Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Sixth Year Classes
Charms VI ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:44 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie taught the sixth years and third years on Thursdays, and she was hoping her morning class would naturally be the more composed and mature of the two classes. Then again, she remembered her sixth year... She studied the board, making sure she had everything she'd wanted up there on it: in one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over, as the students began to enter the room. "Good morning everyone," she greeted the class when everyone had taken their seats. "First I want to congratulate you all on your OWLs, and for choosing to continue with this subject for these next two years. As you're all nearly adults, you'll be expected to in turn prepare yourselves for the NEWT exam." Elsie thought she might as well get that out of the way now; they didn't need her to coddle them, if they were serious about taking an advanced charms exam. "Names and houses while I go through attendance, and if anyone has any comments on the OWL or questions about the NEWT, feel free to speak up." She was trying to be a bit more straightforward and serious with the older years, seeing as this was a bit more intense than say, the second year curriculum. Nonverbal magic was not to be taken lightly, and she was pleased with the changes to the subject matter that had been made since she was a student herself.

OOC:
murruelecreuset

Cara MiaKitty

Yukina101

Miss GryffindorK

Essy ze Ninja

oyehh

Diamond Wales

kiska166

Red Hot Missy

Julian Galaksylph

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-
The night’s so dark and grey;
But you’ve helped me find my way.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:52 pm
User Image 

R E Y N AxxxW H Y T E

SIXTHxYEAR xxxxxxSLYTHERINxPREFECTxxxxxxBEATER

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Rey didn't mind Charms, it wasn't her best subject, but it certainly wasn't her worst and Professor Shoichet tried her best to make them understand the subject matter, which Rey could appreciate. She might have been a couple of minutes late, but she apologised to the professor and sat down, taking a few quicks notes before listening. She'd have hoped that after a few years of teaching them, the professor might remember their names and houses but when it was her turn to speak up, she did so without a complaint since it wasn't that much of a bother. "Reyna Whyte, professor, Slytherin." She didn't have any questions to ask yet, but Rey knew she'd think of some before the end of the year, getting a good score in her NEWT wouldn't be easy.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
                                                          ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓ 
                                                          a txxCharms classxxxxxw i t hxxclassmates, Professor Shoichet 
                                                          f e e l i n gxxcalmxxxxxw e a r i n gxxher uniform

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c 
                                                      ━━━━ 
                                                      - - - - - - - - - 

username

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Saio Mio Ukida
Sixth Year Hufflepuff Prefect
Adopted ☼ Half-blood

Saio arrived late to Charms. Her head was elsewhere that moment. Despite that she was ready to focus on the class. Taking a seat the Hufflepuff listened to what Professor Shoichet had to say. She congratulated them on their OWLs the year prior and then talked about their upcoming NEWTs. Overall, Saio didn’t think she’d have any problem in Charms. “Saio Ukida, Hufflepuff.” She said after Reyna. “Will the format be roughly the same as OWLs?” She asked curiously. The sixth year thought it would be but it never hurt to ask. Saio figured she'd have more questions later but until then she'd leave it at that.

With: Class...

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:05 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie didn't have to much preparation for the practical part of this lesson, aside from procuring a box of candles, and so seemed rather relaxed when the sixth years entered, finishing writing Aguamenti in turquoise chalk on the board. "Good afternoon, class," she greeted them enthusiastically, and went down her list for attendance. "Saio, to answer your question last class about the NEWT, the exam is entirely practical, meaning you will be graded solely on your actual demonstration of the charms. I cannot tell you what charms you will be tested on, of course, but they are designed to be rigorous tests of school. They should not, however, be landing anyone in the hospital wing- studying to the point of exhaustion will not help you during the exam. I would suggest that all of you come up with studying plans for next year, and pace yourselves depending on your total amount of exams." She looked up, raised an eyebrow, and then stood up to go to the board.

"You all learned incendio as first years, but as aguamenti, the water-conjuring charm, is far more difficult, you are learning it now. That's essentially the definition: it creates a stream of clear water, the force of which varies depending on your intent and skill level. This charm is also technically a Transfiguration spells, as conjuring is an advanced form of the transfiguring. It creates, rather than transforms."

The blonde woman turned back to the board to draw the wand movement for the charm.

"The pronunciation is AGUA-menti. Come up and take a candle from my desk, light it, and get started."

OOC:
murruelecreuset

Cara MiaKitty

Yukina101

Miss GryffindorK

Essy ze Ninja

oyehh

Diamond Wales

kiska166

Red Hot Missy

Julian Galaksylph

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:20 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie remained at her desk, hands clasped in front of her. "Today we'll be attempting non-verbal spells, and we'll start with the levitation charm. That means you should all come up here and take a feather, and then attempt to levitate it without saying a word. Nonverbal magic requires concentration and focus, and since you'll all be adults very soon, you all need to know how to do this. This can be very difficult, so don't be discouraged if you can't do it the first several tries. Just keep practicing, and visualize the father lifting up in your mind. I don't want any talking this lesson, so everyone can focus without distractions. If you do manage to levitate your feather, wave me over and we'll work on trying to get it to work just as effectively as the verbal version." To be honest, she wasn't expecting much. Most students struggled with this throughout their sixth and even seventh years.

OOC:
murruelecreuset

Cara MiaKitty

Yukina101

Miss GryffindorK

Essy ze Ninja

oyehh

Diamond Wales

kiska166

Red Hot Missy

Julian Galaksylph

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Richard Indigo Devereux
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Black Sheep of the Family

Location : Charms - Thursday @ 9:00am

It was Richard’s only class on a Thursday so he wasn’t overly stressed out. His course load was also far better then it had been. He had far more time to spend on things he enjoyed. Charms was one of those. In fact, the only challenging class he continued was Alchemy which he wondered if he’d regret later. Either way the conjuring of birds seemed fun. Although Richard envisioned birds hitting the windows. Probably why the windows were open.

When Professor Shoichet’s mentioned that it was considered an advanced transfiguration he panicked slightly. Richard was not good with transfiguration. Perhaps it was the visualization? Granted he did get an acceptable grade in the subject so perhaps there was hope for his bird conjuring skills. Taking the time to take some notes including the bird wand movement, Richard recalled that movement being the only good thing he could draw in art class. Thank merlin he didn’t need to take that class anymore.

Taking his wand Richard headed over to the windows like instructed. “AH-viss… Avis.” The Gryffindor spoke to himself making sure he got the incantation correct. One part through. Moving his wand, a bit to get comfortable with the wand movement, Richard took a breath. “Here goes nothing…” He muttered before waving his wand. “Avis.” He said with a loud bang and some smoke he managed to get one dopey bird. Personally, it looked like it had seen its better days. Looked like he had more work to do.

With : Class... Professor Shoichet

Attire : Gryffindor Uniform

OOC : - - -

Not afraid to be different!
                                                  Well isn't that refreshing!
                                                  Your family may be Slytherin, but I think you'll find your way in...
                                                  Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:52 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie remained at her desk, hands clasped in front of her. "Today we'll be attempting non-verbal spells, and we'll start with the levitation charm. That means you should all come up here and take a feather, and then attempt to levitate it without saying a word. Nonverbal magic requires concentration and focus, and since you'll all be adults very soon, you all need to know how to do this. This can be very difficult, so don't be discouraged if you can't do it the first several tries. Just keep practicing, and visualize the father lifting up in your mind. I don't want any talking this lesson, so everyone can focus without distractions. If you do manage to levitate your feather, wave me over and we'll work on trying to get it to work just as effectively as the verbal version." To be honest, she wasn't expecting much. Most students struggled with this throughout their sixth and even seventh years.

OOC:
murruelecreuset

Cara MiaKitty

Yukina101

Miss GryffindorK

Essy ze Ninja

oyehh

Diamond Wales

kiska166

Red Hot Missy

Julian Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:54 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie taught the sixth years and third years on Thursdays, and she was hoping her morning class would naturally be the more composed and mature of the two classes. Then again, she remembered her sixth year... She studied the board, making sure she had everything she'd wanted up there on it: in one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over, as the students began to enter the room. "Good morning everyone," she greeted the class when everyone had taken their seats. "First I want to congratulate you all on your OWLs, and for choosing to continue with this subject for these next two years. As you're all nearly adults, you'll be expected to in turn prepare yourselves for the NEWT exam." Elsie thought she might as well get that out of the way now; they didn't need her to coddle them, if they were serious about taking an advanced charms exam. "Names and houses while I go through attendance, and if anyone has any comments on the OWL or questions about the NEWT, feel free to speak up." She was trying to be a bit more straightforward and serious with the older years, seeing as this was a bit more intense than say, the second year curriculum. Nonverbal magic was not to be taken lightly, and she was pleased with the changes to the subject matter that had been made since she was a student herself.

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

murruelecreuset

Yukina101

Cara MiaKitty

oyehh

Diamond Wales

Julian Galaksylph

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:26 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie didn't have to much preparation for the practical part of this lesson, aside from procuring a box of candles, and so seemed rather relaxed when the sixth years entered, finishing writing Aguamenti in turquoise chalk on the board. "Good afternoon, class," she greeted them enthusiastically, and went down her list for attendance. "Saio, to answer your question last class about the NEWT, the exam is entirely practical, meaning you will be graded solely on your actual demonstration of the charms. I cannot tell you what charms you will be tested on, of course, but they are designed to be rigorous tests of school. They should not, however, be landing anyone in the hospital wing- studying to the point of exhaustion will not help you during the exam. I would suggest that all of you come up with studying plans for next year, and pace yourselves depending on your total amount of exams." She looked up, raised an eyebrow, and then stood up to go to the board.

"You all learned incendio as first years, but as aguamenti, the water-conjuring charm, is far more difficult, you are learning it now. That's essentially the definition: it creates a stream of clear water, the force of which varies depending on your intent and skill level. This charm is also technically a Transfiguration spells, as conjuring is an advanced form of the transfiguring. It creates, rather than transforms."

The blonde woman turned back to the board to draw the wand movement for the charm.

"The pronunciation is AGUA-menti. Come up and take a candle from my desk, light it, and get started."

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

murruelecreuset

Yukina101

Cara MiaKitty

oyehh

Diamond Wales

Julian Galaksylph
[/quote

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:55 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

murruelecreuset

Yukina101

Cara MiaKitty

oyehh

Diamond Wales

Julian Galaksylph

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:45 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

There was a noticeable chill in the room; all of the windows were wide open. Elsie was warm enough at her desk, thanks to a warming charm cast on the area, but shuddered a little as she stood after taking attendance and collecting the homework. A few birds had been doodled on the blackboard.

"Good morning everyone! I apologize for the windows, but we'll get to that soon enough. Today we'll be learning the bird-conjuring charm, or, avis." She approached the blackboard, chalk in one hand, wand in the other. "Avis is technically a form of advanced transfiguration, as it conjures living beings into existence. This alone makes it exceptionally difficult to master, and thus a NEWT level charm. The side effects of miscasting avis can be extremely... grotesque, so I'd advise everyone to pay close attention," the blonde added in warning. She did not want to be cleaning up severed bird heads at the end of class.

"Avis shoots birds from the tip of the wand, and makes a sound much like a muggle gunshot, smoke and all. The light should be pure blue, and the incantation is AH-viss, not AI-viss. The wand movement even looks a good deal like a bird in flight." Elsie drew it quickly on the board:

"Now, I want everyone to come up to these windows, and cast outside. I don't want anyone being attacked by birds, birds hitting the ceiling and walls, or having to clean up feathers when we're through."

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

murruelecreuset

Yukina101

Cara MiaKitty

oyehh

Diamond Wales

Julian Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:25 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

OOC:
Kungfudemoness

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

Julian Galaksylph

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:13 pm
User Image
Oh, I don't know what you've been told
But this gal right here's gonna rule the world
Yeah, that is where I'm gonna be, because I wanna be
No, I don't wanna sit still, look pretty

════════════════════════

Jilly entered class with her usual pep to her step. Her O.W.Ls had kindled her inner studiousness. she wanted to be a healer so she needed to buckle down and study. She located one of her favorite seats far end of the first row. Tucked away but still up in the action. She got her stuff out and ready as was her system for attempting to stay on task. It helped her focus. Attendance came around and she was ready when it was her time to go. "Jillian Faulkner and I'm in Gryffindor" She sure as heck didnt want to get marked absent. She really couldn't think of any questions. That or she remember them in several hours from now while sitting in the common room. Well she could always ask them next class if need be.

════════════════════════

OoC:

I know the other girlies
                                                                            Wanna wear expensive things
                                                                            Like diamond rings
                                                                            But I don't wanna be the puppet
                                                                            That you're playing on a string
                                                                            This queen don't need a king

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:43 pm
User Image

》》》》》》》》》Keeper《《《《《《《《《

Hikaru came in to the class not as prepare as he'd like to be. Chipper had taken a liking to his quills and tried to eat most of them. So lack of quills and a sick cat wasnt a good start to his day. He came in and sat to the back. He hated starting off a class in a sour mood. He just keep it to himself. When it came time for his attendance he was mostly ready. "Hikaru Nakano, I'm Ravenclaw..." He said before keeping to himself again. He take good notes today at least. He spared one quill at the very least.

Ooc:
                                                          username

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:45 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie didn't have to much preparation for the practical part of this lesson, aside from procuring a box of candles, and so seemed rather relaxed when the sixth years entered, finishing writing Aguamenti in turquoise chalk on the board. "Good afternoon, class," she greeted them enthusiastically, and went down her list for attendance. "The exam is entirely practical, meaning you will be graded solely on your actual demonstration of the charms. I cannot tell you what charms you will be tested on, of course, but they are designed to be rigorous tests of school. They should not, however, be landing anyone in the hospital wing- studying to the point of exhaustion will not help you during the exam. I would suggest that all of you come up with studying plans for next year, and pace yourselves depending on your total amount of exams." She looked up, raised an eyebrow, and then stood up to go to the board.

OOC:
Kungfudemoness

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

Julian Galaksylph