Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Speaker Paul Ryan Confirms Defunding Planned Parenthood

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:10 am
Veronica Neffinger | Editor, ChristianHeadlines.com | Friday, January 06, 2017

The Republican-dominated Congress, led by Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (R-WI), is planning to use their new budget measure to defund Planned Parenthood.

According to LifeSiteNews.com, the budget bill with the defunding measure is known as a reconciliation bill. Republican lawmakers are pursuing this kind of bill in order to hopefully limit the amount of time the bill can be debated and to prevent a Senate filibuster. A reconciliation bill requires only a simple majority in the Senate before going to the President’s desk for approval.

Continue reading: link  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:23 pm
Man I hope this comes true.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:01 pm
Personally... I disagree with this.

It will be doing more harm to babies, mothers, and men. Very little government funding actually goes towards abortions.

Quote:
Title X does not allow federal funds to be used for abortions. Medicaid, however, does allow government money to be spent on them — in very restricted cases. The 1977 Hyde Amendment dictated that federal Medicaid funds could only be used to fund abortions in cases of rape, incest or to protect the life of the mother.Aug 5, 2015

Men who cannot afford health insurance have benefitted from Planned Parenthood by receiving prostate exams and STD screening. More funding goes towards cancer/STD screening, nutritional counseling, and the most important of them all -- prenatal care. Prenatal care is so important and saves many babies from death or the debilitating consequences of untreated STD's.

Having been in the hospital this previous semester with these mothers and babies... My heart hurts for the mothers and babies who will suffer and/or die as a result of not being able to afford prenatal/postpartum treatment.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:18 am
frankenshel
Personally... I disagree with this.

It will be doing more harm to babies, mothers, and men. Very little government funding actually goes towards abortions.

Quote:
Title X does not allow federal funds to be used for abortions. Medicaid, however, does allow government money to be spent on them — in very restricted cases. The 1977 Hyde Amendment dictated that federal Medicaid funds could only be used to fund abortions in cases of rape, incest or to protect the life of the mother.Aug 5, 2015

Men who cannot afford health insurance have benefitted from Planned Parenthood by receiving prostate exams and STD screening. More funding goes towards cancer/STD screening, nutritional counseling, and the most important of them all -- prenatal care. Prenatal care is so important and saves many babies from death or the debilitating consequences of untreated STD's.

Having been in the hospital this previous semester with these mothers and babies... My heart hurts for the mothers and babies who will suffer and/or die as a result of not being able to afford prenatal/postpartum treatment.

The logic in wanting to target Title X I think is this and I quote an article from huffingtonpost:

Republicans are targeting Title X because roughly a quarter of its funds are allocated to Planned Parenthood, which provides abortions in addition to its preventative care services. Although Planned Parenthood has long been banned from using federal money for abortions, conservatives argue that the money it receives from Title X frees up other money that can indirectly be used for abortions.

Source

So I am thinking if they remove Title X, then there must be moves made for something to take its place. Some federal institution that provides medical services for those who can't afford medical treatment, a place that at the same time doesn't preform abortions on demand. Let's hope they also consider the good things Planned Parenthood does and attempt to compensate the loss of these things that Planned Parenthood provide for the poor and low-income patients.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces