Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Inspiration
10 Ways to Pray When Tragedy Strikes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:28 am
The thing that often makes tragedy overwhelming, incomprehensible, and soul numbing is just how unexpected it can be. Life is going according to plan, and suddenly your world is rocked and you are left reeling.

That’s why it’s so important to have Truth stored up in your heart before tragedy strikes. By being in the Word and in prayer every day, you’re building up a savings account of Truth that you can one day pull from when you need it most.

If, however, you find yourself in the midst of tragedy right now, or currently know someone facing unspeakable hopelessness and hurt, these 10 prayers can be a light for your path as you pray through the hard times.

God never promised a pain-free world. But he did promise never to leave us or forsake us. He does promise his steadfast love never ceases, and his mercies never come to an end. If you are in the mist of hard times, cling to him and trust in his goodness and love for you.

Here are 10 prayers you can pray when tragedy strikes…

Read more: link  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:15 am
I would warn against #7 because of the statement made at the end.

Quote:
Miracles are surprising events which come from the divine workings of God. God has used many an angel to rescue and aid those experiencing sudden trouble or danger. Psa 91:11 reveals God commands His angels to guard us in all our ways. We can call upon our Father’s angels in the middle of great misfortune.

In Scripture, I can't find examples of people praying directly to the angels. Even Daniel, whom YHWH sent the angel Gabriel to in response to his praying, was praying directly to the Most High—not calling upon the Father's angels.

• Daniel 9:20-21 (NIV)

20 While I was speaking and praying, confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel and making my request to the Lord my God for his holy hill— 21 while I was still in prayer, Gabriel, the man I had seen in the earlier vision, came to me in swift flight about the time of the evening sacrifice.

The ones who call upon angels directly, aren't they the "angel worshipers" Scripture warns against? Ultimately, I believe that Jesus (who is YHWH-incarnate Himself) gave the model to follow.

• Matthew 26:53 (NIV)

53 Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?

We're to call upon the Father, not His angels.

cristobela
Vice Captain

Inspiration

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces