Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Sixth Year Classes
Charms VI ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:43 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside.

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie taught the sixth years and third years on Thursdays, and she was hoping her morning class would naturally be the more composed and mature of the two classes. Then again, she remembered her sixth year... She studied the board, making sure she had everything she'd wanted up there on it: in one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over, as the students began to enter the room.

"Good morning everyone," she greeted the class when everyone had taken their seats. "First I want to congratulate you all on your OWLs, and for choosing to continue with this subject for these next two years. As you're all nearly adults, you'll be expected to in turn prepare yourselves for the NEWT exam." Elsie thought she might as well get that out of the way now; they didn't need her to coddle them, if they were serious about taking an advanced charms exam.

"If anyone has any comments on the OWL or questions about the NEWT, feel free to speak up." She was trying to be a bit more straightforward and serious with the older years, seeing as this was a bit more intense than say, the second year curriculum. Nonverbal magic was not to be taken lightly, and she was pleased with the changes to the subject matter that had been made since she was a student herself.

OOC:

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-
The night’s so dark and grey;
But you’ve helped me find my way.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:45 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORHUFFLEPUFF HEADCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie didn't have to much preparation for the practical part of this lesson, aside from procuring a box of candles, and so seemed rather relaxed when the sixth years entered, finishing writing Aguamenti in turquoise chalk on the board. "Good afternoon, class," she greeted them enthusiastically, and went down her list for attendance. "The exam is entirely practical, meaning you will be graded solely on your actual demonstration of the charms. I cannot tell you what charms you will be tested on, of course, but they are designed to be rigorous tests of school. They should not, however, be landing anyone in the hospital wing- studying to the point of exhaustion will not help you during the exam. I would suggest that all of you come up with studying plans for next year, and pace yourselves depending on your total amount of exams." She looked up, raised an eyebrow, and then stood up to go to the board.

"You all learned incendio as first years, but as aguamenti, the water-conjuring charm, is far more difficult, you are learning it now. That's essentially the definition: it creates a stream of clear water, the force of which varies depending on your intent and skill level. This charm is also technically a Transfiguration spell, as conjuring is an advanced form of the transfiguring. It creates, rather than transforms."

The blonde woman turned back to the board to draw the wand movement for the charm.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"The pronunciation is AGUA-menti. Come up and take a candle from my desk, light it, and get started."

OOC:

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:46 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

There was a noticeable chill in the room; all of the windows were wide open. Elsie was warm enough at her desk, thanks to a warming charm cast on the area, but shuddered a little as she stood after taking attendance and collecting the homework. A few birds had been doodled on the blackboard.

"Good morning everyone! I apologize for the windows, but we'll get to that soon enough. Today we'll be learning the bird-conjuring charm, or, avis." She approached the blackboard, chalk in one hand, wand in the other. "Avis is technically a form of advanced transfiguration, as it conjures living beings into existence. This alone makes it exceptionally difficult to master, and thus a NEWT level charm. The side effects of miscasting avis can be extremely... grotesque, so I'd advise everyone to pay close attention," the blonde added in warning. She did not want to be cleaning up severed bird heads at the end of class.

"Avis shoots birds from the tip of the wand, and makes a sound much like a muggle gunshot, smoke and all. The light should be pure blue, and the incantation is AH-viss, not AI-viss. The wand movement even looks a good deal like a bird in flight." Elsie drew it quickly on the board:

"Now, I want everyone to come up to these windows, and cast outside. I don't want anyone being attacked by birds, birds hitting the ceiling and walls, or having to clean up feathers when we're through."

OOC:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:56 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie didn't have to much preparation for the practical part of this lesson, aside from procuring a box of candles, and so seemed rather relaxed when the sixth years entered, finishing writing Aguamenti in turquoise chalk on the board. "Good afternoon, class," she greeted them enthusiastically, and went down her list for attendance. "The exam is entirely practical, meaning you will be graded solely on your actual demonstration of the charms. I cannot tell you what charms you will be tested on, of course, but they are designed to be rigorous tests of school. They should not, however, be landing anyone in the hospital wing- studying to the point of exhaustion will not help you during the exam. I would suggest that all of you come up with studying plans for next year, and pace yourselves depending on your total amount of exams." She looked up, raised an eyebrow, and then stood up to go to the board.

"You all learned incendio as first years, but as aguamenti, the water-conjuring charm, is far more difficult, you are learning it now. That's essentially the definition: it creates a stream of clear water, the force of which varies depending on your intent and skill level. This charm is also technically a Transfiguration spell, as conjuring is an advanced form of the transfiguring. It creates, rather than transforms."

The blonde woman turned back to the board to draw the wand movement for the charm.

"The pronunciation is AGUA-menti. Come up and take a candle from my desk, light it, and get started."

OOC:

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:24 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

There was a noticeable chill in the room; all of the windows were wide open. Elsie was warm enough at her desk, thanks to a warming charm cast on the area, but shuddered a little as she stood after taking attendance and collecting the homework. A few birds had been doodled on the blackboard.

"Good morning everyone! I apologize for the windows, but we'll get to that soon enough. Today we'll be learning the bird-conjuring charm, or, avis." She approached the blackboard, chalk in one hand, wand in the other. "Avis is technically a form of advanced transfiguration, as it conjures living beings into existence. This alone makes it exceptionally difficult to master, and thus a NEWT level charm. The side effects of miscasting avis can be extremely... grotesque, so I'd advise everyone to pay close attention," the blonde added in warning. She did not want to be cleaning up severed bird heads at the end of class.

"Avis shoots birds from the tip of the wand, and makes a sound much like a muggle gunshot, smoke and all. The light should be pure blue, and the incantation is AH-viss, not AI-viss. The wand movement even looks a good deal like a bird in flight." Elsie drew it quickly on the board:

"Now, I want everyone to come up to these windows, and cast outside. I don't want anyone being attacked by birds, birds hitting the ceiling and walls, or having to clean up feathers when we're through."

OOC:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:39 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie remained at her desk, hands clasped in front of her. "Today we'll be attempting non-verbal spells, and we'll start with the levitation charm. That means you should all come up here and take a feather, and then attempt to levitate it without saying a word. Nonverbal magic requires concentration and focus, and since you'll all be adults very soon, you all need to know how to do this. This can be very difficult, so don't be discouraged if you can't do it the first several tries. Just keep practicing, and visualize the father lifting up in your mind. I don't want any talking this lesson, so everyone can focus without distractions. If you do manage to levitate your feather, wave me over and we'll work on trying to get it to work just as effectively as the verbal version." To be honest, she wasn't expecting much. Most students struggled with this throughout their sixth and even seventh years.

OOC:
]

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:55 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

OOC:

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:58 am
User Image
Katya Patrovna
HufflepuffSixth YearSixteen Years OldSingle
Art Club Captain

Katya was seated comfortably when the professor started the class, having gotten there in good enough time to have her materials out and ready without being so rushed. Not that she was really rushed, not the way her classes were spread through the week, and here it was Thursday, she'd be done for the week before lunch, after her Transfigurations class next period. She'd been told by Faina how the NEWTs would be much tougher than her OWLs, and all the exams would be practical, and Professor Shoichet confirmed this during her preamble. That said, her face visibly paled when she made the comment about studying to the point of exhaustion and needed to go to Hospital. Surely there was a cautionary tale to be told there.

Taking down careful notes on the new Charm they were working on, Katya paid close attention to the directions, and she also copied down the wand movements into her notebook. When she was ready, Katya went forward to collect her candle to do her spellwork. After returning to her seat, she used an Incendio to light the wick, and then set it before her before attempting to conjure forth water to douse the flame...

OOC:
Username

Taken by Cian Quinlan

User Image
                  "Black clouds are behind me, I now can see ahead
                  Often I wonder why I try hoping for an end
                  Sorrow weighs my shoulders down
                  And trouble haunts my mind
                  But I know the present will not last
                  And tomorrow will be kinder

Tomorrow will be kinder
                  It's true, I've seen it before