Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Flying ~ Lesson 1/3 (Open 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:46 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageFirst Year SlytherinUser Image
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera looked at her broom and held her right hand above it, she desperately wanted her broom to come up, "Up!" She said forcefully, her broom didn't even turn. She frowned at it and glared at it, "Up!" Again, no such luck. She kicked the broom "If yo udon't get up here broom I am going to break you in half and use you as my poker for the rest of my time at Hogwarts," she muttered under her breath. "Up!" She said one more time, this time the broom did go a foot in the air, but needed to go a bit further to properly grab it. She sighed, at least she was making progress.

▬▬ "Within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil." ▬▬

Where: flying class
With Whom: Slytherins
Thinking about: Classes
Vespera Description: Short 4' even, blond hair, green eyes and slight tan.
Wearing: School Uniform
OOC:

_____

_____

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:52 pm
User Image

Today's lesson was about calling a broom to their hands. Alex knows when learning a new skill, there isn't any need to rush, but just this was a bit disappointing.

"UP!", Alex said with a commanding tone to lift his broom up from the ground. It first shook when he said it but then with a quick dismount, it levitated and rushed to his hand. Alex's hand shook a bit with the force from the broom.

Even if it was for his first try, it did hurt his hand. So there was nothing to be proud of this. But it would be satisfying to lift it up without saying anything.

Quote:

Quote:

CEOxJOE

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:29 pm
New Year 2043 - 2044

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:30 pm
Professor Landon Price
Muggleborn Former Hufflepuff
Professor of Flying (1st to 3rd Year)

User ImageUser Image
                                    Location: Class (on the pitch) - Thursday @ 9:00am

Landon walked onto the field for his second class of the year. He was looking forward to meeting all the first years. He wanted to leave them with a lasting impression and hopefully he'd have some enjoyable students that would want to continue into the advanced classes. As the first year students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good morning everyone, I hope you’re enjoying Hogwarts so far. I'm Professor Price and I'll be your flying instructor for the year and for those who wish to continue on into the advanced flying classes." he told them brightly. "Before we get into introductions I'd like to inform you about some class rules. Don't worry they aren't that bad. All I ask of you is to come prepared and on time for class. Listen to instruction and no horsing around. If I say I want your feel to stay on the ground I expect you do is. The last thing I want is someone getting hurt and I'm sure you don't want that either." He said looking over the sea of students. "Lastly wands aren't needed so they can remain in your bags. Aside from that have fun and try your best. I assure you, that your hard work and effort will pay off." Landon added with a smile.

"Now, as I have each of you come over and grab a broom I’d like you to introduce yourselves. I'd like you to tell me your names, houses, and something interesting about yourself." Landon instructed.

Company: First Years

OOC: ---

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:28 pm
XI The law, the justice, the truth...

AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
first year || Slytherin || muggleborn

Of all classes, this was the one August was most nervous about. If the bloody stairs weren't going to be the death of him, flying definitely was. He'd already checked and confirmed that indeed he had to learn to fly. Well, at least it didn't seem to involve running. That really would have been death.

Despite his misgivings, the boy dragged himself onto the Pitch on time--there was no way he was having a repeat of being late to Charms-- and started looking for one of the Gryffindors he'd run into before: Knapp, Ross, Spektor--they all seemed like good people to stick around in case something tragic befell him midair.

Professor Price seemed kind though, and his rules reasonable. August introduced himself fairly normally, using his mother's model of "something intellectual and something easily relatable": "August Li, House Slytherin. I speak three languages and like marshmallows."

No matter what, I promise, I will protect you. IV

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:15 am
User Image

I wake up every evening
                                          With a big smile on my face
                                          And it never feels out of place
                                          And you're still probably working
                                          At a nine to five pace
                                          I wonder how bad that tastes

Jarrett walked onto the feild being at least thankful this class let him be outside. He wanted to do good here as thats how he was getting his parents to get him a broom. It better be a good one... he found a spot and listened to the others trying not to laugh. As silly as it was he needed to hold his tongue. Getting in trouble would lessen the chances for a broom. Soon it was his turn "I'm Jarrett Zywiec and I'm in Slytherin and i happen to be the oldest in my family." He said not passing an opportunity to brag about his status in the family

Tomorrow you'll be thinking to yourself
                                                              Where'd it all go wrong?
                                                              But the list goes on and on
                                                              And truth be told I miss you
                                                              And truth be told I'm lying

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:54 pm
User Image

Manage me, I'm a mess
                                          Turn a page, I'm a book half unread
                                          I wanna be laughed at, laughed with, just because
                                          I wanna feel weightless and that should be enough

Xavier was kinda nervous for this class he was more than happy to keep two feet on the ground. He was a klutz so he was sure that didn't mix well with being airborne. He got an old school broom and hoped this one wouldn't try bucking him off he joined the group of fellow first years. He was unsure what might be special about him. "I'm Xavier Talbot and I'm in Gryffindor! Cool thing about me? I got a fake leg! You should see the other guy!" Xavier said pulling on his pant leg to show off. Humor works right?

Maybe it's not my weekend but it's gonna be my year
                                                                          And I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere
                                                                          And this is my reaction to everything I fear
                                                                          'Cause I've been going crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:57 pm
User Image
User Image

Elizabeth Kaye Spektor
Pureblood | Gryffindor | First Year | Eleven Years Old
Fall 2043 Flying I With: First Years

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Never in a million years would Elizabeth admit to it, but she was terrified of flying. Wasn’t living in a tower and having to go to astronomy bad enough? She couldn’t stand the heights! But she’d be damned if she wasn't gonna make the others believe she’d got this down pat.

Spotting August on the pitch, she made her way to her Slytherin acquaintance and gave him a pat on the back in greeting. “Mornin’ mate, ya ready for hell?” She teased, partially poking fun at the nervousness on his expression, partially asking herself the same thing. She wasn’t ready. This was going to be a disaster.

“Lizzie Spektor from Gryffindor,” She grabbed a broom once it was her turn, “I used to play violin. Mostly paintin’ these days.” Lizzie gaped when Xavier showed off his fake leg—no. way. Xavier had just won the award for coolest bloke in class. “That’s brilliant! I don’t suppose you’d be able to take it off and smack a git if they right deserved it, could you?” She wasn’t sure what that said about her that the first thing she had to know was if he could use it in a scrap, but... Things to worry about later. It was cool!

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Addaellis

Kungfudemoness

Oh, don't worry so much about those who came before you
Nor about your classmates, my dear girl
Best to forge your own path, find your own way
Some independence would do you good, yes, better be
Gryffindor!

Trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:20 am
User Image
☽Aldrick✩Knapp☾
User ImageGryffindor First YearUser Image

▬▬ Make your life a masterpiece; ▬▬

Aldrick walked to Flying, excited. He loved watching quidditch and now he would be able to learn how to play it properly. Maybe he would be able to join a quidditch team, but not until next year. He would need to get used to Hogwarts first. "Aldrick Knapp, I go by Al. I'm a Gryffindor, and I'm the oldest of 6 children." He had told different professors to call him different things, this time he had said Al, because it was quicker to say when in the air.

▬▬ imagine no limitations on what you can be, have, or do. ▬▬

OOC: Open for Interaction

_____

_____

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:32 pm
User Image

CAI BLODWEN ____________
Hufflepuff, First Year _____._____
════════════════════════
_______

Cai was excited—actually really excited for once. His mother and father refused to let him fly without a proper certificate and by the end of the year he was going to have one. For now, he had to prove himself capable of controlling one of these old worn brooms, but that would be easy. He was more than ready to take flight. Shuffling in line with the other students, he grabbed an old Cleansweep from the barrel and turned to the professor, ”I'm Cai Blodwen, Hufflepuff. And uh... The Caerphilly Catapults are my favorite team.” He finished with a shrug. That was good enough, right?

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
WHEN:: First Lesson
WHERE:: Flying Class
WITH WHO:: Classmates

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

Quote:

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:05 pm
New Year 2044 - 2045

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:05 pm
Professor Landon Price
Muggleborn Former Hufflepuff
Professor of Flying (1st to 3rd Year)

User ImageUser Image
                                    Location: Class (on the pitch) - Thursday @ 9:00am

Landon walked onto the field for his second class of the year. He was looking forward to meeting all the first years. He wanted to leave them with a lasting impression and hopefully he'd have some enjoyable students that would want to continue into the advanced classes. As the first year students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good morning everyone, I hope you’re enjoying Hogwarts so far. I'm Professor Price and I'll be your flying instructor for the year and for those who wish to continue on into the advanced flying classes." he told them brightly. "Before we get into introductions I'd like to inform you about some class rules. Don't worry they aren't that bad. All I ask of you is to come prepared and on time for class. Listen to instruction and no horsing around. If I say I want your feel to stay on the ground I expect you do is. The last thing I want is someone getting hurt and I'm sure you don't want that either." He said looking over the sea of students. "Lastly wands aren't needed so they can remain in your bags. Aside from that have fun and try your best. I assure you, that your hard work and effort will pay off." Landon added with a smile.

"Now, as I have each of you come over and grab a broom I’d like you to introduce yourselves. I'd like you to tell me your names, houses, and something interesting about yourself." Landon instructed.

Company: First Years

OOC: ---

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:41 pm
User Image
Canaan Grey
RavenclawFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Canaan had waited for today to come rather impatiently, and this was the class he'd anticipated attending the moment he opened his letter. More than anything he wanted to get his first legit Flying lesson in. Oh, sure he ridden on broomsticks previously, but that was when his cousins took him on as a passenger (most notably, Fianna, and only when his parents were not around to know about it). Soon, he'd get the chance to fly solo.

Needless to say, he rushed out to the pitch at the appointed hour, eager to get his hands on a broomstick and get into the air. Rain, shine, sleeting, he didn't care, he wanted his chance to fly.

When the class started, and the professor asked them to get a broomstick and introduce himself, Canaan did so, and said with breathless anticipation, "I'm Canaan Grey, from Ravenclaw, and, uh ... I have two cousins whom fly on the Irish team." He wasn't sure how interesting his factoid was, but he liked it.

OOC:
Username

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:05 am
User Image
⫸ Annabella Clodagh Sheehan ⫸ a.k.a. Annie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx
Time: 2043-2044
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Ever since Annie saw the broom shop in Diagon Alley and found out witches and wizards really did fly on brooms, Annie could not wait to learn. She didn't know how she felt about the game "Quidditch" but she felt that learning to fly would make her a proper witch and all that. You could like flying without competing, Annie decided. Besides, she was sure the "pureblood" and "halfblood" (she thought that was what they were called) wizards and witches would have a bit of an edge over her and magical sports. Plus, she was never a particularly sporty person.

They were greeted by a gray haired man who passed out brooms, most looking worse for wear but Annie was still in love with the broom as it was her first chance at flying (well besides in a plane). They were to introduce themselves and Annie felt supremely boring after hearing Canaan's introduction and settled on, "Annabella Sheehan or Annie, I'm a Hufflepuff, and I was born in Dublin but moved to Oxford a couple years ago."
                                                            User Image
                                                            ------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                            You're a lively one, for sure
                                                            Kind and brave, unbridled optimism
                                                            Hm, this is a tough one
                                                            But... yes, I think, for you

Hufflepuff!
                                                            {OoC: }
                                                            Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:47 am
User Image

A world that sends you reeling
                                                    From decimated dreams
                                                    Your misery and hate will kill us all
                                                    So paint it black, and take it back
                                                    Let's shout it loud and clear, defiant to the end

Ollie trotted over to the place where class was. He was excited for flying class. He had a little broom at home that didn't go high but he was good on that so he should be good here. Mabye he could get a broom after he got his certificate? Jarrett did so he should too right? Ollie took a school broom that had seen better days and went to a spot. Oh they would intro themselves first? Soon it was his turn. " Oh! Um.. I'm Ollie Zywiec and I'm in Hufflepuff.... and ummm interesting thing? I'm the first Hufflepuff in my family. Everyone else is Slytherin." Ollie said hoping that would work.

Do or die, you'll never make me
                                                              Because the world will never take my heart
                                                              You can try, you'll never break me
                                                              We wanna all, we want to play this part

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff