Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Why You Can't Both Follow Jesus

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:21 am
and Reject the Authority of the Bible

BY MATT MOORE , CP GUEST COLUMNIST
Jan 21, 2017 | 12:01 PM

My friend Trevor (not his real name) has proudly identified as a Christian for the nearly two decades I have known him. Throughout our childhood and teenage years, he was what I then mockingly called my "Bible-thumper" friend. He was heavily involved in the ministry of his church and was always inviting me (and everyone else) to youth events, game nights, lock-ins, etc. However, shortly after graduating high school, Trevor's fiery passion for God began to dwindle. He stopped going to church and didn't seem nearly as gung-ho about Jesus or the Bible as he had been previously.

Ten years later, Trevor's faith has taken on a less than orthodox appearance. He still believes the God of the Bible is the true God — you cannot convince him otherwise. He continues to identify as a Christian and insists he is saved by the redemption that is in Jesus. However, he is no longer willing to submit to the idea that the entire Bible is divinely inspired and authoritative over his life.

Read more at: Why You Can't Both Follow Jesus and Reject the Authority of the Bible  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:29 pm
A lot of people are like that these days. They think that man has somehow 'disproved' the history of the Bible and that what it says is irrelevant. It's unfortunate that people are willing to follow and believe Jesus but to disregard God's word. Especially since Jesus believed every word in Scripture was God's word.  

Lady Vizsla

The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff