Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Pray for my country

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iBarracus

14,300 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:10 pm
this is a special request that i make for the ones who believe in the name above all names.

a serious situation is happening on one of the states of brazil that nobody expected. a police strike is currently happening(organized by police's relatives, since the government doesn't allow them to do it) and panic has taken over of the state.

many people describes this state scenario as a post-apocalyptic situation, taken over by dozens of bandits, burglars and assassins. crime organizations are using the current situation to clash on themselves. and the most ironic fact:
this is the happening on a state which is called Holy Spirit. yes, holy spirit(Espirito Santo in portuguese).

publication from the guardian

those are some sources and videos to show how the situation is currently.

please i beg, pray for my country and for our state  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:45 am
God certainly has a symbolic way of speaking. I do not think it is a coincidence that the place in which this breaks out is named Espírito Santo.

• Isaiah 63:10 (NIV)

10 Yet they rebelled
            and grieved his Holy Spirit.
        So he turned and became their enemy
            and he himself fought against them.

I feel like Brazil has been under God's judgment ever since they agreed to host, in Rio de Janeiro, the idolatrous games that honor the Greek gods (even if the torch were to stop being lit in the temple of Hera, the games still honor them. By the way...).

The Olympic torch is lit several months before the start of the actual games. The flame begins its journey at the site of the original Olympic Games -- Olympia, Greece. It is lit, just as it was in ancient times, at the Temple of Hera.

An actress dressed as a ceremonial priestess, in the robes of the ancient Greeks, lights the torch via the same technique used in the original Games. She uses a parabolic mirror to focus light rays from the sun. The parabolic mirror has a curved shape. When it is held toward the sun, the curvature focuses the rays to a single point. The energy from the sun creates a great deal of heat. The priestess holds a torch in the center of the parabolic mirror, and the heat ignites the fuel in the torch, sparking a flame.

source: http://www.olympia-greece.org/templevideo.html

According to historical records, the first ancient Olympic Games can be traced back to 776 BC. They were dedicated to the Olympian gods and were staged on the ancient plains of Olympia. They continued for nearly 12 centuries, until Emperor Theodosius decreed in 393 A.D. that all such "pagan cults" be banned.

https://www.olympic.org/ancient-olympic-games/history

Ah, but honoring their games and practices hasn't stopped. :l How Satan dupes us to continue to honor the gods of the nations and incur YHWH's wrath and jealousy. He has sent the Zika Virus (plague) and is now sending physical violence (the sword).

• Ezekiel 14:21 (NIV)

21 “For this is what the Sovereign Lord says: How much worse will it be when I send against Jerusalem my four dreadful judgments—sword and famine and wild beasts and plagueto kill its men and their animals!

These are just some of the judgments He promises to send when we disobey and He has stopped waiting for us to repent. Both of these topics are covered more thoroughly here: [The Divine Judgments of God], [Idolatry].

Yes, even against believers:

• 1 Corinthians 10:19-22 (NIV)

19 Do I mean then that food sacrificed to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? 20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. 21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons. 22 Are we trying to arouse the Lord’s jealousy? Are we stronger than he?

• Psalm 78:58 (NIV)

58 They angered him with their high places;
              they aroused his jealousy with their idols.

• Proverbs 6:34-35 (NIV)

34 For jealousy arouses a husband’s fury,
              and he will show no mercy when he takes revenge.
        35 He will not accept any compensation;
              he will refuse a bribe, however great it is.

• Revelation 2:18-23 (NIV)

18 “To the angel of the church in Thyatira write:

These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze. 19 I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first.

20 Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. 21 I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling. 22 So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. 23 I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.

We cannot think well of the demons or the practices that honor them; that's enough to arouse His jealousy (the cherishing of the demon, the honoring of their ways, is what He hates).

So, I pray for their repentance from wicked ways, all behaviors and sentiments that YHWH calls sin and corrupt in His eyes. That they receive the discernment to identify how they are committing these sins in their life, its every manifestation—in the thoughts of their heart, words of their lips, and actions carried out by the body—and leave those sins behind, at every level of their being. God does judge us for the thoughts of our hearts and the words we speak too:

• Job 42:8 (KJV)

8 Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job.

• Job 1:5 (NIV)

5 When a period of feasting had run its course, Job would make arrangements for them to be purified. Early in the morning he would sacrifice a burnt offering for each of them, thinking, “Perhaps my children have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.” This was Job’s regular custom.

Job's friends had merely spoken erroneously concerning YHWH's dealing with Job. That was enough to arouse YHWH's wrath to punish them, and their speaking needed atonement and intercession. Same with Job's children: had they cursed God in mere thought, that was enough to necessitate atonement to avoid God's wrath on earth.

So, I pray that God gives the survivors a heart that stops cherishing sin, and starts loving righteousness and justice, thus have integrity to YHWH's definition of upright living; and may they start worshiping Jesus in Spirit and in Truth, how His Commands say to, not what has been traditionally done to honor Him but that He finds an abomination and a crime committed against Him and His creation—in thought, speech, and action. Amen. May Jesus intercede and grant us this if it be the Father's will.

Only He knows who in this is a Jeremiah situation:

• Jeremiah 14:10-12 (NIV)

10 This is what the Lord says about this people:

“They greatly love to wander;
            they do not restrain their feet.
        So the Lord does not accept them;
            he will now remember their wickedness
            and punish them for their sins.”

11 Then the Lord said to me, “Do not pray for the well-being of this people. 12 Although they fast, I will not listen to their cry; though they offer burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them. Instead, I will destroy them with the sword, famine and plague.”

...who is the blameless Job, and who is in between the two extremes, the ones God will show mercy to even though they are equally as sinful as the ones who are dying, but are being given another chance to repent because He is longsuffering.

• Luke 13:2-5 (NIV)

2 Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4 Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

Again, though I didn't include the latter two passages, these ideas were covered in [The Divine Judgments of God] topic. May God's will be done.

cristobela
Vice Captain

iBarracus

14,300 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:22 pm
cristobela

you are not wrong, but the main reason we are living those problems is due to what has been happening in years.

i think the main problem of the brazilian church is that they got their heart frozed by it's past and present. the past because of catholic and pagan idolatry(which still remains), and present due to the acts that are changing our country by subversion. we are liviing a similar situation as USA, but our case is worst because of idolatry.

i think the MAIN sin is idolatry, but i'm not sure, since i live here. but the symptoms are visible: coldness, lack of passion and devotion for the Lord. standarized way of living the truly Christianism and lack of knowledge of the word.

i've heard of missionaries that came from here that they prefered to live on China rather living here, due to apostasy and idolatry.

our church is warm, with frozen heart and with lack of hope of change. when i hear people saying that they were healed by God, i get shocked because it's really rare to see those miracles here. you almost see no manifestation of God's presence: no miracles, no strange languages, not even an inner feeling of Holy Spirit's touch

when i accepted Jesus, i was filled by Holy Spirit. it lasted 2 days, and when i told to my leader, he said that this was normal...
IT'S NOT NORMAL!!!!

i'm just telling you those things for you have an idea of what's going on here. it's just disgusting to live together with those people, and i dream that i'll discover my Lord in the future(even feeling that i'm weak to do it).

i just want to point out that i'm not judging anyone. those things i said because of the things that i saw that i'm 100% sure are against God's will and way, and because of my own sins and mistakes.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:41 pm
iBarracus
cristobela

you are not wrong, but the main reason we are living those problems is due to what has been happening in years.

i think the main problem of the brazilian church is that they got their heart frozed by it's past and present. the past because of catholic and pagan idolatry(which still remains), and present due to the acts that are changing our country by subversion. we are liviing a similar situation as USA, but our case is worst because of idolatry.

i think the MAIN sin is idolatry, but i'm not sure, since i live here. but the symptoms are visible: coldness, lack of passion and devotion for the Lord. standarized way of living the truly Christianism and lack of knowledge of the word.

i've heard of missionaries that came from here that they prefered to live on China rather living here, due to apostasy and idolatry.

our church is warm, with frozen heart and with lack of hope of change. when i hear people saying that they were healed by God, i get shocked because it's really rare to see those miracles here. you almost see no manifestation of God's presence: no miracles, no strange languages, not even an inner feeling of Holy Spirit's touch

when i accepted Jesus, i was filled by Holy Spirit. it lasted 2 days, and when i told to my leader, he said that this was normal...
IT'S NOT NORMAL!!!!

i'm just telling you those things for you have an idea of what's going on here. it's just disgusting to live together with those people, and i dream that i'll discover my Lord in the future(even feeling that i'm weak to do it).

i just want to point out that i'm not judging anyone. those things i said because of the things that i saw that i'm 100% sure are against God's will and way, and because of my own sins and mistakes.

I will keep you and your country in my prayers. I'm sorry to hear what you're going through, but the fact that your heart is grieving shows God is working in you.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces