Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Sixth Year Classes
Charms VI ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:44 pm
CHARMS VI
Professor Elsbeth Shoichet

User Image

Thursday 9:00 AM - 9:45 AM
((This class updates on Saturdays in real time; students posted on or after Tuesday of that week will be considered late to class.))

SUPPLIES

- Your wand

- A quill and plenty of parchment and/or notebooks

- Your textbook

CLASS RULES

- Be on time; detentions will be given if you are consistently late.

- Come prepared; if you don't have what you need, you will not participate at all. It's as simple as that.

- Wands should be out and laid on your desks; do not attempt any charm until you are given the go-ahead to do so.

- Remain in your seats, and keep your hands and feet to yourselves. When magic is involved, showing some self-restraint and being aware of your surroundings is crucial.

- Raise your hand; no one can learn if everyone is talking over each other. There is a time and a place for idle chatter, and it's not when your professor or one of your peers is addressing the class.

- Do no harm. Unless specifically instructed to by the professor, no charms or spells of any sort should be directed at another person. If you attempt to injure someone else in this class, you will be removed from the class.

- Bullying, mocking, and/or ostracizing other students is not permitted in this room. Keep your personal disagreements out of this class; this is a learning environment, not somewhere for you to air your feuds. Anyone found to be bullying another student will face very harsh consequences for their actions.

LIST OF KNOWLEDGE

[ ] Aguamenti
[ ] Dazzling Hex
[ ] Avis
[ ] Non Verbal Spells

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:24 am
Listen to me, please sit down and stay-
I'm gonna build a house and hide away!
Gather timber from the ground...
I'll build a castle that won't fall down.
And when I'm done the clock will stop and from,
Our heads will come bright flowers.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie taught the sixth years and third years on Thursdays, and she was hoping her morning class would naturally be the more composed and mature of the two classes. Then again, she remembered her sixth year... She studied the board, making sure she had everything she'd wanted up there on it: in one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over, as the students began to enter the room. "Good morning everyone," she greeted the class when everyone had taken their seats. "First I want to congratulate you all on your OWLs, and for choosing to continue with this subject for these next two years. I'm Professor Shoichet, and I'll be preparing you for your NEWTs next year, but as you're all nearly adults, you'll be expected to in turn prepare yourselves for the exam." Elsie thought she might as well get that out of the way now; they didn't need her to coddle them, if they were serious about taking an advanced charms exam. "I do need everyone to give me their name and house, so I can get a sense of who is who, and if anyone has any comments on the OWL or questions about the NEWT, feel free to speak up." She was trying to be a bit more straightforward and serious with the older years, seeing as this was a bit more intense than say, the second year curriculum. Nonverbal magic was not to be taken lightly, and she was pleased with the changes to the subject matter that had been made since she was a student herself.

OOC:
Graydon Ironshield

murruelecreuset

Miss GryffindorK

Essy ze Ninja

Emrys Storm

Diamond Wales

mc2

The Shiny Furret

I don't know, I can't contain my heartbeat-
I am dancing, shrouded by green trees!
I am whirling, wearing my sun feet;
And humming children to sleep.
I love to watch the light you spread to the room...
See how it dances from you to me to you.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:19 pm
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey
Hufflepuff PrefectSixth YearSixteen Years OldSingle

After getting an O in her Charms OWL, Hannah felt very sure of herself when she came into her Sixth Year class. She was also glad to see Professor Amarocho wasn't standing at the front of the class; while Linny revered and adored her old Head of House, Hannah found him to be a tough grader and a formidable figure. the new teacher didn't seem much older than her students in this class, making her wonder if the professor was a recent graduate of the school.

"Hannah Grey, from Hufflepuff House, professor," she said, after raising her hand and being recognized. "Um, I do have a question about NEWTs. Just what all is involved with them? My cousin put herself in the Hospital Wing several times last term studying for them; exhaustion, usually. Are they really that tough?"

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:16 am
User Image

User ImageUser Image

With an Outstanding in charms one could say that Emma was prepared for her NEWT level class. However, that wasn’t the case as she’d been running on auto pilot all week. Her mind was elsewhere and certainly not on classes. If anyone were to have asked why, she probably couldn’t explain it very well. However, here she was sitting in charms next to Hannah trying to focus on the fact they had a new professor.

“Good morning Professor, I’m Emma Bailey, Hufflepuff.” Emma gave her quick introduction. With that out of the way she couldn’t think about anything on the OWL, mainly because her thoughts were anywhere but on her test from last year. The moment it was over the Hufflepuff stopped worrying about it. Who wouldn’t? Either way she was sure that Professor Shoichet’s would be a nice professor. She certainly seemed nice at least.

With: Class... Hannah, Professor Shoichet

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

Somewhere you'll fit in huh?
                                      A loyal friend like you?
                                      I think you'll have no trouble fitting in here!
                                      Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:33 pm

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie didn't have to much preparation for the practical part of this lesson, aside from procuring a box of candles, and so seemed rather relaxed when the sixth years entered, finishing writing Aguamenti in turquoise chalk on the board. "Good afternoon, class," she greeted them enthusiastically, and went down her list for attendance. "Hannah, to answer your question last class about the NEWT, the exam is entirely practical, meaning you will be graded solely on your actual demonstration of the charms. I cannot tell you what charms you will be tested on, of course, but they are designed to be rigorous tests of school. They should not, however, be landing anyone in the hospital wing- studying to the point of exhaustion will not help you during the exam. I would suggest that all of you come up with studying plans for next year, and pace yourselves depending on your total amount of exams." She looked up, raised an eyebrow, and then stood up to go to the board.

"You all learned incendio as first years, but as aguamenti, the water-conjuring charm, is far more difficult, you are learning it now. That's essentially the definition: it creates a stream of clear water, the force of which varies depending on your intent and skill level. This charm is also technically a Transfiguration spells, as conjuring is an advanced form of the transfiguring. It creates, rather than transforms."

The blonde woman turned back to the board to draw the wand movement for the charm.

"The pronunciation is AGUA-menti. Come up and take a candle from my desk, light it, and get started."

OOC:
Graydon Ironshield

murruelecreuset

Miss GryffindorK

Essy ze Ninja

Emrys Storm

Diamond Wales

mc2

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:16 pm

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

There was a noticeable chill in the room; all of the windows were wide open. Elsie was warm enough at her desk, thanks to a warming charm cast on the area, but shuddered a little as she stood after taking attendance and collecting the homework. A few birds had been doodled on the blackboard.

"Good morning everyone! I apologize for the windows, but we'll get to that soon enough. Today we'll be learning the bird-conjuring charm, or, avis." She approached the blackboard, chalk in one hand, wand in the other. "Avis is technically a form of advanced transfiguration, as it conjures living beings into existence. This alone makes it exceptionally difficult to master, and thus a NEWT level charm. The side effects of miscasting avis can be extremely... grotesque, so I'd advise everyone to pay close attention," the blonde added in warning. She did not want to be cleaning up severed bird heads at the end of class.

"Avis shoots birds from the tip of the wand, and makes a sound much like a muggle gunshot, smoke and all. The light should be pure blue, and the incantation is AH-viss, not AI-viss. The wand movement even looks a good deal like a bird in flight." Elsie drew it quickly on the board:

"Now, I want everyone to come up to these windows, and cast outside. I don't want anyone being attacked by birds, birds hitting the ceiling and walls, or having to clean up feathers when we're through."

OOC:
Graydon Ironshield

murruelecreuset

Miss GryffindorK

Essy ze Ninja

Emrys Storm

Diamond Wales

mc2

The Shiny Furret

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:18 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie taught the sixth years and third years on Thursdays, and she was hoping her morning class would naturally be the more composed and mature of the two classes. Then again, she remembered her sixth year... She studied the board, making sure she had everything she'd wanted up there on it: in one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over, as the students began to enter the room. "Good morning everyone," she greeted the class when everyone had taken their seats. "First I want to congratulate you all on your OWLs, and for choosing to continue with this subject for these next two years. As you're all nearly adults, you'll be expected to in turn prepare yourselves for the NEWT exam." Elsie thought she might as well get that out of the way now; they didn't need her to coddle them, if they were serious about taking an advanced charms exam. "Names and houses while I go through attendance, and if anyone has any comments on the OWL or questions about the NEWT, feel free to speak up." She was trying to be a bit more straightforward and serious with the older years, seeing as this was a bit more intense than say, the second year curriculum. Nonverbal magic was not to be taken lightly, and she was pleased with the changes to the subject matter that had been made since she was a student herself.

OOC:
Yukina101

Cara MiaKitty

Summer II

Devlyn Maycry

Jade Galaksylph

The Shiny Furret

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:52 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie didn't have to much preparation for the practical part of this lesson, aside from procuring a box of candles, and so seemed rather relaxed when the sixth years entered, finishing writing Aguamenti in turquoise chalk on the board. "Good afternoon, class," she greeted them enthusiastically, and went down her list for attendance. "Hannah, to answer your question last class about the NEWT, the exam is entirely practical, meaning you will be graded solely on your actual demonstration of the charms. I cannot tell you what charms you will be tested on, of course, but they are designed to be rigorous tests of school. They should not, however, be landing anyone in the hospital wing- studying to the point of exhaustion will not help you during the exam. I would suggest that all of you come up with studying plans for next year, and pace yourselves depending on your total amount of exams." She looked up, raised an eyebrow, and then stood up to go to the board.

"You all learned incendio as first years, but as aguamenti, the water-conjuring charm, is far more difficult, you are learning it now. That's essentially the definition: it creates a stream of clear water, the force of which varies depending on your intent and skill level. This charm is also technically a Transfiguration spells, as conjuring is an advanced form of the transfiguring. It creates, rather than transforms."

The blonde woman turned back to the board to draw the wand movement for the charm.

"The pronunciation is AGUA-menti. Come up and take a candle from my desk, light it, and get started."

OOC:
Yukina101

Cara MiaKitty

Summer II

Devlyn Maycry

Jade Galaksylph

The Shiny Furret

Diamond Wales

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:44 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

There was a noticeable chill in the room; all of the windows were wide open. Elsie was warm enough at her desk, thanks to a warming charm cast on the area, but shuddered a little as she stood after taking attendance and collecting the homework. A few birds had been doodled on the blackboard.

"Good morning everyone! I apologize for the windows, but we'll get to that soon enough. Today we'll be learning the bird-conjuring charm, or, avis." She approached the blackboard, chalk in one hand, wand in the other. "Avis is technically a form of advanced transfiguration, as it conjures living beings into existence. This alone makes it exceptionally difficult to master, and thus a NEWT level charm. The side effects of miscasting avis can be extremely... grotesque, so I'd advise everyone to pay close attention," the blonde added in warning. She did not want to be cleaning up severed bird heads at the end of class.

"Avis shoots birds from the tip of the wand, and makes a sound much like a muggle gunshot, smoke and all. The light should be pure blue, and the incantation is AH-viss, not AI-viss. The wand movement even looks a good deal like a bird in flight." Elsie drew it quickly on the board:

"Now, I want everyone to come up to these windows, and cast outside. I don't want anyone being attacked by birds, birds hitting the ceiling and walls, or having to clean up feathers when we're through."

OOC:
Yukina101

Cara MiaKitty

Summer II

Devlyn Maycry

Jade Galaksylph

The Shiny Furret

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:22 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie taught the sixth years and third years on Thursdays, and she was hoping her morning class would naturally be the more composed and mature of the two classes. Then again, she remembered her sixth year... She studied the board, making sure she had everything she'd wanted up there on it: in one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over, as the students began to enter the room. "Good morning everyone," she greeted the class when everyone had taken their seats. "First I want to congratulate you all on your OWLs, and for choosing to continue with this subject for these next two years. As you're all nearly adults, you'll be expected to in turn prepare yourselves for the NEWT exam." Elsie thought she might as well get that out of the way now; they didn't need her to coddle them, if they were serious about taking an advanced charms exam. "Names and houses while I go through attendance, and if anyone has any comments on the OWL or questions about the NEWT, feel free to speak up." She was trying to be a bit more straightforward and serious with the older years, seeing as this was a bit more intense than say, the second year curriculum. Nonverbal magic was not to be taken lightly, and she was pleased with the changes to the subject matter that had been made since she was a student herself.

OOC:
Yukina101

Cara MiaKitty

Essy ze Ninja

Graydon Ironshield

Red Hot Missy

The Shiny Furret

Diamond Wales

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:28 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Sixth Year Sixteen Years OldSingle

Fianna was in a good mood, knowing she needed on to get through these next two periods, and aside from one class on Friday she had the weekend free. Not that she was slacking, she'd do all her homework and studying ahead today and tomorrow, but then the weekend was her's. Charms was one of those classes she actually liked, as the work came easily for her, and she liked Professor Shoichet. Fianna raised her hand, and offered, "Fianna Grey, Gryffindor House. I have a question, Professor Shoichet. I've heard the Charms NEWT is entirely a practical exam, and there's no written portion. Is that true? My older cousin told me she took all her exams Wandless; is that a requirement for the Charms NEWT if we're also taking Professor Denier's NEWT class as well?"

OOC:
Username

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
                  Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:53 pm
User Image
                                                  I can't sleep tonight. Wide awake and so confused. Everything's in line, but I am bruised.
                                                  I need a voice to echo. I need a light to take me home. I kinda need a hero, is it you?

ℳ𝓸𝓷𝓲𝓴𝓪 𝓣𝓪𝔂𝓵𝓸𝓻 𝓔𝓿𝓪𝓷𝓼
                                                  Sixth Year / Ravenclaw / Muggleborn

I never see the forest for the trees. I could really use your melody.
                                                  Baby I'm a little blind. I think it's time for you to find me.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Monika entered the Charms classroom and immediately took her seat. She was having a decent day so far. She had a lot of classes, as she had for the last several years, but it wasn't anything she couldn't handle. She took out her textbook, setting it on her desk to do some reading, figuring they weren't going to be doing much more than a review of some sort today. Their professor congratulated them all on making it this far, all of them having to have scored high enough on their OWL exams to attend this class. She then asked if anyone had any questions about the exam, which Fianna Grey took her up on. Monika, however, didn't have any questions. She had earned a perfect score on her OWL, having prepared for it very well, and thus didn't have anything to ask about it. Instead, she took the time to start reading and preparing for the next lesson.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Can you be my nightingale? Sing to me, I know you're there.
                                                  You could be my sanity, but bring me peace. Sing me to sleep.
                                                  Say you'll be my nightingale.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:37 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside.

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

OOC:
Yukina101

Cara MiaKitty

Essy ze Ninja

Graydon Ironshield

Red Hot Missy

The Shiny Furret

Diamond Wales

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-
The night’s so dark and grey;
But you’ve helped me find my way.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:06 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Sixth Year Sixteen Years OldSingle

With the weekend nearly in her sights, Fianna was in a good mood, knowing she needed on to get through these next two periods, and aside from one class on Friday she would have her weekend free. She'd found it odd being called by older sister's name last class; the red-haired Gryffindor couldn't recall ever being mistaken for tall, willowy, indigo-haired Hannah, but then the professor had many students and it was easy to get them mixed up. As it was, she got a partial answer to her question, and for now it would suffice.

After taking down her lecture notes, Fianna went up and collected a candle from the box on Professor Shoichet's desk. Gesturing with her fingers she lit the candle with a simple, quick incantation, before going back to her desk to get busy with the class assignment. Taking Alchemy helped her with this class, as it gave the young lioness more confidence when it came to tackling advanced spellwork.

Practicing the wandwork and the incantation a couple times, Fianna cleared her throat, and intoned, "Aguamenti!" Like a frog's tongue flicking out, a jet of water erupted from the tip of her wand, snuffing the flame in the moment it existed. Pleased with her work, Fianna dried the candle so she could practice the spell again.

OOC:
Username

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:40 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside.

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

OOC:
Yukina101

Cara MiaKitty

Essy ze Ninja

Graydon Ironshield

Red Hot Missy

The Shiny Furret

Diamond Wales

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-