Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Southern Conventions
Mechacon 2017

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who are you looking forward to?
  AARON DISMUKE
  CALEB HYLES
  J. MICHAEL TATUM
  OTHER (Please comment!)
View Results

NemmieNummie

Adorable Friend

6,325 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:30 pm
Are you guys ready for Mechacon in July?? Are you gonna cosplay or go to any panels?

Con website: http://www.mechacon.com/

Synopsis: Mechacon was the brainchild of two close friends, Pete Bares and Jon Russo, the convention soon became the largest, longest-running and most successful anime convention in Louisiana. It has been going on for over 12 years and attendence has skyrocketed from 750 to over 16000! It is held this year at the Hyatt Regency in Downtown New Orleans, which is huge! They have hundreds of panels, from cosplay, to panels with voice actors, and also panels from industry guests! They also hold a charity auction every year and last year, thanks to everyone’s generosity, they were able to raise $10,000 in 2016 for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital! They also have a Red Carpet Affair, a Maid Clubhouse, Lolita Teaparty, Video rooms, gamind rooms, and much much more! Southern Hospitality at it's best, Mechacon is ready to welcome anyone and everyone!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:17 am
Greetings Owlsome,

Could you tell everyone more about what goes on at Mechacon and post a Website for the con that other Guild Members can check out. Thanks. One of the reasons that I ask Guild Members to do this is in case that someone is curious about the con that you are going to but may not be able to go to it themselves. I'm one of those people. I live in Michigan and I Love hearing about and learning about cons all over this Country and the World!  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
Southern Conventions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers