Submit

Supreme EmilyOG

Adorable Fatcat

8,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:25 am
Do you ever cosplay? If so... Who? From what game, anime, etc.?

If you haven't ever cosplayed, who or what would you like to cosplay as?

heart Stay Weird heart  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:32 pm
I'm ashamed to say I've never actually cosplayed, but if I did, I would go for minor characters, possibly ones that only appeared in one episode, so only the truely raving lunatic fans would recognize me. One example might be Yura of the Hair, from Inuyasha. I find the one offs to be much more interesting than the main characters, which has me competing against 100 other people who all have the same costume, and probably spent WAY more time and money on it than I would have. The goal is supposed to be to have fun, but too often getting the costume right is a priority, cause if you have a bad costume, EVERYONE will comment on it, and you won't have any fun at all. stare

Learned this from just WATCHING Comic Cons on T.V. Which may be why I've never actually done it. Well, that, and I always seem to be dead broke whenever they come to town. rolleyes  

Priestess_Kelina

Hilarious Gaian

1,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Speedira Windira

Mind-boggling Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:03 pm
If I was brave enough to cosplay,I'd probably dress up as one of my favorite characters.Though most of my favs are dudes since there are few female characters that I like.xD

...I'd have to drop a few more inches from waist though if I did get brave enough.... -seen the awful comments towards anyone considered plump-.w.;  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:09 pm
I absolutely LOVE cosplay!!!!!! blaugh blaugh blaugh

Last year was my first time cosplaying, and it was at a small, local con. I went as Magnus Chase from the Rick Riordan book series. Sadly nobody recognized me, and one person guessed I was Finn from Adventure Time (I had the blonde hair, blue backpack, and gold sword, so... plausible, I guess?? sweatdrop ).

I'm currently working on a movie-accurate Doctor Strange cosplay for NYCC. It's complex, and a lot of effort, but it'll look so cool and be totally worth it in the end!!!  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:07 am
Man, you all sound like you've only experienced the worst of cons!
I go to Ohayocon when I can, and I've not found it nearly as... harsh as what has been described.
I've cosplayed with my beau a few times.
We went as Kaylee and Jane from Firefly one year, Jackie and his girlfriend (whose name I can't remember for the life of me) from The Darkness another, and Shiro and Sora from No Game No Life the last one we went to.
I really want to do Cid and Y'Shtola from Final Fantasy XIV, but I'll probably have to settle for trying to talk him into doing Gladiolus and his sister Iris from Final Fantasy XV if we're going this year because, once again, he's said boo about going so I've not worked on anything again this year, which means I'll have to try to thrift something together last minute, as usual.
I'll have to figure out how to do the tattoos for Gladio, though, because there's no way my beau would go to the con in Gladio's MAIN outfit (a short sleeved jacket with no shirt underneath), which means we'll have to use one of his no coat outfits, and the character's arms are COVERED in ink.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:43 am
I've cosplayed Western characters more than Asian ones. lolol

my first cosplay was the Evil Stepmother/Queen from Snow White, and then 2 Just Dance (the video game) coaches... there's also a failed version of Agent Peggy Carter (my hair won't cooperate).

I have Jaehee Kang from Mystic Messenger as my only Asian character.

My dream cosplay (and would probably pull off next year) is Wonder Woman from WW Issue #600. She wears leather pants instead of the signature skirt and/or shorts but still recognizable. whee  

Millsology

Liberal Ladykiller

Splodges

Beloved Cutie-Pie

27,640 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:53 pm
I've never cosplayed before. I've always wanted to. If I could cosplay as anyone it would be Robbie the Rabbit from Silent Hill. I've always loved that stuffed bunny.  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games