Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[S] Multi pair ticket breedings Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you like the breeding system to change?
  No, I think its fine the way it is
  Yes, I would like the multi pair ticketed breedings to become the norm.
  Yes, but I have a different idea
View Results

Kyjoto

Timid Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:44 pm
Excuse my terrible newb lack of knowledge:
I like the big ticket raffles, but I feel like having all those forms entered is just ridiculous, haha. If the forms are spoilered I guess it's not so bad.

I'm happy with whatever the colorists want to do, and is easier for them. I know everyone wants to win a breeding, but there's definitely a huge demand and a small (but dedicated and amazing) workforce to produce.

I also think that doing specific breed breedings would be helpful/fun too like Mind's Mer and Mini Madness breeding. Maybe do some other specific breedings like only LL couples, or only LM'd before date of raffle ones, RP approved only. I'm not sure this would be a great idea, but I think Mind's Mini/Mer breeding was a fantastic idea!

My terrible ideas are out there now.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:54 pm
Kyjoto
I also think that doing specific breed breedings would be helpful/fun too like Mind's Mer and Mini Madness breeding. Maybe do some other specific breedings like only LL couples, or only LM'd before date of raffle ones, RP approved only. I'm not sure this would be a great idea, but I think Mind's Mini/Mer breeding was a fantastic idea!

I like the RP slots as it brings incentive (: idk lol
yeah the mini/mer breeding slots was great (: those soquili needed the love

==================================================
Yes I understand hiring more people wouldnt be a quick-fix it solution and I know there have been attempts made to find a solution (i.e. LOL being hired which I am super happy about as her skills are awesomesauce).
As I said before in terms of this thread, it is an interesting suggestion of having 5 couples per post in breedings as it gives colourists an opportunity to pick from a variety of couples (:  

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:18 pm
Kyjoto

^ I would like to echo this!

In addition:
- I'm also for more Unedited breedings too. With template splicing and whatnot they've gotten really diverse!
- Super LL Slots? I know this is a colorists personal decision but it was really nice the few times couples with 30+ tries have been put into their own little list. (I do have a couple that just hit 40 attempts and I'm sure I'm not the only one.)

Also - I will say I like the 5 pair tickets better since there is a bit less partner coordination required. So if I have a pairing with someone that I don't normally have regular contact with its easy to keep pairs from being double posted. It also allows me to post some of my self pairs more often since they are actively hoping to build families and whatnot. Since I tend to end up reshuffled down the list in favor of pairs with other people.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:24 pm
mistalina13

Also - I will say I like the 5 pair tickets better since there is a bit less partner coordination required. So if I have a pairing with someone that I don't normally have regular contact with its easy to keep pairs from being double posted. It also allows me to post some of my self pairs more often since they are actively hoping to build families and whatnot. Since I tend to end up reshuffled down the list in favor of pairs with other people.

8D Highlighting that.  

Kyjoto

Timid Bloodsucker

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:29 pm
With the specification on slots.~

Unedited slots: For quota work, edited colourists have to take on edited work. We can have an unedited slot if we take on more than our quota. So the frequency of unedited slots is dependent on the number of unedited colourists we have - which is more than unedited but some also like to do customs in between - and their quota rotation (full-time, quarterly, bi-annual)

RP/LM slots: These are up to colourists pref and aren't intended to be too much of a focus because they only allow certain people to enter (those who are RP qualified and who LM) They will pop up on occasion but aren't intended to be a constant focus because of the exclusivity.

LL slots: These will pop up fairly frequently and we do try and keep track of how many LL couples are and will open up breedings only for LL couples / will do super LL slots when they're required (when the list gets out of hand)

---

As for spoilering the forms unfortunately that's a lot of hard work for colourists when we have to check forms for lists, correct info and for CCing. So while it may seem like a lot of things in one entry it's easier for us that way.

Kyjoto

mistalina13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:35 pm
LOLTERGEIST

Ahhh. Makes sense!

I just didn't know if you all were allowed a loophole to trade out for X number of unedited slots for an edited one (and do splicing and whatnot.) Since you'd still be doing the work but not exactly in the same fashion for quota stuff.  

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:43 pm
I see what people are saying about the LL. I don't think it would be a terrible issue, but I also I tend to run my pairs into LL almost every time as well before getting bumped into a smaller pool for a win, so I definitely appreciate on the LL counter as well.

Still, all you would really have to do is coordinate with the other owner that they would use their ticket to count your other pair as their LL priority! And you could honestly also just keep the LL counter at two per person as it is, that doesn't neccessarily have to change, thats just the way its' been done in the past. I don't think this would make it harder to get multiple pairs to LL, I think it would actually make it much, much easier to bump that counter up.

That could cause a problem by making the LL pool bigger, but that could potentially be negated by making the LL slots themselves ticketed as well. Then owners would still just get one ticket with __ number of LL couples on one ticket and if you get rolled, the colorist can pick which one they want to do. You'd still have to be committed and follow at least one couple through 20 different breedings to qualify to enter, which can take a year or more depending on how busy it is, so I still think that would give you a smaller pool and a better shot to win and that way people can still have their two counts towards LL without giving someone a serious advantage. Even if they have a few LL couples, they still only get one ticket.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:06 pm
Added a proposed LL solution to the front page  

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items