Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:18 am
Soooo... Sun and Moon released here in the states today!
My beau and I have a copy of each; he took Sun, so I got Moon.
I'm suuuuper excited.
Any of you out there pick up a copy at the midnight release, picking one up today, or hoping to get a copy in the near future?
And who's your favorite starter this gen?
I'm fire cat, all the way, I've been so excited about it since they first showed him off!
Though the female player character's hat is atrocious (Hi, I'm chicken cone head!), I'm hoping I find a hat store as quickly as I did in Y and can find something considerably less... awful looking.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:39 am
I would buy them, but I don't have a Nintendo 3dS. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with them. biggrin  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:20 am
I got "Pokemon Moon" last night on launch day. Picked the seal because it was an interesting design. Sure is different than the usual gym battles followed by Pokemon League formula like in Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh and so forth. Can't wait to see all the new Pokemon around the Alola region! ^_^*  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:28 am
Blind Blindness
I would buy them, but I don't have a Nintendo 3dS. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with them. biggrin

My 3DS is one of the old ones.
A black one from one of the first couple batches of released systems.
It's actually a hand-down from my beau, I wanted to play the last gen of Pokemon with him and he wanted a new system, so it was a win for both of us.
I kinda wish you had one so I could find out what kind of pokemon you'd choose for a team, haha~
Will you be following the news on the new Alola pokemon even though you don't play?

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:38 am
Princess Zelda21
I got "Pokemon Moon" last night on launch day. Picked the seal because it was an interesting design. Sure is different than the usual gym battles followed by Pokemon League formula like in Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh and so forth. Can't wait to see all the new Pokemon around the Alola region! ^_^*

A fellow Moon player!
My beau went out last night to pick ours up at the midnight release, we have a cute little poster to show for it.
I'm loving the reversed day/night formula for Moon, I'm glad it's the one I ended up with since I keep such weird schedules usually.
I was so tempted to pick the seal! It looked so cute. (The little animation where it claps its tail, oh my goodness, almost cute overload.)
Before Y I had a track record of usually selecting the water starter (I do, indeed, 'liek mudkipz'), but I have a serious soft spot for cats, so I had to go Litten in the end this time around.
They seem to have really ramped up the animations and overall graphics, it's absolutely gooooorgeous, and I'm so excited to experience the new features and meet all the new lovelies around the islands.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:46 am
Queen Spazzy
Princess Zelda21

A fellow Moon player!
My beau went out last night to pick ours up at the midnight release, we have a cute little poster to show for it.
I'm loving the reversed day/night formula for Moon, I'm glad it's the one I ended up with since I keep such weird schedules usually.
I was so tempted to pick the seal! It looked so cute. (The little animation where it claps its tail, oh my goodness, almost cute overload.)
Before Y I had a track record of usually selecting the water starter (I do, indeed, 'liek mudkipz'), but I have a serious soft spot for cats, so I had to go Litten in the end this time around.
They seem to have really ramped up the animations and overall graphics, it's absolutely gooooorgeous, and I'm so excited to experience the new features and meet all the new lovelies around the islands.

Pardon me, I meant to say I did get my copy on launch day when midnight came around. Yeah, I hear you! So much new content and new story! I normally picked either grass or water starters with each of my other Pokemon games, except for White part one and two I think. For both I picked the fire starter. I started in last night, but then decided I'd continue getting through the prologue of the Alola story line again. This'll be interesting exploring the place inspired by Polynesian culture, mainly with some of the new Pokemon. ^_^*  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:14 pm
Blind Blindness
Queen Spazzy
Blind Blindness

My 3DS is one of the old ones.
A black one from one of the first couple batches of released systems.
It's actually a hand-down from my beau, I wanted to play the last gen of Pokemon with him and he wanted a new system, so it was a win for both of us.
I kinda wish you had one so I could find out what kind of pokemon you'd choose for a team, haha~
Will you be following the news on the new Alola pokemon even though you don't play?

Lol yeah, I'll probably hear about it from my friends (hopefully you!). xd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:45 am
Princess Zelda21
Pardon me, I meant to say I did get my copy on launch day when midnight came around. Yeah, I hear you! So much new content and new story! I normally picked either grass or water starters with each of my other Pokemon games, except for White part one and two I think. For both I picked the fire starter. I started in last night, but then decided I'd continue getting through the prologue of the Alola story line again. This'll be interesting exploring the place inspired by Polynesian culture, mainly with some of the new Pokemon. ^_^*

I can hardly wait to explore the new Z-moves and see more of the story unfold, it's all just so amazing, I'm totally starstruck, so many new things to see and do!
I don't think I've ever chosen a grass type starter, which... is weird, now that I think about it. (Though I'll admit X/Y's Chespin almost got me, SO CUTE, I like cute things.)
My beau and I have yet to get our hands on copies of any of the black/white games. Which is a shame, I really want to play them, but they've been hard to find for us. Perhaps we'll get lucky someday.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:15 am
Blind Blindness

Ahaha, let's not kid ourselves, it's my current obsession, so I probably will ramble about them to you.
In fact, I'm about to be off to try to catch an Alolan rattata!
From what I can tell in the pokedex, he's times based, and I missed his window by a smidge yesterday, uwaaaah. ;w;
[spoiler, just in case anyone wants to meet the new pokemon themselves first, as I'll be describing them!]
Instead of the normal purple, the Alola version is black, seems to prefer walking about like a biped instead of the normal one's quadrupedal stance, and its whiskers look rather more like a mustache than, well, whiskers.
I'm not yet very far (because of obsessive tendencies that make me want to complete my pokedex), so he's the only Alolan version of an old 'mon I've met so far, but I can keep you posted on Alolan qt3.14s as I meet them. cat_wink
(I DO, however, have a couple of the brand new pokemon; one is Yungoos, a pokemon that looks like a mongoose that apparently, as my beau so nicely... enlightened me about last night, is known in meme as the 'Trump pokemon'; the other is Pikipek, a woodpecker pokemon who I expect will follow in Fletchling's [Fletchling being one of the most overpowered flying types of X/Y once fully evolved] footsteps as far as evolution goes.)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:55 am
Queen Spazzy
Blind Blindness

Ahaha, let's not kid ourselves, it's my current obsession, so I probably will ramble about them to you.
From what I can tell in the pokedex, he's times based, and I missed his window by a smidge yesterday, uwaaaah. ;w;
[spoiler, just in case anyone wants to meet the new pokemon themselves first, as I'll be describing them!]
Instead of the normal purple, the Alola version is black, seems to prefer walking about like a biped instead of the normal one's quadrupedal stance, and its whiskers look rather more like a mustache than, well, whiskers.
I'm not yet very far (because of obsessive tendencies that make me want to complete my pokedex), so he's the only Alolan version of an old 'mon I've met so far, but I can keep you posted on Alolan qt3.14s as I meet them. cat_wink
(I DO, however, have a couple of the brand new pokemon; one is Yungoos, a pokemon that looks like a mongoose that apparently, as my beau so nicely... enlightened me about last night, is known in meme as the 'Trump pokemon'; the other is Pikipek, a woodpecker pokemon who I expect will follow in Fletchling's [Fletchling being one of the most overpowered flying types of X/Y once fully evolved] footsteps as far as evolution goes.)

Ahaha, my friend was showing me the Trump pokemon yesterday, so I know what you're referring too. Also that's interesting about the Rattata. Please do keep us informed. 3nodding  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:48 am
Blind Blindness
Queen Spazzy
Blind Blindness

Ahaha, my friend was showing me the Trump pokemon yesterday, so I know what you're referring too. Also that's interesting about the Rattata. Please do keep us informed. 3nodding

Well... not only did I catch a Rattata...
I also caught a SHINY Rattata.
The first shiny I have ever, in my entire life, encountered.
I also went on to catch a bunch of other pokemon, but none of them are new or Alolan.
My beau has an Alolan Grimer, though.
I know it's different colors from a normal Grimer, but I don't know much else since I've only glanced it in passing.
(He's further than I am because I'm training obsessively. Which, according to what he's read, is the better playstyle to have, apparently, because the near end game content (whatever the Alola equivalent for the final four is, I suppose) is allegedly harder than it has been in previous games.)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:16 am
Queen Spazzy
Blind Blindness
Queen Spazzy
Blind Blindness

Well... not only did I catch a Rattata...
I also caught a SHINY Rattata.
The first shiny I have ever, in my entire life, encountered.
I also went on to catch a bunch of other pokemon, but none of them are new or Alolan.
My beau has an Alolan Grimer, though.
I know it's different colors from a normal Grimer, but I don't know much else since I've only glanced it in passing.
(He's further than I am because I'm training obsessively. Which, according to what he's read, is the better playstyle to have, apparently, because the near end game content (whatever the Alola equivalent for the final four is, I suppose) is allegedly harder than it has been in previous games.)

Ooo...interesting! Yeah, training works...I agree!  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:04 pm
Blind Blindness

You get to be the person other than my beau that I send excited messages about pokemon to. >>;
(Another spoiler, in case someone wants to meet the pokemon before reading about them.)
I CAUGHT AN ALOLA MEOWTH!!
SHE'S SO AWESOME.
Her animations are so sassy, oh my gosh.
Her evolve form, Persian, is kinda... eh.
Looks like she has a mouth full of bees, kinda, it's awkward.
The actual body is great, and I love the coloring (they're kinda silvery instead of a cream color), but that face, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get past it, haha~
Hopefully Alolan Persian's animations will make up for the bee face, but I've got a while before I can find out, apparently, because I have to build up friendship with her, and that's.... time consuming. =w=;

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:01 pm
I really really miss playing Pokemon on the GBC and GBA... know I had a DS lite at one point but don't know if I ever bought any Pokemon games on it... the newer ones certainly sound interesting o,o  

Gear Bush

Eternal Lunatic

Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas