Something I'd like to see
  Not interested
  I have a different idea (post)
  I'm here for the gold!
View Results

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:35 pm
Hello! Quick suggestion that popped into my brain upon seeing the re-custom slots opening for older ponies. I thought it might be a fun idea to offer the opportunity for soquili to get their "hair done" at mini shops with the templated mane and tail options. Whether or not staff wanted to allow template splicing or eventually to perhaps allow some colorists to turn unedited manes into edited manes is totally up to them. Also there should probably be some sort of limit or cooldown on it so soquili don't end up with 10 different options for hair but maybe just to open up the option to have one different alternative cert for soquili if someone isn't wholly satisfied with a certain template, for plot purposes, or just for fun. My thought is since Hair grows, gets cut, colored etc it would make sense in canon for a soquili to try a different hairstyle and still be recognized as themselves by their family and friends. This isn't something I'm going to be heartbroken over if it never happens, just a quick idea I wanted to throw out there for people to take or leave as they see fit n_n.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:45 pm
We have discussed this before, and if I remember correctly, the issue with the idea is that without PSDs of the Soqs getting "haircuts," the colorist would basically have to do an entire recustom.
For example, long manes (and other hairstyles) cover part of the horse's face. Going from a long mane to a braided, short, or pretty much anything, really, would be impossible without erasing the mane from the face and having to recolor it. And since most colorists don't keep PSDs of the ponies they've colored (I can't even imagine how much hard drive space that would take up), it would simply not be feasible or realistic.

I'm just spouting things I remembered from the last time this came up. You can read the full thread Here.  

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:04 pm
.Tortured. .Pumpkin.
We have discussed this before, and if I remember correctly, the issue with the idea is that without PSDs of the Soqs getting "haircuts," the colorist would basically have to do an entire recustom.
For example, long manes (and other hairstyles) cover part of the horse's face. Going from a long mane to a braided, short, or pretty much anything, really, would be impossible without erasing the mane from the face and having to recolor it. And since most colorists don't keep PSDs of the ponies they've colored (I can't even imagine how much hard drive space that would take up), it would simply not be feasible or realistic.

I'm just spouting things I remembered from the last time this came up. You can read the full thread Here.

Thanks for the link!! I see what you're saying, thats definitely a big concern!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:32 pm
No problem! <3
It's certainly a really great idea in theory, but it would be difficult to put into practice, which is a super bummer. XD I have plenty of Soqs who'd love a new do.  

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces