Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fifth Year Classes
Charms V ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:56 pm
User Image

P E T E RxxxW H Y T E

FIFTHxYEAR xxxxxxRAVENCLAWxxxxxxMUGGLEBORN

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Charms was one of the more boring classes, Peter found. Not a bad subject, but Peter found it harder to concentrate in this class than in many others. It didn't mean that he'd slack off though, it just took a little more effort to perform to his usual standards. Arriving late wasn't a part of 'putting in effort', but that wasn't intentional and Peter's face felt hot as he apologised to Professor Shoichet. He took his seat and listened to her short speech before speaking up when it was his turn. "I'm Peter Whyte from Ravenclaw, and I thought 'accio' was the most useful charm we studied last year."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                            a txxCharms classxxxxxw i t hxxclassmates, Professor Shoichet
                                                            f e e l i n gxxembarrassedxxxxxw e a r i n gxxhis uniform

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        - - - - - - - - -

username

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:02 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie had just finished rushing around the room when the fifth years entered; she appeared slightly out of breath. With a wavering smile she walked over to her desk and sat down to take attendance, the three o'clock bell echoing through the courtyard outside. "Good afternoon, class," she said brightly, before getting to her feet and approaching the board. "Today we will be learning about and attempting the silencing charm."

In purple chalk she briskly began to write the definition on the board, expecting them to keep up with their notes. "The silencing charm has exactly one purpose, which is to render a beast or being mute, albeit it for a limited time. Its origins are unknown, but it is immensely difficult to cast correctly, and certainly not on the first try, so try not to get too frustrated today. However, it is extremely crucial that you go about attempting it the right way, as it can have some extremely unpleasant effects if done haphazardly." The blonde woman put down the chalk, turning back to the class, and folded her arms across her chest momentarily, tone growing more serious.

"You're all also old enough to understand the potential for misuse of this charm. Silencio is not something to be thrown about lightly. It is for situations in which an excessive amount of noise could cause harm. This is not a charm you cast on anyone, be they human or not, for a laugh or for some other petty reason. You could inadvertently suffocate someone. You could send someone into a panic attack. This charm removes bodily autonomy, and I don't want to ever hear about one of my students taking that lightly. Do not abuse it. Have I made myself perfectly clear?" Elsie regarded them silently for a moment, until she felt they'd gotten the message, then turned back to the board to briefly sketch the wand movement for the charm.

"The pronunciation should be si-LEN-see-oh. Alright. Time for your first attempt." She waved her wands, and a disillusionment charm fell away, revealing at least a dozen cages all around the room, full of sleeping owls. On the desk beside her, an alarm clock went off. The owls, abruptly awoken, reacted as angry owls were wont to do. By screeching and hooting furiously, all at once.

OOC:
Username

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-
The night’s so dark and grey;
But you’ve helped me find my way.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:17 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie did not particularly enjoy teaching the dancing feet charm, as she privately thought it rather idiot and basic to be using during a duel, and didn't know what else you would use for it, as it wasn't terribly funny to watch after more than a few moments. She had a series of chairs of varying shapes and sizes set up in the front of the room, and silently took attendance before collecting the homework with a sweep of her wand as the students took their seats.

"Tarantallegra, also known as the dancing feet charm, should really be regarded as more of a jinx, as it is typically used in duels or in jest. Much like silencio, it removes bodily autonomy from the victim, specifically in their legs, and forces them to dance wildly. It can also be cast on objects with legs, and is said to have caused the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius when a Roman warlock, Zaccaria Innocenti, caused the mountain to 'dance'." The blonde smiled grimly.

"In order to properly cast the charm you need a clear, unobstructed view of the target, which makes casting it from any great distance very difficult. The wand movement required is also rather complex, and will take a good deal of practice to perfect." Elsie drew said wand movement on the board in purple chalk:

"The light of this charm should be green. I want you all to take turns practicing on these chairs set up here in the front."

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:45 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie leaned against the bust of some old, nameless wizard, which she'd blown up the size of a person. "Today we'll be learning what is actually a curse, the reductor curse, to be exact. Simply put, it breaks things, violently. Which is why we'll all be practicing on this giant bust, sort of like a pinata, instead of using individual objects. I don't want to be cleaning up forever," she remarked wryly. "So, like so- re-DUCK-toh," she exclaimed, moving her wand in a V at the giant bust, and a crack appeared with a flash of blue light, pieces of marble flaking off. "Now all of you, one at a time, please."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:51 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie was riding the proverbial high from her first class of the day, and felt less pressured to be overtly formal and professor-like when dealing with the fifth years, whom she tentatively assumed were a good deal more mature and mellow than the second years. She was touching up some of what was written on the board; in one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over, as the students began to enter the room. When she was done she turned to face them, clapping her hands together to shake off any excess chalk dust. "Good afternoon everyone. I hope a good number of you plan to continue with Charms after your OWLs this year, and pursue the NEWTs course." She surveyed the class for a moment before continuing. "Names and houses, everyone, dull as it might be, and the charm you found most useful last year, if any."

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:22 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie had just finished rushing around the room when the fifth years entered; she appeared slightly out of breath. With a wavering smile she walked over to her desk and sat down to take attendance, the three o'clock bell echoing through the courtyard outside. "Good afternoon, class," she said brightly, before getting to her feet and approaching the board. "Today we will be learning about and attempting the silencing charm."

In purple chalk she briskly began to write the definition on the board, expecting them to keep up with their notes. "The silencing charm has exactly one purpose, which is to render a beast or being mute, albeit it for a limited time. Its origins are unknown, but it is immensely difficult to cast correctly, and certainly not on the first try, so try not to get too frustrated today. However, it is extremely crucial that you go about attempting it the right way, as it can have some extremely unpleasant effects if done haphazardly." The blonde woman put down the chalk, turning back to the class, and folded her arms across her chest momentarily, tone growing more serious.

"You're all also old enough to understand the potential for misuse of this charm. Silencio is not something to be thrown about lightly. It is for situations in which an excessive amount of noise could cause harm. This is not a charm you cast on anyone, be they human or not, for a laugh or for some other petty reason. You could inadvertently suffocate someone. You could send someone into a panic attack. This charm removes bodily autonomy, and I don't want to ever hear about one of my students taking that lightly. Do not abuse it. Have I made myself perfectly clear?" Elsie regarded them silently for a moment, until she felt they'd gotten the message, then turned back to the board to briefly sketch the wand movement for the charm.

"The pronunciation should be si-LEN-see-oh. Alright. Time for your first attempt." She waved her wands, and a disillusionment charm fell away, revealing at least a dozen cages all around the room, full of sleeping owls. On the desk beside her, an alarm clock went off. The owls, abruptly awoken, reacted as angry owls were wont to do. By screeching and hooting furiously, all at once.

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:54 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie did not particularly enjoy teaching the dancing feet charm, as she privately thought it rather idiot and basic to be using during a duel, and didn't know what else you would use for it, as it wasn't terribly funny to watch after more than a few moments. She had a series of chairs of varying shapes and sizes set up in the front of the room, and silently took attendance before collecting the homework with a sweep of her wand as the students took their seats.

"Tarantallegra, also known as the dancing feet charm, should really be regarded as more of a jinx, as it is typically used in duels or in jest. Much like silencio, it removes bodily autonomy from the victim, specifically in their legs, and forces them to dance wildly. It can also be cast on objects with legs, and is said to have caused the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius when a Roman warlock, Zaccaria Innocenti, caused the mountain to 'dance'." The blonde smiled grimly.

"In order to properly cast the charm you need a clear, unobstructed view of the target, which makes casting it from any great distance very difficult. The wand movement required is also rather complex, and will take a good deal of practice to perfect." Elsie drew said wand movement on the board in purple chalk:

"The light of this charm should be green. I want you all to take turns practicing on these chairs set up here in the front."

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:42 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie leaned against the bust of some old, nameless wizard, which she'd blown up the size of a person. "Today we'll be learning what is actually a curse, the reductor curse, to be exact. Simply put, it breaks things, violently. Which is why we'll all be practicing on this giant bust, sort of like a pinata, instead of using individual objects. I don't want to be cleaning up forever," she remarked wryly. "So, like so- re-DUCK-toh," she exclaimed, moving her wand in a V at the giant bust, and a crack appeared with a flash of blue light, pieces of marble flaking off. "Now all of you, one at a time, please."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:22 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie was riding the proverbial high from her first class of the day, and felt less pressured to be overtly formal and professor-like when dealing with the fifth years, whom she tentatively assumed were a good deal more mature and mellow than the second years. She was touching up some of what was written on the board; in one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over, as the students began to enter the room. When she was done she turned to face them, clapping her hands together to shake off any excess chalk dust. "Good afternoon everyone. I hope a good number of you plan to continue with Charms after your OWLs this year, and pursue the NEWTs course." She surveyed the class for a moment before continuing. "Names and houses, everyone, dull as it might be, and the charm you found most useful last year, if any."

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:42 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:21 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:22 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:02 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:30 am
User Image
Faina Patrovna
Slytherin PrefectFifth YearFifteen Years OldSingle
Dueling Club Captain

For Faina, Charms was one of her more important classes, and one she always tried to do well in, and there was no question in her mind she'd be sticking with the class all the way to the end of her schooling. If she wanted to be an Auror, this was one of those classes she needed to do well in. Raising her hand, she figured she might as well go first in doing the introductions. "Faina Patrovna from Slytherin House. The Charm I saw most use of from last term was the Summoning Charm."

OOC:
Username

User Image
                      "And you ask me what I want this year
                      And I try to make this kind and clear
                      Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
                      Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
                      And desire and love and empty things
                      Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days."

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:46 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

OOC:
Username

Fifth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff