Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
Defense Against the Dark Arts IV ~ *1/5* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:10 pm
When everything turns to black,
You don't know where to go...
You need something to justify your soul.
Silence is broken, confidence is gone;
Everything you're holding onto falls.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Professor of DADA │ Muggleborn │ Haitian

Fanchon sat on top of her desk, rather casually, and didn't feel it was inappropriate, seeing how this lesson involved hexes, which technically, the students weren't even allowed to be casting. They only learned this spell because the rest of the world was nowhere near so gentle. The classroom itself appeared to be devoid of anything, aside from her desk, herself, and her cat. The board seemed to have vanished, as had the windows, desks, and chairs.

"Bon apremidi," she greeted the students as they entered. "I'm not quite allowed to hex you, so this is my solution to help you still learn how to deflect them. I've cast a bedazzling hex on nearly everything in this room, as you can see, and it's going to take all of you to collectively reveal everything, especially if you would like to sit down at some point."

The Haitian slid nimbly off her desk and approached where the board ought to have been, wand aloft, opposite hand outstretched, palm facing outward. "SAL-vee-oh HEK-see-uh," she cast calmly, and a watery sort of haze washed over immediate area, revealing the blackboard. "Just like that. Proceed."

OOC:
Username

All the people selling truths on every corner now-
They wait until the fear has knocked you down.
All the rules are changing now; you're living in sin...
Everything around you is caving in; all you're holding onto-
Is slipping like water through your hands.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:42 pm

FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon sat at her desk, talking with two older students, a Ravenclaw boy and a Hufflepuff girl, one of whom was petting a napping Jacques, as the fourth years came in. After another moment or so she stood up and strode to the front, the two following her. "Bon apremidi, everyone. Today you will be learning the Tongue-Tying Charm, which is technically a curse," she smirked a little. "The purpose of the spell is to prevent the target from speaking, which, as you can imagine, can be very useful when someone is attempting to attack you. However, it is not a terribly advanced spell, and you may find the Silencing Charm more effective. But it's good in a pinch." The Haitian nodded to the two students on either side of her. "This is Quentin and Therese, who volunteered to help us today." She looked to the Hufflepuff. "Therese?"

The dark-haired girl stepped towards her, drawing her wand. "Petrifi-,"

"Mimble wimble," Fanchon said clearly, moving her wand in a complex looping form:

The girl immediately went silent, a hand flying up to her mouth out of instinct, and after a few moments, coughed a little as she regained the ability to speak.

"The light should be blue, as you just saw," the professor continued, "And the wand movement is the hardest thing to master. Some side effects of the spell can include stammering and occasionally retching, but it shouldn't cause any undue harm. Two lines please; the only people you should be directing this at are my two volunteers."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:47 am

FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon had arranged five mannequins in the front of the class. Stupefy was a fairly serious spell to messing about with, and she didn't need to wind up bringing anyone down to the infirmary because they'd been hit with an exceptionally strong stunner. "Stupefy, or the stunning spell," she began, "Renders the target unconscious and halts moving objects. The effects of it will typically wear off with time, although they can be countered with rennervate, the reviving spell. It can also be deflected with a shield charm. Being hit with multiple stunners at once would seriously injure or potentially kill a person, but some species are naturally resistant to the spell, such as dragons, trolls, and giants." She flicked her wand at the mannequins, whom began to jerkily walk around in a circle. "STEW-puh-fye!" One immediately crumpled to the ground, frozen. "As you can see, the light should red, and the hand movement is simply a straight line."

"Now I want all of you to try, one at time, please," she warned sternly.

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:45 am

FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon sat in her very comfortable chair, stroking Jacques, her cat, curled up in her lap, as though she were a Bond villain, and gave the room one final once over. She had enough tables and chairs to fit everyone, she'd made sure the room was spotless, in case anyone had any dust allergies, and she'd tried to make it.... if not quite welcoming, at least slightly less intimidating, although that was a bit difficult when the decor of the room literally included a giant skeleton of some magical beast suspended above the class. Ah well. They'd have to get used to Hogwarts's quirks at some point, and DADA was a notoriously challenging class, although not quite to the level of say, Transfiguration or Potions. However, it was extremely important, and if she had her way, she'd make it mandatory for all seven years. Alas, she could not have her way, so she only had five years to drill as much knowledge as possible through their hairy little heads. If she could make sure all of them could cast a proper shield charm, patronus, disarm someone, and defeat a boggart, she'd be happy. It would raise their life expectancy significantly. As the fourth years filtered into the room, she observed them stoically, not rising from her seat (and disturbing Jacques' nap) until everyone had taken their seats and were (mostly) quiet. "Bon apremidi. Good afternoon," she translated calmly, confident that her accent, while strong, was not an excuse for them to not listen. "I am Fanchon Cohen, and I am responsible for ensuring that all of you can recognize dark magic, and properly defend yourselves against it. My rules are written on the board. Follow them, don't follow them, it's your choice. This class is largely about choices. I'm here to demonstrate to you how to make good ones." Fanchon scanned the class for a moment, before raising her wand. "Lustro circulus." A ring of crimson and gold fire encircled the front of the room. "You all should have learned how to end a spell last year. Ten house points to whoever can end this one."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:44 pm
User Image
Faina Patrovna
SlytherinFourth YearFourteen Years OldSingle

"Bonjour, Madam Professeur," Faina said, upon arriving for class. "Did you have a good summer?" While Defense Against the Dark Arts was a challenging class, it was one Faina liked, and it helped that she really liked her teacher. Faina studied her class material over the summer, and so she felt ready to dig into whatever they'd be tackling this term. She just hoped the professor didn't drop a boggart on them as a warm-up exercise.

Thankfully, Professor Cohen started with a Charm which did not subject one to their primal fears. Faina raised her hand, to be allowed to have a go at it cancelling the spell, before drawing her wand. "Finite Incantatem!" she intoned firmly, as she gestured with her wand, and caused the glowing ring to dissipate.

OOC:
Username

User Image
                      "And you ask me what I want this year
                      And I try to make this kind and clear
                      Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
                      Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
                      And desire and love and empty things
                      Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:46 pm

FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon sat on top of her desk, rather casually, and didn't feel it was inappropriate, seeing how this lesson involved hexes, which technically, the students weren't even allowed to be casting. They only learned this spell because the rest of the world was nowhere near so gentle. The classroom itself appeared to be devoid of anything, aside from her desk, herself, and her cat. The board seemed to have vanished, as had the windows, desks, and chairs.

"Bon apremidi," she greeted the students as they entered. "I'm not quite allowed to hex you, so this is my solution to help you still learn how to deflect them. I've cast a bedazzling hex on nearly everything in this room, as you can see, and it's going to take all of you to collectively reveal everything, especially if you would like to sit down at some point."

The Haitian slid nimbly off her desk and approached where the board ought to have been, wand aloft, opposite hand outstretched, palm facing outward. "SAL-vee-oh HEK-see-uh," she cast calmly, and a watery sort of haze washed over immediate area, revealing the blackboard. "Just like that. Proceed."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:00 pm
User Image
Faina Patrovna
SlytherinFourth YearFourteen Years OldSingle

"Bon apremidi, Madam Professeur," Faina said in answer to the professor, upon arriving for class. As she looked around, she saw there was nothing else in the room, save for the teacher, her cat and her desk. It didn't surprise her in the slightest, but then she'd learned to expect just about anything from this class.

It looked like today would be a lesson in equal parts individual effort, as well as a team-building exercise. Using the concentration exercise she learned in Cursebreaking class, Faina held out her left hand, palm faced outward, while she gestured with her wand. "Salvio Hexia!" she intoned, firmly and clearly. There was a ripple in the middle of the air, and a watery haze appeared, vaguely exposing a small bit of floor to view. "Yeah, this'll take a while," Faina muttered under her breath

OOC:
Username

User Image
                      "And you ask me what I want this year
                      And I try to make this kind and clear
                      Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
                      Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
                      And desire and love and empty things
                      Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:49 pm

FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon sat at her desk, talking with two older students, a Ravenclaw boy and a Hufflepuff girl, one of whom was petting a napping Jacques, as the fourth years came in. After another moment or so she stood up and strode to the front, the two following her. "Bon apremidi, everyone. Today you will be learning the Tongue-Tying Charm, which is technically a curse," she smirked a little. "The purpose of the spell is to prevent the target from speaking, which, as you can imagine, can be very useful when someone is attempting to attack you. However, it is not a terribly advanced spell, and you may find the Silencing Charm more effective. But it's good in a pinch." The Haitian nodded to the two students on either side of her. "This is Quentin and Therese, who volunteered to help us today." She looked to the Hufflepuff. "Therese?"

"Mimble wimble," Fanchon said clearly, moving her wand in a complex looping form:

The girl immediately went silent, a hand flying up to her mouth out of instinct, and after a few moments, coughed a little as she regained the ability to speak.

"The light should be blue, as you just saw," the professor continued, "And the wand movement is the hardest thing to master. Some side effects of the spell can include stammering and occasionally retching, but it shouldn't cause any undue harm. Two lines please; the only people you should be directing this at are my two volunteers."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:33 pm

FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon had arranged five mannequins in the front of the class. Stupefy was a fairly serious spell to messing about with, and she didn't need to wind up bringing anyone down to the infirmary because they'd been hit with an exceptionally strong stunner. "Stupefy, or the stunning spell," she began, "Renders the target unconscious and halts moving objects. The effects of it will typically wear off with time, although they can be countered with rennervate, the reviving spell. It can also be deflected with a shield charm. Being hit with multiple stunners at once would seriously injure or potentially kill a person, but some species are naturally resistant to the spell, such as dragons, trolls, and giants." She flicked her wand at the mannequins, whom began to jerkily walk around in a circle. "STEW-puh-fye!" One immediately crumpled to the ground, frozen. "As you can see, the light should red, and the hand movement is simply a straight line."

"Now I want all of you to try, one at time, please," she warned sternly.

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:21 am

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon sat in her very comfortable chair, stroking Jacques, her cat, curled up in her lap, as though she were a Bond villain, and gave the room one final once over. She had enough tables and chairs to fit everyone, she'd made sure the room was spotless, in case anyone had any dust allergies, and she'd tried to make it.... if not quite welcoming, at least slightly less intimidating, although that was a bit difficult when the decor of the room literally included a giant skeleton of some magical beast suspended above the class. Ah well. They'd have to get used to Hogwarts's quirks at some point, and DADA was a notoriously challenging class, although not quite to the level of say, Transfiguration or Potions. However, it was extremely important, and if she had her way, she'd make it mandatory for all seven years. Alas, she could not have her way, so she only had five years to drill as much knowledge as possible through their hairy little heads. If she could make sure all of them could cast a proper shield charm, patronus, disarm someone, and defeat a boggart, she'd be happy. It would raise their life expectancy significantly. As the fourth years filtered into the room, she observed them stoically, not rising from her seat (and disturbing Jacques' nap) until everyone had taken their seats and were (mostly) quiet. "Bon apremidi. Good afternoon," she translated calmly, confident that her accent, while strong, was not an excuse for them to not listen. "I am Fanchon Cohen, and I am responsible for ensuring that all of you can recognize dark magic, and properly defend yourselves against it. My rules are written on the board. Follow them, don't follow them, it's your choice. This class is largely about choices. I'm here to demonstrate to you how to make good ones." Fanchon scanned the class for a moment, before raising her wand. "Lustro circulus." A ring of crimson and gold fire encircled the front of the room. "You all should have learned how to end a spell last year. Ten house points to whoever can end this one."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:11 pm

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:58 am

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:19 pm

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon sat in her very comfortable chair, stroking Jacques, her cat, curled up in her lap, as though she were a Bond villain, and gave the room one final once over. She had enough tables and chairs to fit everyone, she'd made sure the room was spotless, in case anyone had any dust allergies, and she'd tried to make it.... if not quite welcoming, at least slightly less intimidating, although that was a bit difficult when the decor of the room literally included a giant skeleton of some magical beast suspended above the class. Ah well. They'd have to get used to Hogwarts's quirks at some point, and DADA was a notoriously challenging class, although not quite to the level of say, Transfiguration or Potions. However, it was extremely important, and if she had her way, she'd make it mandatory for all seven years. Alas, she could not have her way, so she only had five years to drill as much knowledge as possible through their hairy little heads. If she could make sure all of them could cast a proper shield charm, patronus, disarm someone, and defeat a boggart, she'd be happy. It would raise their life expectancy significantly.

As the fourth years filtered into the room, she observed them stoically, not rising from her seat (and disturbing Jacques' nap) until everyone had taken their seats and were (mostly) quiet. "Bon apremidi. Good afternoon," she translated calmly, confident that her accent, while strong, was not an excuse for them to not listen. "I am Fanchon Cohen, and I am responsible for ensuring that all of you can recognize dark magic, and properly defend yourselves against it. My rules are written on the board. Follow them, don't follow them, it's your choice. This class is largely about choices. I'm here to demonstrate to you how to make good ones." Fanchon scanned the class for a moment, before raising her wand. "Lustro circulus." A ring of crimson and gold fire encircled the front of the room. "You all should have learned how to end a spell last year. Ten house points to whoever can end this one."

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:43 am

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:56 pm

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

OOC:
Username

Fourth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff