Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Man Will Live in Space: My Belief in the Future

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will mankind live in Space?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Total Moon

Barton Citizen

14,175 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:55 pm
gaia_angelleft gaia_diamond After seeing the movie "Hidden Figures", ringing in my mind through the ending of the film, seeing as how the wisdom of three African-American women changed the possibilities of the future, was saying, "Mankind will live in Space." It's been repeating in my mind over and over again, and I believe it. So many times mankind has ignorantly laughed at people who gave their own knowledge of things that were seen as foolishness:
*The Earth being round, not flat
*Earth revolves around the Sun
*The age of technology
*Equality for all
gaia_crown
We've been seeing lots of movies, t.v. shows and other (subliminal) messages depicting space travel and futuristic life. What if it's actually possible? What if mankind will achieve the final frontier? The Space Age? gaia_diamond gaia_angelright

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:12 pm
edited to correct typo's

Total Moon
gaia_angelleft gaia_diamond After seeing the movie "Hidden Figures", ringing in my mind through the ending of the film, seeing as how the wisdom of three African-American women changed the possibilities of the future, was saying, "Mankind will live in Space." It's been repeating in my mind over and over again, and I believe it. So many times mankind has ignorantly laughed at people who gave their own knowledge of things that were seen as foolishness:
*The Earth being round, not flat
*Earth revolves around the Sun
*The age of technology
*Equality for all
gaia_crown
We've been seeing lots of movies, t.v. shows and other (subliminal) messages depicting space travel and futuristic life. What if it's actually possible? What if mankind will achieve the final frontier? The Space Age? gaia_diamond gaia_angelright

God said we were capable of achieving such things way before Hollywood ever existed. So, whether we can achieve this or not, is not the important question.

• Genesis 11:4-7 (NIV)

4 Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”

5 But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. 6 The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”

The more important question is this:

Is this obedient to God's Commands/purposes for mankind as He created them to be, live, and function? Because anything He Commands is for our good, and anything He Commands against, He Commanded against because it will lead to our harm if we pursued it. And what did God Command us to do? What's our habitat, how should we live, and where? And are there examples of man defying this and science corroborating the detriment? and God opposing them (thus expressing disapproval)? This last one I already provided above, but for the rest:

• Genesis 2:8 (NIV)

8 Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.

• Genesis 2:15 (NIV)

15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.

• Genesis 1:26-28 (NIV)

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
            in the image of God he created them;
            male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

Footnotes:

a. Genesis 1:26 Probable reading of the original Hebrew text (see Syriac); Masoretic Text the earth

• Isaiah 45:18 (NIV)

18 For this is what the Lord says—
        he who created the heavens,
            he is God;
        he who fashioned and made the earth,
            he founded it;
        he did not create it to be empty,
            but formed it to be inhabited—
        he says:
        “I am the Lord,
            and there is no other.

YHWH created the earth for it to be inhabited and YHWH created us to live on the earth (and then eventually on the new earth He will create). That is the obedient habitat for our bodies. Nothing and nowhere else.

• Peter 3:12-13 (NIV)

12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.[a] That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

Footnotes:

a. 2 Peter 3:12 Or as you wait eagerly for the day of God to come

• Revelation 20:11 (NIV)

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

• Revelation 21:1-4 (NIV)

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

Footnotes:

a. Revelation 21:1 Isaiah 65:17
        b. Revelation 21:4 Isaiah 25:8

• 1 Corinthians 15:50-55 (NIV)

50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”[a]

55 “Where, O death, is your victory?
            Where, O death, is your sting?”[b]

Footnotes:

a. 1 Corinthians 15:54 Isaiah 25:8
        b. 1 Corinthians 15:55 Hosea 13:14

Not, "go out into the heavens and conquer a new frontier with your technology/tools to find a new, incorruptible habitat to live in". But wait for your resurrection from the dead (so, not in death, but resurrection from death) if you're looking for a different, not corrupted, earth to live on. This space race is just mankind seeking to achieve a new earth without God. Likewise, this transhumanism movement (e.g. let's upload our consciousness into robots), is just mankind seeking to achieve the new, incorruptible body without God. They are counterfeits to the real thing (new body and new earth). Man's counterfeit to God's provided solution is never the answer:

• Jeremiah 2:13 (NIV)

13 “My people have committed two sins:
        They have forsaken me,
            the spring of living water,
        and have dug their own cisterns,
            broken cisterns that cannot hold water.

God makes things perfect, we make them defective.

So, we should respect the boundaries YHWH has placed upon us and respect His timing. If the sea respects the boundaries YHWH gave it, then how much more should we, who are sentient, respect the boundaries YHWH gave us?

• Jeremiah 5:22 (NIV)

22 Should you not fear me?” declares the Lord.
            “Should you not tremble in my presence?
        I made the sand a boundary for the sea,
            an everlasting barrier it cannot cross.
        The waves may roll, but they cannot prevail;
            they may roar, but they cannot cross it.

Even floods have to ebb away; the seas cannot permanently dwell on earth. Likewise, everything else we pursue, outside of those boundaries, is disobedience. Anything else is not our habitat. And if we are not living the way He said, but interacting with ourselves and others (physically, emotionally, spiritually, mentally, etc) in ways deviant to what He designed and allowed [or outright mandated] in His Commands, then we will only invite harm onto ourselves and others (and fail to protect from the harm), in the immediate and in the long run, by our disobedient behavior.

We already have inklings of this: [Aviation Medicine: Surprising Long Term Health Risks to Pilots]

That's just prolonged periods of time inside of earth's atmosphere, up in the air, how much more outside of it? in deep space? Totally foreign conditions? Hence experiments like these that NASA is conducting: [NASA Is Paying Me $18,000 to Lie in Bed for Three Months] (warning: article contains vulgar language). What they are testing for is a glaring indicator that the boundaries of earth is a boundary we should not cross. The science that can be observed actually corroborates how the Bible describes reality—as it is written, not the erroneous, lofty interpretations and paraphrases that certain church fathers make that deviate from the wording of the text (as it is written in the Hebrew and Greek of the Bible). As an aside, the Bible does not describe a flat earth. The Bible does not establish that the sun revolves around the earth (I addressed the church father's erroneous interpretation in contrast to what Scripture literally says in my reply to D-BoyTheFighter in this topic: [here]). Thus science agrees with Scripture, and Scripture with science (the observable kind). Man's opinion of the Scriptures was fallible not the Scriptures themselves. Just wanted to clarify that.

And our disobedience does not just cause harm to us, but the rest of creation as well: [Rocket Launches Damage Ozone Layer, Study Says].

This should sadden us. Creation is groaning because of what we did (and still do) to creation in disobedience to the Creator's limitations on our thoughts, attitudes, and behaviors.

Movies seduce us—because of the thrill they offer to the flesh/emotions and to the imagination in the moment—into accepting deviant thoughts. But don't let the unholy mindset that is presented in movies enchant you into cherishing worldly / unholy, rebellious ideas, thus contaminate you / what you cherish in your heart and look forward to. Not only can unholy thoughts hinder your relationship with God and your prayer life...

• Psalm 66:18 (NIV)

18 If I had cherished sin in my heart,
            the Lord would not have listened;

..they also inspire people to carry out, thus manifest and achieve, those rebellious thoughts in the physical realm—which has natural, detrimental consequences (as evidenced by the above linked-to articles), on top of inviting God's judgment.

• Genesis 6:5-7 (NIV)

5 The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.”

Our deviant thoughts lead to deviant behaviors which affects us (and the rest of creation along with us) to such a degree that God has to wipe us out. That is why the present heavens and this present earth have been reserved for fire, to be replaced by new heavens and a new earth.

So can we achieve habitation in space (are we capable)? Yes. But it is disobedient considering God's Command, ergo God's will, to spread out and subdue the earth, not go up and out of the earth's atmosphere by our own volition and technologies. The only time we remotely leave the earth while in a body (and obediently so) is at the resurrection from death, at Jesus' return.

• 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 (NIV)

16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

• Acts 1:11 (NIV)

11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”

• Acts 3:21 (NIV)

21 Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets.

So, we should be careful of what we're enticed to be excited about. Man's disobedience (leading to torturous experiments [and harmful consequences] done on themselves and the rest of creation to achieve their evil idea)? Or Jesus' return, restoration of all things, new earth, new heavens, new body, restoration to a habitat that is free from decay, disease, and death, and that is not reliant upon man's fallible technology, but YHWH's perfect creative power, the very same power that created the very good creation in the first place before Adam and Eve messed it up? Man only messes things up further. YHWH is the one who makes the perfect solutions.

We as mankind must be careful of the thoughts we nurture in our hearts and that we let into our hearts by the persuasions of rebellious creations (however it is that they communicate with us: TV, Movie, song lyric, book, fanfiction, advertisement, spam, magazine article, random comment on YouTube or in the forums, etc) whether in person, online or by letter—any form of communication conveys thoughts (they will either be obedient to Scripture or disobedient). If it's deviant to Scripture, then do not cherish it.

• Proverbs 4:23 (NIV)

23 Above all else, guard your heart,
            for everything you do flows from it.

• Matthew 15:19 (NIV)

19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

• Philippians 4:8 (NIV)

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

• Psalm 33:4 (NIV)

4 For the word of the Lord is right and true;
            he is faithful in all he does.

• 2 Corinthians 10:5 (NIV)

5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Thus let's perceive the things we cross paths with through God's point of view and think on the promises of God and His desires, what He says is right—delight in that, not on the rebellious thoughts of fallen creation (whether the idea is coming out of their own heart or the thought is being placed there by unclean spirits, and they turn it into a movie for the rest of the people to be contaminated by).

• Ephesians 6:12 (NIV)

12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

• 1 Timothy 4:1 (NIV)

4 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

• 1 John 4:1 (NIV)

4 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Many of the movies out in the world express unclean, demonic doctrine, not the pure doctrine of the Holy Spirit as documented in the Bible. Whoever paints a vision that disagrees with God's Commands, as something to be enjoyed and thrilled about, is someone seeking to entice us into rebellion against the Father. And whoever doesn't love the truth (Scripture) will heed the messages of these moving images more than every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. We should not be one of them because we have the clarity of YHWH's divine revelation, His Word, which exposes the deception and wrong path, no matter how thrilling to the flesh and to the imagination the idea they entice us with is. Man living in space—in our corruptible body, achieved by our technology—is disobedient to God's design. Man should not do it, but man probably will (at the very least, they are certainly capable of doing so as God revealed. All the more as they seek [and have achieved] ways to communicate despite the language barrier).

cristobela
Vice Captain

Total Moon

Barton Citizen

14,175 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:36 pm
We all know this Earth is not going to last forever. God is going to bring His people with Him in the end. Just, we have been looking at the sky for ages, wondering if we are the only ones, the only "aliens". we were able to land a human on the moon. That's as far as we have gotten now. One of our robots has landed on Mars and is still rolling around on it 's surface, discovering it's secrets and mysteries. We need to find out what we've been wanting to know for a long time. They are planning to send people on a spacecraft to Mars, to see if mankind can live there somehow. With God's help, we can survive. Without Him, we can implode or burn up through space radiation.

It's not impossible to achieve this mission, but it can't be achieved if we don't have the help of God to let us figure this mystery out. we can't stay on Earth forever. It's end is coming eventually.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:58 pm
edited: to address alien life

Total Moon
We all know this Earth is not going to last forever. God is going to bring His people with Him in the end. Just, we have been looking at the sky for ages, wondering if we are the only ones, the only "aliens". we were able to land a human on the moon. That's as far as we have gotten now. One of our robots has landed on Mars and is still rolling around on it 's surface, discovering it's secrets and mysteries. We need to find out what we've been wanting to know for a long time. They are planning to send people on a spacecraft to Mars, to see if mankind can live there somehow. With God's help, we can survive. Without Him, we can implode or burn up through space radiation.

It's not impossible to achieve this mission, but it can't be achieved if we don't have the help of God to let us figure this mystery out. we can't stay on Earth forever. It's end is coming eventually.

I don't think you understood my reply (or heeded the Bible verses in it). It's not by our technology that we get to the new heavens and the new earth promised in Scripture. What man is pursuing is a dangerous counterfeit, not the perfect solution God provides. God is the one who destroys the earth and creates the new one for us (and brings us to it), just like He did with the first earth (creating everything from nothing)—not our technology achieving this.

edit: if by "aliens" you mean sentient, extra-terrestrial life, the Bible already reveals who they are: God and the angels who do not originate on earth, but witnessed its creation (YHWH being the one who created the earth), ergo they are literally extra-terrestrial (beyond the earth, not living on earth nor originating from earth).

Job 38:4-7 (NIV)

4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
            Tell me, if you understand.
        5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
            Who stretched a measuring line across it?
        6 On what were its footings set,
            or who laid its cornerstone—
        7 while the morning stars sang together
            and all the angels[a] shouted for joy?

Footnotes:

a. Job 38:7 Hebrew the sons of God

The angels were already created, in existence, to see our habitat formed, and eventually witness YHWH create mankind as well days later. And there are many angels:

• Revelation 5:11 (NIV)

11 Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders.

God, the living creatures, the elders, and the angels—they're all alive and sentient life not on earth, but outside of it. They're in a dimension that is not this one. They're in the third heaven.

• 2 Corinthians 12:2-4 (NIV)

2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell.

It's not a mystery. On the contrary, it's plainly revealed in Scripture.

cristobela
Vice Captain

The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces