Welcome to Gaia! ::

Something Like That

Back to Guilds

Just a bunch of crazy non-humans hanging out. XD 

Tags: random, sexyfine, non-humans, international, hang-out 

Reply Something Like That -- HULLO, EVERYONE! ANGRY KITSUNE IS BACK!
Everyones Life Updates? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hows life?
  good
  bad
  squirrel
View Results

KoRoShItA

Unbeatable Member

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:07 pm
Life is cool. 3nodding

Finished my associates in Fashion Design and won a trip to Paris for a month to study Haute Couture. heart

Now I'm working as a Finisher at a Fur Vault. I sew buttons, linings, and small stuff like that.

I'm applying for school in NY for a Technical Design degree. Hopefully I'll be able to get in and go to NYC next year.

Mostly just bumming around the house too. It's been a while since I've been on here so some of yall probably dont remember me. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:12 pm
A LITTLE LATE TO THE GAME but I'm an intern for the provincial government!

Just after settling in and calling Vancouver my home, I (temporarily) moved up to northern BC!

I'll be moving to Victoria after this, where I already have a job offer within government!  

guck the what

Angry Kitsune
Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:47 pm
Hello, all. I will be taking my time going through these posts in this thread. Okay, my life for the past year:

Was forced by the Ministry of Education to return to the university here to do a Post-graduate Diploma in Education for the past year. All teachers have to do it in order to remain in teaching. Had a tough time at it since the last time I was in uni was back in 2008. rolleyes It was worse since my admin at my school refused to lighten my class load in order to allow me study time ---- please note: all schools generally make such allocations for their Dip. Ed. teachers--- and so, I was teaching a full curriculum AND studying on the side whilst trying to prep my lessons and lab sessions for the school.

To make matters worse, the Dip Ed programme is more suited to the American Education System as opposed to the one in the Caribbean and so it was basically a waste of time to do, since the students here are a whole new breed and don't really connect with the theories in the programme. I ended up having a mental breakdown and my sister had to bail me out in the end and help me do the write-up for the Action Research Project I had to do. She was actually my rock for the year, which was totally surprising since we have always been at loggerheads our whole lives. Guess she felt sorry for me. Yeah. I'm not proud of my falling apart at such a crucial time. sweatdrop

My baby cousin-- 6 months old-- was born with a rare liver disorder called biliary atresia. The government here has a Children Life Fund for emergency cases like him and so he is currently in Argentina, awaiting his liver transplant. His mother ended up having to be the donor instead of his aunt since the lab here made a huge error with a fundamental test--- i.e. she ended up not being a match for him. This was discovered when the docs in Argentina re-did the lab tests. Their surgeries are now on October 6th. We're super nervous for them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:49 pm
Camera 0bscura
Where are you people gonk I haven't talked to many of you in so long. emo
So whats new with all of you, hows life going?

For me still same old boring life LOL been single for over a year though it doesn't bother me weirdly. Started working out again ( i feel like i always say this LOL ) but i got this sweet fitbit charge 2 its totally sweet as hell. xD
and still same job but my Assistant Manager just quit so I might apply for that position biggrin even though I hate my job figure i can get experience from it.

Oh yes, I'm still rocking the single life like you but at least you have someone you're interested in. I'm beginning to fear that maybe I'm asexual or something. No one here interests me at all.
Congrats on your new exercise regime! I haven't exercised in over a year. Haha. If I were living around you, I would totally work out with you.

Angry Kitsune
Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

Angry Kitsune
Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:51 pm
guck the what
A LITTLE LATE TO THE GAME but I'm an intern for the provincial government!

Just after settling in and calling Vancouver my home, I (temporarily) moved up to northern BC!

I'll be moving to Victoria after this, where I already have a job offer within government!

You sound excited so I'm happy for you. Congrats on your new job and your new move! I hope that it all works out for you in the end and that you totally love it. 3nodding

@Koro I totally remember you! Hope you remember me. burning_eyes Amazing win on the Paris trip! I'm proud of you and your successes! Keep us posted.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:56 pm
ADSOC
I honestly have no idea where to begin... Let alone what was last talked about...

Nov 2016 I broke up with my ex of 5 years and a couple months later [March], I met a wonderful human. We got engaged July 3rd, 2016 and planning wedding in Aug 2018. In that time, I've been living with a couple buddies of mine.

I am a double supervisor at my work now [not as glam as it seems].

My parents are headed to a divorce after almost 30 years of marriage... That's a long story, but the sum up is my mum is mentally unstable.

My sister and niece may be coming to see me in the summer.

I has a new vehicle lol much nicer to drive and less work to keep it running.

Graduated college with an AA in Fine Arts. I want to continue with school, but my bills take priority, unfortunately.

uhm.. I'm pretty sure there's more, but that's the major stuff lol

Hi, Feesha! Congrats on your engagement, your car and your new degree! wahmbulance Your life is bittersweet at the moment, I know. Live for the joys and be there for your parents. This is definitely hard on all parties involved, regardless of how you feel about your Mom. I hope that it all works out in the end for you guys. Stay strong and draw strength from your SO.

Angry Kitsune
Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

Angry Kitsune
Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:00 pm
digi162
- Got a job where I was promoted to manager in like a month lol, was able to transfer it up here and have been at it for over a year now.
- Opened up a savings account a long time ago, been pouring money into that nonstop, not sure what I want to use it on yet.
- Met someone online, we ended up visiting each other, I moved up to be with her, and we have been together over a year.
- Took a Greyhound bus on a 26 hour solo bus ride from LA to Tacoma in the winter. Lots of layovers in places like Medford, Portland, Sacramento, and the best being Avenal in the Hillcrest Travel Plaza. Did another long journey/move with my girlfriend starting from Ventura to Tacoma but with stops at Santa Barbara, Solvang, San Francisco @ Twin Peaks and Pier 39, Portland, etc. We've traveled together to a few cool places up here like Leavenworth, ocean shores, Seattle, Tukwila, etc.
- Had to give up my cat Lilly in order to move, couldn't bring her with me, said goodbye to her at the foster place and probably cried the hardest I ever have in my life.
- Got settled in this area at the end of summer, ride the Sounder trains and use Orca a lot to get everywhere around here.
- I do volunteer work almost once a week at a Montessori school creating materials, having kids read to me, or I get to do activities with them.
- Just recently got an apartment with my girlfriend, 2 bed 2 bathroom, with a large a** living room. It overlooks a creek with walking trails, and is next door to a grocery store (takes literally 5 minutes to walk from my door to it haha).

Your life has been super busy! Congrats on your new mate! It sucks that you had to give up Lilly, though. Do you stay updated with her and her new foster family? Congrats on your travelling around. Sounds like total fun I have zero dollars in my savings account, though! crying

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:04 pm
Master of the Arcana
Even though you have me on FB and know every aspect about whats going on with me, I'll post it here so everyone else besides you and Ria know lol

>Moved to Texas at the end of 2015
>Was doing paid Medical studies for a while before I developed a Hypoactive Thyroid issue
>Austin was getting too expensive, so we moved to Temple instead
>While in Austin, I managed to get hired on as an overnight associate for Walgreens
>Transferred stores
>Still get emails from my ex saying that she loves and wants to be Mrs. MoTA
>Shot that down, yet she still wants me... ugh
>Had a date a few weeks ago
>She hasn't texted me in a few weeks, so I'm not gonna pursue that especially when she claims she doesn't need anyone, but is looking for a Husband... wut
>Came back to Gaia a week ago after some major drama went down between a couple of guilds I was in as well as the GD
>Got a brand new gaming computer
>Now Im here

annnnnd that's all folks!

Congrats on everything! I'm proud of you and your hard work. Happy that you nipped that shet in the bud with you ex. You don't need all that nonsense cluttering your life. Congrats on your gaming computer! I need a new laptop. None of the CPU fans are working and the speakers are shot. It crawls like a snail to do anything. I'm too poor currently to buy one. crying

Angry Kitsune
Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

Angry Kitsune
Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:08 pm
Bloody Madness
Kenneth walk into the room. will I know I been away from some time,yet again but this time, let say it just bad luck. the mother above me got a cat and we are not allowed to have pets in the house we are rent and one day she turn on the bath tub and fill it with water and thing to herself. Great time to cook supper and eat. Bath tub over fill and when I get home from a 12 hour work day and unlocked and open the door to my apartment. My floor was cover in water, it was coming outside. the water was running down my wall through the lighting and just every where! I call the landlord, used everything I could used to try to save my wooden floors and my stuff and once the landlord find out, they came out. the mother above up move out and toss her trash all over the ground in the back yard and in front too. what a dirt bag. Anyways. the Landlord was piss at her. She had damage the full house below. My Home and damage the above part too but not as bad. so I been help the landlord fixed,paint and cover the hole in the walls until they fixed my home down below and I been picking up bags and bags of her trash and tossing it out. my life suck at the time but it will get better. As for the mother. She got away with everything. No trouble. All because the landlord had the full house cover and because she was a mother of two now. if i did what she did. I would be in jail and be on the News. Good news from me. I still have my great friends. you guys and girls.

Kenneth! I love your avatar! Long time no see, indeed. That lady in the apartment above you seemed like a nutcase. Glad you got everything fixed from the water damage. Did your furniture and bed get damaged, too? surprised

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:28 pm
Angry Kitsune
Master of the Arcana
Even though you have me on FB and know every aspect about whats going on with me, I'll post it here so everyone else besides you and Ria know lol

>Moved to Texas at the end of 2015
>Was doing paid Medical studies for a while before I developed a Hypoactive Thyroid issue
>Austin was getting too expensive, so we moved to Temple instead
>While in Austin, I managed to get hired on as an overnight associate for Walgreens
>Transferred stores
>Still get emails from my ex saying that she loves and wants to be Mrs. MoTA
>Shot that down, yet she still wants me... ugh
>Had a date a few weeks ago
>She hasn't texted me in a few weeks, so I'm not gonna pursue that especially when she claims she doesn't need anyone, but is looking for a Husband... wut
>Came back to Gaia a week ago after some major drama went down between a couple of guilds I was in as well as the GD
>Got a brand new gaming computer
>Now Im here

annnnnd that's all folks!

Congrats on everything! I'm proud of you and your hard work. Happy that you nipped that shet in the bud with you ex. You don't need all that nonsense cluttering your life. Congrats on your gaming computer! I need a new laptop. None of the CPU fans are working and the speakers are shot. It crawls like a snail to do anything. I'm too poor currently to buy one. crying

Oh hai Ria

A few years later and I'm in NY, working in a Call Center. Life is still good biggrin  

The Mystic Reborn

Blessed Raider

digi162

Lucky Cat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:39 am
Angry Kitsune
Your life has been super busy! Congrats on your new mate! It sucks that you had to give up Lilly, though. Do you stay updated with her and her new foster family? Congrats on your travelling around. Sounds like total fun I have zero dollars in my savings account, though! crying

I wish I could stay updated with her! What happened was we had a family member bring her into a no-kill adoption shelter but you don't get updates on the animals you bring in there. So I just watched online, she moved from the facility to an adoption program called Callaway Cats. Then she got adopted from there and I have no clue where she's at or if she's even alive with the family she's with.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:18 pm
digi162
I wish I could stay updated with her! What happened was we had a family member bring her into a no-kill adoption shelter but you don't get updates on the animals you bring in there. So I just watched online, she moved from the facility to an adoption program called Callaway Cats. Then she got adopted from there and I have no clue where she's at or if she's even alive with the family she's with.

At least she got adopted. I don't ever want to be in your position to have to give up a pet. I can't imagine the grief on all sides. gonk  

Angry Kitsune
Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

Angry Kitsune
Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:23 pm
Master of the Arcana
Oh hai Ria

A few years later and I'm in NY, working in a Call Center. Life is still good biggrin

What is a call centre? Is it like a national help hotline service like a suicide line or a rape crisis line? surprised And New York is probably super fun for you. All the places you can go to mingle and hang out. All the museums and art shows and music concerts.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:03 pm
Angry Kitsune
Master of the Arcana
Oh hai Ria

What is a call centre? Is it like a national help hotline service like a suicide line or a rape crisis line? surprised And New York is probably super fun for you. All the places you can go to mingle and hang out. All the museums and art shows and music concerts.

Not exactly. I work for a company that's contracted through ATT/DirecTv and people will call my department to either cancel their services or figure out a way to lower their bill.

Nah, I live in a tiny town out in the middle of nowhere about 2 hours away from the Canada / US border.

It's rather peaceful here & it's nice.  

The Mystic Reborn

Blessed Raider

Angry Kitsune
Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:52 pm
@The Mystic Reborn:

Ohhhhhh.... I get it now. Thank you. And at least you can enjoy peace and quiet. That's always important, especially after a long day at work and the daily commute.

Something Like That -- HULLO, EVERYONE! ANGRY KITSUNE IS BACK!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games