Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Cults, heresies, Pseudepigrapha and other religions
Do All Religions Lead To God And Point To The Same Truth?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:45 am
By Steven Bancarz| As some of you know, I am a former New Age author for thespiritscience.net and owner/founder of the website and Facebook page for “Spirit Science and Metaphysics”. After an experience of Jesus and doing some deeper studying in the New Age, I realized that Jesus Christ of the Bible is exactly who He claimed to be. I became a born-again Christian and gave up everything I was involved with in the New Age, and since then have received a lot of backlash.

Continue reading: link  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:11 pm
See, if you could combine this ideology And create a grand religion from all religious texts gathered, I personally believe we'd have a much deeper understanding of 'God' or this entity or force that guides the world.
Do all religious texts not try to better the lives of its believers, to absolve them of there sins and have them repent by helping those in need? And isn't helping those in need a common goal among all religions? They may have been tailored to suit each culture but God, being as clever as we think he is, surely realized not all people's would buy into the same ideals, stipulations or guidelines, and would be more intrigued by certain stories and varying levels of mysticism. And why would god only share his word with one people? Only some of us deserve even a opportunity at AIMING for salvation? And I doubt it was an experiment to see if religion or how fast religion would spread. The God we know wouldnt do such things.  

Derelyct

Sagely Gaian

Derelyct

Sagely Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:23 pm
Garland-Green
By Steven Bancarz| As some of you know, I am a former New Age author for thespiritscience.net and owner/founder of the website and Facebook page for “Spirit Science and Metaphysics”. After an experience of Jesus and doing some deeper studying in the New Age, I realized that Jesus Christ of the Bible is exactly who He claimed to be. I became a born-again Christian and gave up everything I was involved with in the New Age, and since then have received a lot of backlash.

I would love to discuss your story if your willing to share something that personal? I'd love to hear about your prior conceptions of a new age Jesus, LOVE to hear about spirit science and metaphysics (your take on it. And maybe a documentary if it's really good and I haven't seen it hah). But most of all I'd like to hear about your realization/ 'experience of Jesus' and what caused you to cast aside your ideals founded in New Age and what you mean by JC being the Jesus of the bible and exactly who he claimed to be... Because for the record all he said when the Jews, Romans, persecutors of all types ridiculed him asking why he says he is, and why do other people call him "The Son of God" all he repeatedly answered with is "it is you who say I am"
So what did he claim to be?

Ps.
NOT arguing, I'm enjoying this conversation very much  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:18 am
AlexIxGoingPlaces
See, if you could combine this ideology And create a grand religion from all religious texts gathered, I personally believe we'd have a much deeper understanding of 'God' or this entity or force that guides the world.
Do all religious texts not try to better the lives of its believers, to absolve them of there sins and have them repent by helping those in need? And isn't helping those in need a common goal among all religions? They may have been tailored to suit each culture but God, being as clever as we think he is, surely realized not all people's would buy into the same ideals, stipulations or guidelines, and would be more intrigued by certain stories and varying levels of mysticism. And why would god only share his word with one people? Only some of us deserve even a opportunity at AIMING for salvation? And I doubt it was an experiment to see if religion or how fast religion would spread. The God we know wouldnt do such things.

But the means through which you are saved and what you are saved from is vastly different. It is like the article stated; having salt as an ingredient doesn't make all recipes the same. To opposing statements can't both be true. If all religions come from God then God is a liar because the doctrines they teach are not the same. Sure there are some similarities in that man should do good, but there is no agreement in why man should do good or what purpose it serves. Some religions say man is capable of being good and that some good deeds outweigh the bad, other religions say that you can't pay for your own bad deeds by doing good but that in doing bad you are going to need a sacrifice to cover your sins.

What would Buddha say about Jesus and vise versa?

Buddha would say that Jesus was not enlightened and that his message kept people from Nirvana because he made them depend on him for salvation. The Buddha would say there's no such thing as sin. Jesus would say that the Buddha isn't leading people down a path to freedom, but a path down to slavery and that when they reach the end there is no hope. Jesus would say that the Buddha is a worker of iniquity (immoral or grossly unfair behaviour) and that Buddha's message will damn their souls. That is what would have happened if the two ever met. You can't reconcile what the two believed and some how unify it without making one bigger than the other. Without emphasizing one over the other. It can't be done unless you are unfaithful to what both of them are teaching and making up your own thing. If we did that we might as well be honest and say that we don't believe in either of them.

The reason why He shared His word with one particular people is linked to His incarnation. God needed a society that would have His idea of justice and His Law. A society where Jesus could fulfill the Law - that means a society where the Law was available. Why He chose the Jewish people has also to do with the promises God made to Abraham and to Abraham's son Jacob. God keeps His promises.

Genesis 49:10
The scepter will not depart from Judah, nor the ruler’s staff from between his feet, until he comes to whom it belongs; the nations will obey him

Everyone has an opportunity through Jesus.

Matthew 28:18-20
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Though salvation came through the Jews it is available for the entire world. Israel has a rather remarkable history. They are more or less the oldest civilization around. Though they have been chased from their country many times, led into captivity and people around the world have attempted to exterminate them - they are still around. Israel's soil is full of ancient history confirming the Bible. People, cities and events. Of all the world religions it is the one with the most historical support.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:28 am
AlexIxGoingPlaces
Garland-Green

I would love to discuss your story if your willing to share something that personal? I'd love to hear about your prior conceptions of a new age Jesus, LOVE to hear about spirit science and metaphysics (your take on it. And maybe a documentary if it's really good and I haven't seen it hah). But most of all I'd like to hear about your realization/ 'experience of Jesus' and what caused you to cast aside your ideals founded in New Age and what you mean by JC being the Jesus of the bible and exactly who he claimed to be... Because for the record all he said when the Jews, Romans, persecutors of all types ridiculed him asking why he says he is, and why do other people call him "The Son of God" all he repeatedly answered with is "it is you who say I am"
So what did he claim to be?

Ps.
NOT arguing, I'm enjoying this conversation very much

The article I gave the link to in this post is not written by me. My story is somewhat different than his.

He claimed to be God. That is why they mocked Him while He was on the cross and told Him to save Himself.

John 5:17-18
But Jesus answered them, “To this very day My Father is at His work, and I too am working.” Because of this, the Jews tried all the harder to kill Him. Not only was He breaking the Sabbath, but He was even calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

John 10:33
"We are not stoning You for any good work," said the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because You, who are a man, declare Yourself to be God."

Mark 15:29-31
Those who passed by heaped abuse on Him, shaking their heads and saying, “Aha! You who are going to destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days, come down from the cross” and save Yourself! In the same way, the chief priests and scribes mocked Him among themselves, saying, “He who saved others cannot even save Himself!

He showed with His miracles that He is God. A link if you are interested;

Why Did Jesus Perform Miracles?

This is how I came to believe that Jesus is the only way;

"and ye shall be as gods.."  
Cults, heresies, Pseudepigrapha and other religions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out