Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Open Class] Spice Up Your Life (Ruth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:18 pm
NAME OF CLASS: SPICE UP YOUR LIFE
PROFESSOR ToT-er NAME: Static

General Information: Static can't get enough of this season. Never enough. Everything is pumpkin spice flavoured or scented, and it's the absolute best thing to ever exist, ever. Lattes, candles, booze, just…everything! So she wants to know: what else can be pumpkin spice'd up?

The Course: Create something that manages to passably use one staple ingredient: Pumpkin Spice*.
* - please note, no respawn or offspring pumpkins will be used or harmed in the making of deliciously spiced foods

Mechanics - Solo:
PART ONE: The base
Now, everything starts with a base. This does as well! When you choose this class, it's assumed that Static hands you something from one of the categories below. The categories themselves are incredibly vague, so you have to decide what it is exactly that she handed you to pumpkin spice up!
  • Roll a 1d20:
    • 1: A drink. (Off-limits: Lattes, Alcohol)
    • 2: A liquid of some sort (Off limits: anything that is already listed as off-limits)
    • 3: A vegetable.
    • 4: A fruit.
    • 5: A raw meat.
    • 6: A cooked meat.
    • 7: Something that was probably once food, at one point, maybe.
    • 8: An inanimate object. (Off-limits: anything that is already listed as off-limit)
    • 9: A hair product. (Off-limits: Shampoo/Conditioner)
    • 10: A mouth product.
    • 11: A skin product. (Off-limits: Soaps, Perfumes)
    • 12: Make-up.
    • 13: Nail product. (Finger, toe, or spike-growth kind of nail)
    • 14: Clothing of some sort.
    • 15: A toy.
    • 16: Something you could find in a crafter's desk (Off-limits: anything that is already listed as off-limit)
    • 17: Home decor. (Off-limits: Candles)
    • 18: Office Stationery
    • 19: Dessert (Off-limits: Pie, Cheesecake)
    • 20: A book.
  • Once you have your vague category, choose something more specific that fits in it, that it not already off limits! (Example: I roll a 14. My category is clothing. I think about it for a while, and decide that my character was handed a left sock. My character now has to try and pumpkin spice a left sock. I RP out my character being confused as to why they have to pumpkin spice a sock.)
  • Once you have completed this, you may move on to part two!

PART TWO: The Spice-ening
Alright, well. You have your base, for better or for worse. You then get handed a rather monstrous container of this fabled pumpkin spice. Time to add it in! …Somehow…
  • Roll a 1d4
    • 1: Oh, what the heck, you dump the whole darn container into/onto/around/etc onto your base. (-5)
    • 2: You put only a little bit of spice in/on/around/etc it. (no value)
    • 3: You put a moderate amount of the spice in/on/around/etc it. (+2)
    • 4: You try to be smart about it, and you strive to find a good balance between the thing, and the amount of spice it needs. (+5)
  • RP out your character trying to add pumpkin spice to whatever unfortunate thing they've been given. (Example: My character still has that sock. I roll a 1d4, and get a 1. I RP them being so fed up by this sock that they just fill it with pumpkin spice until it overflows, then I try to seal the sock to make a really weird air freshener.)
  • Once you have completed this, you may move on to part three!

PART THREE: The Judge
Right. So. You got your thing. You spice'd it up. Now you take it to Static, to see how she likes it!
  • Roll a 1d20. Add or subtract the bracketed value you received in part two to your total roll, and match your results below:
    • 1-5: Static seems to have gotten bored and left the building entirely. You didn't even see her leave. (Fail!)
    • 6-10: She really does not like what you created. At all. (Fail!)
    • 11-15: Well, she's not unhappy with it, but decides that you can keep it. (Grudging pass)
    • 16-20: She LOVES IT. So much so that she takes it and leaves with it. It's hers now, sorry! (Pass!)
  • Example: In Part 2, I rolled a 1. Meaning I have a -5 modifier on this roll. I finally roll my 1d20, and I get a 15. 15-5=10. Turns out, Static did not like my invention! I have failed.
  • RP this out! Static doesn't talk much when she isn't on air as a radio DJ. She will mostly use body language and a few weird static-sounding noises to get across how she's feeling!
  • Once you have completed this part either pass/fail, please check the FAIL/FINISH quote box below!

YOU LOSE/FINISH THIS CLASS WHEN…

Lose: If you fail to impress Static, you lose! You get +2 rp points if you managed to go over 600 words.
Successfully Complete: If you impress Static, you win! You get +2 rp points if you managed to go over 600 words, AND you get the fabulous super cool IC ability below:

Super cool IC ability that you get because of this: You can now passably pumpkin spice flavour/scent anything.

~*~CONGRATULATIONS~*~

Huni Pi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:21 pm
Part One

After Ruth's successful attempt at making sweet sinnamon rolls in Home Wreckonimics, she figured she could probably stand to take another class that would enhance her domestic skills. The more things she could offer the public at large, the more likely she'd be able to survive her upcoming decision. It wasn't a decision she was taking lightly, which was a pretty good indication that this was a fairly big deal for the reaper. So she was taking this class seriously. And while she didn't see any immediate uses to the class, it was better to know something than to not know it at all.

The first thing she needed to do was find a base. And she ended up being assigned one rather than being allowed to choose one all on her own. Alright, this was going to be a challenge. From beneath the bill of her hat she raised a curious but also amused brow at some of the bases the other students were getting. She hoped that she would get something interesting.

Instead she got a vegetable. Specifically a Masher. From behind her bangs, she narrowed her eyes at the vegetable and half expected it to start trying to squirm out of her grip or something. But it looked like it hadn't had enough candies, which meant it would making flavoring with pumpkin spice that much easier.

Quote:
3: A vegetable.

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
Huni Pi rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:26 pm
Part Two

After she washed and peeled the Masher, she tried to prepare its surface in order for the spices to better adhere to it. Although Ruth was probably not the best person to choose for this task as her preferences would always have her calling everything too much of that taste. She liked things to be bland as they can get, be it her clothing or her food.

She preferred excitement and spices to happen in real life and not on the plate. But this class required that they spice things up and Ruth did want to pass. The reaper didn't want to have put in wasted effort so she measured and counted out how much of the spice she should use.

She also made sure to observe her fellow students who were either putting too much (to the point just looking at the mountain of spice made Ruth cringe) or not enough (which Ruth would have wanted to do out of instinct). In the end, she forced herself to compromise and come up with what she hoped was a happy medium.

It was determined that it was an adequate amount.

Quote:
3: You put a moderate amount of the spice in/on/around/etc it. (+2)

Huni Pi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:28 pm
Part Three

And now came the moment of truth! Or at least it was technically the moment of truth. Ruth had to wait for her other classmates to be graded because she'd taken her time in measuring and applying the spice to the Masher. She found herself in the last batch of students being graded, which did nothing to calm her nerves or ease the tension in her body.

This manifested in her forcing herself to be as still as a statue while the other students paced until their turn came. Time seemed to crawl before she finally heard her name being called. Presenting the pumpkin spiced Masher to the professor (or in this case ToT-er), Ruth stepped back to wait.

She hoped her time in Hell's Kitchen had been of some use to her endeavour. And when Static took one bite, Ruth had to stop herself from demanding for a reaction. Truth be told she never even tasted the Masher so when Static just got up from their seat with the plate of Masher in tow, Ruth panicked and thought the dish was going to be thrown in the garbage.

But Static left with the dish and it would be a little later that Ruth would realize she passed.

Quote:
16-20: She LOVES IT. So much so that she takes it and leaves with it. It's hers now, sorry! (Pass!)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items