Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
Charms IV ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:23 pm
CHARMS IV
Professor Elsbeth Shoichet

User Image

Friday 3:00 PM - 3:45 PM
((This class updates on Saturdays in real time; students posted on or after Tuesday of that week will be considered late to class.))

SUPPLIES

- Your wand

- A quill and plenty of parchment and/or notebooks

- Your textbook

CLASS RULES

- Be on time; detentions will be given if you are consistently late.

- Come prepared; if you don't have what you need, you will not participate at all. It's as simple as that.

- Wands should be out and laid on your desks; do not attempt any charm until you are given the go-ahead to do so.

- Remain in your seats, and keep your hands and feet to yourselves. When magic is involved, showing some self-restraint and being aware of your surroundings is crucial.

- Raise your hand; no one can learn if everyone is talking over each other. There is a time and a place for idle chatter, and it's not when your professor or one of your peers is addressing the class.

- Do no harm. Unless specifically instructed to by the professor, no charms or spells of any sort should be directed at another person. If you attempt to injure someone else in this class, you will be removed from the class.

- Bullying, mocking, and/or ostracizing other students is not permitted in this room. Keep your personal disagreements out of this class; this is a learning environment, not somewhere for you to air your feuds. Anyone found to be bullying another student will face very harsh consequences for their actions.

LIST OF KNOWLEDGE

[ ] Accio
[ ] Depulso
[ ] Engorgio
[ ] Reducio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:47 am
Listen to me, please sit down and stay-
I'm gonna build a house and hide away!
Gather timber from the ground...
I'll build a castle that won't fall down.
And when I'm done the clock will stop and from,
Our heads will come bright flowers.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFCHARMS PROFESSOR

It was Elsie's last class of the week, and thus she was both very tired and very relieved. Stifling a yawn, she tried her best to keep herself alert and awake while she waited for the students to come in. When they did, she stood up from her desk, hoping that keeping moving would make her out to look less exhausted. "Good afternoon everyone," she said simply. "Welcome back to another year at Hogwarts. I'm very glad to catch your year before your OWLs next year, since it's very important that you do well on them- regardless of your opinions on this class." The blonde woman regarded the students with a small smile. "I would like names and houses, please, so I have some idea of who everyone is- I'll start you off; I'm Professor Shoichet, and when I attended Hogwarts I was a Hufflepuff. Also, tell me what charm you found most useful from last year. If the answer is none of them, then hold your peace." Elsie ran down the list of students as they spoke up, determined not to forget anyone.

OOC:
Username

I don't know, I can't contain my heartbeat-
I am dancing, shrouded by green trees!
I am whirling, wearing my sun feet;
And humming children to sleep.
I love to watch the light you spread to the room...
See how it dances from you to me to you.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:07 am
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Fourth Year Fourteen Years OldSingle

Fianna really didn't want to hear the dreaded word 'OWLs' right out of the gate in her Charms class, especially since that was a whole year away for her, that and and the 'OWLs Boot Camp' Linny subjected her older sister to was fresh in her memory. She also was a bit surprised to see yet a new Charms instructor. After Professor Barrington's departure, her Alchemy teacher had taken up her duties, and while Professor Amarocho was a really good Charms teacher, Fianna was actually kinda glad to know his duties were returned to what they had been previously.

Fianna raised her hand, and offered, "I'm Fianna grey, from Gryffindor House, Professor. I thought 'Glacius' is dead useful. It can extinguish fires, and it's good for chilling one's drink. No need for ice cubes."

OOC:
Username

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
                  Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:39 pm

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie was looking forward to a fairly relaxing class, as accio was not very hard to teach or to master, and she didn't think the students would have any issues with the practical part of the lesson. Besides, the set-up had been rather easy. When the students had come in and taken their seats, she quickly took attendance, and approached the board, writing Accio in sky blue chalk.

"Good afternoon, class," she turned back to them with a calm smile. "Today we'll be learning one of the most crucial charms you'll ever use- accio, the summoning charm. Notes out, please- it will help you with your out of class practice... and your OWL next year." The blonde professor turned back to the board, simultaneously writing out the spell's definition and lecturing. "Accio will cause any object at a distance to fly towards you, and it requires active thought to work properly- you have to really want, to need what you are attempting to summon."

Elsie faced the class once more, wiping chalk dust off her hand. "Now, accio has been around since wizarding history was first being recorded- it is even mentioned in the famous Tales of Beedle of the Bard. It was also famously used by a group of ant-muggle extremists known as the Accionites, due to their insistence on using magic for every action, no matter how simple it might be," she recalled with an amused look. "The spell quite literally means 'I summon', so you must say, 'Accio book, accio quill', and so on. And that's AK-key-oh."

She drew the wand movement required for the spell in yellow chalk, then smiled a little tiredly at them.

User Image

"See? Very simple. Now, I've arranged a number of common items all around the room- books, keys, quills, a jacket, a pair of slippers, and so forth. Standing at your desks, focus on one thing to summon, and attempt it." Wanting to avoid getting hit with any errant items, Elsie relocated to a corner near the door to supervise.

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:53 pm

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie was essentially teaching the opposite of what she'd taught last class. Her only regret was that she couldn't fit both charms into one class so as to not drag it out that much. Accio was arguably more important to master than depulso, but you never knew when the banishing charm might come in handy. She took attendance as the students filed and summoned their homework with a sweep of her wand, before getting up and approaching the board, where DEPULSO - The Banishing Charm was written out in yellow chalk.

"Last class we covered the summoning charm, and this class we'll be learning its counterpart. Just like accio, depulso is said to be one of the oldest charms known to wizards. Accio calls objects forth, depulso sends them away. However, while you can summon any object from anywhere with a summoning charm, the banishing charm banishes whatever the wand is aimed at. You can't banish something not with you."

The blonde professor continued, turning back to the students. "The light from the charm should be either red or white, and the only wand movement is a simple sweep of the wand at whatever you want to banish. The pronunciation is de-PUHL-so, which literally means 'to push away'. Just like last class, the same objects are set up for you to practice on." She moved towards the corner near the door, not wanting to be accidentally banished herself.

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:54 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

It was Elsie's last class of the week, and thus she was both very tired and very relieved. Stifling a yawn, she tried her best to keep herself alert and awake while she waited for the students to come in. When they did, she stood up from her desk, hoping that keeping moving would make her out to look less exhausted. "Good afternoon everyone," she said simply. "Welcome back to another year at Hogwarts. Remember, everyone, you have your OWLs next year, and it's very important that you do well on them- regardless of your opinions on this class." The blonde woman regarded the students with a small smile. "Names and houses for attendance, please, and tell me what charm you found most useful from last year. If the answer is none of them, then hold your peace." Elsie ran down the list of students as they spoke up, determined not to forget anyone.

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:55 pm
User ImageUser Image
Saio Mio Ukida
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Adopted ☼ Half-blood

Location : Charms Class - Friday @ 3:00pm

Saio probably could have skipped to class when she saw it was her last class of the week. However her morning had killed any energy she would have had. “Good afternoon Professor,” The Hufflepuff greeted as she took a seat. When class started and OWLs were mentioned Saio wondered why. Not so much why did she need to take them. But why did it need to be brought up now? Course Professor Shoichet answered that question too. They were important which meant she needed to do well. Not that Saio didn’t plan on doing well come test time.

“Saio Ukida, Hufflepuff.” She said upon attendance being taken. “I personally like the color changing charm, but I’m sure that it isn’t the most useful. Not unless you need something a certain color.” Saio added. She didn’t really know maybe the cheering charm would be useful if she could use it on her sister. Not that she ever would of course.

With: Class...

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:06 pm
User ImageUser Image
Richard Indigo Devereux
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Black Sheep of the Family

Richard had a fairly easy Friday. With only transfigurations and charms it wasn’t a bad end to the week. If only he was good at transfigurations. Luckily it was only the start of the year, which meant it should be too terrible of a start. He took a seat in class and prepared himself for most likely some kind of a review. He was surprised when professors’ jumped straight into new material.

Sitting out of the way Richard listened to Professor Shoichet talk about OWLs and move on to attendance. The tests the Gryffindor hardly cared about. Honestly that was a whole year away so he wasn’t particularly bothered by it. Attendance he could do though. “Richard Devereux, Gryffindor.” He spoke up. As for the spell that was most useful, that was a little more complicated. “Glacius I suppose would be useful in the summer… or if there’s a fire. But you could use the water spell for that one.” He commented. It was the best he could come up with really.

With : Class...

Attire : Gryffindor Uniform

OOC : - - -

Not afraid to be different!
                                      Well isn't that refreshing!
                                      Your family may be Slytherin, but I think you'll find your way in...
                                      Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:06 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie was looking forward to a fairly relaxing class, as accio was not very hard to teach or to master, and she didn't think the students would have any issues with the practical part of the lesson. Besides, the set-up had been rather easy. When the students had come in and taken their seats, she quickly took attendance, and approached the board, writing Accio in sky blue chalk.

"Good afternoon, class," she turned back to them with a calm smile. "Today we'll be learning one of the most crucial charms you'll ever use- accio, the summoning charm. Notes out, please- it will help you with your out of class practice... and your OWL next year." The blonde professor turned back to the board, simultaneously writing out the spell's definition and lecturing. "Accio will cause any object at a distance to fly towards you, and it requires active thought to work properly- you have to really want, to need what you are attempting to summon."

Elsie faced the class once more, wiping chalk dust off her hand. "Now, accio has been around since wizarding history was first being recorded- it is even mentioned in the famous Tales of Beedle of the Bard. It was also famously used by a group of ant-muggle extremists known as the Accionites, due to their insistence on using magic for every action, no matter how simple it might be," she recalled with an amused look. "The spell quite literally means 'I summon', so you must say, 'Accio book, accio quill', and so on. And that's AK-key-oh."

She drew the wand movement required for the spell in yellow chalk, then smiled a little tiredly at them.

User Image

"See? Very simple. Now, I've arranged a number of common items all around the room- books, keys, quills, a jacket, a pair of slippers, and so forth. Standing at your desks, focus on one thing to summon, and attempt it." Wanting to avoid getting hit with any errant items, Elsie relocated to a corner near the door to supervise.

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:19 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie was essentially teaching the opposite of what she'd taught last class. Her only regret was that she couldn't fit both charms into one class so as to not drag it out that much. Accio was arguably more important to master than depulso, but you never knew when the banishing charm might come in handy. She took attendance as the students filed and summoned their homework with a sweep of her wand, before getting up and approaching the board, where DEPULSO - The Banishing Charm was written out in yellow chalk.

"Last class we covered the summoning charm, and this class we'll be learning its counterpart. Just like accio, depulso is said to be one of the oldest charms known to wizards. Accio calls objects forth, depulso sends them away. However, while you can summon any object from anywhere with a summoning charm, the banishing charm banishes whatever the wand is aimed at. You can't banish something not with you."

The blonde professor continued, turning back to the students. "The light from the charm should be either red or white, and the only wand movement is a simple sweep of the wand at whatever you want to banish. The pronunciation is de-PUHL-so, which literally means 'to push away'. Just like last class, the same objects are set up for you to practice on." She moved towards the corner near the door, not wanting to be accidentally banished herself.

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:12 pm
User Image

User Image

Notes scribbled and filed away in his satchel, Gavin swiveled his wand between two fingers. He couldn't wait until he was seventeen and could practice magic outside of school. If he was going to be learning how to be effectively lazy then why couldn't he take advantage of it sooner? With a bit of concentration he managed to summon a feather down jacket to his desk. It looked warm and comfy. Swishing his wand at the jacket, he said, ”De-PUHL-so!” The jacket seemed to fidget and twitch all throughout its journey around the classroom to its original resting place, folded nice and neat.

╔═══════════════════════╗
WHEN:: Friday, 3:00 – 3:45pm
WHERE:: Charms Class
WITH WHO:: Fourth Years

╚═══════════════════════╝

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:11 pm
Hurry, hurry, come quickly!
And leave all logic aside.
Don't say a word...
Just listen carefully to me.
The world is ours if we could only let it be.

User Image
𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛
𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚢
𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛

muggleborn │ fourth year │ gryffindor

Essie wasn't terrible with Charms, but it wasn't her best subject, either. It was honestly a bit embarrassing, as Charms was one of her younger sister's talents, and Transfiguration, at that. Granted, Esther was far better when it came to DADA, and not half-bad at Potions, although Liddie showed her up in Herbology, typically... Well, they were fairly even, all considered. But Essie could cast a decent summoning charm, and after summoning a set of jangling keys, banished them on her second try, to her relief.

OOC:
Username

Every move we make will trigger another;
And every small mistake will be a messenger...
Our lives are weaving like a thread;
Within each other, faithfully...
Sharing in our joys and miseries.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:17 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

It was Elsie's last class of the week, and thus she was both very tired and very relieved. Stifling a yawn, she tried her best to keep herself alert and awake while she waited for the students to come in. When they did, she stood up from her desk, hoping that keeping moving would make her out to look less exhausted. "Good afternoon everyone," she said simply. "Welcome back to another year at Hogwarts. Remember, everyone, you have your OWLs next year, and it's very important that you do well on them- regardless of your opinions on this class." The blonde woman regarded the students with a small smile. "Names and houses for attendance, please, and tell me what charm you found most useful from last year. If the answer is none of them, then hold your peace." Elsie ran down the list of students as they spoke up, determined not to forget anyone.

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:10 pm
User Image
                                                      Yeah, you may think that I'm a zero, but, hey, everyone you wanna be probably started off like me.
                                                      You may say that I'm a freakshow, but, hey, give it just a little time. I bet you're gonna change your mind.

𝓢𝓴𝔂𝓵𝓪𝓻 𝓐𝓷𝓷𝒆 ℳ𝓪𝓬𝓬𝓵𝒆𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓷
                                                      Fourth Year / Hufflepuff / Pureblood

All of the dirt you've been throwin' my way, it ain't so hard to take, that's right.
                                                      'Cause I know one day you'll be screamin' my name, and I'll just look away, that's right.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Skylar entered the Charms classroom, happy it was finally Friday, and that this was her last class of the day, and week. Fridays were very busy for her, with Healing, Care of Magical Creatures, Transfiguration and Music all taking up the first four blocks of the day, leaving her afternoon and evening hours for homework and other general assignments. Thankfully, the weekend was almost here, and after this forty-five minute period, she would be free to relax for the next two days. Falling into her seat, the small Hufflepuff girl placed her wand on her desk, doubting she would use it today as it was the first lesson of the year, as well as her textbook and note-taking materials. Professor Shoichet, one of Skylar's favorite professors for some reason, called for a role-call, and asked them about their favorite charm from last term. When it was Skylar's turn, she stood up, trying not to appear as nervous as she felt. "Skylar Macclellan, um, Hufflepuff. I think my favorite was, um, the Cheering Charm... Yeah." Sky sat back down, burying her face in her textbook. The sooner the class ended, the sooner she could get to her weekend... Go clock go.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Just go ahead and hate on me and run your mouth so everyone can hear.
                                                      Hit me with the worst you got and knock me down, baby, I don't care.
                                                      Keep it up and soon enough you'll figure out you wanna be a loser like me.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:23 pm
Orphan Sisters for Life
Fourth Years

With : Each other, class...

User ImageUser Image
The girls had one last class for the week, charms. It had been a busy morning for them, more so for Alana and Kimberly who had four classes that morning. The two couldn’t wait to be done for the week even if it was the first week back. Taking a seat in class the four girls took out their things. “Kim, you look tired.” Candace told her. “You have four classes back to back.” She replied. “I only have one less hour then you.” She answered back. “Don’t worry Kimberly we only have one hour left.” Alana replied with a smile.

Class got underway and Minako was the first to speak out of the four. “Minako Tanaka, Ravenclaw. My charm of choice from last year is the Colour Change Charm.” She told Professor Shoichet. Of course Minako would have a thing for the charm that changed the color of her clothes. “Candace Mackenzie, Hufflepuff. I found the seize and pull charm to be handy.” The blonde Hufflepuff replied next. “Alana Rivero, also Hufflepuff. I’m tossed between the cheering charm and the freezing charm.” Alana admitted after Candy. Last of the bunch was Kimberly who really didn’t know which charm was the most useful to her. “Kimberly Leon, Slytherin.” She stated simply. “I didn’t find any overly useful but the freezing charm would probably be the most handy I guess.” Kimberly added a semi thought before waiting for class to go on. It was a long day and all four girls wanted the week to be over.

Alana ~ Status : Happy Theme ~ Attire
Minako ~ Status : Alright Theme ~ Attire
Kimberly ~ Status : Almost done... Theme ~ Attire
Candace ~ Status : Happy Theme ~ Attire

OOC: - - -  
Fourth Year Classes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items