Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Flying ~ Lesson 1/3 (Open 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:24 am
User Image
⁂ Margaux Héloïse Lévesque ⁂
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx
Time: 2043-2044
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Margaux was never particularly enthralled by flying. She had been to a game or two before and while it was exciting enough, she didn't find it to be her cup of tea. When she found out she had to take flying, Margaux was not thrilled. Why? She could just aparate wherever she wanted once she was 17. Still it was a mandatory class so she decided the best thing was to play nice. Flying was a lot like horseback riding which wasn't so bad so it shouldn't be that bad either. Taking the best looking broom she could (which wasn't still in good shape) she listened to the introductions till it came to her turn, "Margaux Lévesque. I'm in Slytherin house. And something interesting is that French is actually what I consider my first language." She felt that her speaking French and being French was well known at this point, but the fact she was learning in what she considered a second language might be interesting. She was probably equally fluent in English, but she learned English from her nannies and tutors, her parents and family all spoke French at home. She wasn't about to divulge all her secrets either way. Not to the mere generality of her whole class.

User Image
                                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Ratty? My, how original, never heard that before
                                                Well, then, if you're so sure of what you want
                                                It'd better be

Slytherin!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:58 pm
User Image
                                                  𝔸 𝕟 𝕟 𝕒 𝕝 𝕚 𝕤 𝕖 𝕄 𝕒 𝕣 𝕚 𝕖 𝕂 𝕦 𝕣 𝕥 𝕤
                                                  ___╘═══▶ first year : gryffindor

______User Image ____ User Image ____ User Image
                                                  __________________________________________

Thursday morning. It was beautiful outside, which made this class even more exciting. Annalise ran along to catch up with her classmates as they headed out to Flying class. It was held on the Quidditch Pitch, a game she didn't understand just yet. Maybe she would look into it, if she had a knack for flying. Lining up with the others, the Gryffindor listened to her professor as he laid down the class rules. They were pretty standard rules: don't be late, come prepared, no playing around. She could imagine that this class could get dangerous, since they would most likely be up in the air for a decent majority of it. The professor called them all to claim their brooms from a barrel and introduce themselves. She hated the same old introduction sequence, since she had seen all of these kids every day this week and done the same thing, but she still participated. "I'm Annalise Kurts, Gryffindor, and I like to sing," she said, grabbing her broom and falling back in line with the others. It was simple, and she had surely said something similar to it within the last few days, but it was all she could come up with that wasn't too revealing.

OOC: . . .

❝ I've lost myself in make-believe. Over and over, I'm deceived. You want reform? I can't conform.
                                                  'Cause I can't take anymore of your tainted bliss 'cause I've lost myself in make-believe. You can't break me. ❞

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:14 am
Professor Landon Price
Muggleborn Former Hufflepuff
Professor of Flying (1st to 3rd Year)

User ImageUser Image
                                    Location: Class (on the pitch) - Thursday @ 9:00am

“Ah, Fianna and Hannah. I remember them quite well. Happy to have another Grey in my class.” Landon replied to Canaan. He’d always enjoyed the Grey children all of which had attended a class of his at some point. “Nice to meet all of you.” He said once they all had their brooms. Once he had the classes attention on him, he went on with the lesson. “So to start the class off we’re going to work on the basic command to fly any broom, the up command. To do that, we’re going to start by laying each of your brooms on the ground.” He instructed doing so himself.

"Now standing next to your brooms, hold your right hand above the broom and say up. Make sure to say it clearly and with feeling behind it." Landon told them before saying it clearly like he meant it. "Up.” He said catching the broom as it came up to his hand. “You want to say it and mean it." Landon added knowing flying wasn’t for everyone and fear tended to make getting a broom to listen more difficult.

Company: First Years

OOC: ---

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:33 pm
User Image
Canaan Grey
RavenclawFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Canaan couldn't help smiling when he heard the professor mention Hannah and Fi by name, and a feeling of familial pride surged through him. Lynn took the class all the way through as well, even though she never flew for Ravenclaw, or anyone else. Now, it was his turn, and he couldn't hardly wait to get into the air himself. First though, he had to get the broomstick to lift itself off the pitch for him.

"Up!" he called out, as he held his hand above the broomstick. It wobbled slightly before settling to the ground. With a bit more force in his tone, and tried again, and the broomstick fluttered feebly and that was about all of it. Drawing a deep breath, he used a tone which was usually reserved for when he was training puppies basic commands, and the broomstick leaped almost eagerly into his grasp. Having done this, he looked about, wondering how the others were doing.

OOC:
Username

User Image  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:57 pm
New Year 2045 - 2046

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:58 pm
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

Landon walked onto the field for his second class of the year. He was looking forward to meeting all the first years. He wanted to leave them with a lasting impression and hopefully he'd have some enjoyable students that would want to continue into the advanced classes. As the first year students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good morning everyone, I hope you’re enjoying Hogwarts so far. I'm Professor Price and I'll be your flying instructor for the year and for those who wish to continue on into the advanced flying classes." he told them brightly. "Before we get into introductions I'd like to inform you about some class rules. Don't worry they aren't that bad. All I ask of you is to come prepared and on time for class. Listen to instruction and no horsing around. If I say I want your feel to stay on the ground I expect you do is. The last thing I want is someone getting hurt and I'm sure you don't want that either." He said looking over the sea of students. "Lastly wands aren't needed so they can remain in your bags. Aside from that have fun and try your best. I assure you, that your hard work and effort will pay off." Landon added with a smile.

"Now, as I have each of you come over and grab a broom I’d like you to introduce yourselves. I'd like you to tell me your names, houses, and something interesting about yourself." Landon instructed.

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

shinesnowillusion

Seasonal Pumpkin

9,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:58 am
User Image
𝐹𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇 | 𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓌 | 𝒫𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒷𝓁𝑜𝑜𝒹 | 𝒫𝓇𝑜𝒻𝒾𝓁𝑒

𝐿𝑜𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃
Flying Class
𝒲𝒾𝓉𝒽
Professor Price and students
𝐹𝑒𝑒𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔
Nervous
𝒯𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈
Breathe
𝒲𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔
Ravenclaw uniform

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUgh flying. Probably not Emma's favourite thing, but she had to get through it. There was an amazing Healer at Hogwarts, so she knows she would be taken care of and well Professor Price would help with that. She made sure to eat something before, but nothing too heavy since she was not sure what they would be doing. Hopefully nothing dealing with twists and turns. First they had to learn on how to control their broom.

On the field, she took her bag and left it with the others and kept her wand in her robe. She then grabbed her broom and waited for further instructions with the professor gave the say. Once he started, she paid attention to him and made sure to listen. Right, just do as she was ask to do, be prepared and on time, of course no goofing off. She held onto her broom and waited for her turn to speak. "I'm Emma Middleton. Ravenclaw and I like astrology and astronomy."

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:48 am
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

first year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Art Club seamstress || Adventurer's Guild sorcerer || Cooking Club apprentice
Dueling Club spectator || Fencing club initiate || Quidditch reserve beater

Barely on time Thursday morning, Aidene ran out onto the Quidditch Pitch with a piece of toast in her mouth. She hadn't bothered to bring anything to Flying besides her wand, which she left tucked away as she grabbed a broom. She ate quietly as Professor Price introduced the class.

"Aidene Azura Kieran, House Ravenclaw. Cooking class main, but I sew and fight too." she said when it was her turn, opting for her usual introduction style. If anything, it ought to satisfy the "interesting" requirement.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image  

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:01 pm
User Image
♖ Brook ♖ Knapp ♖
♖ First Year♖

User Image
▬▬"Today, I will live in the moment. Unless it's unpleasant"▬▬

Brook ran into flying class and stopped in front of the brooms, "I'm Brook Knapp, a Ravenclaw, and I love food." Brook didn't think she needed flying class, she had flew on Aldrick's broom plenty, but at least it would be nice to review the basics. She picked up a school issued broom, and walked beside Aidene,"Aidene, you missed breakfast. Here's a pear. You need more than that piece of bread before we fly." Brook was slightly concerned at Aidene's lack of eating, they were going to be in the air for goodness sake! Aidene could have passed out from hunger while in the air if Brook hadn't of come along. Brook would have to tell her as such."Just think Aidene, you could have been flying in the air, and suddenly the hunger pains hit you, the impact of it on your concentration causes you to spiral downwards to the ground, smacking your face onto the ground, breaking your teeth, and forcing you to have to eat nothing but mush for several days. YOU CANT JUST SKIP BREAKFAST AIDENE." Brook probably didn't need to say that last part so loudly, but she had to get her point across, or start making breakfast mandatory for each of her friends.

▬▬"in which case I will eat a cookie"▬▬

Where & Who: Flying with Firsties
Thinking about: Aidene didn't eat D:
Brook Description: 4'4" tall with brown hair and blue eyes.
Wearing: School Robes with gold leggings

addaellis

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:49 pm
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

first year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Art Club seamstress || Adventurer's Guild sorcerer || Cooking Club apprentice
Dueling Club spectator || Fencing club initiate || Quidditch reserve beater

"Thanks Brook!" Aidene accepted the pear gratefully. Fruit and bread. That made a better breakfast.

She should have known better than to think that would be the last of it. She leaned over as Brook described how she was flying and hunger pains! And then SMACK. Oh that did sound painful. But that wasn't all! She broke her teeth and had to eat mush--THAT's that this was all about?. Mush was disgusting though.

Aidene rubbed her jaw absentmindedly. The next bite of pear felt a little tender. Eyes wide, she nodded at her bestie, not noticing how loud they had been. "Can I at least add cinnamon to the mush?" she asked. Mush with some flavoring wasn't unbearable.

addaellis

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:29 pm
New Year 2046 - 2047

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:31 pm
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

Landon walked onto the field for his second class of the year. He was looking forward to meeting all the first years. He wanted to leave them with a lasting impression and hopefully he'd have some enjoyable students that would want to continue into the advanced classes. As the first year students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good morning everyone, I hope you’re enjoying Hogwarts so far. I'm Professor Price and I'll be your flying instructor for the year and for those who wish to continue on into the advanced flying classes." he told them brightly. "Before we get into introductions I'd like to inform you about some class rules. Don't worry they aren't that bad. All I ask of you is to come prepared and on time for class. Listen to instruction and no horsing around. If I say I want your feel to stay on the ground I expect you do is. The last thing I want is someone getting hurt and I'm sure you don't want that either." He said looking over the sea of students. "Lastly wands aren't needed so they can remain in your bags. Aside from that have fun and try your best. I assure you, that your hard work and effort will pay off." Landon added with a smile.

"Now, as I have each of you come over and grab a broom I’d like you to introduce yourselves. I'd like you to tell me your names, houses, and something interesting about yourself." Landon instructed.

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:17 pm
User Image
User Image Yukon Knolle User Image
HUfflepuff First Year

▬▬"Potatoes have Skin. I have Skin."▬▬

Yukon went into flying class and went and grabbed a broom as instructed, “My name is Yukon Knolle, Hufflepuff, and I am very much in support of staying on the ground.” He nodded, then stood next ot his housemates. This was going to be terrifying. He was not prepared to fly and not have both feet on the ground. It was bad enough when they were on a boat. At least if they fell off the boat, they would be in water. If he fell off the BROOM he would break something. Breaking things was bad. Worse, he could die. He spoke aloud, “Do we really HAVE to fly? Can we just observe and determine we want to stay on solid ground? I mean, I love that we have this bonding experience, but not that this experience has to be in the air, where we will likely die.” Of course, the professor HAD said they wouldn’t get hurt, but what if the opportunity to be hurt had just never arose, what if they had never seen the fear like what Yukon was sure he had.

▬▬"Therefore, I must be a potato."▬▬

Where & Who: Flying Class with Firsties
Thinking about: We're all gonna die.
Wearing: Clothes meant for flying
OOC: Plot twist, he's actualy halfway decent at flying and wont' admit it

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:02 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

first year || Slytherin || pureblood

Wren left his stuff aside and scowled at the brooms. He didn't know too much about brooms, but these school broom didn't look half as nice as the one he'd used that one time, and if that had been a terrible experience, then he was really not looking forward to a whole year of broomstick flying. He selected a broom that looked fairly decent, only a few scratches and discolorations and joined the group.

He found himself between his usual Slytherin crowd and some Hufflepuffs, close enough for him to see and smirk when "Wren Winchester, Slytherin. I collect cards," he mentioned vaguely when it was his turn.

He was close enough to hear Yukon Knolle reiterate a very interesting interest in staying on solid ground and leaned forward to express...murmured commiseration. "I'm with you, buddy. Up in the air we'll be high up, wind rushing through our robes and bugs getting into our eyes. What if a broom stops working properly? What if we slip? A simple gust of wind could throw us off and then we'll just be falling, falling, falling...." He made a little pop sound. "Why not just do the bonding nonsense in the shade?"

setting Flying Class, Fall 2046 || with between the Slytherin and Pufflehuff crowd
wearing uniform || status Flying

We are the hollow men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!
✧✦
"The Hollow Men" by T.S. Elliot

addaellis

shinesnowillusion

Seasonal Pumpkin

9,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:27 pm
User Image

User Image

`.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.´`.¸¸.´´¯``•• .¸¸.´`.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.´`.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.´

Location | Flying class
Company | Other first years
Feeling | Alright
Thoughts | Time to fly
Wearing | School uniform

XXXXXXXXXXFlying class it was. Hera had gotten up in time for once and got ready, but really didn't pay too much time on her hair, and just pulled it up in a ponytail. Maybe they were going to in the air and she didn't want her hair getting in her face and obstructing her view. Same with Quidditch, but not really sure when she would play since she was a reserve. Once she came into class, she looked around at the other first years. The girl she met before sorting wasn't here, unfortunately that was a familiar face.

When the professor started talking, she turned her attention to him and agreed with him. When it got her her, she thought of something, not really wanting to give too much of herself away, "Hera Fenlock, Slytherin, and I can play piano and violin.."

[[Open to interaction]]

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas