Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fifth Year Classes
Charms V ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:42 pm
CHARMS V
Professor Elsbeth Shoichet

User Image

Monday 3:00 PM - 3:45 PM
((This class updates on Saturdays in real time; students posted on or after Tuesday of that week will be considered late to class.))

SUPPLIES

- Your wand

- A quill and plenty of parchment and/or notebooks

- Your textbook

CLASS RULES

- Be on time; detentions will be given if you are consistently late.

- Come prepared; if you don't have what you need, you will not participate at all. It's as simple as that.

- Wands should be out and laid on your desks; do not attempt any charm until you are given the go-ahead to do so.

- Remain in your seats, and keep your hands and feet to yourselves. When magic is involved, showing some self-restraint and being aware of your surroundings is crucial.

- Raise your hand; no one can learn if everyone is talking over each other. There is a time and a place for idle chatter, and it's not when your professor or one of your peers is addressing the class.

- Do no harm. Unless specifically instructed to by the professor, no charms or spells of any sort should be directed at another person. If you attempt to injure someone else in this class, you will be removed from the class.

- Bullying, mocking, and/or ostracizing other students is not permitted in this room. Keep your personal disagreements out of this class; this is a learning environment, not somewhere for you to air your feuds. Anyone found to be bullying another student will face very harsh consequences for their actions.

LIST OF KNOWLEDGE

[ ] Silencio
[ ] Dancing Feet
[ ] Reducto
[ ] Repleo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:23 am
Listen to me, please sit down and stay-
I'm gonna build a house and hide away!
Gather timber from the ground...
I'll build a castle that won't fall down.
And when I'm done the clock will stop and from,
Our heads will come bright flowers.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie was riding the proverbial high from her first class of the day, and felt less pressured to be overtly formal and professor-like when dealing with the fifth years, whom she tentatively assumed were a good deal more mature and mellow than the second years. She was touching up some of what was written on the board; in one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over, as the students began to enter the room. When she was done she turned to face them, clapping her hands together to shake off any excess chalk dust. "Good afternoon everyone. I'm Professor Shoichet, and for those of you who will continue with Charms after your OWLs this year, I will be your Charms teacher until you graduate." She surveyed the class for a moment before continuing. "I understand that after four years here, you probably don't want to have to introduce yourselves, but I do need to be able to put faces to names. You can stay seated, but give me your name and your house, and the charm you found most useful last year, if you did find any of them useful."

OOC:
Username

I don't know, I can't contain my heartbeat-
I am dancing, shrouded by green trees!
I am whirling, wearing my sun feet;
And humming children to sleep.
I love to watch the light you spread to the room...
See how it dances from you to me to you.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:48 pm
Raymond Ara Yuko
Fifth Year Slytherin Prefect
Pureblood Parselmouth
Team Chaser

User Image User Image
                                                    Location : Charms - Monday @ 3:00pm

Taking a seat in his least favourite class, Raymond wasn’t looking forward to it. He didn’t have a fondness for charms. In fact he’d struggled with it for most of his life. Having a new professor didn’t help. He recalled seeing the blonde women at the staff table. However, he didn’t plan on continuing the class if things didn’t work out. At this point he just wanted to pass and he’d be lucky to do that. For whatever reason, he had a hard time with less complicated classes.

Sighing, Raymond raised his hand reluctantly. “Raymond Yuko, Slytherin.” He said before picking a spell that was at least semi-useful. “As far as a useful spell, Accio and the Shrinking charm could be useful…” He added. That was only if he could get them to work which he struggled at. It was annoying honestly. Though Raymond kept telling himself he only had to get through one more year.

With: Class...

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Hrm, rather intelligent, I see...
                                                    Not to mention you seem to have a tendency to think of yourself first...
                                                    I do believe this house is the perfect fit for you...
                                                    Slytherin!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:12 pm
Here comes a thought that might alarm me
What someone said and how it harmed me
Something I did that failed to be charming
Things that I said are suddenly swarming
User Image

αɢє 15 | αʠʌɇиτυɹɇя | sℓчтнєяιи ғιғтн чєαя ρяєғєcт

☆º°”˜`”°º☆ ★º°”˜`”°º★

ﻬஐ Caty walked into the charms room wondering how the new professor would be. It was only Monday afternoon so not a lot of people had had her to give the teen any real info so she'd just have to see for herself. Looking at the professor she seemd a bit young, which didn't really mean anything since by normal stands all the professors here were pretty young. Except for Professor Hill because she had no idea how old he really was. She didn't think her Da was telling her the truth when he said he was in the same year as him and Aintin Ama. She thinks he's one of those immortals who just live off darkness and such. It would certainly explain allot. She took a seat and pulled out her book and notebook and listened as the professor introduced herself, the class and only mentally groaned when she learned she'd have to introduce herself. Caty waited until someone went and pouted when Raymond went and named the exact spells she had wanted to use. Rude. When it was her turn she had to wrack her brain to figure out another one. "I'm Caty Blake, Slytherin, and...I found the flame-freezing charm pretty useful." For entertainment value maybe.ஐﻬ

Quote:
Quote:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And, oh, I'm losing sight, I'm losing touch
All these little things seem to matter so much
That they confuse me
That I might lose me

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:01 pm

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie had just finished rushing around the room when the fifth years entered; she appeared slightly out of breath. With a wavering smile she walked over to her desk and sat down to take attendance, the three o'clock bell echoing through the courtyard outside. "Good afternoon, class," she said brightly, before getting to her feet and approaching the board. "Today we will be learning about and attempting the silencing charm."

In purple chalk she briskly began to write the definition on the board, expecting them to keep up with their notes. "The silencing charm has exactly one purpose, which is to render a beast or being mute, albeit it for a limited time. Its origins are unknown, but it is immensely difficult to cast correctly, and certainly not on the first try, so try not to get too frustrated today. However, it is extremely crucial that you go about attempting it the right way, as it can have some extremely unpleasant effects if done haphazardly." The blonde woman put down the chalk, turning back to the class, and folded her arms across her chest momentarily, tone growing more serious.

"You're all also old enough to understand the potential for misuse of this charm. Silencio is not something to be thrown about lightly. It is for situations in which an excessive amount of noise could cause harm. This is not a charm you cast on anyone, be they human or not, for a laugh or for some other petty reason. You could inadvertently suffocate someone. You could send someone into a panic attack. This charm removes bodily autonomy, and I don't want to ever hear about one of my students taking that lightly. Do not abuse it. Have I made myself perfectly clear?" Elsie regarded them silently for a moment, until she felt they'd gotten the message, then turned back to the board to briefly sketch the wand movement for the charm.

"The pronunciation should be si-LEN-see-oh. Alright. Time for your first attempt." She waved her wands, and a disillusionment charm fell away, revealing at least a dozen cages all around the room, full of sleeping owls. On the desk beside her, an alarm clock went off. The owls, abruptly awoken, reacted as angry owls were wont to do. By screeching and hooting furiously, all at once.

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:04 pm

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie did not particularly enjoy teaching the dancing feet charm, as she privately thought it rather idiot and basic to be using during a duel, and didn't know what else you would use for it, as it wasn't terribly funny to watch after more than a few moments. She had a series of chairs of varying shapes and sizes set up in the front of the room, and silently took attendance before collecting the homework with a sweep of her wand as the students took their seats.

"Tarantallegra, also known as the dancing feet charm, should really be regarded as more of a jinx, as it is typically used in duels or in jest. Much like silencio, it removes bodily autonomy from the victim, specifically in their legs, and forces them to dance wildly. It can also be cast on objects with legs, and is said to have caused the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius when a Roman warlock, Zaccaria Innocenti, caused the mountain to 'dance'." The blonde smiled grimly.

"In order to properly cast the charm you need a clear, unobstructed view of the target, which makes casting it from any great distance very difficult. The wand movement required is also rather complex, and will take a good deal of practice to perfect." Elsie drew said wand movement on the board in purple chalk:

"The light of this charm should be green. I want you all to take turns practicing on these chairs set up here in the front."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:08 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie was riding the proverbial high from her first class of the day, and felt less pressured to be overtly formal and professor-like when dealing with the fifth years, whom she tentatively assumed were a good deal more mature and mellow than the second years. She was touching up some of what was written on the board; in one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over, as the students began to enter the room. When she was done she turned to face them, clapping her hands together to shake off any excess chalk dust. "Good afternoon everyone. I hope a good number of you plan to continue with Charms after your OWLs this year, and pursue the NEWTs course." She surveyed the class for a moment before continuing. "Names and houses, everyone, dull as it might be, and the charm you found most useful last year, if any."

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:57 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Fifth Year Fifteen Years OldSingle

Charms had always came easily for Fianna, which was a good thing considering how many spells and classes she had were based upon what they learned in this class. Even so, she studied the materials she had over the summer very seriously, as she didn't want to be overconfident and blow the OWL. Raising her hand, she offered, "Fianna Grey from Gryffindor House, Professor Shoichet. Um, I found Accio to be a very useful spell."

OOC:
Username

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:17 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie had just finished rushing around the room when the fifth years entered; she appeared slightly out of breath. With a wavering smile she walked over to her desk and sat down to take attendance, the three o'clock bell echoing through the courtyard outside. "Good afternoon, class," she said brightly, before getting to her feet and approaching the board. "Today we will be learning about and attempting the silencing charm."

In purple chalk she briskly began to write the definition on the board, expecting them to keep up with their notes. "The silencing charm has exactly one purpose, which is to render a beast or being mute, albeit it for a limited time. Its origins are unknown, but it is immensely difficult to cast correctly, and certainly not on the first try, so try not to get too frustrated today. However, it is extremely crucial that you go about attempting it the right way, as it can have some extremely unpleasant effects if done haphazardly." The blonde woman put down the chalk, turning back to the class, and folded her arms across her chest momentarily, tone growing more serious.

"You're all also old enough to understand the potential for misuse of this charm. Silencio is not something to be thrown about lightly. It is for situations in which an excessive amount of noise could cause harm. This is not a charm you cast on anyone, be they human or not, for a laugh or for some other petty reason. You could inadvertently suffocate someone. You could send someone into a panic attack. This charm removes bodily autonomy, and I don't want to ever hear about one of my students taking that lightly. Do not abuse it. Have I made myself perfectly clear?" Elsie regarded them silently for a moment, until she felt they'd gotten the message, then turned back to the board to briefly sketch the wand movement for the charm.

"The pronunciation should be si-LEN-see-oh. Alright. Time for your first attempt." She waved her wands, and a disillusionment charm fell away, revealing at least a dozen cages all around the room, full of sleeping owls. On the desk beside her, an alarm clock went off. The owls, abruptly awoken, reacted as angry owls were wont to do. By screeching and hooting furiously, all at once.

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:34 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie did not particularly enjoy teaching the dancing feet charm, as she privately thought it rather idiot and basic to be using during a duel, and didn't know what else you would use for it, as it wasn't terribly funny to watch after more than a few moments. She had a series of chairs of varying shapes and sizes set up in the front of the room, and silently took attendance before collecting the homework with a sweep of her wand as the students took their seats.

"Tarantallegra, also known as the dancing feet charm, should really be regarded as more of a jinx, as it is typically used in duels or in jest. Much like silencio, it removes bodily autonomy from the victim, specifically in their legs, and forces them to dance wildly. It can also be cast on objects with legs, and is said to have caused the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius when a Roman warlock, Zaccaria Innocenti, caused the mountain to 'dance'." The blonde smiled grimly.

"In order to properly cast the charm you need a clear, unobstructed view of the target, which makes casting it from any great distance very difficult. The wand movement required is also rather complex, and will take a good deal of practice to perfect." Elsie drew said wand movement on the board in purple chalk:

"The light of this charm should be green. I want you all to take turns practicing on these chairs set up here in the front."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:47 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Fifth Year Fifteen Years OldSingle

Fianna made a point of studying her Charms seriously, even though she had a real talent for the subject as her sister did. She also took pains to study ahead as she knew she couldn't afford to fall behind, not when OWLs were waiting for them at the end of the year. It was because of this she was privately glad her House's Quidditch season was over as soon as it was.

When the professor finished her lesson, Fianna volunteered to go first, figuring she should be the brave one. She'd studied the wand movement and felt confident enough to give it a go. Taking aim on an armchair, she started her attempt. "Tarantallegra!" she intoned, allowing her wand to go through the complex somatic movement, almost as though it had a mind of its own.

The chair shuddered briefly and then started dancing, Fianna impishly gestured with her wand again, and caused the arms of the chair to go straight down, and it started tap-dancing in a rather bizarre-looking mimicry of Irish step-dancing. Fianna couldn't help but chuckle softly at the results.

OOC:
Username

We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:18 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie was riding the proverbial high from her first class of the day, and felt less pressured to be overtly formal and professor-like when dealing with the fifth years, whom she tentatively assumed were a good deal more mature and mellow than the second years. She was touching up some of what was written on the board; in one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over, as the students began to enter the room. When she was done she turned to face them, clapping her hands together to shake off any excess chalk dust. "Good afternoon everyone. I hope a good number of you plan to continue with Charms after your OWLs this year, and pursue the NEWTs course." She surveyed the class for a moment before continuing. "Names and houses, everyone, dull as it might be, and the charm you found most useful last year, if any."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:34 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside.

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

OOC:
Username

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-
The night’s so dark and grey;
But you’ve helped me find my way.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:38 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:38 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

OOC:
Username

Fifth Year Classes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff