View Results

sesshiyasha

Deadly Werewolf

14,425 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:50 pm
Ok so, this came about just a little while ago, and I came up with this idea as I was chatting about things.

SO MY IDEA!!

What if we had another MCCL listing in the Trading post where colorists could come in and pick up ponies who were hoping for items. This could be for stock items or Custom items.

Reasons for this:
I think this would be awesome and I think that we could allow maybe two ponies or three ponies with one of those ponies maybe being a stock edit slot.
Some colorists may not have the time or have the muse to do a full edited pony, but maybe they feel like they could take someone and give them a necklace that is something the pony got ICly but doesn't have on their art. It would just be something fun that colorists could go through and pick and choose what they wanted to do whenever they had the time.
If someone does do a custom item then they could ask if the template/item could be donated to the Stock Item Pool. This could even increase our amount of stock items and give more splicing choices and options! <3

A bit of further explanation:
I know we have MCCL lists for Breedings and such but.... I was just thinking that I would love to have a couple items for a couple of my ponies. For example, in Demetri's family they pass down an Ankh to their sons. It's mostly the boys that get it, but daughters can get them as well, this is something Zanzibar's ancestors have done for generations and currently Demetri's art doesn't have him with an Ankh, but ICly he still acquires one from Zanzibar. My request would simply be to put an Ankh on him somewhere on a chain, so a simple item.

^.^ Not sure how everyone would feel about this, but I likes the idea!!! <3 If anyone has any further ideas or suggestions I am all open for it!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:56 pm
It could potentially be a neat idea!

I'd even be alright with submitting RPs where they get (or make) the actual item, especially if its a custom item. I also like the idea to where you could allow the item to be donated to the stock items pool if the colorist is cool with it.  

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:49 am
I've been considering opening for custom items since I was hired last year but things have been pretty back to back so far. It's a nice rare treat that I know Mind and some other have done in the past but I'm not sure about making it into a whole MCCL like the breedings.

My problem with it is this, take breedings for example, they have rolled slots and then MCCL on top of that. If items were just MCCL, then people would say how they never get picked or something about favouritism. That's why I'd prefer to keep it as a rare thing that pops up when colourists have the chance, colourists can choose to roll or they can choose different themes like RP style questions, fun things like that, rather than another MCCL style thread. MCCL style threads are not as special as threads that pop up occasionally say like through events and random freebies, they're kinda just like going through the motions of doing things.

Tl;Dr
- It's a bit different to breedings because there are no rolled slots, which would make some people feel like they're being left out which could lead to frustration in some people.
- This why I prefer for them to pop up during special events with different themes and activities, basically things like that instead.

Comparison:
Breedings --> Rolled slots + MCCL
Stock Item Slots ---> Shop sales + MCCL
Custom Item Slots ---> MCCL  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:52 am
Maybe instead of a MCCL it could just be a storage place for forms where colorists could CC /or/ roll (kind of more like the CYO format) - it means it would need more maintenance, though.

I really like the idea in general of there being more custom item slots - as well as the idea of them being able to be adapted into stock items - especially with how creative non-edit colorists are getting and being able to use templates however they like means more variation in the template can yield to some really diverse unedited soquili.

Maybe being okay with the items being converted into stock items could be a caveat .

Alternatively/in theory it could also be a good training ground for unedited colorists who wanted to build a "resume" if they want to try to become an edited colorist.  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces