Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Defense Against the Dark Arts II ~ *1/5* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:58 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageSecond Year SlytherinUser Image
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera walked int oDADA and sighed, an overall disappointing class. She could learn more from reading old books than she did in this class. They should have a dark arts class, not a defense against them. Where was that option, and where could she sign up for it. She plopped down in the back of the class, planning to do something useful, more useful than learning defense against the dark arts. She listened to the lecture though, and chuckled when Jonah said the knock-back jinx was good for breaking apart a snowball. She grinned, and crumpled up a piece of paper that had written on it 'This is not a snowball' and threw it at the back of Jonah's head.

▬▬ "Within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil." ▬▬

Where: Potions
With Whom: Second years
Thinking about:
Vespera Description: Short 4'2", blond hair, green eyes and slight tan.
Wearing: Slytherin school uniform with school robes over top.
OOC:

Trickblues

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:42 pm
When everything turns to black,
You don't know where to go...
You need something to justify your soul.
Silence is broken, confidence is gone;
Everything you're holding onto falls.

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Professor of DADA │ Muggleborn │ Haitian

Fanchon did not generally have a high opinion of the majority of her students. She didn't have a low opinion of them either, and she could count on one hand the number of students she had ever truly disliked as a professor over the years. She just didn't believe in showering her students with praise they hadn't earned, or faking a false sense of affection. They were learning what she was teaching. Of course she wanted them all to succeed, but she didn't take things personally.

That said, she'd rarely had a student be so blatantly disrespectful in class as one Vespera Salazar. She'd identified the girl as potential issue last year; she generally projected a sense of what Fanchon couldn't describe as anything but 'raging entitlement combined with a deeply sheltered upbringing'. She didn't think the girl was hell spawn or anything; Fanchon had had her own rebellious streak growing up as well.

But she had very little patience for students who not only expressed no interest in her subject, but who treated the whole thing as something of a joke. Fanchon didn't miss the girl's dramatic sigh upon entering the room, nor her choice to sit in the very back. She likely assumed Fanchon wouldn't pay much attention to what went on there. Suffice to say, she was very wrong. Fanchon had been teaching and dueling for long enough to not let much get past her, least of all an arrogant little girl's nonsense.

"Five points to Ravenclaw, Mr. Lane," she said calmly, her eyes not leaving Vespera as the girl snickered and lobbed a ball of paper at the boy. Fanchon patiently waited for it to make contact, then summoned it wordlessly with a lazy flick of her wand. "This is not a snowball," she read aloud, enunciating carefully, and then looked up, flashing dangerously white teeth at the class. "Incendio." The paper burst into flames in her hand for a moment, before turning to ash, which she dusted off.

"Miss Salazar, stand up," Fanchon took a step back, leaning against her desk with her arms folded across her chest. Her cat prowled nearby, rubbing up against her legs. "You're clearly not very interested in discussing knock-back jinxes. I understand. They're not terribly compelling. Which is why you'll be demonstrating your practical knowledge of them instead. With me in detention, directly after dinner tonight." She paused briefly to let that sink in.

"Please bring a two page paper on the uses of said jinx in a duel as well, instead of wasting your parchment on projectiles." She uncrossed her arms, hands sliding into her pockets. "Throw something at anyone in my class again, and we'll be having a chat with your head of house instead of in front of your classmates. Sit down." Her tone offered little room for argument.

Almost as an afterthought, Fanchon added, "And 10 points from Slytherin for childish antics in a learning environment. I expect better choices from a second year student. Waste mine and your classmates' time like this again, and a 45 minute detention and a little essay on Flipendo is going to seem like a dream. I hope I've made myself clear." Raising an eyebrow, she held Vespera's gaze for a few moments longer, before addressing the rest of the class. "Break into small groups, and practice lighting and extinguishing your wands."

OOC:
Stefan Lee Salvatore

Trickblues

All the people selling truths on every corner now-
They wait until the fear has knocked you down.
All the rules are changing now; you're living in sin...
Everything around you is caving in; all you're holding onto-
Is slipping like water through your hands.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:15 pm
User Image

♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

second year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch || Dueling Club

Sonora smiled at Jonah's confident answer. Flipendo wasn't Sonora's favorite or strongest spell, but she knew Jonah had good experience using the knock-back jinx, and well, she couldn't have put it better herself. She'd leaned over to whisper a "Nice answer" when a paper ball hit his head--and then floated into the Professor's hand.

"Incendio."

Sonora hopped back a little in her seat, startled that Professor Cohen had outright burnt the not-snowball. She sat deathly still as Professor Cohen pronounced the judgement. And then, before she could even turn around to see if Ves was okay, they had their assignment.

Once they were dismissed to work, Sonora sat still for a two-count, then blinked. Aside from the burning being downright terrifying, that...didn't seem bad! Sonora bounced up, hurried up to the back of the classroom, and dragged Vespera down into a group with her and Jonah. "Lumos," she said, starting out by lighting her wand. She let out a breath she hadn't known she was holding and flashed a small smile. "Okay, so aside from the point loss and essay, detention sounds pretty fun, doesn't it?" she said in a half-whisper. "I mean you get to hone your spellwork with the professor! You couldn't ask for private lessons better than that!"

A small sigh escaped her. "Nox." the light faded from her wand tip and Sona nodded, pleased her familiarity with this spell at least had not faltered over the summer. "Ves? What do you think?"

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Trickblues

I am built with paper, made to soar in the sky.
I am always looking for an adventure.
It does not matter where the breeze will carry me.
I shall glide on along to see what there's to be.
♫♪
"Paper Plane's Adventure" by V.K. Lyrics by Tanoshibe on YouTube

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:28 am
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera stood when asked, realizing she was in trouble. In retrospect, maybe she should have waited until after class to do that. Or at least wait until Professor Cohen's back was turned. She was not looking forward to the detention, an having to see the Slytherins after losing them house points. Most of all, she wasn't sure how she'd be able to write a two page paper on the Jinx. She would have to beg Sona and Jonah, maybe they could barter for something if they helped.

She nodded and said softly, "I'm sorry Professor Cohen." She then closed her notebook and took her wand and went to partner up with Jonah and Sona, not saying a word during that time. If she had just stayed quiet before, and stayed still before and not acted rashly, then she wouldn't have detention tonight. She knew she didn't get the worst punishment, but she could feel the disappointment(?) from the professor, and didn't like that feeling being put towards her. Maybe, she should just go back into her shell. Sona seemed joyous that she had gotten detention. “Lumos.” She whispered. Then whispered again, “Nox.” She shrugged to Sona, choosing not to answer her question. Maybe detention wouldn’t be so bad. But it was the thought of it.

Where: Potions
Thinking about: oh no
OOC:

The Forgotten Weasley

“addaellis”

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:14 am
User Image
User Image
JONAH CASTOR LANE
Half-BloodRavenclawSecond YearTwelve Years OldThe Daily DragonReserve Beater

» Fall 2043 » DADA II » With: Vespera and Sonora
» Status: 'Probably would have been less of a nerd if I got sorted into Gryffindor like Mum wanted, huh.'

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Jonah had felt the not-a-snowball hit the back of his head, only for it to float into Professor Cohen’s hand and be lit aflame. He froze in his seat as she dished out the punishment to Vespera in a way that was both intimidating and also slightly awesome, though he’d never admit that out loud.

He had taken a quick glance back at Vespera to be sure she was okay, frowning at how small her voice was as she apologized to the professor. Jonah had always imagined if Ves had gotten in trouble she would never disrespect the teacher, but he didn’t think she’d be so… Hurt by it, either.

The class was dismissed into groups to practice Lumos and Nox and Jonah was right behind Sonora in gathering up their tiniest friend. “Lumos,” he casted as soon as they were seated again. He couldn’t help but give a small snicker at Sonora’s excitement over detention, but seriously, who could blame her? He’d kill for detention with Cohen or Soichet! Imagine all the things they could learn—Jonah froze for a beat at the thought. ‘Merlin, we really are a couple of nerds, aren’t we?’ “Nox.”

He slung his free arm over Vespera’s shoulder and gave her a reassuring squeeze. “Don’t worry too much about it, Starlight, it could have been a lot worse!” He spoke quietly, “It’s not even for an hour, and an essay won’t be so bad.” He lit his wand again with another “Lumos,” before continuing, “I’ve been casting Flipendo on your projectiles since we’ve learned it—just think of all of those, and two pages will be a piece of cake! If it’ll make you feel better about the detention, I’ll be right out the door waiting for you once you’re done.”

═════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
whispers Professor Cohen is my favorite now omg
Addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Hm, a curious mind, an adventurous spirit!
Oh, you could do so well in so many places, my boy
Legacy or not, I see you going far
But, let's see then... I think, for you, it'll be

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:34 pm
User Image

♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

Music club || Quidditch reserve seeker || Dueling Club

Sonora's smile fell when she noticed how downtrodden Vespera was about the detention.Thankfully, Jonah had some actually comforting words for their friend. "We'll both be right out the door," she added softly. "With chocolate."

She lit her wand again, wondering how to cheer her friend up, or at least mollify the dread of detention."Ves? It'll be okay. We'll make up the points by volunteering to help Professor Blodwen organize materials or something." She hoped that by pointing out they could make up the points, it'd make Vespera feel a bit better.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Trickblues

♫♪

addaellis

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:42 pm
The Connelly Family...
tab tab 2nd Years

//Stella////////////////Priscilla/////////////Charlotte
User Image User Image User Image
//Hufflepuff///////////Slytherin////////////Ravenclaw

The school year was starting, and Stella was sitting in defence to her dismay not fair from her step sisters. Why couldn’t she just get away from them in one class? The answer was simple but not one she wanted to go into. Normally class was far from interesting outside the normal classroom capacity but today was the exception. When Vespera tossed a ball of paper at Jonah in plan sight of Professor Cohen, words could not express the levels of reaction from the three girls.

Stella was initially shocked since Professor Cohen was one professor you didn’t mess with next to Professor Hill. Priscilla looked to have a look of pure annoyance and seething hatred. Being a Slytherin it made perfect sense that she would be furious about her housemate losing her house 10 points. What was she thinking anyways? Then there was Charlotte who looked almost dumbfounded.

“She just set it on fire…” Charlotte muttered in amazement. Stella shook her head knowing only Charlotte would focus sole on that and nothing else. “Charlotte, that’s hardly the point.” Priscilla told her sister annoyingly. “What is the point?” Priscilla glared sharply at her sister. “The fact that she’s acting like a child and losing Slytherin points.” That should be pretty self evident. Luckily the class lesson was announced, and Stella could focus on that instead… Unfortunately, along with her step sisters.

The moment they started to attempt to illuminate there wants, Charlotte took out her wand and lit it up. It was the only thing she managed to do last year it seemed. Priscilla rolled her eyes and went to doing the same. Stella soon followed although she struggled on quite a few things last year. Hopefully this year would be better.

Stats'

Stella: She didn't... // Shocked
      Priscilla: I can't believe this... // Otherwise Furious
      Charlotte: Professor Cohen just set a piece of parchment on fire! // Amazed

Who we're with: Each other, Class...
    OOC: ---

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:37 am
User Image

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
                                                              Just to get a glimpse beyond the illusion
                                                              I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
                                                              Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
                                                              Though my mind could think I still was a mad man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vinny rather liked this class. Sure Professor Cohen was itimadating as was his head of house Professor Hill. But they weren't bad people so Vinny didn't worry. Though he wasn't the one being scolded he was definitely spooked when Vespera got in trouble. He had also been in the back simply because he was tall enough to block someone's view and he didn't want to be rude. He usully just sat with the shorter Aeryn. Sure he was bummed they lost points but perhaps he could do something good and get some make up points. Once things settled him and Aeryn practiced lighting thier wands.

[I felt i needed to react too xD]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Masquerading as a man with a reason
                                                                            My charade is the event of the season
                                                                            And if I claim to be a wise man
                                                                            It surely means that I don't know
                                                                            On a stormy sea of moving emotion
                                                                            Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:59 pm
Time to let it go, it won't let go of me
Hanging by a thread, cutting the cord
And then falling back into the black
'Cause if I don't, if I wait 'til it feels right
I'll be waiting my whole life

User Image
𝕘𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕠𝕟
𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕟
𝕖𝕕𝕘𝕖𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕙

PUREBLOOD │ HUFFLEPUFF │ SECOND YEAR

Gideon was pretty much forced to do well in DADA, since his mum was an auror. Guaranteed if he brought home rubbish marks she'd go ballistic. It wasn't that she wanted him to be an auror like her (she didn't) or even go into law enforcement, but 'being able to defend one's self' was something both his parents were pretty big fans of, given... stuff they didn't like talking about. So while he was generally a lackadaisical student, in DADA he did actually take notes. Or at least something approaching notes. That said, he sat there, mouth hanging open, when Vespera Salazar, who he hadn't liked much last year and didn't like much this year, proceeded to throw something at Jonah... in full view of the professor. And not some nice, peppy professor like Aunt Ada or Professor Shoichet.

No, she did it right in front of Professor Cohen. Gid barely suppressed a grin as the professor reamed her out. He usually didn't like seeing people get in trouble, but Vespera was- well, she was kind of... annoying? Maybe that wasn't the right word. She just seemed like... a lot.... to deal with... and he was honestly surprised two people as quiet and seemingly reserved as Jonah and Sonora put up with her. Shaking his head a little as he overhead the two of them promising to bring her chocolate after her detention (chocolate!), he turned to the nearest person, Stella. "Hey Stella," he greeted his housemate, who seemed nice if a bit shy, and whose stepsisters were probably some of the worst people he'd ever met, "how was your summer?" He lowered his voice. "That was wild, right?"

OOC:
murruelecreuset

Gold, when you see me, hi, if you need me
Babe, that's the way it was, that's the history
Blue, how we used to roar, like an open fire
That's the way it was, but that's history

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:30 pm
User ImageUser Image
Stella Connelly
Second Year Hufflepuff
Twelve Year Old - Pureblood

Step Sister

Stella normally kept to herself in class whenever she could. So, when Gideon greeted her, she was slightly surprised but not against the interaction. He was a nice boy. One she figured would try to avoid having to deal with her step sisters which inadvertently meant her as well. That’s probably why she only had one solid friend in Tracer. Her housemates weren’t afraid of her step sisters it seemed which was at least one positive in it all.

“Hi Gideon,” Stella greeted him in return. “My summer was as good as I could expect it to be.” She told him. Translation, her step mother gave her a hard time about her step sisters’ grades and then preceded to make her suffer for it. What else was new really? “And, yeah I suppose. Rather shocking someone would even try that in this class.” She whispered back to him. “The fire was a nice touch.” She added quietly before asking. “So, how was your summer?”

Company : Class... my step sisters... Gideon

OOC : - - -

The Forgotten Weasley

My dear girl, I think your mother would be quite proud
                                                                          tab tab You've a good heart, and a sharp mind
                                                                          .Now then, I think you'll find yourself right at home in
                                                                          tab tab tab tab tab _ Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:04 pm
Time to let it go, it won't let go of me
Hanging by a thread, cutting the cord
And then falling back into the black
'Cause if I don't, if I wait 'til it feels right
I'll be waiting my whole life

User Image
𝕘𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕠𝕟
𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕟
𝕖𝕕𝕘𝕖𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕙

PUREBLOOD │ HUFFLEPUFF │ SECOND YEAR

Gid raised an eyebrow in response to Stella's pretty grim description of her summer. "That bad, huh?" He didn't really know much about her home life, but given the way her sisters treated her, he suspected it was... not so great. Which just made him weirdly grateful for his own parents and sister. Even when Luce was ratting him out, he still loved her for being her strange little self. "Well, you can always come round Diagon if your house sucks," he shrugged casually. "That's where I spent mine- and you get sick of watching people buy wands after a while. My dad runs Ollivander's," he added as an afterthought, realizing she might not have known that, even if she got her wand from there, like 99% of the school.

OOC:
murruelecreuset

Gold, when you see me, hi, if you need me
Babe, that's the way it was, that's the history
Blue, how we used to roar, like an open fire
That's the way it was, but that's history

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:28 pm
User ImageUser Image
Stella Connelly
Second Year Hufflepuff
Twelve Year Old - Pureblood

Step Sister

Stella nodded to the boy’s response. She’d never really said much about her home life. Then again what needed to be said, most could figure it out from the way her sisters treated her. She appreciated the offer he gave her for sure. It was nice of him. “Thanks, I certainly could use an escape.” She replied. “I remember meeting your dad. My dad works with dragons so he’s rarely home.” She shared with Gideon. It could also be said that Priscilla and Charlotte got their personalities from their mother. However, Stella was far too nice to admit that small fact.

Company : Class... my step sisters... Gideon

OOC : Figured I'd get this in before DADA updates ouo

The Forgotten Weasley

My dear girl, I think your mother would be quite proud
                                                                          tab tab You've a good heart, and a sharp mind
                                                                          .Now then, I think you'll find yourself right at home in
                                                                          tab tab tab tab tab _ Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:29 am
When everything turns to black,
You don't know where to go...
You need something to justify your soul.
Silence is broken, confidence is gone;
Everything you're holding onto falls.

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Professor of DADA │ Muggleborn │ Haitian

Fanchon was discussing something with an older Gryffindor and older Slytherin, possibly sixth or seventh years, when the second years arrived for class. After they had sat down she stepped to the front of the room to start the lesson. "Today you'll be learning the Tickling Charm, which is about as ridiculous as it sounds, and usually only used in duels. But it may prove handy in some odd situation one day, so here we are. This is Sean," the boy waved awkwardly, "And Imogen," the girl smiled, "Who have agreed to be guinea pigs for this lesson."

Fanchon drew her wand. "The effects of the tickling charm are simple. It causes the target to double over in uncontrollable laughter, temporarily keeping them from casting any spells. Sean?"

The blond boy stepped forward, drawing his wand as well. "Expell-,"

"Ric-tuh-SEM-pra!" Fanchon snapped, and he doubled over in wheezing laughter, holding his midsection as he tried to get a hold of himself. After a few moments the spell gradually wore off, and the older boy straightened back up, looking a little winded but no worse for the wear.

"As you can see, the light should be silver, and the movement goes like this:,"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Now, I'd like two lines, and for each of you to have a go casting it on one of these two," she indicated the two teens with a jerk of her head.

OOC:
Username

All the people selling truths on every corner now-
They wait until the fear has knocked you down.
All the rules are changing now; you're living in sin...
Everything around you is caving in; all you're holding onto-
Is slipping like water through your hands.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:59 am
User Image

♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

Music club || Quidditch reserve seeker || Dueling Club

Sonora greeted Vespera with a little nudge, then noticed the spell on the board and glanced cautiously at Jonah. This sounded like grounds for a future prank. She couldn't help but giggle a little herself when Sean doubled over in laughter. It looked like a fun spell. Definitely a future prank. She was surprised it was most often used in dueling...although she had to imagine that after being hit by the spell a few times, the other person would be quite out of breath, with stitches in their side and probably pretty annoyed.

She was partially relieved to discover they wouldn't be practicing against each other. It meant her friends would be would be safe from each other for the hour at least, and Sona probably would have spent the entire period laughing instead of practicing.

She found herself at the front of the line. With an apologetic nod, she raised her wand: "Rictumsempra!" As it was she ought not to have worried-- her cast barely seemed to register as a mild giggle and Sonora headed to the back of the line wondering if she'd messed up the wand movement. She turned to the student next to her quietly. "Do you think it works if you're not ticklish?"

In any case, that was clearly not the issue with Imogen, as other people seemed to be having more success making her laugh.

---

♫♪

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:42 am
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃

Vespera walked into class, dreading the class more than usual. She had ticked the professor off last time, and she feared the wrath of her. She stood in line behind Sona, liking the sound of the spell. "Rictumsempra." Vespera said softly, and the target student just let out a little chuckle. Vespera moved to the back of the line and frowned, maybe she needed more umph in her spell casting, more direction? "Do you think it works if you don't want to laugh? Will your desire to not laugh be able to counter the spell if you can tell the opponent is casting it?" Vespera hoped so, she didn't want to laugh and cause a disturbance.

Where: DADA
Thinking about: Not laughing
OOC:

Quote:

“addaellis”

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out