Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
Charms IV ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:20 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie had given each of the students a small acorn for today's lesson. "Engorgio, or the Engorgment Charm, causes the target to swell up rapidly. It is dangerous because eventually whatever is swelling up will explode, which is why next class we will learn the counter-charm, reducio. Now, engorgio can be used on animals, so long as you can control the growth, but I would not recommend it unless absolutely necessary. Reducio might come more in handy, for, say, transporting pets. Please, never attempt to use either charm on a human being. You could seriously harm someone." The blonde woman plucked up a pear from her desk to demonstrate. "En-GOR-gee-oh," she said clearly, and in a circle of icy blue light, the pear grew to the size of a football, causing her to almost drop it before she shrunk it back down. "Try to get your acorns to the size of, say, an apple."

OOC:
Username

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-
The night’s so dark and grey;
But you’ve helped me find my way.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:59 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

It was Elsie's last class of the week, and thus she was both very tired and very relieved. Stifling a yawn, she tried her best to keep herself alert and awake while she waited for the students to come in. When they did, she stood up from her desk, hoping that keeping moving would make her out to look less exhausted. "Good afternoon everyone," she said simply. "Welcome back to another year at Hogwarts. Remember, everyone, you have your OWLs next year, and it's very important that you do well on them- regardless of your opinions on this class." The blonde woman regarded the students with a small smile. "Names and houses for attendance, please, and tell me what charm you found most useful from last year. If the answer is none of them, then hold your peace." Elsie ran down the list of students as they spoke up, determined not to forget anyone.

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:44 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie was looking forward to a fairly relaxing class, as accio was not very hard to teach or to master, and she didn't think the students would have any issues with the practical part of the lesson. Besides, the set-up had been rather easy. When the students had come in and taken their seats, she quickly took attendance, and approached the board, writing Accio in sky blue chalk.

"Good afternoon, class," she turned back to them with a calm smile. "Today we'll be learning one of the most crucial charms you'll ever use- accio, the summoning charm. Notes out, please- it will help you with your out of class practice... and your OWL next year." The blonde professor turned back to the board, simultaneously writing out the spell's definition and lecturing. "Accio will cause any object at a distance to fly towards you, and it requires active thought to work properly- you have to really want, to need what you are attempting to summon."

Elsie faced the class once more, wiping chalk dust off her hand. "Now, accio has been around since wizarding history was first being recorded- it is even mentioned in the famous Tales of Beedle of the Bard. It was also famously used by a group of ant-muggle extremists known as the Accionites, due to their insistence on using magic for every action, no matter how simple it might be," she recalled with an amused look. "The spell quite literally means 'I summon', so you must say, 'Accio book, accio quill', and so on. And that's AK-key-oh."

She drew the wand movement required for the spell in yellow chalk, then smiled a little tiredly at them.

User Image

"See? Very simple. Now, I've arranged a number of common items all around the room- books, keys, quills, a jacket, a pair of slippers, and so forth. Standing at your desks, focus on one thing to summon, and attempt it." Wanting to avoid getting hit with any errant items, Elsie relocated to a corner near the door to supervise.

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:53 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie was essentially teaching the opposite of what she'd taught last class. Her only regret was that she couldn't fit both charms into one class so as to not drag it out that much. Accio was arguably more important to master than depulso, but you never knew when the banishing charm might come in handy. She took attendance as the students filed and summoned their homework with a sweep of her wand, before getting up and approaching the board, where DEPULSO - The Banishing Charm was written out in yellow chalk.

"Last class we covered the summoning charm, and this class we'll be learning its counterpart. Just like accio, depulso is said to be one of the oldest charms known to wizards. Accio calls objects forth, depulso sends them away. However, while you can summon any object from anywhere with a summoning charm, the banishing charm banishes whatever the wand is aimed at. You can't banish something not with you."

The blonde professor continued, turning back to the students. "The light from the charm should be either red or white, and the only wand movement is a simple sweep of the wand at whatever you want to banish. The pronunciation is de-PUHL-so, which literally means 'to push away'. Just like last class, the same objects are set up for you to practice on." She moved towards the corner near the door, not wanting to be accidentally banished herself.

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:14 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

It was Elsie's last class of the week, and thus she was both very tired and very relieved. Stifling a yawn, she tried her best to keep herself alert and awake while she waited for the students to come in. When they did, she stood up from her desk, hoping that keeping moving would make her out to look less exhausted. "Good afternoon everyone," she said simply. "Welcome back to another year at Hogwarts. Remember, everyone, you have your OWLs next year, and it's very important that you do well on them- regardless of your opinions on this class."

The blonde woman regarded the students with a small smile. "Names and houses for attendance, please, and tell me what charm you found most useful from last year. If the answer is none of them, then hold your peace." Elsie ran down the list of students as they spoke up, determined not to forget anyone.

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:43 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie was looking forward to a fairly relaxing class, as accio was not very hard to teach or to master, and she didn't think the students would have any issues with the practical part of the lesson. Besides, the set-up had been rather easy. When the students had come in and taken their seats, she quickly took attendance, and approached the board, writing Accio in sky blue chalk.

"Good afternoon, class," she turned back to them with a calm smile. "Today we'll be learning one of the most crucial charms you'll ever use- accio, the summoning charm. Notes out, please- it will help you with your out of class practice... and your OWL next year." The blonde professor turned back to the board, simultaneously writing out the spell's definition and lecturing. "Accio will cause any object at a distance to fly towards you, and it requires active thought to work properly- you have to really want, to need what you are attempting to summon."

Elsie faced the class once more, wiping chalk dust off her hand. "Now, accio has been around since wizarding history was first being recorded- it is even mentioned in the famous Tales of Beedle of the Bard. It was also famously used by a group of ant-muggle extremists known as the Accionites, due to their insistence on using magic for every action, no matter how simple it might be," she recalled with an amused look. "The spell quite literally means 'I summon', so you must say, 'Accio book, accio quill', and so on. And that's AK-key-oh."

She drew the wand movement required for the spell in yellow chalk, then smiled a little tiredly at them.

User Image

"See? Very simple. Now, I've arranged a number of common items all around the room- books, keys, quills, a jacket, a pair of slippers, and so forth. Standing at your desks, focus on one thing to summon, and attempt it." Wanting to avoid getting hit with any errant items, Elsie relocated to a corner near the door to supervise.

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:43 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie was essentially teaching the opposite of what she'd taught last class. Her only regret was that she couldn't fit both charms into one class so as to not drag it out that much. Accio was arguably more important to master than depulso, but you never knew when the banishing charm might come in handy. She took attendance as the students filed and summoned their homework with a sweep of her wand, before getting up and approaching the board, where DEPULSO - The Banishing Charm was written out in yellow chalk.

"Last class we covered the summoning charm, and this class we'll be learning its counterpart. Just like accio, depulso is said to be one of the oldest charms known to wizards. Accio calls objects forth, depulso sends them away. However, while you can summon any object from anywhere with a summoning charm, the banishing charm banishes whatever the wand is aimed at. You can't banish something not with you."

The blonde professor continued, turning back to the students. "The light from the charm should be either red or white, and the only wand movement is a simple sweep of the wand at whatever you want to banish. The pronunciation is de-PUHL-so, which literally means 'to push away'. Just like last class, the same objects are set up for you to practice on." She moved towards the corner near the door, not wanting to be accidentally banished herself.

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie had given each of the students a small acorn for today's lesson. "Engorgio, or the Engorgment Charm, causes the target to swell up rapidly. It is dangerous because eventually whatever is swelling up will explode, which is why next class we will learn the counter-charm, reducio. Now, engorgio can be used on animals, so long as you can control the growth, but I would not recommend it unless absolutely necessary. Reducio might come more in handy, for, say, transporting pets. Please, never attempt to use either charm on a human being. You could seriously harm someone." The blonde woman plucked up a pear from her desk to demonstrate. "En-GOR-gee-oh," she said clearly, and in a circle of icy blue light, the pear grew to the size of a football, causing her to almost drop it before she shrunk it back down. "Try to get your acorns to the size of, say, an apple."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:32 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

It was Elsie's last class of the week, and thus she was both very tired and very relieved. Stifling a yawn, she tried her best to keep herself alert and awake while she waited for the students to come in. When they did, she stood up from her desk, hoping that keeping moving would make her out to look less exhausted. "Good afternoon everyone," she said simply. "Welcome back to another year at Hogwarts. Remember, everyone, you have your OWLs next year, and it's very important that you do well on them- regardless of your opinions on this class."

The blonde woman regarded the students with a small smile. "Names and houses for attendance, please, and tell me what charm you found most useful from last year. If the answer is none of them, then hold your peace." Elsie ran down the list of students as they spoke up, determined not to forget anyone.

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:50 pm
User Image
Katya Patrovna
HufflepuffFourth YearFourteen Years OldSingle

Katya was in a good mood when she walked into the Charms class, as it was one of her best subjects in school, and this was her last class before the weekend started for her. Because this was one of her better subjects, she didn't feel so self-conscious about being in the front row of the classroom.

She wasn't particularly thrilled though about having OWLs mentioned, after all, those were a whole year away, and she remembered how hard her sister studied for them. It was rather like how she was working on her NEWTs this term. It was also kinda wierd having to reintroduce herself to Professor Shoichet, but then she reasoned that there were a lot of kids at Hogwarts, and it must be hard trying to keep all of them straight. " Katya Patrovna, from Hufflepuff House. I thought the Glacius Charm was pretty useful, Professor Shoichet."

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "Black clouds are behind me, I now can see ahead
                  Often I wonder why I try hoping for an end
                  Sorrow weighs my shoulders down
                  And trouble haunts my mind
                  But I know the present will not last
                  And tomorrow will be kinder

Tomorrow will be kinder
                  It's true, I've seen it before
                  A brighter day is coming my way"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:35 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORHUFFLEPUFF HEADCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie faced the class once more, wiping chalk dust off her hand. "Now, accio has been around since wizarding history was first being recorded- it is even mentioned in the famous Tales of Beedle of the Bard. It was also famously used by a group of anti-muggle extremists known as the Accionites, due to their insistence on using magic for every action, no matter how simple it might be," she recalled with an amused look. "The spell quite literally means 'I summon', so you must say, 'Accio book, accio quill', and so on. And that's AK-key-oh."

User Image

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:25 pm
User Image
Katya Patrovna
HufflepuffFourth YearFourteen Years OldSingle

Katya was looking forward to this class, and not just because this was one of her favourite classes. She'd been reading ahead on the subject of the Summoning Charm, and now they'd be working on it in class. 'Practical magic' was how her sister phrased it, and Katya agreed with that assessment. Of course, Katya took down the notes for the lecture into her notebook, and while she found the history of the spell interesting, the anti-Muggle extremists were silly and disturbing to her way of thinking. Anyone using magic for literally everything was just plain lazy in her mind.

When the lecture was done, the Russian girl started practicing the Charm's verbal and somatic components, and when she was ready she took aim on a cute pair of slippers she spotted resting on a table not far from her. "Accio, slippers!" she intoned intently, as though she were one of the teachers. Instantly, a pair of slippers she wanted sailed across the intervening distance to her.

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "Black clouds are behind me, I now can see ahead
                  Often I wonder why I try hoping for an end
                  Sorrow weighs my shoulders down
                  And trouble haunts my mind
                  But I know the present will not last
                  And tomorrow will be kinder

Tomorrow will be kinder
                  It's true, I've seen it before
                  A brighter day is coming my way"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:10 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORHUFFLEPUFF HEADCHARMS PROFESSOR

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:47 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

User Image

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:20 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

OOC:
Username

Fourth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff