Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Sixth Year Classes
Transfiguration VI (1/3) *New Class 8/26* Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:50 pm
Transfiguration
Professor Richard Drage

User Image
Thursday 10:00 AM - 10:45 AM
(Updated on Mondays)

This classroom is set up with rows of desks facing the front. A large chalkboard is situated at the front of the class with various equations, and a bookcase filled with books on the subject of Transfiguration set in the corner. A doorway at the front of the classroom leads to a storage closet for the various materials required for transfiguration. The professor's desk is situated in front with a book and several groups of papers neatly arranged on top of it. Lastly, the only odd bit is a stand for birds that is sitting in front of the class next to the desk. The room itself is well-lit, and while simple in design, is set up in a way that is conducive for learning the art of Transfiguration.

Rules of the Classroom
Wands will be present and visible at all times, whether on your desk or in your hand.
Horseplay and fighting is forbidden in the classroom unless you wish a detention and/or loss of house points.
No spells will be directed at another person in the classroom.
Be on time for class.
Talking will only be permitted before class begins and after class is over, otherwise you will stick with the topic at hand during class.
You will bring your supplies to class everyday or you will be forced to sit out the lesson.

Supplies
Wand
Quills and parchment (or their muggle equivalent)

A Guide to Advanced Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

Sixth Year
[ ] Owl to Opera Glasses
[ ] Basic Self Transfiguration
[ ] Human or Animal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:48 pm
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

Owl to Opera Glasses
Noctuam Opera omnia

The word is derived from Latin, Noctuam meaning owl, and opera omnia which translates to opera glasses. The incantation is pronounced noc-TO-wam op-era om-knee-ah.

Looking back at our categories reviewed in Chapter 1, this spell falls under the Transformation branch of Transfiguration. It is used solely to transform an owl into a pair of opera glasses.

This spell emits a bare, fleeting wisp of white vapor from your wand as you gently point your wand to the owl, but no sound is created.

The level of this transfiguration is intermediate.

t= Transformation of an owl into opera glasses
    a= caster must be heavier than the owl being transformed
    v= at least medium-strong
    w= strong
    c= moderate
    Z= well-spoken, completely clear

Please note that if you have an accident while using this spell or need any help, do not hesitate to raise your hand and request assistance.

Please Remember!
    As these spells always require the use of the formula for transfiguration, it shall be listed here. Please keep in mind the correct amounts for each part of the equation.
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:23 pm
User Image
                                                I had a dream the other night
                                                About how we only get one life
                                                Woke me up right after two
                                                Stayed awake and stared at you
                                                So I wouldn't lose my mind

User Image

════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Tʀᴀɴsғɪɢᴜʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Pᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rick was going over the room, making sure to have everything settled in place before the students arrived in class. Everyone currently attending had passed their OWLs, so now it was up to Rick to get them ready for NEWTs. Which, it sounded a lot worse than it actually was, but Rick had confidence that the class could actually do well if given the chance. He gave the room a nod before he settled back to wait for the students to come in, and affectionately scritched the owl sitting on his desk on the crest of its head. Similar owls were scattered through the room, and Rick was glad that he had managed to persuade the birds to help with the assignment. He could undo any damage to them, after all.

As the last of the students entered the classroom, Rick flicked his wand to close the door and looked over the assembled students. "Welcome to NEWT-level Transfiguration people. You have done very well to actually get this far in school, and honestly, I'm going to admit, it's not easy. I'm also going to admit that it's going to get harder from here on out. However, as you've already done well on your OWLs, I don't see you having any issues with your NEWT-level unless you run into a roadblock. As always, if you need help, my office is always open and all you have to do is come by anytime during one of my free periods to get assistance in class."

He then stood up straight, glancing toward the owls scattered throughout the room. "Now, just a bit of something easy to work on before we get into the harder parts of the curriculum. All of you have an owl on your desk. First of all, please be gentle to them, since they did let me bring them to class to practice this lesson's spell. Second of all, you will each practice in pairs on each owl. Again, just be patient and careful in your work, and neither you nor your partner will have problems with the spell itself."

He then turned to the students themselves. "Today's spell is called Noctuam Opera omnia, or owls to opera glasses. This one's a pretty easy spell to ease you into your NEWT course. Basically it does as the spell suggests, and turns the owl in front of you into opera glasses. Now yeah, I know, I don't think you'd ever find a use for this spell in any event outside of maybe the opera if you attend it, but it is a good practice for transfiguring intelligent creatures, which is what we'll do later in the year. Just remember the wand movement we've practised over the past five years, and if you run into a snag and can't untransfigure your owl, just raise your hand and I can assist you." He settled back and waited, feeling a bit glad that they weren't casting the spell on hawks. Owls were bad enough, and he'd spent enough time as a bird to be unnerved whenever transfiguration spells included avians in any form.

════════════════════════
                                                Location: Transfiguration classroom
                                                Thinking: By this point, everyone in the class should be proficient.
                                                Taken by: Malachy Molloy
                                                OOC: If you are quoted as being in this class, please post. There has been an atrocious number of students that have not posted over the terms, and anyone that does not post at least once in this year will receive a ten point deduction from their house.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And I had the week that came from hell
                                                And yes I know that you could tell
                                                But you're like the net under the ledge
                                                When I go flying off the edge
                                                You go flying off as well

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:55 pm
A mind as clear as a cloudless sky...
No room for rust, no room for settled dust.
A waning wild thrown to bygone days...
I’m growing black mud up around my veins;
And I’m going backwards, shutting out the name.

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

ravenclaw chaser │ sixth year prefect│ halfblood

Di wasn't sure why this required a partner- you'd think there were plenty of owls at hand, so having enough couldn't be the issue- maybe in case the owl went a bit mad and tried to claw someone's face off? She rather liked owls, herself, and so felt a bit bad about turning one into a pair of silly opera glasses; who went to the opera anymore? Still, like Professor Drage, her hero, had said, it was good practice, ridiculous as it might be. With a small sigh, she transfigured the sleeping bird, then untransfigured it for her partner.

OOC:
Username

But it’s spiraling, spiraling into something bigger-
Is there something bigger?
Wide awake, but I am sleeping...
I’m lying naked, drunk and dreaming-
Would it all work at all?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:14 pm
Raymond Ara Yuko
Sixth Year Slytherin Prefect
Pureblood Parselmouth
Team Reserve Chaser

User Image User Image
                                              Location : Transfiguration Class - Thursday @ 10:00am

Raymond doubted that transfigurations could get any harder. It was a branch of magic that the Slytherin had little trouble with. Where a lot of people struggled he excelled. Sitting in class, he noted the owls and assumed it had something to do with the lesson plan for the day. Either way he was prepared with his quill and parchment to take notes along with his textbook.

He too wondered why the class required them to partner up. Raymond wasn’t exactly a fan of partnering up as he felt most of his class at the very least weren’t too keen on him. Luckily Nike and Kiley were in the class as well meaning he had at least two people he could socialize with. Now the spell Noctuam Opera omnia sounded pretty pointless. Why would anyone feel the need to turn an owl into an opera glass?

Shrugging that thought off Raymond looked to the bird before grabbing has wand. “noc-TO-wam op-era om-knee-ah.” He said pointing at the bird. It was just like Fera Verto, a spell that transfigured birds into water goblets. Using the same technique he had for that spell he managed to transfigure the owl into an opera glass before transfiguring it back. Easy enough for a NEWT level class.

With: Class...

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Hrm, rather intelligent, I see...
                                              Not to mention you seem to have a tendency to think of yourself first...
                                              I do believe this house is the perfect fit for you...
                                              Slytherin!

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:55 am
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:43 pm
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

Owl to Opera Glasses
Noctuam Opera omnia

The word is derived from Latin, Noctuam meaning owl, and opera omnia which translates to opera glasses. The incantation is pronounced noc-TO-wam op-era om-knee-ah.

Looking back at our categories reviewed in Chapter 1, this spell falls under the Transformation branch of Transfiguration. It is used solely to transform an owl into a pair of opera glasses.

This spell emits a bare, fleeting wisp of white vapor from your wand as you gently point your wand to the owl, but no sound is created.

w= strong
    c= moderate

Please note that if you have an accident while using this spell or need any help, do not hesitate to raise your hand and request assistance.

Please Remember!
    As these spells always require the use of the formula for transfiguration, it shall be listed here. Please keep in mind the correct amounts for each part of the equation.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:45 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Rick was going over the room, making sure to have everything settled in place before the students arrived in class. Everyone currently attending had passed their OWLs, so now it was up to Rick to get them ready for NEWTs. Which, it sounded a lot worse than it actually was, but Rick had confidence that the class could actually do well if given the chance. He gave the room a nod before he settled back to wait for the students to come in, and affectionately scritched the owl sitting on his desk on the crest of its head. Similar owls were scattered through the room, and Rick was glad that he had managed to persuade the birds to help with the assignment. He could undo any damage to them, after all.

As the last of the students entered the classroom, Rick flicked his wand to close the door and looked over the assembled students. "Welcome to NEWT-level Transfiguration people. You have done very well to actually get this far in school, and honestly, I'm going to admit, it's not easy. I'm also going to admit that it's going to get harder from here on out. However, as you've already done well on your OWLs, I don't see you having any issues with your NEWT-level unless you run into a roadblock. As always, if you need help, my office is always open and all you have to do is come by anytime during one of my free periods to get assistance in class."

He then stood up straight, glancing toward the owls scattered throughout the room. "Now, just a bit of something easy to work on before we get into the harder parts of the curriculum. All of you have an owl on your desk. First of all, please be gentle to them, since they did let me bring them to class to practice this lesson's spell. Second of all, you will each practice in pairs on each owl. Again, just be patient and careful in your work, and neither you nor your partner will have problems with the spell itself."

He then turned to the students themselves. "Today's spell is called Noctuam Opera omnia, or owls to opera glasses. This one's a pretty easy spell to ease you into your NEWT course. Basically it does as the spell suggests, and turns the owl in front of you into opera glasses. Now yeah, I know, I don't think you'd ever find a use for this spell in any event outside of maybe the opera if you attend it, but it is a good practice for transfiguring intelligent creatures, which is what we'll do later in the year. Just remember the wand movement we've practised over the past five years, and if you run into a snag and can't untransfigure your owl, just raise your hand and I can assist you." He settled back and waited, feeling a bit glad that they weren't casting the spell on hawks. Owls were bad enough, and he'd spent enough time as a bird to be unnerved whenever transfiguration spells included avians in any form.

════════════════════════
                                                OOC: If you are quoted as being in this class, please post. There has been an atrocious number of students that have not posted over the terms, and anyone that does not post at least once in this year will receive a ten point deduction from their house.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:48 pm
User Image
                                                  I can't sleep tonight. Wide awake and so confused. Everything's in line, but I am bruised.
                                                  I need a voice to echo. I need a light to take me home. I kinda need a hero, is it you?

ℳ𝓸𝓷𝓲𝓴𝓪 𝓣𝓪𝔂𝓵𝓸𝓻 𝓔𝓿𝓪𝓷𝓼
                                                  Sixth Year / Ravenclaw / Muggleborn

I never see the forest for the trees. I could really use your melody.
                                                  Baby I'm a little blind. I think it's time for you to find me.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Monika followed the rest of her classmates into the Transfiguration classroom. She had just finished up in Charms, and still had Runes and Wandlore to go to after lunch, so her day was far from over, but she was almost halfway done. Plus, lunch was after this class. She particularly loved lunchtime because she had a chance to catch up with her friends, including those in other years, as well start on a bit of her homework so her workload wasn't as massive at the end of the day. Taking her seat, she was ready for another year of Transfiguration. She had trouble with this class, but studied and practiced hard, earning a top score on her OWL exam last year. She planned to do the same with her NEWT. Today's lesson was on the owls to opera glasses spell. Monika felt bad for the owls, having one herself, and couldn't imagine ever needing to turn one into a pair of glasses. She wasn't into opera anyways. Regardless, after taking down the notes, the girl collected one of the owls and brought it back to her desk. She pointed her wand at it, thinking about how it would look as a pair of shiny golden opera glasses. Reciting the incantation, she opened her eyes to find, instead of a pair of glasses, a shiny golden owl statue. Um... That's not right. Monika tried again, and again, and again, until she finally got the spell right. She would have to practice more later. Perhaps Theodore wouldn't hate her entirely if she tried the spell on him?

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Can you be my nightingale? Sing to me, I know you're there.
                                                  You could be my sanity, but bring me peace. Sing me to sleep.
                                                  Say you'll be my nightingale.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:36 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Sixth Year Sixteen Years OldSingle

Somehow, and Fianna wasn't quite sure how, but she managed to escape from her Transfiguration OWL with an 'O'; actually she'd racked up sixteen of them, but the Transfiguration was a real feather in her proverbial cap, given how she struggled with the class when she was younger. Much of her issues she got help on by having Linny tutor her, early on, before Fianna felt horribly guilty for the imposition it was on her already stressed and overworked cousin, and buckled down and got over her block. Plus now, if she wanted to be an Auror someday, she needed this class.

Professor Drage was spot-on: there weren't a whole lot of practical applications for this spell, but it was part of the curriculum. She'd felt guilty using Dormir on an owl in Alchemy class, she felt horrible about transforming one into a fashion accessory here; but she told herself if anything went wrong, she'd learned enough in Cursebreaking class to fix whatever mess she caused ... she hoped. 'And this is supposed to be easy...'

Looking at the owl in front of her, she brushed the feathers atop its head, and said softly, "I'm sorry to do this to you. Noctuam Opera omnia!" A wisp of vapour issued from her wand as she pointed it toward the owl. The creature hooted once and then became a pair of small binoculars mounted on a handle whose grip mimicked the appearance of the owl's leg, while the front had a sort of feather pattern done in metallic brass. Fianna hoped the owl didn't suffer while transformed.

OOC:
Username

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:06 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:11 pm
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

Owl to Opera Glasses
Noctuam Opera omnia

w= strong
    c= moderate

Please Remember!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:13 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:56 pm
User Image 

R E Y N AxxxW H Y T E

SIXTHxYEAR xxxxxxSLYTHERINxPREFECTxxxxxxBEATER

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Rey didn't have trouble with transfiguration, unlike many of her peers. She understood the concepts and while the practical side of it was a bit harder, Rey relished the challenge. So when Professor Drage said that it would get even harder, she just felt excited rather than scared; harder meant that it was more fun and satisfying to master. And seeing that they'd be working with intelligent animals this year made Rey even more determined to get the spells right. Decided that she'd go first, she pointed her wand at the owl (which looked at her curiously with those big cute eyes godammit), Rey firmly chanted "noctuam opera omnia." She managed to successfully transfigure the owl into the opera glasses and wasted no time changing it back, letting her partner have a go. She had to wonder why they even started with this spell, it was good as a starter but they could have gone with something a little less outdated, just to get more practise at more practical spells.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
                                                          ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓ 
                                                          a txxTransfiguartion classxxxxxw i t hxxclassmates, Professor Drage 
                                                          f e e l i n gxxanticipationxxxxxw e a r i n gxxher uniform

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c 
                                                      ━━━━ 
                                                      - - - - - - - - - 

username

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Saio Mio Ukida
Sixth Year Hufflepuff Prefect
Adopted ☼ Half-blood

Location : Transfiguration - Thursday @ 10:00am

Saio hardly knew why she continued Transfiguration but here she was in the class. Learning about transfiguring owls into opera glasses. Not something to worry over but she knew things would get more challenging. She was clearly insane taking a class she hardly could manage on a good day. The Hufflepuff took detailed notes from the board. Carefully studying how the spell worked. It was like every other spell they’d done in the past. Hopefully it would be as easy as the spells in the past.

Turning to the owl on the table, Saio took her wand. “Noctuam Opera Omnia.” She said pointing her holly wood wand at the owl. A wisp of white vapor appeared for a fleeting moment as the owl transformed into a glass. “Reparifarge.” The Hufflepuff said quickly turning the owl back to normal before letting her partner have a go.

With: Class...

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

Sixth Year Classes

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out