Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
Transfiguration IV (1/4) *New Class 8/26* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:34 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:35 pm
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

Switching Spells
Metaféroun

This spell is a more complex version of the spells we have been working on, and involves switching features from one item to another.

The word is derived from Greek, metaféroun meaning "to transpose." It is the incantation used for the Switching Spell, and is pronounced meh-tah-FEH-roon.

Looking back to the categories we have worked with, this spell falls under the Transformation Transfiguration branch, under a separate subcategory of Switching. It is used to transfer one feature or conponent of an item to another item. This is a more complex Transfiguration spell, commonly used to practice at the intermediate Transfiguration classes once the basics are set. It is especially important to concentrate on the effect of the spell, as you may accidentally transpose your own features onto another object.

The spell itself emits a white light, and transfers a feature or component of one object with that of another object with the caster's wand.

The level of this Transfiguration is moderately difficult.

t= Transfer of one feature or component of an object with that of another object
    a= caster must be heavier than the items the spell is cast upon
    v= at least medium
    w= any
    c= moderate
    Z= perfectly spoken, completely clear

Reparifarge
    This spell is the basic spell for Untransfiguration. It should be used to help undo mistakes during transfiguration as well as to revert an object that has been transfigured back into its original form. The incantation for this spell is Reparifarge, or for easier pronunciation, "re-par-ee-far-je."

Please Remember!
    As these spells always require the use of the formula for transfiguration, it shall be listed here. Please keep in mind the correct amounts for each part of the equation.
    User Image

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:36 pm
User Image
                                                I had a dream the other night
                                                About how we only get one life
                                                Woke me up right after two
                                                Stayed awake and stared at you
                                                So I wouldn't lose my mind

User Image

════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Tʀᴀɴsғɪɢᴜʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Pᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rick sat at the edge of his desk, watching as students filed in and waited for them patiently. They were going to get into more advanced forms of transfiguration, and he wanted them to be ready for it. As such, he knew he was starting off with something a bit more advanced than they were used to, but he had confidence they could do it. He eyed the box next to him, before returning his gaze to each student.

He waited until the last of the students were in the classroom before he waved his wand and closed the doors behind them. He then looked around the classroom, deciding to get started. "Welcome back everyone. Glad to see everyone here, and hope you had a decent summer, because this year, we get to go into bits of Transfiguration that happen to be advanced for you. Don't worry, I'm still here for assistance if you need it, but I have faith that you know what you're doing. In any case, we'll get started right away, so that way it gives you time to work on the assignment for the day."

He gestured toward the board, where the details of what they were learning were written up for all to see. "As you can see, we're going to start on Switching Spells today, and there are two that you have to worry about. We won't get into the more advanced one today, but we'll get to work on the basic one Metaféroun. This spell, when used correctly, can swap something from one item and place it onto another. Like if you have a broken guitar, but wanted to replace the neck of it, you can cast this spell to replace the broken neck with one that isn't. Door without a handle? If you have a door that does have one that you don't need the handle for, you can transpose the handle onto the one that needs it.

"Anyway, the purpose of this lesson is for you to take two items and take one feature from one and place it on the other. Obviously this is going to be difficult, and as long as you have been working on your concentration, viciousness, and incantation, it shouldn't be that difficult for you. I would like for each of you to take two items from the box and please work on the spell. If you need help, just raise your hand and I will come around to assist."

════════════════════════
                                                Location: Transfiguration classroom
                                                Thinking: This shouldn't be too hard for them.
                                                Taken by: Malachy Molloy
                                                OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And I had the week that came from hell
                                                And yes I know that you could tell
                                                But you're like the net under the ledge
                                                When I go flying off the edge
                                                You go flying off as well

Fourth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas