take long for him to realize that they were just doing introductions. ‘Great I raced to class for this…’ He thought before copying what everyone else was doing. “Richard Devereux, Gryffindor.” He told Professor Shoichet before falling silent. Richard didn’t exactly know what question was asked so he decided to keep quiet on it. Beside none of the charms really stood out to him.

With : Class...

Attire : Gryffindor Uniform

OOC : - - -

Not afraid to be different!
                                                  Well isn't that refreshing!
                                                  Your family may be Slytherin, but I think you'll find your way in...
                                                  Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:19 pm

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie felt a bit more sober about this class, given the fact that this lesson centered on the cheering charm, and the potential for misuse with that particular charm was quite high, compared to some other seemingly-innocent spells. It wasn't that she suspected any sinister motives among her students, but she did want them to take this seriously. However, she admitted to herself, the dummy with a frowning face drawn on it in the front of the classroom was probably going to make it a little hard.

After the students had taken their seats, she quickly took attendance, and then stepped over to the board, where Exhilaro was written in elegant cursive. "Good afternoon, class. Today we will be learning and attempting the Cheering Charm, otherwise known as Exhilaro." She turned to the blackboard, writing down the definition of the charm in chalk. "The cheering charm has one purpose and one purpose only; to make the charmed individual happy. It was invented by a wizard by the name of Felix Summerbee in the 1400s, who many assume to have been a court jester of some sort."

The blonde professor turned back to the students, blue eyes narrowed slightly. She wanted to be absolutely straight forward with them all; they weren't first or second years to be coddled anymore."However, when misused or overdone, it is known to induce fits of hysterical laughter, and prolonged hysteria, as I'm sure you all can surmise, is not in any way beneficial or healthy for the human mind and body, as amusing as it may seem at first. This charm should only be used in situations in which it is deemed absolutely necessary. To help the grieving, for example, or to calm extreme anxiety, as it leaves one feeling very calm and content. It is not a replacement for mind healing. A charm is not a substitute for say, muggle medication. The effects of this charm wear off over time, and the more one is exposed to it, the more resistant to its effects one becomes. I want the word of everyone in this class that they will never perform this charm on someone else unless it is called for, and never without the permission of the person it's to be cast on. I hope I've made myself clear."

Elsie waited to see some nods and assents, before lightening a little and nodding to the dummy beside her. "This is Frank. It's up to you to turn his mood around. One by one, please- don't worry about wand movement, simply point, and repeat after me, ex-ILL-ar-oh."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:27 pm

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie was busy arranging a series of common household items on a series of borrowed music stands from the Music Room when the third years entered the room. As they were seating themselves she hurriedly took attendance and summoned the homework with a wave of her wand. Carpe retractum, she had to admit, was not the most intriguing charm to study, given its similarity to accio, but it was important.

The blonde witch turned to the board, writing out CARPE RETRACTUM - SEIZE AND PULL CHARM, as she began to lecture. "Notes out everyone; today we're going to go over the seize and pull charm, which creates what is essentially a magic rope with which to grab objects out of reach, particularly ones it might be risky to use a summoning charm on. It's rumored to have been created by a family of height-challenged shopkeepers, to help them stock goods. This charm can also pull the caster towards the object. This spell does take strength into account- the brawnier among us will have a far easier time pulling heavy objects towards themselves. This is why it is crucial to lean back slightly when casting the spell, so your body weight can help you pull."

"The light from this spell when performed correctly ought to be goldish or orange, and in some cases more purple tinged. There is no exact wand movement, but the wand should be moved as if cracking a whip. KAHR-pay ruh-TRACK-tum- in other words, 'seize the remote object'." Elsie gestured to the items set up. "I'd like you all to move your desks aside and practice on these, moving back a foot or two after every successful cast. Go slowly- I don't want anyone losing control of the charm and whacking someone in the face." She stepped aside to let them get to it.

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:44 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie could hardly believe it was already Thursday; the week seemed to have flown by. And seeing as it was her last class of the day, she was a bit more relaxed than she might otherwise be. She glanced back at the massive chalkboard behind her; in one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over. When students began to make their way into the room, some more lively than others, she stood up to face the class. "Good afternoon everyone," the blonde woman said cheerfully. "Welcome back to another year at Hogwarts; I imagine you're all much busier this year than you've ever been before, with all the electives to choose from. Names and houses, please, no worries about standing up. I should know all of you already, but let's make sure we're all here. If you thought a charm you learned last year was particularly useful, do let me know- if you hated all of them and are now permanently holding a grudge against this subject.... well, I'll see if I can change your mind this year." Elsie grinned, then turned to her list of students when the introductions began, determined to keep track of who was who.

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:51 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie felt a bit more sober about this class, given the fact that this lesson centered on the cheering charm, and the potential for misuse with that particular charm was quite high, compared to some other seemingly-innocent spells. It wasn't that she suspected any sinister motives among her students, but she did want them to take this seriously. However, she admitted to herself, the dummy with a frowning face drawn on it in the front of the classroom was probably going to make it a little hard.

After the students had taken their seats, she quickly took attendance, and then stepped over to the board, where Exhilaro was written in elegant cursive. "Good afternoon, class. Today we will be learning and attempting the Cheering Charm, otherwise known as Exhilaro." She turned to the blackboard, writing down the definition of the charm in chalk. "The cheering charm has one purpose and one purpose only; to make the charmed individual happy. It was invented by a wizard by the name of Felix Summerbee in the 1400s, who many assume to have been a court jester of some sort."

The blonde professor turned back to the students, blue eyes narrowed slightly. She wanted to be absolutely straight forward with them all; they weren't first or second years to be coddled anymore."However, when misused or overdone, it is known to induce fits of hysterical laughter, and prolonged hysteria, as I'm sure you all can surmise, is not in any way beneficial or healthy for the human mind and body, as amusing as it may seem at first. This charm should only be used in situations in which it is deemed absolutely necessary. To help the grieving, for example, or to calm extreme anxiety, as it leaves one feeling very calm and content. It is not a replacement for mind healing. A charm is not a substitute for say, muggle medication. The effects of this charm wear off over time, and the more one is exposed to it, the more resistant to its effects one becomes. I want the word of everyone in this class that they will never perform this charm on someone else unless it is called for, and never without the permission of the person it's to be cast on. I hope I've made myself clear."

Elsie waited to see some nods and assents, before lightening a little and nodding to the dummy beside her. "This is Frank. It's up to you to turn his mood around. One by one, please- don't worry about wand movement, simply point, and repeat after me, ex-ILL-ar-oh."

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:47 pm

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie was busy arranging a series of common household items on a series of borrowed music stands from the Music Room when the third years entered the room. As they were seating themselves she hurriedly took attendance and summoned the homework with a wave of her wand. Carpe retractum, she had to admit, was not the most intriguing charm to study, given its similarity to accio, but it was important.

The blonde witch turned to the board, writing out CARPE RETRACTUM - SEIZE AND PULL CHARM, as she began to lecture. "Notes out everyone; today we're going to go over the seize and pull charm, which creates what is essentially a magic rope with which to grab objects out of reach, particularly ones it might be risky to use a summoning charm on. It's rumored to have been created by a family of height-challenged shopkeepers, to help them stock goods. This charm can also pull the caster towards the object. This spell does take strength into account- the brawnier among us will have a far easier time pulling heavy objects towards themselves. This is why it is crucial to lean back slightly when casting the spell, so your body weight can help you pull."

"The light from this spell when performed correctly ought to be goldish or orange, and in some cases more purple tinged. There is no exact wand movement, but the wand should be moved as if cracking a whip. KAHR-pay ruh-TRACK-tum- in other words, 'seize the remote object'." Elsie gestured to the items set up. "I'd like you all to move your desks aside and practice on these, moving back a foot or two after every successful cast. Go slowly- I don't want anyone losing control of the charm and whacking someone in the face." She stepped aside to let them get to it.

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:15 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie could hardly believe it was already Thursday; the week seemed to have flown by. And seeing as it was her last class of the day, she was a bit more relaxed than she might otherwise be. She glanced back at the massive chalkboard behind her; in one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over. When students began to make their way into the room, some more lively than others, she stood up to face the class. "Good afternoon everyone," the blonde woman said cheerfully. "Welcome back to another year at Hogwarts; I imagine you're all much busier this year than you've ever been before, with all the electives to choose from. Names and houses, please, no worries about standing up. I should know all of you already, but let's make sure we're all here. If you thought a charm you learned last year was particularly useful, do let me know- if you hated all of them and are now permanently holding a grudge against this subject.... well, I'll see if I can change your mind this year." Elsie grinned, then turned to her list of students when the introductions began, determined to keep track of who was who.

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:07 pm
User Image
                                                        Well I thought I knew you, thinkin' that you were true. Guess I couldn't trust, called your bluff.
                                                        Time is up 'cause I've had enough. You were there by my side, always down for the ride,
                                                        But your joy ride just came down in flames 'cause your greed sold me out in shame.

𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔠𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔬 𝔏𝔲𝔠𝔞 𝔉𝔦𝔬𝔯𝔞𝔳𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦
                                                        Ravenclaw / Third Year / Halfblood

After all of the stealing and cheating you probably think that I hold resentment for you,
                                                        But, oh no, you're wrong. 'Cause if it wasn't for all that you tried to do, I wouldn't know,
                                                        Just how capable I am to pull through, so I wanna say thank you.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Marcello walked into his last class of the day, Charms. It was one of the classes he did very well in. Not like anyone else other than his professor and himself would know that. The Italian boy was very careful not to seem like a know-it-all in his classes, even going as far as to get some answers wrong during the discussions, or acting as if he didn't know the answers at all. He couldn't help it, it was just something he always did. Something about being insecure. Pushing the thoughts out of his mind, Marcel took his seat in the fourth row, far enough from the front to hopefully not be noticed, but still close enough for him to listen well enough to take decent notes. Where his classroom knowledge "lacked," his test scores were fantastic, he reminded himself. The boy listened as his professor spoke, asking them to reintroduce themselves. "Marcello Fioravanti, Ravenclaw." He didn't bother stating the fact that he enjoyed the Flame-Freezing Charm from last term, making a mental note to tell his professor just that after class, when the other students weren't around. Feeling a bit nervous, he tried to brush it off as if nothing was wrong.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

'Cause it makes me that much stronger, makes me work a little bit harder.
                                                        It makes me that much wiser, so thanks for making me a fighter.
                                                        Made me learn a little bit faster, made my skin a little bit thicker.
                                                        Makes me that much smarter, so thanks for making me a fighter.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:10 am
User Image

I won't just survive
Oh, you will see me thrive
Can't write my story
I'm beyond the archetype
I won't just conform
No matter how you shake my core
'Cause my roots, they run deep

Hikaru came into class and sat near Marcel. HIkaru had a tendency to sick near his friends like a magnet. He hoped Marcel would tell him if he was being annoying. The teacher prompted them do introductions of themselves. "I'm Hikaru Nakano.... in Ravenclaw, I..um.. didn't have a favorite...cause I liked them all..." He said nervous with being listened to by everyone.

Oh, ye of so little faith
Don't doubt it, don't doubt it
Victory is in your veins
You know it, you know it
And you will not negotiate
Just fight it, just fight it
And be transformed

Ooc:
The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:14 pm
What have you seen, what have you felt?
Your lips are closed, the curtain's shut-
All that we can see is on your sleeve;
All that we can see is on your sleeve.
I know from time to time...
That hope seems but a foreign land.

User Image
𝚕𝚢𝚍𝚒𝚊
𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎
𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛

muggleborn │ third year │ hufflepuff

Charms was still one of Liddie's best classes, and Professor Shoichet one of her favorite teachers, although Professor Whitethorne was a close second, even if she wasn't terribly good at Potions. She took a seat on the other side of Hikaru, shooting Marcel a quick smile as well, and chirped, "Liddie Spencer, Hufflepuff... I thought scourgify was very useful, Professor." She'd even dared to tell Mum about it, although the woman had wrinkled her nose and said she didn't want to hear any more nonsense while Liddie was home for the summer. She sighed internally. Eventually, Dad and Mum would have to come around to the idea of their daughters being witches... for good... eventually. For now she still wasn't allowed to talk about Hogwarts at home, although of course she'd told Jonas and Gabe loads of things when no one was listening in

OOC:
Username

A distance that we cannot reach, a language we cannot speak-
Your life is hidden in your skin, though not entirely so...
Some things can't be kept, and through all the things we'll find out-
In your words and in the movement of your eyes;
The expressions on your face, the rush of your walking...
With our closed fists we will feel like we've succeeded again.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:28 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside.

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

OOC:
Username

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-
The night’s so dark and grey;
But you’ve helped me find my way.

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff