Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fifth Year Classes
Transfiguration V (1/4) *New Class 8/26* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:30 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:31 pm
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

The Vanishing Spell
Evanesco

To vanish an object is to have it simply disappear from existance, or otherwise, into nonbeing. It's more complex than its counterpart, Conjuration, due to the simplicity of harnessing the power around you to create magic out of thin air compared to completely eradicating an object or creature from this plane through the use of magic. To create is a basic human conception, it's in everyone to want to create, which is why children often perform conjuration spells during underage use of magic.

The word comes from evanescence, meaning to be fleeting or disappear, and is derived from the Latin, evanesco, which also means "disappear." It is the only cantation that is neccesary to vanish an object and the pronunciation for the incantion is ev-an-ES-koh.

Research is still heavily pursued for this branch of magic, but it's unclear where these items disappear to or exactly what may happen to a creature wnen it is vanished; it's a theory heavily researched by advanced Transfigurists and the Department of Mysteries. However, it is possible to retrieve objects from vanishment through the use of a conjuring spell or locating spell such as accio. However, the magical theory necessary for preforming the spell is that of ever molecule and piece and particle of the object being turned to nothingness at the same time. That is crucial, if only a part of the object is being focused on, then only part, or none, of it will Vanish and all that will be left is a mess.

The spell itself does not create any sound or light, it strictly causes objects, creatures (though more difficult), to vanish into nonbeing.

The level of this spell is moderately difficult.

t= Vanishment of objects or creatures
    a= caster must be heavier than object being vanished
    v= must be strong
    w= strong
    c= complete
    Z= well-spoken, as clear as possible

Please note that if you have an accident while using this spell or need any help, do not hesitate to raise your hand and request assistance.

Please Remember!
    As these spells always require the use of the formula for transfiguration, it shall be listed here. Please keep in mind the correct amounts for each part of the equation.
    User Image

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:32 pm
User Image
                                                I had a dream the other night
                                                About how we only get one life
                                                Woke me up right after two
                                                Stayed awake and stared at you
                                                So I wouldn't lose my mind

User Image

════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Tʀᴀɴsғɪɢᴜʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Pᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rick sat on the edge of his desk, watching the class enter and waiting until everyone was ready before he began his lecture. This was their fifth year, which meant that they had to make sure they knew everything in the subject before they took the OWL. Ugh, had it been that long since he'd taken OWLs? Apparently so, since he was already going through all the things he had studied and realized how long ago it was. In any case, he was supposed to get the class ready for OWLs, so that was what they were going to do.

Once everyone had entered, Rick waved his wand so that the doors closed and he looked over the class, his mind already going over the subject before he spoke. "Welcome back everyone. Glad to see that all of you are back here for the new year, and hopefully you're prepared for it. In any case, this year, yes, I know you're going to hear about OWLs from every teacher you have, but I figured I'd give you a bit of an overview of what's going on with class this year. We're going to study the fifth year material, and then go over the last four years for review so that you're prepared as best you can for the exams. Also, it helps to have everything fresh in mind when you do it that way as opposed to going over everything at the start of the year. Plus, extra practice, which never hurts with regards to Transfiguration. Anyway, that's my brief overview for OWLs, and if you need assistance, my office is always open for people to request help."

He then gestured to the board, ready to start the lesson. "Today we begin a unit in Vanishing, which is a decidedly difficult part of Transfiguration, but once you get the hang of it, it should be easier. Your experience from previous years should help here, and thankfully as long as you've paid attention to your lessons, we shouldn't have issues. Vanishing is the act of taking an object and willing it into nothingness. Please be aware if your attention is not absolute in the spell, you will have a half-vanished item and it results in more complications to retrieve it from nothingness as opposed to a fully Vanished item. Which is why today, we are not going to vanish anything living, but we'll be working on inanimate objects before progressing to living creatures."

He knew that one part was going to be a problem for students, since he knew for a fact that there were a lot of cats that were rescued in his year. However, he was going to make sure that they knew how to do the spell as perfectly as possible before then, so there shouldn't be any mishaps. At least he hoped there wouldn't be. "Anyway, I would like for everyone to come up and take one item from the box and practice the spell. Just remember, your concentration has to be premium in this, otherwise you fail to Vanish your item. If you manage to Vanish your item on the first try, then you can come up and take a snail from the box to practice from. No one will be Vanishing creatures right off the bat." He settled back and waited, watching and looking if anyone needed help. After all, he wasn't lying when he said the spell was difficult.

════════════════════════
                                                Location: Transfiguration classroom
                                                Thinking: OWLs, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.....
                                                Taken by: Malachy Molloy
                                                OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And I had the week that came from hell
                                                And yes I know that you could tell
                                                But you're like the net under the ledge
                                                When I go flying off the edge
                                                You go flying off as well

Fifth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas