Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
NEEDING PRAYERS

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yummycupcakessparkles

12,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:47 pm
I really need lots of prayers please. heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:43 pm
yummycupcakessparkles
I really need lots of prayers please. heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart

Sure will, but in what areas do you need prayer?  

Biblical_Counselor

TsukikuroiMai

Naughty Fox

13,490 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:14 am
The_Cross_Still_Stands
yummycupcakessparkles

Even if it is unspoken to us, we will still carry you in prayer. Jeremiah 17:10 - "I am the LORD who searches the heart, who tests the inner depths to give to each person according to what he deserves." Assistance to the Heart  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:10 pm
TsukikuroiMai
The_Cross_Still_Stands
yummycupcakessparkles

Even if it is unspoken to us, we will still carry you in prayer. Jeremiah 17:10 - "I am the LORD who searches the heart, who tests the inner depths to give to each person according to what he deserves." Assistance to the Heart

A word of warning: the following that was said in the linked-to sermon is unsupported by Scripture, and is his own reasoning (though the main theme of obeying God's Commands was fine):

Quote:
        It appears that instead of Noah's righteousness rubbing off on the others, that they contaminated Noah, for if Noah had no evil intent, and remained truly righteous, he would not have killed innocent animals.

[...]

However, Noah obviously prayed for his own forgiveness, and for the members of his family, and for the animals aboard the ark, but we seriously doubt that any of the animals sinned.

First paragraph above, he needs to be careful with his reasoning because whatever God Commands cannot be unrighteousness or sin, "[...] for sin is the transgression of the law" (1 John 3:4 KJV) and He said "[...] what other nation is so great as to have such righteous decrees and laws as this body of laws I am setting before you today?" (Deuteronomy 4:8 KJV). Having said that, God gave Commands in His Law for how to do just that: kill/cook innocent animals. It's not wrong/unrighteous/sin/breaking of His Law a.k.a. not breaking of His Commandments to do so:

• Leviticus 17:13 (NIV)

13 “‘Any Israelite or any foreigner residing among you who hunts any animal or bird that may be eaten must drain out the blood and cover it with earth,

• Deuteronomy 12:15-16 (NIV)

15 Nevertheless, you may slaughter your animals in any of your towns and eat as much of the meat as you want, as if it were gazelle or deer, according to the blessing the Lord your God gives you. Both the ceremonially unclean and the clean may eat it. 16 But you must not eat the blood; pour it out on the ground like water.

Our Heavenly Father even detailed the animals that are food for mankind in Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14 (clearly, this is under these fallen, cursed earth conditions in this present age, no longer perfect Eden, nor the new earth in the next age to come, where not even animals eat one another).

Another unstable area: this pastor is assuming to know why Noah is sacrificing and for whom when the chapters themselves do not explicitly say for whom and for what purpose (Genesis 8:20). They just say Noah took some of the clean animals to make a burnt offering. That's all. It offers no details such as, "because Noah had been sinning", neither does it say, "because of Noah's family—which God never called righteous", though even the latter would have made more sense to assume and thus that Noah wanted to atone for their sins (like Job would do for his kids). This Pastor is taking way too much artistic liberty to say, "Noah became contaminated by their behavior". But at the end of the day, we can't say with 100% certainty the reason why Noah was making a burnt offering. Scripture does not explicitly say why.

About what was said by the Pastor in the second paragraph of the sermon quotation above, there's also no explicit Scriptural mention of the things Noah prayed for so it's inaccurate to say, "obviously he prayed for this or that".

---

Having said that, amen, God knows who in their hearts are obeying His Commands and every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. Sometimes He is merciful to the father's household or to one righteous person's whole house (another example being Rahab, but in her case, more so for trusting in God, fearing Him, and wanting to save His people, not so much for living in accord with His Commands as perfectly as Noah's example). However, I must alert everyone that God showing favour to the whole household of one righteous person is not always the case:

• Ezekiel 14:12-14 (NIV)

12 The word of the Lord came to me: 13 “Son of man, if a country sins against me by being unfaithful and I stretch out my hand against it to cut off its food supply and send famine upon it and kill its people and their animals, 14 even if these three men—Noah, Daniel[a] and Job—were in it, they could save only themselves by their righteousness, declares the Sovereign Lord.

Footnotes:

a. Ezekiel 14:14 Or Danel, a man of renown in ancient literature; also in verse 20

Sometimes the level of stubborness and rebellion is so high in the other members of the household that God won't have mercy on the others, just the righteous individuals in the house. In such a generation/circumstance, not even Noah's family would be saved, just Noah alone, as the above verse reveals.

That being said, whatever you need prayer for, yummycupcakessparkles, I agree, God knows your heart. Heed God's Commands, every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. May He lead you into all safety and truth, out of his great favour and mercy, as you trust in Him.

cristobela
Vice Captain

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:38 pm
I will keep you in my prayers. 8'3  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:56 pm
OtakuKat

I'am still needing big prayers. heart heart heart heart heart  

yummycupcakessparkles

12,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:11 pm
yummycupcakessparkles
OtakuKat

Of course. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:18 am
yummycupcakessparkles

I'll pray for you, as well. Remember Joshua 1:5: God promised never to leave us nor forsake us. Phil. 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."  

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250

yummycupcakessparkles

12,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:41 pm
DragonFang099
yummycupcakessparkles

I'll pray for you, as well. Remember Joshua 1:5: God promised never to leave us nor forsake us. Phil. 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Thank you that you will pray for me.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:53 pm
yummycupcakessparkles
DragonFang099
yummycupcakessparkles

Thank you that you will pray for me.

You're quite welcome!  

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash