Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Host Websites for Posting Photos on Gaia Online

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:17 am
Greetings Everyone,

Our Crew Member KayaLing asked me an important question about posting photos on Gaia Online. Keep in mind that any photos posted on Gaia Online and especially in this Guild must follow this Guilds rules and the Gaia Online TOS. PG-13 or under only please.

I did some quick checking. Gaia Online does support what they call Host Websites for direct posting of pictures / photos. The following Host Websites listed below I found out about at our Affiliated Guild "The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild (NSTG)" They have a lot of resources that let you know about a lot of different things on Gaia Online. If you haven't yet check out our affiliated Guild.

Host Websites:
1. Photobucket This is one of the most popular sites that a lot of people use. Recently, they've changed their policy, so now you either have to pay to use them or just completely switch to another Host Website.
2. TinyPic I recommend checking out this website. I did a quick check and like this website. I've noticed that a few Gaians use it.
3. ImageShack
4. acparadise.com This is a website that Cosplayers use to show off their Cosplay Outfits on.
5. Imgur

I posted on the "The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild (NSTG)" asking if they know about anymore Host Websites. Basically, I think that websites where you can create an account and save photos for use elsewhere will work. Trial and error works best for me. Good luck and let us know how well the other websites work out.

If you post photos in your Gaia Online Signature make sure to follow the Guidelines stated for doing that.

I will look into other Host Websites and add to the above list in the future.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:27 pm
Hi Everyone,

Here are a couple of Gaia Online Forum Discussion Links to check out for any questions that you may have about using 3rd Party Image Host Websites. They also go into detail as to what happened to Photobucket a few months ago if case you are still wondering.

If you have any further questions about posting photos, images, etc on Gaia Online either ask one of the Gaia Online Website Monitors or post your question on one of the discussion threads.

List of Alternatives to Photobucket

Image Site Links

Smithers456 (Ron)
Guild Captain  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
Convention Forum