Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
That Woman is Mad at Christians

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:11 am
That Woman is Mad at Christians

Video. Duration: 6:43

Should the fact that we are not doing enough prevent us from doing anything at all? Preaching the Gospel is also an act of kindness to your fellow man. One that maybe is superior (in terms of lasting effect and value) to helping him with his homework or giving him a few bucks. What are your thoughts?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:30 am
Preaching (1) repentance from wicked ways, (2) reconciliation through Jesus Christ, and (3) the new birth is definitely more important than helping someone with their homework; the new birth is what gives the person that inward fire to serve others selflessly, sincerely, out of care and concern for the person they are serving—their physical, emotional and spiritual well-being—and not as a chore or some checklist on one's religious list of duties. So yes, it is more important.

But not only that, telling people about how to get reconciled with God saves the person in more ways than one: aside from being saved from God's wrath in death and from God's wrath after the resurrection from the dead, without a reconciled relationship to the Father, you remain hostile to the ways (to His Commands) that would keep you safe from God's wrath in this life, on this earth.

• Proverbs 11:31 (NIV)

31 If the righteous receive their due on earth,
             how much more the ungodly and the sinner!

Adherents of Christianity, in general, tend to only place the focus on (or are only aware of?) the ultimate judgment day, and not on how God renders justice in daily life in response to how you treat others and how you treat Him. For the verses on that, I've compiled a list: [Do Good: A Man Reaps What He Sows]. The gospel is stronger when we tell people about how to avoid God's wrath during earthly life too, not just in some distant future (in death and after death, as true as that is as well).

---

As for the female in the video, she doesn't have an accurate view of what Jesus did (who did preach that, "no one, but God, is good", ergo how vile we are, and "repent or perish", turn away from your vile, sinful, wicked, lawless ways a.k.a. stop rebelling against the Father's Commands—everyone—especially the religious).

But to give her the benefit of the doubt, I don't know how he expressed himself prior to the clip of her responding into the microphone. When I clicked the link and saw that it came from that "Wretched" YouTube channel, my heart sank a little. From past experience, I can't handle his videos due to how condescending his tone of voice usually is. Though, the way he responded in this video was actually a relief this time.

As undiscerning of the Biblical truth as she was (or is), there is merit to how she responded if his tone was the usual condescending tone he adopts—added to that is his loud volume. People don't like to be shouted at or belittled; their reasoning shuts off and they react from the flesh. It could be that her flesh is responding to his tone, and how he said it, not necessarily the Biblical logic in and of itself. Whatever the case, she is unaware of the Biblical Christ's entire example, so her argument doesn't hold much weight.

cristobela
Vice Captain

Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces