Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fifth Year Classes
Transfiguration V (1/4) *New Class 8/26* Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:45 pm
Transfiguration
Professor Richard Drage

User Image
Monday 8:00 AM to 8:45 AM
(Updated on Mondays)

This classroom is set up with rows of desks facing the front. A large chalkboard is situated at the front of the class with various equations, and a bookcase filled with books on the subject of Transfiguration set in the corner. A doorway at the front of the classroom leads to a storage closet for the various materials required for transfiguration. The professor's desk is situated in front with a book and several groups of papers neatly arranged on top of it. Lastly, the only odd bit is a stand for birds that is sitting in front of the class next to the desk. The room itself is well-lit, and while simple in design, is set up in a way that is conducive for learning the art of Transfiguration.

Rules of the Classroom
Wands will be present and visible at all times, whether on your desk or in your hand.
Horseplay and fighting is forbidden in the classroom unless you wish a detention and/or loss of house points.
No spells will be directed at another person in the classroom.
Be on time for class.
Talking will only be permitted before class begins and after class is over, otherwise you will stick with the topic at hand during class.
You will bring your supplies to class everyday or you will be forced to sit out the lesson.

Supplies
Wand
Quills and parchment (or their muggle equivalent)

A Guide to Advanced Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

Fifth Year
[ ] Evanesco
[ ] Inanimatus Conjurus
[ ] Geminio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:13 pm
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

The Vanishing Spell
Evanesco

To vanish an object is to have it simply disappear from existance, or otherwise, into nonbeing. It's more complex than its counterpart, Conjuration, due to the simplicity of harnessing the power around you to create magic out of thin air compared to completely eradicating an object or creature from this plane through the use of magic. To create is a basic human conception, it's in everyone to want to create, which is why children often perform conjuration spells during underage use of magic.

The word comes from evanescence, meaning to be fleeting or disappear, and is derived from the Latin, evanesco, which also means "disappear." It is the only cantation that is neccesary to vanish an object and the pronunciation for the incantion is ev-an-ES-koh.

Research is still heavily pursued for this branch of magic, but it's unclear where these items disappear to or exactly what may happen to a creature wnen it is vanished; it's a theory heavily researched by advanced Transfigurists and the Department of Mysteries. However, it is possible to retrieve objects from vanishment through the use of a conjuring spell or locating spell such as accio. However, the magical theory necessary for preforming the spell is that of ever molecule and piece and particle of the object being turned to nothingness at the same time. That is crucial, if only a part of the object is being focused on, then only part, or none, of it will Vanish and all that will be left is a mess.

The spell itself does not create any sound or light, it strictly causes objects, creatures (though more difficult), to vanish into nonbeing.

The level of this spell is moderately difficult.

t= Vanishment of objects or creatures
    a= caster must be heavier than object being vanished
    v= must be strong
    w= strong
    c= complete
    Z= well-spoken, as clear as possible

Please note that if you have an accident while using this spell or need any help, do not hesitate to raise your hand and request assistance.

Please Remember!
    As these spells always require the use of the formula for transfiguration, it shall be listed here. Please keep in mind the correct amounts for each part of the equation.
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:46 pm
User Image
                                                I had a dream the other night
                                                About how we only get one life
                                                Woke me up right after two
                                                Stayed awake and stared at you
                                                So I wouldn't lose my mind

User Image

════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Tʀᴀɴsғɪɢᴜʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Pᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rick sat on the edge of his desk, watching the class enter and waiting until everyone was ready before he began his lecture. This was their fifth year, which meant that they had to make sure they knew everything in the subject before they took the OWL. Ugh, had it been that long since he'd taken OWLs? Apparently so, since he was already going through all the things he had studied and realized how long ago it was. In any case, he was supposed to get the class ready for OWLs, so that was what they were going to do.

Once everyone had entered, Rick waved his wand so that the doors closed and he looked over the class, his mind already going over the subject before he spoke. "Welcome back everyone. Yes, I know, I'm not the old professor. She had to take a leave, so I took over the class in her absence. In any case, this year, yes, I know you're going to hear about OWLs from every teacher you have, but I figured I'd give you a bit of an overview of what's going on with class this year. We're going to study the fifth year material, and then go over the last four years for review so that you're prepared as best you can for the exams. Also, it helps to have everything fresh in mind when you do it that way as opposed to going over everything at the start of the year. Plus, extra practice, which never hurts with regards to Transfiguration. Anyway, that's my brief overview for OWLs, and if you need assistance, my office is always open for people to request help."

He then gestured to the board, ready to start the lesson. "Today we begin a unit in Vanishing, which is a decidedly difficult part of Transfiguration, but once you get the hang of it, it should be easier. Your experience from previous years should help here, and thankfully as long as you've paid attention to your lessons, we shouldn't have issues. Vanishing is the act of taking an object and willing it into nothingness. Please be aware if your attention is not absolute in the spell, you will have a half-vanished item and it results in more complications to retrieve it from nothingness as opposed to a fully Vanished item. Which is why today, we are not going to vanish anything living, but we'll be working on inanimate objects before progressing to living creatures."

He knew that one part was going to be a problem for students, since he knew for a fact that there were a lot of cats that were rescued in his year. However, he was going to make sure that they knew how to do the spell as perfectly as possible before then, so there shouldn't be any mishaps. At least he hoped there wouldn't be. "Anyway, I would like for everyone to come up and take one item from the box and practice the spell. Just remember, your concentration has to be premium in this, otherwise you fail to Vanish your item. If you manage to Vanish your item on the first try, then you can come up and take a snail from the box to practice from. No one will be Vanishing creatures right off the bat." He settled back and waited, watching and looking if anyone needed help. After all, he wasn't lying when he said the spell was difficult.

════════════════════════
                                                Location: Transfiguration classroom
                                                Thinking: OWLs, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.....
                                                Taken by: Malachy Molloy
                                                OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And I had the week that came from hell
                                                And yes I know that you could tell
                                                But you're like the net under the ledge
                                                When I go flying off the edge
                                                You go flying off as well

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:12 pm
Blackbird claw, raven wing,
Under the red sunlight...
Long clothesline, two shirtsleeves,
Waving as we go by.
Hundred years, hundred more;
Someday we may see a-
Woman king, wristwatch time,
Slowing as she goes to sleep.

D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

ravenclaw chaser │ fifth year prefect │ halfblood

Transfiguration was one of Di's best classes, and while she wasn't overly worried about how she'd do on the OWL, she knew she'd be mortified if she didn't get an O. That said, she was relieved to be learning a new spell and not reviewing; as important as that was, she did plenty of it on her own time, and it could get extremely tedious. She took a small glass owl figurine from the box, and successfully vanished it on her first try, leading her to attempt the snail vanishing, very reluctantly, since it left a small trail of slime across her desk.

OOC:
Username

Black horse fly, lemonade,
Jar on the red ant hill...
Garden worm, cigarette,
Ash on the window sill.
Hundred years, hundred more;
Someday we may see a-
Woman king, sword in hand,
Swing at some evil and bleed.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:15 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:19 pm
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

The Vanishing Spell
Evanesco

To vanish an object is to have it simply disappear from existance, or otherwise, into nonbeing. It's more complex than its counterpart, Conjuration, due to the simplicity of harnessing the power around you to create magic out of thin air compared to completely eradicating an object or creature from this plane through the use of magic. To create is a basic human conception, it's in everyone to want to create, which is why children often perform conjuration spells during underage use of magic.

The word comes from evanescence, meaning to be fleeting or disappear, and is derived from the Latin, evanesco, which also means "disappear." It is the only cantation that is neccesary to vanish an object and the pronunciation for the incantion is ev-an-ES-koh.

Research is still heavily pursued for this branch of magic, but it's unclear where these items disappear to or exactly what may happen to a creature wnen it is vanished; it's a theory heavily researched by advanced Transfigurists and the Department of Mysteries. However, it is possible to retrieve objects from vanishment through the use of a conjuring spell or locating spell such as accio. However, the magical theory necessary for preforming the spell is that of ever molecule and piece and particle of the object being turned to nothingness at the same time. That is crucial, if only a part of the object is being focused on, then only part, or none, of it will Vanish and all that will be left is a mess.

The spell itself does not create any sound or light, it strictly causes objects, creatures (though more difficult), to vanish into nonbeing.

v= must be strong
    w= strong
    c= complete

Please note that if you have an accident while using this spell or need any help, do not hesitate to raise your hand and request assistance.

Please Remember!
    As these spells always require the use of the formula for transfiguration, it shall be listed here. Please keep in mind the correct amounts for each part of the equation.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:23 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Rick sat on the edge of his desk, watching the class enter and waiting until everyone was ready before he began his lecture. This was their fifth year, which meant that they had to make sure they knew everything in the subject before they took the OWL. Ugh, had it been that long since he'd taken OWLs? Apparently so, since he was already going through all the things he had studied and realized how long ago it was. In any case, he was supposed to get the class ready for OWLs, so that was what they were going to do.

Once everyone had entered, Rick waved his wand so that the doors closed and he looked over the class, his mind already going over the subject before he spoke. "Welcome back everyone. Glad to see that all of you are back here for the new year, and hopefully you're prepared for it. In any case, this year, yes, I know you're going to hear about OWLs from every teacher you have, but I figured I'd give you a bit of an overview of what's going on with class this year. We're going to study the fifth year material, and then go over the last four years for review so that you're prepared as best you can for the exams. Also, it helps to have everything fresh in mind when you do it that way as opposed to going over everything at the start of the year. Plus, extra practice, which never hurts with regards to Transfiguration. Anyway, that's my brief overview for OWLs, and if you need assistance, my office is always open for people to request help."

He then gestured to the board, ready to start the lesson. "Today we begin a unit in Vanishing, which is a decidedly difficult part of Transfiguration, but once you get the hang of it, it should be easier. Your experience from previous years should help here, and thankfully as long as you've paid attention to your lessons, we shouldn't have issues. Vanishing is the act of taking an object and willing it into nothingness. Please be aware if your attention is not absolute in the spell, you will have a half-vanished item and it results in more complications to retrieve it from nothingness as opposed to a fully Vanished item. Which is why today, we are not going to vanish anything living, but we'll be working on inanimate objects before progressing to living creatures."

He knew that one part was going to be a problem for students, since he knew for a fact that there were a lot of cats that were rescued in his year. However, he was going to make sure that they knew how to do the spell as perfectly as possible before then, so there shouldn't be any mishaps. At least he hoped there wouldn't be. "Anyway, I would like for everyone to come up and take one item from the box and practice the spell. Just remember, your concentration has to be premium in this, otherwise you fail to Vanish your item. If you manage to Vanish your item on the first try, then you can come up and take a snail from the box to practice from. No one will be Vanishing creatures right off the bat." He settled back and waited, watching and looking if anyone needed help. After all, he wasn't lying when he said the spell was difficult.

════════════════════════
                                                OOC:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:41 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Fifth Year Fifteen Years OldSingle

Transfiguration was one of the most difficult studies of magic Fianna had to work on, which was why she spent so much time studying it over the summer. She spent many hours holed up in Linny's room, pouring over the study guides her older cousin compiled during her time, and discovered how much of it was cross-referenced with class notes from other classes Fianna happened to be taking, mainly Alchemy. This helped her immensely, as it showed her understand how all of it was interrelated.

Fianna drew a deep breath, and got up to get an item from the box on the professor's desk. A glass figure of a cat was what she picked, reminding her how Hannah's cat was named 'Evan', short for the name of the spell, as Selina had taken her OWL with that cat. She returned to her desk, and practiced the wand movement a few times before she felt ready to try it for real. "Evanesco!" she spoke aloud in a clear strong tone, and the figurine almost obligingly Vanished for her.

Considering how easily she managed the spell, Fianna was a little nervous when she went up to get a snail, hoping she wouldn't be the girl whom Vanished half a snail...

OOC:
Username

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:30 am
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:32 am
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

The Vanishing Spell
Evanesco

v= must be strong
    w= strong
    c= complete

Please Remember!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:34 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Once everyone had entered, Rick waved his wand so that the doors closed and he looked over the class, his mind already going over the subject before he spoke. "Welcome back everyone. Glad to see that all of you are back here for the new year, and hopefully you're prepared for it. In any case, this year, yes, I know you're going to hear about OWLs from every teacher you have, but I figured I'd give you a bit of an overview of what's going on with class this year. We're going to study the fifth year material, and then go over the last four years for review so that you're prepared as best you can for the exams. Also, it helps to have everything fresh in mind when you do it that way as opposed to going over everything at the start of the year. Plus, extra practice, which never hurts with regards to Transfiguration. Anyway, that's my brief overview for OWLs, and if you need assistance, my office is always open for people to request help."

════════════════════════
                                                OOC:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:47 pm
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:50 pm
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

The Vanishing Spell
Evanesco

v= must be strong
    w= strong
    c= complete

Please Remember!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:54 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

════════════════════════
                                                OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:56 pm
User Image

P E T E RxxxW H Y T E

FIFTHxYEAR xxxxxxRAVENCLAWxxxxxxMUGGLEBORN

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Peter was feeling wary about Transfiguration. It wasn't his worst subject, but it was tricky and easy to mess up and with the OWLs coming up at the end of the year, he really had to focus. He took down notes as soon as he had his notebook on the table and after listening to Professor Drage's speech (which only served to increase his trepidation), he went to the front and pulled out a ceramic paperweight. "Evanesco!" The paperweight only partly vanished and frowning, Peter tried again. It took him a couple of tries to successfully vanish it and even longer to vanish the snail, leaving a slimey mess on his desk.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                            a txxTransfiguration classxxxxxw i t hxxclassmates, Professor Drage
                                                            f e e l i n gxxfrustratedxxxxxw e a r i n gxxhis uniform

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        - - - - - - - - -

username

Fifth Year Classes

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items