Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Art Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:36 pm
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Sixteen Years Old - Sixth Year - Gryffindor - Halfblood
                                              Photography Editor of the Daily Dragon
                                              Vice Captain of the Dueling Club
                                              Member of the Art Club

╚════════════════════════════╝

Taylor strutted into the Art club, full of energy and excitement with a folder full of photos from her summer and a plan to create the most FOMO summer collage of her life to make all of her club mates wish that they hung out with her and her friends this year. At least, that was her plan until she spotted Yari sitting at a table with scissors that she had obviously used to cut the most random patches of fabric with, and then sew them back together in the most un-unified way possible. Clearly something was wrong.

Although a summer passed, the rumours spread quickly once everyone was back on the Hogwarts Express, and even more quickly at the Great Hall on the night of the Sorting Feast. Taylor had heard that Yari’s boyfriend, Angier, had died in some traumatic Transfiguration accident. Taylor herself was pretty decent at Tranfiguration, but she wouldn’t have been so reckless in attempting to cast a more difficult spell without supervision, especially not on herself. Unfortunately, Angier had been.

Linsey, who sported a questionable outfit and accompanied a large beast of a dog, asked about Yari’s latest creation. “That looks like a cry for help,” Taylor stated as she made her way over to the girls and picked up the scissors to move them away from the Wellbelove quadruplet. She didn’t mean for it to come out as mean as it did, but that didn’t make it any less true. The brunette glanced back over at the drooling canine, who was beginning to turn the floor into a puddle. “You should make him a costume,” she suggested before adding, “Can I design it?” Taylor didn't want to leave the dog's costume design up to Linsey.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

If there is a question about my i n t e n t i o n s, I'll tell ya
                                              I'm not here to sell ya or tell you to go to hell (I'm not a brat like that)

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:52 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Art Room, I think?
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Kahlo, a few others I don't know
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Art Club!
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hope I found the right place...

Lewis had been waiting all week to finally make it to the first day of Art Club. His dad had told him so many fun stories about the club, including the very first meeting. Honestly, it made so much sense that his dad had started the club, especially since he had the same colorful senses that Lewis shared. Now, he was ready. He pulled out the colorful map his dad had made him, then pushed on his comfy shoes. After packing his paint into his rucksack, then grabbing Fri-Fri to come along.

Hurrying through the tangled corridors, he finally found a few other people in a room full of art supplies. He walked in, a bright smile on his face. Someone had brought a surprisingly giant dog (but at least he wasn't drooling like grandpa's dog!), so Lewis moved to put Kahlo on his shoulder, making sure to keep the little kitten away from the dog, just in case. "Hi there, I'm Lewis! Is this the right spot for Art Club?" he asked the lady with the big dog, hoping she was in charge. There were a couple other people who looked busy with emotions. Maybe this wasn't the right room, but hopefully they could point him the right way.

{{Wearing :: Messy Clothes}}
Tʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴄʟɪᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡɪɴɢs
Lᴏᴄᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sɪɴɢ
Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴀɢᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs sᴏ ғʟʏ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ, ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɢᴇs ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅ
Wᴇ'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ, ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʟᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴇs ᴡɪᴛʜɪɴ
Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏ, ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
A ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀsᴡᴇᴇᴛ ʙʟᴇssɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴅɪsɢᴜɪsᴇ
Tᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ, ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀs ᴏғ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴠᴇs, ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:11 pm

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

sixth year || Slytherin || halfblood
Art Club resource || Daily Dragon managing editor || Quidditch seeker || Order of the Stick warrior

Echo had spent the morning just reading and studying out of habit, and followed Yari to Art Club out of habit. Yari started setting up and arranging tools silently, so Echo had gone back to the art storeroom to bring some of the materials there as well– there were a few pieces of moulding clay, a basket of fabric scraps, and–aha!-- the set of fashion magazines and style guides she had brought one year.

Upon her return, Yari took up the basket of scraps and started cutting and sewing them together. Echo couldn’t make rhyme or reason of it all, but clearly, Yari didn’t feel like talking. Echo could respect that– she and Yari didn’t always see eye to eye, but Echo understood Yari had lost someone very dear to her and was just trying to process how to get back to a sense of normalcy. She had done her best to get Milan through Daily Dragon yesterday as both his sister and Managing Editor, and she was resolved to get through at least the first Art club meeting the same way.

”Yari–” she started, but the first club members entered then, and Yari bounced to attention, pasting a smile on her face. Linsey Grey-Cavendish and her giant mutt of a dog had arrived. Echo pasted a smile on her own face as she watched Blannat’s tail flutter back and forth. If he knocks over something….

But she would never let her disdain show. Grey-Cavendish was another one of Yari’s little mentee-model-pets. And maybe some of that mentoring was paying off? The homemade skirt didn’t look…unwearable? Unrefined, quaint…oh, she was Yari’s problem anyways. It wasn’t Echo’s style. But Yari had always been a bit nontraditional as well. ”Let me help you with that,” she offered, setting the bag on an empty table to unload and catalogue the contents, all while trying to avoid Blannat’s…entire body.

Taylor arrived next, and just looking at her again made Echo’s head thrum. She was so…pink. A pain to look at. Just. Did she charm her coat with that colour? Why? To match her lip gloss? Disgustingly pink and bright and–

“That looks like a cry for help,” Taylor said, and Echo whipped her head back to the scrap pile Yari had been stitching like it was responsible for her boyfriend’s death.

Very astute. A cry for help. But how can I help? She doesn’t want to talk, she doesn’t want to do stupid therapy nonsense, she’s acting fine. Milan I know drowns himself in work. Is Yari doing that too? Do I just…look things up, do material samples, make sure she has everything she needs for projects? But I don’t get Yari’s style the way I do Milan’s.

She’d have to think about it more. Echo turned her eye on Taylor again, knowing that a remark about her outfit was expected–the two always traded quips on their outfits. But all Echo could think of was how damn pink Taylor’s lips were.

A paint-splattered new face came bundling in then, asking if it was the Art club. They always attracted messes like this. She was about to reply when a familiar voice piped up behind him–another color monster.

”Yep! Welcome to Art club! I’m Galen, this is Taylor and Echo, that’s Linsey, and Yari, our froggy leader” Galen greeted, introducing everyone as he patted the new firstie on the shoulder. He glanced around and his hair matted like it was deflating–or melting, the way it turned a darker shade of brown and grew longer. A pink, fresh scar worked its way down his arm as he made his way over to Yari to offer a hug, pausing only to give Blannat an enthusiastic ruffle and many, many scritches and pets. ”Hang in there, okay, Yari? And if you ever want to just scream at someone or rant, I’m your guy.”

Galen said something to her that Echo couldn’t hear even standing just a few paces away. Something pitifully sentimental about how sorry he was Angier was dead or something. Well…it was better than she could do now. Echo nestled herself back in her seat and fetched the latest issue of Witch Weekly over, pouring over the fashion and news. If anyone wanted a consult for art history or had a materials question or wanted a critique, well, everyong but the new kid they knew what Echo was there for and what she could do. Otherwise, she was going to help her quadruplets drown their feelings in their work.

setting Art Club, first meeting of 2058 || with Art people.
appearance 5'9”, slim || wearing puffy peach flower blouse + black slacks + bejewled black heels with flowers charmed orange
status How am I supposed to help you, Yari?

Also posting for Galen.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166

Graydon Ironshield

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I don't want to be the one
The battles always choose
'Cause inside I realize
That I'm the one confused
I don't know what's worth fighting for
Or why I have to scream
✩★
~"Breaking the Habit" by Linkin Park. Cover by Jonathan Young.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Yaretzi Rose Wellbelove
Sixth Year Slytherin

"You can be cautious or you can be creative, but there's no such thing as a cautious creative."

Yari was genuinely happy that Linset and Blannat were the first to arrive, aside from one of her sisters. Yari dropped all of her work and began loving on Blannat, who cared about licks. "Glad you could make it! It's a uh. Inspiration from Kadinsky or Doesburg? I'm not sure what the final project will be." Yari's thoughts traveled, the piece would be a funeral shroud something colorful for when Yari was gone.

She shook her head, thankful almost for Taylor's interruption. "Your face is a cry for help, Olson."

She had to be nice for the new kid, for the others that came in. Galen thought, almost had her at tears when he said to hang in there. She whispered, "Thanks Galen." Before putting her smile on again, "Welcome Lewis! What kind of art do you like doing?"

She put down her work so far, and put a smile on her face, "Hey welcome to art club, make yourself at home!"

"I am done being creative."

Setting: Art Club, empty room so far
Thoughts: Sharep objects are... sharp.
Wearing: red t-shirt, black sweater, jeans

“”

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:55 pm
Oh my darling I've been missing you for quite some time
So I'm gonna lift the oceans, just to see your eyes
Oh my darling I am getting closer, hold on tight
And I, know it hasn't been so easy
I'm fighting for my life

User Image
User Image

𝖧𝗎𝖿𝖿𝗅𝖾𝗉𝗎𝖿𝖿 𝖥𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝖸𝖾𝖺𝗋𝖮𝗅𝖽𝖾𝗌𝗍 𝖲𝗂𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝖠𝗆𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗎𝗋 𝖠𝗌𝗍𝗋𝗈𝗇𝖺𝗎𝗍

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ Su had been pleasantly surprised to hear there was an art club and for a split second felt the familiar compliant sadness that her parents would ultimately not allow them to join as she had early curfew. Then it struck her; she was at school. She physically lived at school. Her curfew (and most importantly her parents) had no reach here! They had been full of smiles and giggles the entire morning getting ready, too excited to really even do more than throwing her curls in a high puff and rushing out in search of the room. Finding it, she saw it was already partially full of older students, another first year she recognized from class and...the biggest shaggy dog she'd ever seen. Lyn and Efe would have a field day with all of this Su thought taking everything in. Then one of the older students (guessing the leader?) gave a smile and welcome saying to make themselves at home. This inspired a warm feeling to spread throughout and a smile to brighten across her face. "Thank you! I'm-! I'm Su, nice to meet you!" Having said more than what she'd planned, she sidled over to Lewis, the only familiar face, finally noticing his splattered attire. Wow, the dedication!

I could be a warrior, yes I am a warrior
There's no need to worry love
Look around it's glorious
Close your eyes and taste the sun
You know where to find me
(I know where to find!)

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:32 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawThird YearThirteen Years OldSingle

Oh, God…' was the thought which went through Linsey’s mind, as things she’d heard finally clicked, and found she was having trouble wrapping her mind around what was happening to Yari. Angier was her boyfriend, only a couple years older than Linsey herself was, and now he was …well, gone. Linsey’s experiences with death were quite limited, she attended the wake and the funeral of the father of a friend of her father over the summer, and one of her friends from her old school lost her pet cat to old age, but that was really it.

So far as she knew it, death only came for the really old, nor for those who were her contemporaries. What happened to Angier… it wasn’t right, it didn’t make sense, it just wasn’t… and it wasn’t fair that Yari had to go on without him. Linsey couldn’t imagine what Yari was dealing with; it would be like, she guessed, how her cousin Canaan might be faring if something awful happened to his precious Annie.

It barely registered in her mind that she was thanking Echo as she passed the large bag that was absolutely stuffed with art supplies off to her, as she was having such issues processing the situation. When she heard Taylor describe what Yari was doing as ‘ a cry for help’, Linsey discreetly clutched the cross over her heart, breathed a prayer in Latin, before hugging Yari, and saying in a soft voice, “Oh, Yari, you know we’ll be here for you. Please know that.” Blannat knew something was wrong the instant he sensed his mistress’ scent change, and looked up at Yari with big, brown soulful eyes, as he laid a massive paw on her lap and started licking the side of her face.

She heard Lewis’ voice, but it took Galen’s comments to get her to focus on him being there. She instantly knew who he was, of course, she’d met him at his dad’s gallery in Diagon Alley, and Dris was an old friend of Mom and Aunt Fi, and the founder of the Art Club. She looked up, gave the First Year a big smile. “Leeeewwwis!” she gushed, glad to have something less sad to focus upon, if only for a moment. “You’re here, you made it to Hogwarts. I’m so glad to see you.” She went over to where he was and gave him a welcoming hug, unmindful of the stray paint splattered upon him. After a moment, she looked over at the newest arrival, Su, and said, with a bit of a self-deprecating chuckle, realizing she had to look like an absolute hot mess, and not in a good way, “Um, hi, I’m Linsey.”

OOC:
Stefan Lee Salvatore

User Image
                  "All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way

I lie awake for hours, I'm just waiting for the sun
                  When the journey we are making has begun
                  Don't deny the feeling that is stealing through your heart
                  Every happy ending needs to have a start

All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way "

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:42 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Art Room, I think?
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Linsey and a bunch of other artists
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Art Club!
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hope I found the right place...

Lewis grinned brightly when an older boy with colorful hair spoke up, welcoming him to the club and introducing a few others. "Froggy leaders! That's amazing!" Everyone seemed to be hanging around the froggy leader, who was working on some kind of colorful fabric project. The big dog seemed to be full of love, much like Grandpa Wyatt's dogs. Another girl from his year came in too, looking excited to be here too. Lewis was sure he'd make lots of friends here, and get to write his dad to say Art Club was still awesome as heck.

Suddenly, the older girl with super pale hair turned around, and Lewis recognized her as one of the people that came into his dad's shop a lot. "Hey Linsey! It's so exciting to see you!" He gave the older girl a big hug, trying to be careful not to get paint in her hair. "I'm glad that I'm finally here too, even if I miss my family a lot. But hopefully I can make lots of friends here, and it'll all work out. But I'm excited to see you too! We'll have to work on some fun art together!" He grinned brightly, reaching back to gently pet the kitty on his shoulder. This was going to be a super duper awesome year.

{{Wearing :: Messy Clothes}}
Tʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴄʟɪᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡɪɴɢs
Lᴏᴄᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sɪɴɢ
Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴀɢᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs sᴏ ғʟʏ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ, ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɢᴇs ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅ
Wᴇ'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ, ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʟᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴇs ᴡɪᴛʜɪɴ
Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏ, ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
A ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀsᴡᴇᴇᴛ ʙʟᴇssɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴅɪsɢᴜɪsᴇ
Tᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ, ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀs ᴏғ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴠᴇs, ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:02 pm
User Image
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Sixteen Years Old - Sixth Year - Gryffindor - Halfblood
                                              Vice Captain of the Dueling Club
                                              Member of the Art Club

Taylor rolled her eyes at the quadruplet’s remark about her face. “Are you referring to my lip colour? What, jealous that you can’t pull it off as well as I can?” Now that was the Yaretzi Wellbelove that Taylor knew and hated. Well, maybe not hated. At least, not anymore, but if her mental breakdown was going to cause the Art Club to lose popularity, that would for sure lose her points in Taylor’s books. The first day of the club’s meeting of the year was not the time to have a mental breakdown, especially not in front of first time members. “Now, now, Yari. I’m sure you’ll find your colour one day. But by then, you might already be out of your prime.” It seemed that Linsey’s mind finally clicked as she had hugged the Wellbelove girl and told her they’d be here for her. Taylor supposed she would if she needed to be, but letting Yari see her vulnerability in this situation may backfire and reflect on Taylor as weak, so she kept her mouth shut.

A moment later, a colourful mess of a first year had entered the room and introduced himself as Lewis. Yaretzi was going to screw the whole thing up, Taylor was sure of it. Besides, it was none of their business to know what happened (although the rule never applied to her). Luckily, Galen had joined them, just in time to welcome the kid and introduce him to the others. Afterwards, he wandered over to hug Yari and mutter something to her, but as he passed by Taylor, she let out a small gasp as she noticed a large fresh scratch on his arm. “What happened to you?” she asked, hoping for some exciting story where he had been in peril and made a hair-breadth escape. However, she expected it to be a lot more lame, like playing some fantasy game and having used sticks as swords, accidentally being hurt by his opponent.

It seemed like Yari was receiving more than enough attention and was maybe even feeling better that she started welcoming the newbies as they entered, so she walked over to Echo and sat down next to her. “Love the shoes, but don’t you think that outfit is more appropriate for spring?” she asked, noting the flowery theme.

If there is a question about my i n t e n t i o n s, I'll tell ya
                                              I'm not here to sell ya or tell you to go to hell (I'm not a brat like that)

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Graydon Ironshield
Cinnabun Gryffie
addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:14 pm
User Image

So shake the m a g i c 8 until it b r e a k s
                                                And c l o s e your eyes and take a leap of f a i t h

╔════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Syd Barrett
                                                Fifteen Years Old - Fifth Year - Ravenclaw - Halfblood
                                                Member of the Art club - Artist for the Daily Dragon - Reserve Keeper

╚════════════════════════════════╝

Syd entered into the already bustling Art Club as Yaretzi had welcomed him. He had heard about her boyfriend passing away over the summer, and although he didn’t typically pay much attention to rumours, he had to admit that must have really sucked for her. As far as he could tell, though, she seemed to be holding up alright. So, he made his way over to the forms and filled one out before deciding to join his fellow housemates. “Hi Linsey and... Lewis... right?” he greeted hesitantly. About a week had passed since the night of the Sorting Feast, and Syd had been so focused on a new comic strip idea that he had been working to finish in time for yesterday’s Daily Dragon meeting, he had neglected to make time to mingle with the first years. “How are you finding Hogwarts so far?” he asked, mainly referring to Lewis but of course, Linsey could talk about how she was finding third year. Syd didn’t recall any particularly interesting things happening in third year, except for finally being able to visit Hogsmeade.

Don't be a f r a i d of going your own way
                                                S h a k e the magic 8 until it b r e a k s

Cinnabun Gryffie
Quote:
Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:18 pm
User Image

Benjamin Olson
                                              Thirteen Years Old - Third Year - Hufflepuff - Halfblood
                                              Reserve Chaser - Member of the Art Club & Drama Club

By the time Benjamin had arrived, everyone seemed to be in their mini groups or cliques already, so he quietly slipped in. Most of the faces were familiar – after all, Ben has been attending the club periodically over the past two years – but it was nice to see some new ones. Spotting Linsey, Benjamin decided he’d join his classmate and the two other members she was talking to. “Hi Linsey, Syd, and – oh, I don’t believe we’ve met. I’m Ben, third year Hufflepuff,” he said, introducing himself to the newcomer who was splattered in paint.

H e a r t ' s on fire, leaving all b e h i n d
                                              Dark as night, let the l i g h t n i n g guide you

Graydon Ironshield
Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:37 pm

User Image☻☺
GALEN EZREAL SAYLOR

sixth year || Hufflepuff || halfblood metamorphmagus
Adventurer's Guild chronicler || Art Club cartoonist || Creature Appreciation Club enthusiast
Order of the Stick captain || Cooking Club executive chef || Quidditch chaser

Galen gave Yari an extra-tight squeeze before letting her go and returning to Blannat, scritching happily. ”OH Who’s a good boy?” He pulled away when Blannat, noticing his mistress’s distress, went to comfort Yari, and Galen plopped himself down at an empty desk. As he passed Taylor, she gasped and asked what had happened to him–to him?

Galen looked around, confirming Taylor meant him before spotting the scar that had formed on his arm. He jumped into an enthusiastic regaling: ”Oh! So you know Kiwi–err, Pep–Pepijn uhh Ter Avest, the guy in your house with a pet squirrel? So this morning in Cooking Club someone was asking if we could use the engorgio spell on food and somehow we did it to a peanut and Kiwi went crazy. She and Dragon got in a fight over the One True Peanut, someone made them giant in the process, and I got a big banged up stopping it all,”

As he spoke though, Galen's face and skin took on a vivid purple hue and his eyes glowed playfully orange. He noticed the dead giveaway of his lie–a fabrication done for the excitement of a story really!-- and laughed. ”Nah, it’s just my meta stuff acting up,” he said with a grin. ”Thanks for caring though, Taylor!”

With that, he spilled out the contents of his bag and twirled a pen around, trying to get to thinking of something to do for the Adventurer’s Guild campaign. He’d decided he wanted to do something epic for the big boss, but he didn’t have any idea what that would be yet.

setting Art Club, First meeting of 2058. || with Art Club memebrs
appearance 5'9", dark purple skin and a fresh-looking scar on his right arm || wearing Dinosaur Abduction shirt + light blue jeans
status Poor Yari...Milan's probably feeling it too. He and that kid were close.

Graydon Ironshield

Hello, hello supernova sunrise,
hello where have you been all my life?
Gotta wake up and breath again (Oh)
Restart my heart and make it beat again.
Burn, burn rise supernova sunrise.
☺☻
"Supernova Sunrise" by We Are Leo.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:42 pm

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

sixth year || Slytherin || halfblood
Art Club resource || Daily Dragon managing editor || Quidditch seeker || Order of the Stick warrior

The latest Witch Weekly was, unfortunately, not particularly interesting. There was an article on “10 must-have spells to clean your house now that the kids are back in school!” and a long piece on “Self-Care for the Magical Stay-At Home-Mother” that Echo clicked her tongue at. Absolutely ridiculous. Which magical stay-at-home mother would opt for long, exorbitant manicures that could be altered with color-changing spells–something that might chip or get in the way while doing housework or caring for her kids? Even with spells to manage most of the work, Echo imagined such a person preferring a luxurious hand massage, revitalising skin and nail treatments, and a polish that was simple but beautiful. If anything, couldn’t they use a polish with a built-in color changing charm, so the imaginary mother didn’t have to change it herself in the middle of caring for her kids? Ugh, sometimes Witch Weekly latched onto the strangest things in muggle fashion and took them in ridiculous directions.

Echo glanced up when someone plopped themself on the seat next to her and had to bite her lip to keep from making a sound when all of a sudden, Taylor was next to her, questioning her outfit choices. Taylor, with little diamonds by her ears flashing classically but fashionably well with the white of her shirt. Taylor with bright aquamarine eyes, like the shallows of a tropical paradise, perfectly framed by long lashes and the subtlest eyeshadow. Taylor, with that uncomfortably glossy, pink lipstick–it couldn’t just be Echo that noticed it made her lips pop, could it? An uncomfortable heat flushed across Echo’s skin. In the good name of Christian Dior, right now Echo wanted to shut Taylor up and maybe rip all the pink off of her.

Instead, Echo cleared her throat and did her best to put on an air of confidence. ”Spring, because of the flowers? Revolutionary, darling.” she retorted, but Echo’s brain was spinning back the season’s fashions looking for a justification for her outfit– and trying desperately not to think about Taylor’s own outfit, hugging her legs and figure.

”I was more thinking of a look that breathed but still radiated professionality,” she finally said. ”And the white flowers seemed like a touch of snow to come. But of course that would go over your pretty little head.” Dear Prada, had she called Taylor pretty? Surely Taylor wouldn’t read too much into it. Was her outfit really more spring than late fall…winter…ugh, Echo had been going for a whole look mourning-white-flowers grounded in a spring to come look. But she hadn’t checked with Yari or Harlynn first to make sure it worked. This is why she ought to just stick with her dresses.

”If you’re just here for my copy of Witch Weekly, you can have it,” Echo said, sliding the magazine over. ”It’s a garbage issue, aside from the feature on your mum’s upcoming line. Although the photos are simply tragic.” she added acerbically– one look at the pictures and Echo had known it wasn’t Taylor’s handiwork. ”Even you could have done better.”

setting Art Club, first meeting of 2058 || with Art people. Specifically one infuriatingly attractive Taylor Olson
appearance 5'9”, slim || wearing puffy peach flower blouse + black slacks + bejewled black heels with flowers charmed orange
status Damnit Olson.

I don't want to be the one
The battles always choose
'Cause inside I realize
That I'm the one confused
I don't know what's worth fighting for
Or why I have to scream
✩★
~"Breaking the Habit" by Linkin Park. Cover by Jonathan Young.

addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:17 pm
User Image
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Seventeen Years Old - Seventh Year - Gryffindor - Halfblood
                                              Captain of the Dueling Club
                                              Captain of the Art Club

Taylor walked into the Art club with a folder of printed photos that she had taken over the summer. As always, her first project of the year was to collage her photos in a way that told the story of how wonderful her summer had been and that showcased all of the fun she had. But first, she pulled out all of the supplies that were put away before summer holidays. As the captain of the Art club, which had been passed onto Taylor halfway through last year when Yaretzi had tried to off herself, it was her duty to ensure that all of the members had everything they needed. Once the room was good to go, Taylor got started on her collage, waiting for the others to arrive. As she waited, she found herself hoping that Echo would show although she would be wise to bet against those odds. The Slytherin girl had stopped showing up to the club's meetings last year, so the Gryffindor stopped expecting her to. At least they still had the Daily Dragon together although she favoured sitting with Syd over Taylor.

In the m i d d l e of the night, we can form this d r e a m
                                              I wanna feel you by my side, s t a n d i n g next to me

addaelllis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:33 pm
User Image

I am just a new b o y
                                                S t r a n g e r in this town

╔════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Syd Barrett
                                                Sixteen Years Old - Sixth Year - Ravenclaw - Halfblood
                                                Quidditch Vice Captain & Seeker
                                                Daily Dragon & Art Club Artist

╚════════════════════════════════╝

Syd seemed to be a little too eager to get to the Art club it seemed as he had been the second to arrive, the first being Taylor. When their eyes locked, he felt the tension in the room. “Hey,” he greeted awkwardly but nodded when she responded with the same toned “Hey” of her own. He didn’t understand why but he felt a shift in their relationship last year. Once he and Echo had started dating (or whatever the hell they were doing, he still wasn’t entirely sure), Taylor had joined them a couple of times to take some magical mushrooms. He thought they had a good time, but the Gryffindor stopped coming after a few weeks. Since then, she had gotten a lot colder towards him and this moment just so happened to be the first time Syd and Taylor were alone together. Rather than joining her at her table, he headed towards the far table on the left and set up his station.

Will some w o m a n in this desert land
                                                Make me feel like a r e a l man?

addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:13 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawFourth YearFourteen Years OldSingle

It was with a happy tune that Linsey was humming that she walked up to the Art Room, where the club was meeting. She was looking forward to being in the room with her friends, laughing and having fun while creating things. She was hoping things would be back to more of a normalcy than it was last year. It was upsetting to see Yari needing to leave like she did before the end of the term. Linsey knew she couldn’t even guess at what Yari was going through, but it was enough for her to know she was suffering.

She’d wanted to visit Yari over the summer, maybe even bring Blannat with her, as how could anyone not feel better in the presence of a creature whom offered unconditional love and comfort? But that wasn’t possible, so Linsey arranged to send a large package in her place, letting Yari know she hadn’t been forgotten, and that she was being thought of. It was loaded full of jars of Grammy Grey’s preserves, batches of baked goods (including her shortbread), a large container of Irish stew, a couple of nice art books Linsey picked up at the local art festival, and bolts of fabric she acquired during a trip to Portugal. Right now, she really wanted to see Yari at the club meeting today, just to know she was on the mend and … well, she wasn’t sure what else.

As usual, the willowy girl with the long silver hair was accompanied by her faithful companion and protector, who was bouncing along at the end of his tether. Fully grown now, Blannat was far stronger than his young mistress, although now that she’d seen a growth spurt over the summer, she could claim she outweighed him, though only by a few kilos. Linsey was also debuting the new dress she created. While she doubted Echo would call it ‘fashionable’, it was meant to be cute, comfortable, and featured plenty of pockets for small tools and such, something which Linsey believed one could never have enough of. The dress was paired with a cute cardy sweater, and a pair of open-toed sandals.

In her arms were bags of additional art supplies that she picked up at a back-to-school sale at a shop in Muggle London, her contribution to help the club stay stocked for those whom might not have all they needed to bring their visions to life. As she and Blannat walked into the Art Club, Linsey gushed sunnily, “Tayyyylor, Sid! It’s so great to see you again. How was your summer?”

OOC:
kiska166

User Image
                  "All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way

I lie awake for hours, I'm just waiting for the sun
                  When the journey we are making has begun
                  Don't deny the feeling that is stealing through your heart
                  Every happy ending needs to have a start

All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way "

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)