Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Sixth Year Classes
Transfiguration VI (1/3) *New Class 8/26* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:26 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:27 pm
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

Owl to Opera Glasses
Noctuam Opera omnia

The word is derived from Latin, Noctuam meaning owl, and opera omnia which translates to opera glasses. The incantation is pronounced noc-TO-wam op-era om-knee-ah.

Looking back at our categories reviewed in Chapter 1, this spell falls under the Transformation branch of Transfiguration. It is used solely to transform an owl into a pair of opera glasses.

This spell emits a bare, fleeting wisp of white vapor from your wand as you gently point your wand to the owl, but no sound is created.

The level of this transfiguration is intermediate.

t= Transformation of an owl into opera glasses
    a= caster must be heavier than the owl being transformed
    v= at least medium-strong
    w= strong
    c= moderate
    Z= well-spoken, completely clear

Please note that if you have an accident while using this spell or need any help, do not hesitate to raise your hand and request assistance.

Please Remember!
    As these spells always require the use of the formula for transfiguration, it shall be listed here. Please keep in mind the correct amounts for each part of the equation.
    User Image

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:28 pm
User Image
                                                I had a dream the other night
                                                About how we only get one life
                                                Woke me up right after two
                                                Stayed awake and stared at you
                                                So I wouldn't lose my mind

User Image

════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Tʀᴀɴsғɪɢᴜʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Pᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rick was going over the room, making sure to have everything settled in place before the students arrived in class. Everyone currently attending had passed their OWLs, so now it was up to Rick to get them ready for NEWTs. Which, it sounded a lot worse than it actually was, but Rick had confidence that the class could actually do well if given the chance. He gave the room a nod before he settled back to wait for the students to come in, and affectionately scritched the owl sitting on his desk on the crest of its head. Similar owls were scattered through the room, and Rick was glad that he had managed to persuade the birds to help with the assignment. He could undo any damage to them, after all.

As the last of the students entered the classroom, Rick flicked his wand to close the door and looked over the assembled students. "Welcome to NEWT-level Transfiguration people. You have done very well to actually get this far in school, and honestly, I'm going to admit, it's not easy. I'm also going to admit that it's going to get harder from here on out. However, as you've already done well on your OWLs, I don't see you having any issues with your NEWT-level unless you run into a roadblock. As always, if you need help, my office is always open and all you have to do is come by anytime during one of my free periods to get assistance in class."

He then stood up straight, glancing toward the owls scattered throughout the room. "Now, just a bit of something easy to work on before we get into the harder parts of the curriculum. All of you have an owl on your desk. First of all, please be gentle to them, since they did let me bring them to class to practice this lesson's spell. Second of all, you will each practice in pairs on each owl. Again, just be patient and careful in your work, and neither you nor your partner will have problems with the spell itself."

He then turned to the students themselves. "Today's spell is called Noctuam Opera omnia, or owls to opera glasses. This one's a pretty easy spell to ease you into your NEWT course. Basically it does as the spell suggests, and turns the owl in front of you into opera glasses. Now yeah, I know, I don't think you'd ever find a use for this spell in any event outside of maybe the opera if you attend it, but it is a good practice for transfiguring intelligent creatures, which is what we'll do later in the year. Just remember the wand movement we've practised over the past five years, and if you run into a snag and can't untransfigure your owl, just raise your hand and I can assist you." He settled back and waited, feeling a bit glad that they weren't casting the spell on hawks. Owls were bad enough, and he'd spent enough time as a bird to be unnerved whenever transfiguration spells included avians in any form.

════════════════════════
                                                Location: Transfiguration classroom
                                                Thinking: By this point, everyone in the class should be proficient.
                                                Taken by: Malachy Molloy
                                                OOC: If you are quoted as being in this class, please post. There has been an atrocious number of students that have not posted over the terms, and anyone that does not post at least once in this year will receive a ten point deduction from their house.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And I had the week that came from hell
                                                And yes I know that you could tell
                                                But you're like the net under the ledge
                                                When I go flying off the edge
                                                You go flying off as well

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:12 pm
User Image
Faina Patrovna
Slytherin PrefectSixth YearSixteen Years OldSingle
Dueling Club Captain

Transfiguration was not one of Faina's favourite classes, and, in fact she might have considered dropping it altogether were it not for the fact she needed it to qualify for Auror training. Faina got to class a bit early, so she could get good view of the blackboard, although sharing her desk for the class with an owl was a novelty. She started stroking the feathers atop of the head of the creature.

When class started, Faina was unsurprised when Professor Drage informed them the work would get harder from here on, as it only made sense, and was glad to know he would make himself available to those seeking his help. If turning an owl into a pair of opera glasses was considered a warm-up exercise for what was to come though, it didn't bode well for the complexity of what was to come.

Turning to the owl before her, Faina gestured with her wand, and intoned, "Noctuam Opera Omnia!" A bit of vapour appeared at the tip of her wand, and the owl became a pair of tiny binoculars mounted on a mask with a feather pattern similar to that of the owl 's own. She waited for the professor to assess her work, before casting the necessary magic to undo her work so her partner could have a go at it.

OOC:
Username

Taken by Lucien Markov

User Image
                      "And you ask me what I want this year
                      And I try to make this kind and clear
                      Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
                      Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
                      And desire and love and empty things
                      Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger