Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Sixth Year Classes
Charms VI ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:22 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie remained at her desk, hands clasped in front of her. "Today we'll be attempting non-verbal spells, and we'll start with the levitation charm. That means you should all come up here and take a feather, and then attempt to levitate it without saying a word. Nonverbal magic requires concentration and focus, and since you'll all be adults very soon, you all need to know how to do this. This can be very difficult, so don't be discouraged if you can't do it the first several tries. Just keep practicing, and visualize the father lifting up in your mind. I don't want any talking this lesson, so everyone can focus without distractions. If you do manage to levitate your feather, wave me over and we'll work on trying to get it to work just as effectively as the verbal version." To be honest, she wasn't expecting much. Most students struggled with this throughout their sixth and even seventh years.

OOC:
Kungfudemoness

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

Julian Galaksylph

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-
The night’s so dark and grey;
But you’ve helped me find my way.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:24 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

There was a noticeable chill in the room; all of the windows were wide open. Elsie was warm enough at her desk, thanks to a warming charm cast on the area, but shuddered a little as she stood after taking attendance and collecting the homework. A few birds had been doodled on the blackboard.

"Good morning everyone! I apologize for the windows, but we'll get to that soon enough. Today we'll be learning the bird-conjuring charm, or, avis." She approached the blackboard, chalk in one hand, wand in the other. "Avis is technically a form of advanced transfiguration, as it conjures living beings into existence. This alone makes it exceptionally difficult to master, and thus a NEWT level charm. The side effects of miscasting avis can be extremely... grotesque, so I'd advise everyone to pay close attention," the blonde added in warning. She did not want to be cleaning up severed bird heads at the end of class.

"Avis shoots birds from the tip of the wand, and makes a sound much like a muggle gunshot, smoke and all. The light should be pure blue, and the incantation is AH-viss, not AI-viss. The wand movement even looks a good deal like a bird in flight." Elsie drew it quickly on the board:

"Now, I want everyone to come up to these windows, and cast outside. I don't want anyone being attacked by birds, birds hitting the ceiling and walls, or having to clean up feathers when we're through."

OOC:
Kungfudemoness

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

Julian Galaksylph

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:08 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie taught the sixth years and third years on Thursdays, and she was hoping her morning class would naturally be the more composed and mature of the two classes. Then again, she remembered her sixth year... She studied the board, making sure she had everything she'd wanted up there on it: in one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over, as the students began to enter the room. "Good morning everyone," she greeted the class when everyone had taken their seats. "First I want to congratulate you all on your OWLs, and for choosing to continue with this subject for these next two years. As you're all nearly adults, you'll be expected to in turn prepare yourselves for the NEWT exam." Elsie thought she might as well get that out of the way now; they didn't need her to coddle them, if they were serious about taking an advanced charms exam. "Names and houses while I go through attendance, and if anyone has any comments on the OWL or questions about the NEWT, feel free to speak up." She was trying to be a bit more straightforward and serious with the older years, seeing as this was a bit more intense than say, the second year curriculum. Nonverbal magic was not to be taken lightly, and she was pleased with the changes to the subject matter that had been made since she was a student herself.

OOC:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:57 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie didn't have to much preparation for the practical part of this lesson, aside from procuring a box of candles, and so seemed rather relaxed when the sixth years entered, finishing writing Aguamenti in turquoise chalk on the board. "Good afternoon, class," she greeted them enthusiastically, and went down her list for attendance. "The exam is entirely practical, meaning you will be graded solely on your actual demonstration of the charms. I cannot tell you what charms you will be tested on, of course, but they are designed to be rigorous tests of school. They should not, however, be landing anyone in the hospital wing- studying to the point of exhaustion will not help you during the exam. I would suggest that all of you come up with studying plans for next year, and pace yourselves depending on your total amount of exams." She looked up, raised an eyebrow, and then stood up to go to the board.

"You all learned incendio as first years, but as aguamenti, the water-conjuring charm, is far more difficult, you are learning it now. That's essentially the definition: it creates a stream of clear water, the force of which varies depending on your intent and skill level. This charm is also technically a Transfiguration spell, as conjuring is an advanced form of the transfiguring. It creates, rather than transforms."

The blonde woman turned back to the board to draw the wand movement for the charm.

"The pronunciation is AGUA-menti. Come up and take a candle from my desk, light it, and get started."

OOC:
Kungfudemoness

oyehh

Devlyn Maycry

Summer II

murruelecreuset

Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:57 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie remained at her desk, hands clasped in front of her. "Today we'll be attempting non-verbal spells, and we'll start with the levitation charm. That means you should all come up here and take a feather, and then attempt to levitate it without saying a word. Nonverbal magic requires concentration and focus, and since you'll all be adults very soon, you all need to know how to do this. This can be very difficult, so don't be discouraged if you can't do it the first several tries. Just keep practicing, and visualize the father lifting up in your mind. I don't want any talking this lesson, so everyone can focus without distractions. If you do manage to levitate your feather, wave me over and we'll work on trying to get it to work just as effectively as the verbal version." To be honest, she wasn't expecting much. Most students struggled with this throughout their sixth and even seventh years.

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

murruelecreuset

Kungfudemoness

Cara MiaKitty

oyehh

Summer II

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:33 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie taught the sixth years and third years on Thursdays, and she was hoping her morning class would naturally be the more composed and mature of the two classes. Then again, she remembered her sixth year... She studied the board, making sure she had everything she'd wanted up there on it: in one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over, as the students began to enter the room.

"Good morning everyone," she greeted the class when everyone had taken their seats. "First I want to congratulate you all on your OWLs, and for choosing to continue with this subject for these next two years. As you're all nearly adults, you'll be expected to in turn prepare yourselves for the NEWT exam." Elsie thought she might as well get that out of the way now; they didn't need her to coddle them, if they were serious about taking an advanced charms exam.

"Names and houses while I go through attendance, and if anyone has any comments on the OWL or questions about the NEWT, feel free to speak up." She was trying to be a bit more straightforward and serious with the older years, seeing as this was a bit more intense than say, the second year curriculum. Nonverbal magic was not to be taken lightly, and she was pleased with the changes to the subject matter that had been made since she was a student herself.

OOC:

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:26 pm
User Image
Faina Patrovna
Slytherin PrefectSixth YearSixteen Years OldSingle
Dueling Club Captain

Faina made sure to get to her Charms class in good time to ensure she got a seat close enough to the blackboard to have an unobstructed view. It was also her way of showing her teacher she was serious about her work, and ready to be called on. "Faina Patrovna, from Slytherin House. I have a question about the NEWT, Professor Shoichet. I have heard the Charm NEWT is entirely a practical exam, and there is no written portion. Is this true? Also, since I'm also taking Professor Denier's Wandless class, will I be required to perform the Charms exam wandless as well?"

OOC:
Username

Taken by Lucien Markov

User Image
                      "And you ask me what I want this year
                      And I try to make this kind and clear
                      Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
                      Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
                      And desire and love and empty things
                      Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:30 pm
Rhett Fang Ye
<6th year>

Rhett was nervous about his sixth year. Last year was rough, but his sister warned him that his advance NEWT classes would be at least twice as hard. Also, his future was so much closer which made him understand the importance of getting good scores all that more important. He supposed that if he did fail most of his classes he could always beg Professor Hill to take him in and let him work as a herbologist. There was no way he could fail that class, at least not if it was all practicals like his sister stated they were. Which, it seemed Faina heard the same Rhett realized as she spoke up. "If they did make you take it wandless that seems awfully unfair... remind me to drop Professor Denier's class if that is the case," Rhett spoke up with a nervous chuckle. He seriously hoped that wasn't the case. Lola didn't mention anything like that but Lola had been out of school for quite some time. Rhett would miss the charming Professor Denier if he did drop her class though. Honestly, one of the main reasons he stuck with wandless (besides it looked cool) was that he really liked the professor.

Time: 2042-2043

Hello, then, Rhett
                                              Hm, adventurous and reckless,
                                              And you like pranks and can't sit still
                                              Yes, I know just where to place you

Gryffindor!

{OoC: }
                                              Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:00 pm
User Image
Faina Patrovna
Dueling Club Captain

Faina smiled when she heard Rhett's objection; she glanced back at her old friend, and commented philosophically with a shrug, "What's fair? Besides, that wouldn't make me drop Professor Denier's class. The day may come when that class will save my life, or somebody else's. I just want to know if its a requirement if one is taking both classes and the NEWTs to go with them."

OOC:
mc2

Taken by Lucien Markov

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:19 am
Rhett Fang Ye
<6th year>

Rhett let out a breath of air feeling partially defeated as Faina grew serious and philosophical, maybe he spoke without thinking. Maybe he was little different than the first year Ori... He took a breath and formulated a response hoping not to sound argumentative. "Exams should be fair at the very least," Rhett replied, "Exams aren't the real world they just help test to see if you are ready for it." He paused realizing that though he wanted a quiet life there was no guarantee such as the attack on Hogsmeade where his sister got caught up with it. Lola would say Devonte saved her life once but she never specified how, and Rhett suspected it wasn't pretty considering how Lola never divulged more into it. Speaking of Lola she took wandless too and never said she had to take the other classes wandless. Rhett quickly added, "My sister never said when she took NEWTs that she had to do them without a wand because she was taking Professor Denier's class... I would think or at least hope she'd have mentioned that to me if that was the case."

Time: 2042-2043

Hello, then, Rhett
                                              Hm, adventurous and reckless,
                                              And you like pranks and can't sit still
                                              Yes, I know just where to place you

Gryffindor!

{OoC: }
                                              Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:18 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie smiled dryly when Faina, who, in Elsie's five years of teaching her, had always been one of the more... serious students, even for a Slytherin, asked about the exam being wandless. "Yes, the exam is entirely practical, meaning there is no written section, and you will be marked on your wandwork and casting ability alone. This will be the case for all of your NEWTs. However, you will be using your wand, regardless of whether or not you're taking Wandless Magic as an elective. I imagine if you made enough fuss, you could convince a proctor to let you take it wandlessly... but I wouldn't recommend it. The Charms NEWT is a good deal more complex than the OWL, and many charms are notoriously difficult to pull off without a wand, especially when you're thinking under pressure." Really, if her NEWT 'back in the day' had been wandless... she didn't think she'd be holding the position of professor now, to say the least.

OOC:
mc2

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:57 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie didn't have to much preparation for the practical part of this lesson, aside from procuring a box of candles, and so seemed rather relaxed when the sixth years entered, finishing writing Aguamenti in turquoise chalk on the board. "Good afternoon, class," she greeted them enthusiastically, and went down her list for attendance. "The exam is entirely practical, meaning you will be graded solely on your actual demonstration of the charms. I cannot tell you what charms you will be tested on, of course, but they are designed to be rigorous tests of school. They should not, however, be landing anyone in the hospital wing- studying to the point of exhaustion will not help you during the exam. I would suggest that all of you come up with studying plans for next year, and pace yourselves depending on your total amount of exams." She looked up, raised an eyebrow, and then stood up to go to the board.

"You all learned incendio as first years, but as aguamenti, the water-conjuring charm, is far more difficult, you are learning it now. That's essentially the definition: it creates a stream of clear water, the force of which varies depending on your intent and skill level. This charm is also technically a Transfiguration spell, as conjuring is an advanced form of the transfiguring. It creates, rather than transforms."

The blonde woman turned back to the board to draw the wand movement for the charm.

"The pronunciation is AGUA-menti. Come up and take a candle from my desk, light it, and get started."

OOC:

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:17 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

There was a noticeable chill in the room; all of the windows were wide open. Elsie was warm enough at her desk, thanks to a warming charm cast on the area, but shuddered a little as she stood after taking attendance and collecting the homework. A few birds had been doodled on the blackboard.

"Good morning everyone! I apologize for the windows, but we'll get to that soon enough. Today we'll be learning the bird-conjuring charm, or, avis." She approached the blackboard, chalk in one hand, wand in the other. "Avis is technically a form of advanced transfiguration, as it conjures living beings into existence. This alone makes it exceptionally difficult to master, and thus a NEWT level charm. The side effects of miscasting avis can be extremely... grotesque, so I'd advise everyone to pay close attention," the blonde added in warning. She did not want to be cleaning up severed bird heads at the end of class.

"Avis shoots birds from the tip of the wand, and makes a sound much like a muggle gunshot, smoke and all. The light should be pure blue, and the incantation is AH-viss, not AI-viss. The wand movement even looks a good deal like a bird in flight." Elsie drew it quickly on the board:

"Now, I want everyone to come up to these windows, and cast outside. I don't want anyone being attacked by birds, birds hitting the ceiling and walls, or having to clean up feathers when we're through."

OOC:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:03 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

OOC:
]

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:32 am
User Image
Faina Patrovna
Dueling Club Captain

Faina arrived for class and made sure to get a seat close to the front, and in time to have her materials ready as soon as class started. She knew non-verbal magic would be difficult, after all the verbal component of magic was as important as the somatic component and the strength of will behind the casting, and she wasn't so sure she could pull it off. Still, it was important to learn, as it was useful being able to cast magic without flashy displays and loud incantations.

Thinking about it, she figured it was, in its own way, similar to the exercises they did in Professor Denier's class, and so Faina chose to approach this exercise similarly. The Sixth Year closed her eyes and started the focusing techniques she'd learned, visualizing the feather slowly rising off the desk as she gestured with her wand... and the feather didn't budge a millimeter. Faina rolled her shoulders, drew deep breaths and tried to concentrate again. She gestured with her wand again...

OOC:
mc2

Taken by Lucien Markov

User Image

Sixth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]