Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Defense Against the Dark Arts I ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:08 am
User Image
⫸ Annabella Clodagh Sheehan ⫸ a.k.a. Annie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx
Time: 2043-2044
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Annie walked into the Defense Against the Dark Arts class with her eyes wide with wonder. Though she got a taste of the interesting decor of Hogwarts from walking the halls and Potions class, she was not prepared to see a skeleton of some creature as big as a dinosaur. Was it a dinosaur? Was it an extinct magical creature? Was it something that still lived and walked among humans? She would have to ask sometime. Realizing she was holding up the door, she hurried to her seat, still studying the skeleton before looking to the professor who stroked her cat almost like some Bond Villain. She seemed nice though. Taking a breath, to try to hold in her excitement she pulled out her notebook and a pencil. She knew by this point a pencil was strange to some "purists" but she thought writing with a quill all the time was ridiculous. Soon the professor began and listened to her strong accent that was almost melodic in Annie's opinion. It was so foreign and exotic and fun! Right, pay attention, Annie rebuked herself. So there were schools that taught dark arts was that like zombie summoning or making undead? She decided it was best to let someone a bit more knowledgeable answer.
                                                            User Image
                                                            ------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                            You're a lively one, for sure
                                                            Kind and brave, unbridled optimism
                                                            Hm, this is a tough one
                                                            But... yes, I think, for you

Hufflepuff!
                                                            {OoC: Open for Interaction}
                                                            Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:37 pm
User Image
Canaan Grey
RavenclawFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Canaan was amazed by what he saw when walked into the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. The huge skeleton of ... whatever that was suspended from the ceiling was enough to grab his attention, and wonder what it was. He couldn't help looking around the room a little bit before settling into a seat and getting out his notepad and pencil for class. Professor Cohen immediately got his attention when she started speaking; he found her accent to be really neat, and then there was the cat in her lap. As the teacher started her class, she asked if anyone knew what the Dark Arts were, and raised his hand, as he actually started reading into the book, at least a little bit already. "Bonjou, Madam. Um, Dark Arts are, like, curses and jinxes and Charms which inflict harm on somebody, and the counter-spells to stop them."

OOC:
Username

User Image  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:32 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

s h e ' s x a x k i l l e r x q u e e n , x g u n p o w d e r , x g e l a t i n- - -
f i r s t x y e a r x h u f f l e p u f f ✶
d a d a x c l a s s ✶
f i r s t x y e a r s x a n d x p r o f e s s o r x c o h e n ✶
c l a s s x
a x l i t t l e x n e r v o u s ✶

As Saffron entered the room, she was instantly taken with the decor. Everything was so cool here! She spotted Annie and moved to go sit with her, glad to see someone she recognized. "Hi!" Saf whispered in greeting as she sat in the seat beside her. She slid out her textbook and notebook and placed them on the desk and then placed her wand beside them, feeling prepared for the class. When Professor Cohen began speaking, she turned her attention to the older woman. When a question was posed, Saffron almost raised her hand, almost. She knew the answer, she had studied up a bit in order to be more "in the know", but another first year answered first. She shrugged gently to herself, that was alright, there was always next time.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶- - - - - - - - - - - - d y n a m i t e x w i t h x a x l a s e r b e a mx , g u a r a n t e e d x t o x b l o w x y o u r x m i n d x a n y t i m e- - - - - - - - - - - -✶ ✶ ✶ ✶

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:37 am
User Image
⁂ Margaux Héloïse Lévesque ⁂
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx

Margaux was unimpressed when she came to the door of the Defense Against the Dark Arts class where there was a small hold up. Seriously? What is wrong with people? She noticed it was the funniest looking of the redheaded twins Jess and Annie, who apparently weren't twins at all, who was holding the line up the most. As people filed in she continued gaping at the large skeleton of the creature above them. Margaux was more worried about it falling than being impressed with it. It didn't impress her as she had seen plenty of large creature skeletons at museums. "Don't just stand there, some people would like to sit down," Margaux told Annie right before Annie took her seat.

Annie shot a glare at Margaux from her seat but then turned to Saffron, the other redhead, to talk to her. Margaux rolled her eyes and inspected her nails until the class began. Margaux studied the professor, probably an Islander of some sort judging by her accent and greeting. She definitely looked the part of a Defense Against the Dark Arts professor or a Dark Arts professor for that matter. Unsurprisingly, when a question was asked Canaan was quick to raise his hand and answer. She'd have to look out for him.
                                                User Image
                                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ratty? My, how original, never heard that before
                                                Well, then, if you're so sure of what you want
                                                It'd better be

Slytherin!
                                                {OoC: quoted as Annie is in this post too. Annie says hi back.}
                                                Rawwry

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:59 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mʏ ʟɪғᴇ ғᴇᴇʟs ʟᴇɢᴇɴᴅᴀʀʏ, Bᴜᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴛᴀɪʟs. Tʜɪs ᴛɪᴍᴇ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀsᴛ ᴀs I ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ɴᴇᴡ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ.
I'ᴠᴇ Sᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ, Tʜᴇsᴇ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴʟʏ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ, Dɪsᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʙʀᴀɪɴ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ɪs ᴍʏ ᴏᴀsɪs.
Sɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜɪs ᴄᴀᴍᴘғɪʀᴇ, ᴍʏ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs ᴀʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs. I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴡᴀɴᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴇxᴀᴍɪɴᴇ ᴇxᴀᴄᴛʟʏ ᴡʜᴏ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ.
Sᴏᴍᴇ Mɪɢʜᴛ ᴄᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ ɪɴsᴀɴɪᴛʏ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's sᴏ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜs. Bᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴜɴʟᴇss ᴡᴇ ʀɪsᴋ ᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴀʏs ғᴏʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ Mᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ. Sᴜᴄʜ ᴀ Vɪʙʀᴀɴᴛ Mʏsᴛᴇʀʏ.Fʀᴏᴍ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴄʜᴀʟʟᴇɴɢᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ sᴇᴇᴋ, sᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴀʏ sᴀʟᴠᴀɢᴇ ᴛʜɪs ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ.
Iɴ Essᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴄᴏɴɴᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ, ʀᴇɢᴀʀᴅʟᴇss ᴏғ ᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇʟɪᴇғs.Eᴠᴇɴ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇɢɪᴏɴs, ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪs sᴍᴀʟʟᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴡᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ.

Naiya skipped into class, taking a seat happily near the front. She was so much calmer than she had been the day before in Charms. She just needed to calm herself and make herself cheer up. She could handle this, she could handle anything. She had skipped right past the line at the door and didn't notice the skeletons hanging around the room until she had looked up. She gaped at the creatures near her, she had never seen such a big skeleton... That wasn't a dinosaur of course. The girl looked around, scared that something may come to life, it was magic of course. But the half-blood, who would probably have not understood anything the same if she was a muggleborn, didn't know if they could. Naiya quickly pulled her sketch pad out to try and sketch what she may have thought the things looked like alive, but couldn't quite capture the magnificence she was so certain they had.

When the professor started speaking, Naiya stopped her drawing and looked up. She hadn't even noticed the professor, or the professor's cat!, before then. She couldn't believe that the woman had been sitting there. Could she be that stealthy? That would be so cool! Unfortunately, the answer to the professor's question was already answered but that was okay!

AND, ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴs I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ RIGHT HERE. Tʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ғɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍɪʟᴇsᴛᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ sʜᴀʀᴇ.
Wʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴘᴏᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴀʟʟʏ ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴄᴏɴsɪᴅᴇʀ ᴅᴇʟɪɢʜᴛғᴜʟ.
Wᴇ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇ ʜᴏᴘᴇғᴜʟʟʏ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴘᴀᴛʜ, ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴏᴄᴄᴀsɪᴏɴᴀʟʟʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟᴇᴀᴅ ᴜs ɪɴᴛᴏ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴀʟʟ ɢʀᴀss.

ϒ

Wᴇ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ʟᴏsᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪғ ᴡᴇ sᴘʟɪᴛ ᴡᴀʏs, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀsᴋ. Iғ I ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ, ᴡɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴍᴇ?
Bᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ. Iғ I ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴍᴇ?!
Bᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ. Wʜᴇɴ I ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴍᴇ?

Bᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴏᴜʀ Dᴇsᴛɪɴʏ.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:54 am
User Image
                                                  𝔸 𝕟 𝕟 𝕒 𝕝 𝕚 𝕤 𝕖 𝕄 𝕒 𝕣 𝕚 𝕖 𝕂 𝕦 𝕣 𝕥 𝕤
                                                  ___╘═══▶ first year : gryffindor

______User Image ____ User Image ____ User Image
                                                  __________________________________________

Annalise hurried into class, bumping into another student in the door in the process. She apologized, waited for a few moments with the other students, then filed into the classroom, catching the exchange between two other girls. She recognized them from her other classes: Annie and Margaux. It seemed like Annie was holding up the door while she was checking out the skeleton in the classroom, and Margaux got a little short with her. Anna scrunched her nose. How rude of her. Annie wasn't doing anything wrong. Huffing, she fell into the seat next to the Hufflepuff girl, and Saffron as well. "Hey guys, how's it goin'?" she asked them, smiling. Anna made sure to pay attention to what the professor and the other students were saying about the Dark Arts. She didn't know exactly what they were, but she had a pretty good idea, based on the name.

OOC: . . .

❝ I've lost myself in make-believe. Over and over, I'm deceived. You want reform? I can't conform.
                                                  'Cause I can't take anymore of your tainted bliss 'cause I've lost myself in make-believe. You can't break me. ❞

mc2

Rawwry

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:58 am
User Image
⫸ Annabella Clodagh Sheehan ⫸ a.k.a. Annie
xxxxxxxxx

Annie smiled as Annalise joined her and Saffron. "It's good. Still trying to figure out what the skeleton is of. Dragon? Something else? Not sure," She added before class started. She thought about making a comment that it would be better if she hadn't been snapped at by Margaux but she didn't want to sound pout-like or give the girl the satisfaction of dampering her day. "How's it for you two?"
                                                            User Image
                                                            ------------------------------------------------------

You're a lively one, for sure
                                                            Kind and brave, unbridled optimism
                                                            Hm, this is a tough one
                                                            But... yes, I think, for you

Hufflepuff!
                                                            {OoC: Open for Interaction}
                                                            Rawwry

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:01 am
When everything turns to black,
You don't know where to go...
You need something to justify your soul.
Silence is broken, confidence is gone;
Everything you're holding onto falls.

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Professor of DADA │ Muggleborn │ Haitian

Fanchon almost languished at her desk, looking vaguely irked as the students came in and took their seats. Finally, with a small sigh, she stood up, stretched a little, and wand in hand, began her pacing up and down the rows of desks and chairs, careful not to trip over anyone's bag. "You're all in luck, as today we'll be learning one of the most simple- and essential- spells known to wizards. Some of you may already be familiar with this, as it's not unusual to simply pick it up from older students as you go about your daily lives." She held her wand aloft, made sure they were all looking at it, and enunciated carefully, "LOO-mos," while moving it in a loop:

And then a sharp wave-like motion, saying, "NOCK-ss,":

The bright light extinguished itself immediately. "That," said Fanchon, "Is the wand lighting and extinguishing charm. As you can see, it's obviously very useful when you are in a dark place, or going about at night. It was not, surprisingly, invented until the year 1772, by a witch named Levina Monkstanley, who worked for the Ministry of Magic, and first used it to find a fallen quill. However, credit was almost stolen from her a German wizard name Garvin Lugner, who said he had invented the spell while developing his Instant Darkness Powder. He was lying, of course, and his powder was found to only dim a room slightly, rather than throw it into darkness."

She stowed her wand away. "Now, one of the positive side effects of the charm is that it also repels many spectral creatures, as well as any dark spirits, so it can be very useful to keep your wand lit when in a place where you may encounter anything of that nature. There's really nothing much to this- the wand movements are most important, as well as making sure your wand stays lit. It's no good if you can only keep the charm up for a few moments, so I want to see everyone's wand lit for at least five minutes. I'll set a timer."

OOC:
Username

All the people selling truths on every corner now-
They wait until the fear has knocked you down.
All the rules are changing now; you're living in sin...
Everything around you is caving in; all you're holding onto-
Is slipping like water through your hands.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:14 pm
User Image
                                                  𝔸 𝕟 𝕟 𝕒 𝕝 𝕚 𝕤 𝕖 𝕄 𝕒 𝕣 𝕚 𝕖 𝕂 𝕦 𝕣 𝕥 𝕤
                                                  ___╘═══▶ first year : gryffindor

______User Image ____ User Image ____ User Image
                                                  __________________________________________

Another day, another Defense Against the Dark Arts class. Annalise fell into her seat, ready to learn but still wishing she was outside. It was a gorgeous day outside, perfect for exploring. Well, this was her only class of the day. Maybe she could talk the House Elves into packing her a sack lunch and she could go eat in the Quad or something. Scratching her head, Anna snapped back to the lecture. They were learning a new spell today; two if you count the counter-spell. After making note of the wand movement and correct pronunciation of the spells, it was time to practice. Anna took out her wand, practiced the motions a few times, as well as the spells themselves. Now, it was time to try it out for real. "Lumos," she said clearly, the tip of her wand lighting up. The Gryffindor smiled, then uttered the counter-spell. "Nox." And just like that, the light was gone. First try success! Anna spent the remainder of class flicking her wand back and forth, lighting and dimming the tip of her wand.

OOC: . . .

❝ I've lost myself in make-believe. Over and over, I'm deceived. You want reform? I can't conform.
                                                  'Cause I can't take anymore of your tainted bliss 'cause I've lost myself in make-believe. You can't break me. ❞

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:06 am

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon waited until the first years were seated before she started the day's lesson, Jacques prowling around the edge of the classroom. "Flipendo, or the Knockback Jinx, is a very useful spell, especially for a young and inexperienced witch or wizard. It's not difficult to cast and it can be very handy when you find yourself backed into a corner." The Haitian woman gestured with her wand at an unoccupied chair close to her. "Flipendo!" the chair skittered backwards, toppling over with a wooden thud.

"As you can see, it works on objects as well as people. However, people can still get up, even after you knock them over, so I wouldn't expect to win any fights with this jinx," she said dryly. "Depending on the force used, it might just shove someone back roughly, or knock them completely off their feet. I wouldn't expect to send anyone- or anything- flying on your first few tries, however. And be aware that it can be blocked with a simple shield charm or just dodged." The professor nodded to the board. "There's what your wand movement should look like."

"And the light of the jinx should be blue. Now, I don't want you accidentally- or intentionally- hurting each other, so I want a row of desks across the room and everyone behind them. On my count, try to knock the desks back- after I'm behind them as well," Fanchon said hastily. "Alright, en, de, twa-,"

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:26 am

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon sat in her very comfortable chair, stroking Jacques, her cat, curled up in her lap, as though she were a Bond villain, and gave the room one final once over. She had enough tables and chairs to fit everyone, she'd made sure the room was spotless, in case anyone had any dust allergies, and she'd tried to make it.... if not quite welcoming, at least slightly less intimidating, although that was a bit difficult when the decor of the room literally included a giant skeleton of some magical beast suspended above the class. Ah well. They'd have to get used to Hogwarts's quirks at some point, and DADA was a notoriously challenging class, although not quite to the level of say, Transfiguration or Potions. However, it was extremely important, and if she had her way, she'd make it mandatory for all seven years. Alas, she could not have her way, so she only had five years to drill as much knowledge as possible through their hairy little heads. If she could make sure all of them could cast a proper shield charm, patronus, disarm someone, and defeat a boggart, she'd be happy. It would raise their life expectancy significantly.

As the first years filtered into the room, she observed them stoically, not rising from her seat (and disturbing Jacques' nap) until everyone had taken their seats and were (mostly) quiet. "Bonjou. Good morning," she translated calmly, confident that her accent, while strong, was not an excuse for them to not listen. "I am Fanchon Cohen, and I am responsible for ensuring that all of you can recognize dark magic, and properly defend yourselves against it. My rules are written on the board. Follow them, don't follow them, it's your choice. This class is largely about choices. I'm here to demonstrate to you how to make good ones. Can anyone," she scanned the room, "Tell me what the Dark Arts are? In some magical schools, they comprise their own, separate subject, but here at Hogwarts we take a more... benevolent approach."

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:25 pm
Lavinia Elena Gismondi tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab Shawna Brynn Llywarch tab tab
Ravenclaw Chaser tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab Slytherin Chaser tab tab tab
Halfblood Young Backpacker tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab Halfblood Future Business Owner tab tab
First Years

User ImageUser Image

Now defence as a class Lavinia could get behind. It was the only class first years had mid week and she planned on making up for her lack of charms knowledge. Sure, she had little to no idea what most of the stuff was regarding the class, but she had looked over the book. It appeared interesting. When the topic of the dark arts was mentioned Lavinia raised her hand. Time to prove herself.

“Dark Arts is like dark magic. Magic that’s meant to harm people, right?” Lavinia spoke. It sounded right. That’s when she heard the voice of her classmate Shawna. “Like the unforgettable curses.” Shawna recalled that some curses were illegal as her mother had taught. Though she’d heard of them she’d never seen them in action. Lavinia couldn’t say she knew of them. “Unforgettable curses… like illegal?” She pondered, figuring there must be spells like that.

Lavinia's
                                  Company : class...

Shawna's
                                  Company : class...

OOC: ________

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

shinesnowillusion

Seasonal Pumpkin

9,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:07 pm
User Image
𝐹𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇 | 𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓌 | 𝒫𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒷𝓁𝑜𝑜𝒹 | 𝒫𝓇𝑜𝒻𝒾𝓁𝑒

𝐿𝑜𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃
DADA Classroom
𝒲𝒾𝓉𝒽
Professor Cohen and students
𝐹𝑒𝑒𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔
Eager
𝒯𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈
Relax, you are going to do fine.
𝒲𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔
Ravenclaw uniform

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXAgain the same morning routine. Bathe, dressed, getting supplies ready and of course saying goodbye to Onyx and telling him to be good around the common room. Breakfast and then hurrying toward Defense Against the Dark Arts. Maybe with these classes, she would be able to produce a Patronus and what would be be. She smiled to herself, just thinking about it and finally entered the classroom.

Emma looked at Jacque in Professor Cohen's lap and chuckled just thinking of how Onyx acts just like that when she is trying to read a book or study. Once seated, she wrote down Professor Cohen's rules. When the question was asked, she wrote down "Dark Arts also known as Dark Magic, refers to any type of magic that is mainly used to cause harm to, exert control over, or even kill the victim.' She thought Lavinia got it.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:26 am
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

first year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Art Club seamstress || Adventurer's Guild sorcerer || Cooking Club apprentice
Dueling Club spectator || Fencing Club initiate || Quidditch reserve beater

By Wednesday, Aidene was (thankfully) starting for feel more like her normal self--less hyper, and with more purpose. She knew most of the characters in her everyday encounters anyways, and had more than enough quests scratched into her sketchbook.

But then she spent Wednesday morning of her week of classes hunting through the mess around her bed and trunk for a textbook that simply wasn’t there anymore. Apparently she had managed to swap out a textbook when she was repacking that morning before the train. She resigned herself to rebuke via letter and scribbled a message to her dad: Sorted into Ravenclaw, tried out for the Quidditch team, her portable sewing machine didn’t work like he’d said, still hadn’t found the kitchens, and oh yeah, could he pretty-please-with-a-Cherubi-on-top send her Transformation textbook over asap? Then she’d chased down a prefect to ask how to get to the Owlery and which owls she could use.

Getting to the DADA classroom a solid quarter hour early, Aidene hung out at the back of the DADA classroom, flipping idly through a wizarding fashion magazine that had replaced her Transformation textbook. Just before class started, she surveyed the room and moved herself forward purposefully. You know who had stellar notes and shared a room with her? Emma. Ideal party member for school things. ”Hey Emma? Could I share your Transformation textbook tomorrow? I apparently swapped mine out when I was adding some stuff last minute,” she mentioned in whisper, sheepishly gesturing the magazine before putting it away.

At least she did have her DADA textbook, and promptly pulled it out, along with the oversized sketchbook she was taking all her notes in. At least she could demonstrate she wasn’t a completely terrible student and would be a worthy party member. As class started, she thought to herself that Professor Cohen looked like a boss villain of some sort, what with the cat and the literal skelton floating overhead. And then her introduction:

"I am Fanchon Cohen, and I am responsible for ensuring that all of you can recognize dark magic, and properly defend yourselves against it. My rules are written on the board. Follow them, don't follow them, it's your choice. This class is largely about choices. I'm here to demonstrate to you how to make good ones.

Boss villain, hero trainer, whatever faction Fanchon Cohen was boss of of, Aidene was joining up.

Lavinia and the Slytherin girl had a great conversation starter, but fortunately Aidene remembered something to contribute too: ”The Unforgettable Curses are the worst, but there’s a tier list of dark magic, ranking how strong or dangerous it is. Um. I think jinxes, hexes, then curses?”

shinesnowillusion

User ImageUser ImageUser Image  

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:38 pm
User Image
♖ Brook ♖ Knapp ♖
♖ First Year♖

User Image
▬▬"Today, I will live in the moment. Unless it's unpleasant"▬▬

Aidene had been awake when Brook went off for breakfast. Brook assumed Aidene would join her for breakfast. By a quarter til class was supposed to start, Brook had not seen Aidene. She sighed and shook her head, Aidene must have went back to sleep. Hopefully someone would wake her and bring her to class. Brook would bring her a snack, to get her through Defense against the Dark Arts. When she got there, Aidene was already sitting there, she plopped net to her and handed her a plum, "You missed breakfast. We can go get brunch when class is over. Until then, I hope you enjoy this plum."

When class started Brook opened her notebook (which somehow had some unknown purple juice usbstance staining the page already), and wrote her class and that they were talking about the general overview of the class, she spoke up, "Dark Arts are... well they're dark magic. But they're not necessarily evil are they? It's the person themselves and their intentiosn that make the spell evil, instead of good." Brook frowned, hoping she made sense. Someone could cast a dark spell in order to force someone backwards and not hit an even worse fate, and then the dark magic wouldn't be evil, right? Now. if they had used a spell to take away food... that would be dark magic and evil. One of the worst futures out there.

▬▬"in which case I will eat a cookie"▬▬

Where & Who: DADA with firsties
Thinking about: Dark isn't evil. Lack of food is.
Brook Description: 4'4" tall with brown hair and blue eyes.
Wearing: School robes

Addaellis

Quote:

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out