Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
Charms IV ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:32 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside.

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORHUFFLEPUFF HEADCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie had given each of the students a small acorn for today's lesson. "Engorgio, or the Engorgment Charm, causes the target to swell up rapidly. It is dangerous because eventually whatever is swelling up will explode, which is why next class we will learn the counter-charm, reducio. Now, engorgio can be used on animals, so long as you can control the growth, but I would not recommend it unless absolutely necessary. Reducio might come more in handy, for, say, transporting pets. Please, never attempt to use either charm on a human being. You could seriously harm someone." The blonde woman plucked up a pear from her desk to demonstrate. "En-GOR-gee-oh," she said clearly, and in a circle of icy blue light, the pear grew to the size of a football, causing her to almost drop it before she shrunk it back down. "Try to get your acorns to the size of, say, an apple."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

OOC:
Username

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-
The night’s so dark and grey;
But you’ve helped me find my way.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:48 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside.

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie was looking forward to a fairly relaxing class, as accio was not very hard to teach or to master, and she didn't think the students would have any issues with the practical part of the lesson. Besides, the set-up had been rather easy. When the students had come in and taken their seats, she quickly took attendance, and approached the board, writing Accio in sky blue chalk.

"Good afternoon, class," she turned back to them with a calm smile. "Today we'll be learning one of the most crucial charms you'll ever use- accio, the summoning charm. Notes out, please- it will help you with your out of class practice... and your OWL next year." The blonde professor turned back to the board, simultaneously writing out the spell's definition and lecturing. "Accio will cause any object at a distance to fly towards you, and it requires active thought to work properly- you have to really want, to need what you are attempting to summon."

Elsie faced the class once more, wiping chalk dust off her hand. "Now, accio has been around since wizarding history was first being recorded- it is even mentioned in the famous Tales of Beedle of the Bard. It was also famously used by a group of ant-muggle extremists known as the Accionites, due to their insistence on using magic for every action, no matter how simple it might be," she recalled with an amused look. "The spell quite literally means 'I summon', so you must say, 'Accio book, accio quill', and so on. And that's AK-key-oh."

She drew the wand movement required for the spell in yellow chalk, then smiled a little tiredly at them.

User Image

"See? Very simple. Now, I've arranged a number of common items all around the room- books, keys, quills, a jacket, a pair of slippers, and so forth. Standing at your desks, focus on one thing to summon, and attempt it." Wanting to avoid getting hit with any errant items, Elsie relocated to a corner near the door to supervise.

OOC:
Username

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-
The night’s so dark and grey;
But you’ve helped me find my way.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 4:51 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageFourth Year SlytherinUser Image

▬▬"People may tell me I mean a lot to them and I'm special to them,"▬▬

Vespera sat closer to the door of the classroom, but in the back. She hoped the seats around her would fill up quickly, and she wouldn't have to see Jonah, Sona, Iggy, Vinny.... just anyone she was kind of close to. Maybe the Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors would sit near her.. .she wasn't friends with many of them. she took out her notebook and began writing notes on accio, a very useful spell, she would be able to not move fro ma single spot, maybe be able to hide better. Vespera wrote the notes down, then practiced the wand movement of accio, which was deathly simple. She then said the spell, "Accio keys." a set of keys came zooming over to her. yes, this spell was going to be useful.

▬▬ "But I know there's someone they will always choose over me." ▬▬

Where: Charms
With Whom: fourth years
Thinking about: this is nice.
Vespera Description: Short 4'8", blond hair, green eyes and obvious loss of tan from previous years.
Wearing: school robes
OOC: waiting for Sona, Jonah, and Iggy

addaellis

_____

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:49 pm

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

fourth year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club
irregular attendee of Astronomy and Adventuring Club

"Ves! Sorry we took so long!" Sonora slipped into the seat next to Vespera with an oblivious smile. They had seen each other in Transfiguration, but Sona and Kam had gone to the Library to finish their assignment and check out a few books. She had meant to join back up with the rest of their friends during sixth block, but then she had distracted Kam with trying to find a particular book on Animagus theory.

In any case, Sona settled in between Kam and Ves, glancing around with a little surprise: Jonah and Iggy had mentioned something about fresh air instead of Library, but she figured Ves would have gone with one of the pairs? Had Vespera been alone these last two blocks?

When the lesson started, Sonora jotted a quick post-it note to check on Vespera after class. She jotted her questions in the margins for later studying. She’d spent most of the time she would have spent previewing reviewing last year’s material instead. No matter. It was still early in the year. When practice started, she spotted a pair of winged slippers not too far away and applied the same frame of mind she had for her favorite Waddiwasi charm: ”Accio slippers!”. The targeted slippers came flying over, and managed to snatch at least one before they hit anyone. The other one a second later was less in reach. ”Sorry!” At least it was a soft slipper!

Miss GryffindorK

Trickblues

Kungfudemoness

User Image User Image User Image
At the end of a storm is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark
Walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
♫♪
"You'll Never Walk Alone" by Gerry and the Pacemakers, cover by Celtic Women

addaellis