Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
Ex-Witch Reveals Connection Between Yoga and Satan

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:52 am
12:00PM EST 12/15/2016 JESSILYN JUSTICE

Yoga is a form of spiritual alignment with the Hindu goddess Shakti, ex-witch Beth Eckert says in a new video.

"I know that there is such a huge controversy around yoga," Eckert says. "If you look at yoga, it just seems like this great way to get healthy and align your body and your spirit and stretch, and people just absolutely love it."

But don't be deceived.

Continue reading: link  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:40 pm
edited to clarify wording

Amen.

I think those of us who come from a pagan past prior to converting can more readily detect what is not of Christ upon converting. Many things have been adopted into the "Christian culture" that, over the generations, people forget where those practices come from. But it's not of Christ, even when they try to put Christ's name on it and all up in it.

One thing that needs clarifying (or re-emphasizing) though: what the article said about meditation, for those unaware, specifically the eastern idea of "emptying your mind" / trying to stop thinking. In contrast, what you find in Scripture is filling your mind with the Commands of God, thinking about His Commands, deeply, day and night.

• Joshua 1:8 (NIV)

8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

• Psalm 1:1-2 (NIV)

Blessed is the one
            who does not walk in step with the wicked
        or stand in the way that sinners take
            or sit in the company of mockers,
        2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
            and who meditates on his law day and night.

cristobela
Vice Captain

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:54 pm
I once heard someone mention yoga being satanic....Man I am so glad I stopped a long time ago.  
Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games